PDA

View Full Version : MotoGp Donington Spoilers here

merv
26th July 2004, 11:35
I've been waiting all year for Colin Edwards to kick some butt and he finally seems to be getting his bike right - but waiting this long into the season isn't good for points. Now he just needs some even better, more consistent results. Will we see him resurgent in the second half of the season like he did in 2002 on the VTR? Can he beat that Yamaha?

I liked his comment:

"To all the nay-sayers, up yours. I'm here, I'm back and I'm ready," joked Texan Edwards.

What happened to Biaggi?

Cajun
26th July 2004, 11:50
blah i don't like edwards, hopeful he keeps falling off,

merv
26th July 2004, 12:18
blah i don't like edwards, hopeful he keeps falling off,

How come? He's a good down to earth dude - or don't you like his Aussie blood mixed in with white trash Texan or the fact he hasn't raced for Suzuki in my memory or that he doesn't crash much? That's why he's doing reasonably well so far - consistency. Now he seems to have finally sorted the bike to his liking.

Cajun
26th July 2004, 12:28
well i didn't know he was aussie, that makes it even worse.

No what i don't like is when he was in sbk he sounded stuck up, and also caused lots of problems for the slight man when they were in the same team.

One of my fav raced is haga, i love his riding style, he has never really race suzuki that i know of

merv
26th July 2004, 12:36
Colin's dad is an Aus, his mum is a Texan as far as I know so he's 50/50.

As for Slight they were good friends but did have the odd coming together when racing beside each other. Aaron I am sure would still have a lot of respect for Colin, something I doubt he has for two previous team mates, namely Fogarty and Kocinski.

DEATH_INC.
26th July 2004, 13:07
One of my fav raced is haga, i love his riding style, he has never really race suzuki that i know of
Yeh,me too!
I'd like to see anyone win other than monkeyboy....

Cajun
26th July 2004, 13:13
i just love his riding style, backing his r7 thru all the corners up the inside of the v twins when he was sbk, just that damn drugs thing stop him winning champship.

he didn't do very good on gp, but he starting to get use the duke in the sbk again.

yeah the gp is bike like the 4 wheel version, don't really need to watch cause you usual know the winner.

White trash
26th July 2004, 15:34
I've been waiting all year for Colin Edwards to kick some butt and he finally seems to be getting his bike right - but waiting this long into the season isn't good for points. Now he just needs some even better, more consistent results. Will we see him resurgent in the second half of the season like he did in 2002 on the VTR? Can he beat that Yamaha?

I liked his comment:

"To all the nay-sayers, up yours. I'm here, I'm back and I'm ready," joked Texan Edwards.

What happened to Biaggi?

Biaggi reportedly had shifting issues. Apparently his left foot was bleeding from the constant bashing he was giving the shift lever.

I'm stoked to see the Texan up there again. My fav since Scott Russel.

I like how the Texans call a spade a spade.

merv
26th July 2004, 16:24
Yep and I enjoy the comments he posts on his own fan site, that's when you see he is a pretty good bloke.

k14
26th July 2004, 16:39
i just love his riding style, backing his r7 thru all the corners up the inside of the v twins when he was sbk, just that damn drugs thing stop him winning champship.

he didn't do very good on gp, but he starting to get use the duke in the sbk again.

yeah the gp is bike like the 4 wheel version, don't really need to watch cause you usual know the winner.

I dont see how you can compare motogp to f1. That is a complete insult to motogp. The amount of passes in the motogp first lap would have been more than in the whole race in last nights f1, which wasn't too bad actually, but still nothing compared to motogp. I would have to say that the donnington round was probably the least exciting of the rounds this year, but it still was awesome.

Rossi is the man, how good is he. Then he gets on the podium, jumps over the fence onto a little ledge, sprays the crowd with the champagne and then throws his hat and knee sliders into the crowd :headbang: :headbang: Good to see another person up there in the top, but damn, he sounds like a country hick, lol.

Biaggi finished up 12th i think, pretty bad, but I dont care. Lets see a close one with gibernau and rossi with rossi winning in the last race. Can't wait for the next round.

merv
26th July 2004, 18:35
No doubt about Rossi - at the beginning of the season I did not believe that him and Burgess would get that M1 competitive - proves I knew nothing.

It's shades of when Ago moved to Yamaha and everyone said he wouldn't be able to master the 2 strokes - but he won 350 and 500 world champs (OK not in the same year, but) and the Daytona 200 first time out on the Yamaha. Must be all the wine those Italians drink eh - or is it the women that drive them on?

riffer
26th July 2004, 19:59
Should be good to watch.

BTW, is this the first race of the year Troy Bayliss didn't crash? ;)

k14
26th July 2004, 20:03
BTW, is this the first race of the year Troy Bayliss didn't crash? ;)

Third, but he nearly did. Took a big shortcut over the grass. Very lucky to keep it upright.

merv
27th July 2004, 13:09
Interesting comments here http://www.ceracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3854&sid=9ca2e2cbb8bc9e49e324d615a163a63b how the RCV (and I presume other bikes too) have a switchable engine map to calm the power a bit when the tyres go off it seems.

k14
27th July 2004, 14:21
Ahh, thats what it means. I saw on colin edwards pit board with about 10 laps or so to go the word "Switch" on it, wondered what it meant, obviously that is it.

k14
29th July 2004, 10:29
Just got this off the motogp site that bob posted in another thread:

"But the worst result of the day came from the olive-oil hands of Maxine Biaggi. Max, who once said he likes to loosen the lid on the salt shakers in restaurants, was acting all cocky beforehand claiming that he could win the title as he was only one point off leader Rossi. However his cockyness went for a burton as Biaggi suffered a gearshift selector problem caused by a fragment of Mick Doohan's amputated bone becoming lodged within the gear-shift mechanism. The hindrance caused the Roman Empress to finish in a lowly, Colin Edwards of old style, 12th position leaving him now tying for second place in the championship some 22 points off Rossi.
Biaggi was understandably peeved. "An equal gear-shift mechanism." said the bearded Camel star "That's all I've asked for. I did the best I could on the machine available but to win races I needed an equal gear-shift mechanism. Why don't people ever listen to me?"

ROFLMAO

merv
11th August 2004, 12:57
Here's an interview update with Colin Edwards http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Aug/040807ce2a.htm

I hope he has sorted his problems properly and does give Rossi some competition.

gav
11th August 2004, 13:25
Ahh, thats what it means. I saw on colin edwards pit board with about 10 laps or so to go the word "Switch" on it, wondered what it meant, obviously that is it.
Actually it meant " Let Sete by" but more subtle. Look for Colin to be racing a Honda Lawnmower next year when Rossi wins the title by 2 points from Sete.

merv
16th August 2004, 13:04
Here's a couple of pics of Monkey Boy and the others on the podium.

All from CE11's site http://www.ceracing.com/racepics.php?year=2004&idx=51#

merv
16th August 2004, 13:05
Actually it meant " Let Sete by" but more subtle. Look for Colin to be racing a Honda Lawnmower next year when Rossi wins the title by 2 points from Sete.

I already gave you the low down on that it was to switch the mapping on his electronic doo dah.

gav
17th August 2004, 17:02
Sure it was..... :msn-wink: :whistle:

jrandom
17th August 2004, 17:05
Surely the fine, upstanding folk at Telefonica Honda wouldn't be so crass as to use team orders to manipulate the points standings.

Would they? <_<

merv
17th August 2004, 19:51
Surely the fine, upstanding folk at Telefonica Honda wouldn't be so crass as to use team orders to manipulate the points standings.

Would they? <_<

Nope that's why Colin came in ahead of Sete and set the fastest lap in the process. No switching went on except with the engine mapping as Sete could not stay with Colin as Colin tried to catch monkey boy without final success.