PDA

View Full Version : Goblins Road race spectacular

Goblin
1st January 2007, 09:47
Saturday Practice Day: First two sessions were wet and I was on fairly well worn cut slicks so I just pooftered it around without scaring myself silly. Missed my second F3 practice but wasn't too worried as I was going ok in the wet. Third session was dry so I started to give it a bit and was feeling really good about the bike running really well but it felt awful in the front. Came in & checked the tyre pressures and the front was well low. Pumped it up and it felt like a different bike.
Prelim F3 race: Started right at the back of the grid and got the best start ever, flying through all the gaps I got into about 7th place. I qualified 8th on the grid.
Prelim Post Classic race. Started at the back again and did ok. Qualified 4th out of about 12 or so bikes.(Clubmans were run with PCs) Eman timed me on a few laps and I was doing 1.29s and a 1.27.

Sunday Race Day: First F3 race I didn't get a good start and got passed by heaps right throughout the race. Have no idea where I came. Second F3 race was much the same and I found I was going really well on right hand corners but kept fighting the bike around the lefties. Back in the pits Steve came over & looked over my bike and said the rear wheel was out of alignment so he straightened it for me. My last F3 race was wicked and I loved every minute of it! Did battle with a couple of guys but the guy on the GB500 got the better of me in the end. The guy on the yellow SV650 didn't get me that time.

Post Classic/Clubmans: First race I did ok but it was a lonely race and I still have no idea where I came in the placings. Second race was a little better and I did battle with a few people but I seemed to give up whenever someone passed me. Last PC race, after my bike was sorted, I went hell for leather and didn't let anyone pass me. The guy on the GB500 was already in front of me and I was catching him but I came in 4th place. Someone timed me again near the end of the day and my times were down to 1.23s and I think a 1.22.

Was really cool to see Sudeep in the lunch time stunt session, with none other than Stroudy, doing some stunts.:rockon:

I would like to thank the NZ Sidecar Racing Association, Andy Scrivener and Chris Lawrance for putting on this great event! Also all the people who helped and supported me in the pits, especially Steve Bryan who gave me some tips, words of encouragement and worked on my bike. I'd also like to thank the flag marshals who did a great and thankless job.

At the prizegiving I won a spotprize...a box of goodies and free entry to the next Road Race Spectacular!:done:

Scouse
1st January 2007, 09:58
Good on ya Kel keep up the good work

Sketchy_Racer
1st January 2007, 10:03
Awesome stuff Goblin!!

I saw ya out there in F3 :niceone:

sugilite
1st January 2007, 10:17
Well done goblin! You finished the day with a smile on the dial and a better handling bike, awesome! :Punk:

Good score on winning that free entry spot prize!!!! :gob:

Look forward to your next race report! :done:

chanceyy
1st January 2007, 10:26
Congrats Girl ............... woooooooooo whoooooooooooooooooo a flying goblin :D

Meekey_Mouse
1st January 2007, 11:52
It was awesome to watch you out there Goblin :Punk:

Goblin
1st January 2007, 12:03
Thanks everyone!

Jas...cant wait for you and Aaron to get a little racer! You will love it. :yes:

Meekey_Mouse
1st January 2007, 12:05
Thanks everyone!

Jas...cant wait for you and Aaron to get a little racer! You will love it. :yes:

Hehe, yeah it's gunna be awesome! Aaron will probly go bucketing and I might go Streetstock... depends on how much $$ I have after gear and race license

Goblin
1st January 2007, 12:08
Good onya Girl! How was the 14 year old girl who cleaned up the streetstocks!:gob: Good on that girl...AND she's doing the Nats!

Meekey_Mouse
1st January 2007, 12:10
Good onya Girl! How was the 14 year old girl who cleaned up the streetstocks!:gob: Good on that girl...AND she's doing the Nats!

She was amazing eh!! I had a small chat to her about streetstocks... awesome chick!

Sketchy_Racer
1st January 2007, 12:13
I hope she doesn't beat me at the Nats :o

Goblin
1st January 2007, 12:25
::laugh: You'll be right Glen...no shame in being beaten by a girl....even a 14 year old.

emaN
1st January 2007, 12:26
he he... great things spotprizes ain't they?!

worth checking those pressures then, aye? as soon as Tboy gets his own gauge,you two should have one always have on hand.

awesome that you got such good lap times Gob! we timed a 'certain someone' on a 'certain gixxer600' who was doing .20s...so that's a wikkid effort on your part!!

Goblin
1st January 2007, 12:36
he he... great things spotprizes ain't they?!

worth checking those pressures then, aye? as soon as Tboy gets his own gauge,you two should have one always have on hand.

awesome that you got such good lap times Gob! we timed a 'certain someone' on a 'certain gixxer600' who was doing .20s...so that's a wikkid effort on your part!!
Yeah.. gotta love those spotprizes...just happened to be a tyre pressure guage in the box of goodies.:yes: So no excuses from now on.

That 'certian someone' needs a big can of harden the f*ck up! But he did do bloody well and I was well proud of his efforts!

Sketchy_Racer
1st January 2007, 12:49
:laugh: You'll be right Glen...no shame in being beaten by a girl....even a 14 year old.

hahaha. Yeah I'll try remember than one :second:

babyB
1st January 2007, 14:08
way to go gal was good ta see ya out there
lol.. see ya can play with the big boys:shutup:

Goblin
1st January 2007, 14:32
Thanks baby :hug: My first 'Racing' pics! You're a darling!

Hope ya had a wicked night last night!:drinkup: :drinknsin

T.W.R
1st January 2007, 15:07
:2thumbsup Top effort Kel !! your going from strength to strength :niceone:

Denniso
1st January 2007, 15:18
good to see you got to Taupo and had a good time good on ya. Shame I couldn't get my shit together and get there myself would have been good to see.

Goblin
1st January 2007, 15:31
:2thumbsup Top effort Kel !! your going from strength to strength :niceone:Cheers mate! Happy new year and all the very best in the combined effort for The Nats! What a Team eh!;)

good to see you got to Taupo and had a good time good on ya. Shame I couldn't get my shit together and get there myself would have been good to see.I wondered where you got to. Will you be doing Paeroa?

GSVR
1st January 2007, 16:10
Good one on staying on and going fast. Your bikes looking really tidy and reving nicely down the start/finish straight. Nice quiet exaust system on it too. See you at the next Pacific round.

Cleve
1st January 2007, 16:17
Well done. Sorry I didn't get to meet you there. Hope to see you at the next race meeting. 28th PMCC or Manfield Nationals? The more females out there racing the better so keep it up.

Goblin
1st January 2007, 16:18
Cheers Garry. Always good when ya stay shiney side up eh. ;) Did you get any results or know where to find them?

GSVR
1st January 2007, 16:25
Cheers Garry. Always good when ya stay shiney side up eh. ;) Did you get any results or know where to find them?

I only remember one result and that was winning my first race and getting pole before all the faster guys turned up on Sunday. Havent looked for any. Wonder if the NZSCA has a web site.

Goblin
1st January 2007, 16:27
Well done. Sorry I didn't get to meet you there. Hope to see you at the next race meeting. 28th PMCC or Manfield Nationals? The more females out there racing the better so keep it up.
Thanks Cleve. On my frayed shoestring budget it will best be PMCC next me thinks.

Goblin
1st January 2007, 16:50
I guess the results will be up here sometime soon-ish.
http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/results.php

FROSTY
1st January 2007, 18:28
was good fun following ya around.For the reecord--YEA I was looking at ya bum instead of racing --the duct tape worked better in the last race aye??

Goblin
1st January 2007, 19:25
was good fun following ya around.For the reecord--YEA I was looking at ya bum instead of racing --the duct tape worked better in the last race aye??
Yeah, I knew you weren't showing me those pink bits for nothing:mellow: Then ya went flying infront of me....:pinch:
The duct tape worked too well and down you went again in the last race:gob:

Matt Bleck
1st January 2007, 20:11
Nice write up Kel :niceone:, you where looking good on Sat, nice lines too. :yes:

vtec
1st January 2007, 23:03
That's some very respectable riding there girl. And you're still just a rookie. Flying :D

kickingzebra
2nd January 2007, 00:04
Great to watch you again M Lady!! You are doing a class act out there! and having fun, Great to see!

Krusti
2nd January 2007, 01:26
Well done!

Good to catch up at Wanganui too...

Goblin
2nd January 2007, 10:09
That's some very respectable riding there girl. And you're still just a rookie. Flying :DThanks :innocent: You were looking bloody good out there with the big boys too.:yes:

Well done!

Good to catch up at Wanganui too...Cheers Krusti...was a bit of a messy night at Wangas:drinknsin Hope I didn't waffle on too much. I'll be heading out your way for a ride in the next few days...you have the best roads out there!

Great to watch you again M Lady!! You are doing a class act out there! and having fun, Great to see!Cheers Jonno. It's all about the fun for me! And you meet the nicest people at the race track!:love:

Goblin
2nd January 2007, 11:35
Results will be posted out with a thank you letter so I will post them when they arrive.:yes:

ajturbo
3rd January 2007, 09:54

she will

Results will be posted out with a thank you letter so I will post them when they arrive.:yes:

hey matey...
great to watch you out there going hard.
as we were lining up on the dummy grid, we had a great spot to watch as you came into the hair pin... you looked great... the sliding didn't seam to slow you down much!!!! (that was in the dry!!!)

:Punk:

Goblin
3rd January 2007, 11:12
hey matey...
great to watch you out there going hard.
as we were lining up on the dummy grid, we had a great spot to watch as you came into the hair pin... you looked great... the sliding didn't seam to slow you down much!!!! (that was in the dry!!!)

:Punk:
Hahaha...the sliding doesn't worry me, it's a very predictable sort of sliding with those tyres so I never felt out of control at all....I really loved it!:love:

Pics by Keith Muir.

HDTboy
3rd January 2007, 22:02
Yes I do need to harden up. You're doing good though. It won't be long till you're up the front of pre89

ajturbo
4th January 2007, 20:34
Hahaha...the sliding doesn't worry me, it's a very predictable sort of sliding with those tyres so I never felt out of control at all....I really loved it!:love:

Pics by Keith Muir.
it always amusess me when people do thier write ups and forget to put in the important stuf.........

like goblin forgetting about what happened on the saturday night......
there we were, in the head quarter's pits, drinking, telling lies and there was goblin coming in with what she was constantly telling EVERYONE that the drink in her hand was her LAST for the night... it was early to bed for her... ONCE the drink was gone..............
well there we were, what landed in goblin's hand... not once but twice??????
yep you guessed it.... well, we were kicked out as the organises wanted to get some sleep..........

what time was it???? well by the time i got back to my van. it was errr.... late?.... just ask skunk control... i think i woke her ... woops heheheheh

and yet the next day, after a couple of coffee's, there she was going hard!!!

a very impressive display!

Goblin
4th January 2007, 23:28
it always amusess me when people do thier write ups and forget to put in the important stuf.........

...and yet the next day, after a couple of coffee's, there she was going hard!!!

a very impressive display!

Ya cheeky prick! It was TEA...not coffee!

ajturbo
8th January 2007, 21:17
Ya cheeky prick! It was TEA...not coffee!
woops... sorry MISS:innocent:

Kornholio
8th January 2007, 22:02
Nice one Kel...you show the boys how its done :D