PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: New Years Eve Gig.

ceebie13
31st December 2006, 17:54
Come on you lazy buggers...come down to the Bristol in Cuba Street tonight and let your hair down. (If you have any that is!)
My band is playing 8.30 through to 1am. and Mrs Ceebie will need a dancing partner!!
HaPPY nEW yEAr and SAfe Riding to You aLL.

Skyryder
31st December 2006, 17:56
Come on you lazy buggers...come down to the Bristol in Cuba Street tonight and let your hair down. (If you have any that is!)
My band is playing 8.30 through to 1am. and Mrs Ceebie will need a dancing partner!!
HaPPY nEW yEAr and SAfe Riding to You aLL.

Been cancelled

Skyryder

ceebie13
31st December 2006, 18:03
Been cancelled

Skyryder

Yeah Right! This man jests. Believe him not!

Skyryder
31st December 2006, 21:55
Yeah Right! This man jests. Believe him not!

Well some'it was canceled due to the weather. I think it might have been the New Year.

Kendog
1st January 2007, 09:33
Hope it was a great night, happy new year.

ceebie13
1st January 2007, 12:39
Hope it was a great night, happy new year.

It certainly was, Nigel! The house was rockin' from the first note. Typically
the punters took a while to 'warm' up. We had to offer spot prizes to get people up and dancing but once they had started there was no stopping them. It's funny...is it a kiwi thing or what? Put a live band on in a pub and people won't mind how loud it gets... they will gawp at you as if you have three heads...some will stand infront of the band and play air guitar...they all get off on the music...tap their feet...mouth the words...dance...but when the music stops.....stoney silence! Eventually, after a few beers they start to cheer, whistle and heaven forbid...even clap!!! Yay!! But boy do they take some winding up! At the end of the gig people come up and say "you guys were awesome etc... You just wouln't know it from their reaction at times. Good fun though...well worth the effort and I wouldn't miss it for the world. Rock on Wellington! :rockon: