PDA

View Full Version : Manfeild Funday Saturday 13 January

GSVR
2nd January 2007, 11:00
Saturday 13th January, 2007
Where: Manfeild Autocourse
District: Manawatu
Sign in and Scrutineering Strictly 9am to 9:45am. Bikes presented for scrutineering must be of WOF standard. All glass to be taped. Sorry no sidecars. Bikes must be under 85db to comply with Manfeild regulations. All riders must comply with the following: Minimum age of 15. Must hold and present a NZ Motorcycle Licence. Appropriate protective gear to be worn while on the track. CDMTC reserves the right to refuse entry and/or to expel any rider who does not comply with event rules on the day

http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/CDMTC/index.html

Was a great day last year. Mainly road bikes and heaps of tracktime. Best value for money event for anyone that wants to have a ride around a race track at whatever speed your happy with.

Sketchy_Racer
2nd January 2007, 11:03
WHY FRIDAY!!

D'oh!

I wanna come, but alas, work....

86GSXR
2nd January 2007, 11:23
RG, you're in luck - it's a Saturday!:yes:

Sketchy_Racer
2nd January 2007, 11:36
D'oh!!

I saw Funday, and confused it with friday!!! hahaha.

In that case, I'm coming!! yay

86GSXR
2nd January 2007, 11:53
D'oh!!

I saw Funday, and confused it with friday!!! hahaha.

In that case, I'm coming!! yay

:doh: Good stuff :yes:

Str8 Jacket
2nd January 2007, 12:05
Hmm, I may actually be around Wgtn at that time and if I am im definately gonna take the FZR on the track. Im reading twits of the wrist II atm and i'd like to be able to try and put some of it into practice! Im assuming that I will be able to? I have a full NZ motorcycle licence, have codura jacket and pants and riding boots...

Deano
2nd January 2007, 12:26
. Im reading twits of the wrist II atm and i'd like to be able to try and put some of it into practice!

That could be interesting to see....:yes:

.Im assuming that I will be able to? I have a full NZ motorcycle licence, have codura jacket and pants and riding boots...

I'm pretty sure that is ok.

Darkman
2nd January 2007, 13:25
I will b there to take the R1 on my first NZ track day! Sweet!!!
I'll b the one cleaning up the slow group....ahh no..Helen's gonna b there..guess my luck is out!!.

Trudes
2nd January 2007, 13:42
The Kendogs will be there with the Hornets.

mikey
2nd January 2007, 17:40
im coming an going to go in the slow group.
nothing like doing flybys past noobies.
hahahaha

Trudes
2nd January 2007, 17:52
im coming an going to go in the slow group.
nothing like doing flybys past noobies.
hahahaha

Well, I'm planning on taking my mirrors off, so if you run into me as I change my line suddenly, I'll.., I'll..... ok, I'm not into making empty threats, I will be pissed off! :whocares: LOL.

phantom
2nd January 2007, 18:11
I'm planning on going . I'll see if I can get the hang of this "going round corners without dropping it" thing

Bonez
2nd January 2007, 18:38
I'm planning on going . I'll see if I can get the hang of this "going round corners without dropping it" thingI'm sure you'll do fine Pete.

wilber
2nd January 2007, 19:23
[QUOTE=Mrs Kendog;881002]Well, I'm planning on taking my mirrors off, so if you run into me as I change my line suddenly
Everbody coming up behind anyone else have to beware ,there will be 1st track users that may react or not as you think you would

Dafe
2nd January 2007, 19:34
I'm coming too..... 85dB max???? Depending on how strict that rule is depends on whether I'm riding. I'll be there to take heaps of photos anyway.

mikey
2nd January 2007, 19:41
there are no sound rules at manfield. the bunch of hicks that live close cant afford sound measuring equaipment so bring the sv.

Dafe
2nd January 2007, 19:48
I reakon it'll be a great day to run in the new SV's.
Mine, Shayne's and Andrews. Nothing sounds worse than a V-Twin doing 200+......... (The sound of continuous super powered deflating wet farts!)

Ain't that right Skelstar?

Str8 Jacket
3rd January 2007, 08:56
I'll b the one cleaning up the slow group....ahh no..Helen's gonna b there..guess my luck is out!!.

LMAO! Dont worry I should be somewhere at the top of the North Island by the looks of things. So your safe, this time..... lol

That could be interesting to see....:yes:

hehe, freudian (sp?) slip maybe.....

ajturbo
3rd January 2007, 09:28
this is a real shame.... the 15 year old rule..
the like's of luke not being able to get out on the track... yet i bet he could give a few the learn... ok, ok .. he could give me the learn....

but thems the rules.. :done: and i will be out there.....:Punk:

t3mp0r4ry nzr
4th January 2007, 11:59
so just rock up and pay on the day? sounds good

jumma
4th January 2007, 12:03
Hope to be there with my flatmates as well. Just got some leathers in time too!

Sketchy_Racer
4th January 2007, 13:57
How much does this cost??

just need to know how many pennys to save...

*Hick*

jumma
4th January 2007, 14:39
How much does this cost??

just need to know how many pennys to save...

*Hick*

40 bucks i've seen somewhere

Freakshow
5th January 2007, 13:19
Last Year there was a Convoy that headed up is any one interested in this again?? Or have I missed details already?

I am keen to have another go at the track!

Trudes
5th January 2007, 13:25
Count us in for a convoy ride (we got a bit lost last time).

ajturbo
5th January 2007, 14:59
Count us in for a convoy ride (we got a bit lost last time).

Last Year there was a Convoy that headed up is any one interested in this again?? Or have I missed details already?

I am keen to have another go at the track!

just DON"T follow Skunk...:innocent:

Sparky Bills
5th January 2007, 22:19
Oh, i see you beat me to it.
Ill be there!

Skunk
6th January 2007, 15:45
just DON"T follow Skunk...:innocent:
Piss off - YOU missed the turn and then took a wrong one. Even your memory is stuffed.

MSTRS
6th January 2007, 15:58
there are no sound rules at manfield.

There are - 95Db apparently

ajturbo
6th January 2007, 16:16
Piss off - YOU missed the turn and then took a wrong one. Even your memory is stuffed.

hey .. if i cannot blame you who else can i blame??
NOT me!!:done:

Freakshow
8th January 2007, 08:19
Well about this time last year it was my first KB ride and I had a blast.

So I had a look through last years thread about travel times (I have a crap memory) and 2 hours was give for the trip which seemed to work well.

SO

Departs 7am Saturday 13th of Jan at Shell MANA And I think Maccers will be open for Breakky. so meet with enough time to feed your face etc...:innocent:

Sweet??

Momentum
8th January 2007, 14:17
I am coming down form hamilton on the firdaynight for it.
I may need a place to crash that night.

I can also bring one more bike down with me if need be

MSTRS
8th January 2007, 16:24
Just got an email from the organiser and it's a TURN UP ON THE DAY thing, no pre-bookings.

limbimtimwim
8th January 2007, 17:31
There are a handful more details here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=946&day=2007-1-13&

Perhaps set yourself a reminder in the calender.

nickchilli
9th January 2007, 18:46
there are no sound rules at manfield. the bunch of hicks that live close cant afford sound measuring equaipment so bring the sv.

*spelling police

they cant afford it and you cant spell it :done:

Panther
9th January 2007, 19:08
hey momentum what other bike are you bringing down??

tell quasi to come down and ill beat him

fizzafulla
9th January 2007, 21:32
Ill be there, first time on the track for me.
One problem, It's meant to rain.
rain + first track day for me = ?

Momentum
9th January 2007, 23:14
hey momentum what other bike are you bringing down??

tell quasi to come down and ill beat him

lol i think hes away on holiday at th moment

Skunk
10th January 2007, 09:19
and i will be out there.....:Punk:
Spoke to Bruce. They're happy to have Buckets there but we'll be out in Medium or Slow groups with a delay 'start'... They reserve the right to 'control' our behaviour if we start carving up the road riders we're sharing the track with. At the moment there's me and AJ with buckets... anyone else?

kiwifruit
10th January 2007, 12:27
Ill be there, first time on the track for me.
One problem, It's meant to rain.
rain + first track day for me = ?

you will learn alot,
its great fun, you've just got to take it a bit easier

NinjaBoy
10th January 2007, 12:55
you will learn alot,
its great fun, you've just got to take it a bit easier

I'd rather make a Sacrificial offering to the Weather Gods :dodge:

kiwifruit
10th January 2007, 12:58
I'd rather make a Sacrificial offering to the Weather Gods :dodge:

im all for that, shall we offer boomer's honda? might make things worse tho.....

Fatjim
10th January 2007, 13:00
Spoke to Bruce. They're happy to have Buckets there but we'll be out in Medium or Slow groups with a delay 'start'... They reserve the right to 'control' our behaviour if we start carving up the road riders we're sharing the track with. At the moment there's me and AJ with buckets... anyone else?

I won't push you off if you let me have a ride.

Btw the weather F/C is for 25 degress with outbreaks of rain, so the track should dry for us slow guys.

Slingshot
10th January 2007, 18:20
Does anyone know if you need a full motorbike licence? I've got a friend that's keen to bring his new Gixxer Thou but doesn't yet have his full.

Thoughts?

skelstar
10th January 2007, 18:22
I doubt you would been a motorcycle licence at all to be on the track. Didn't Sam Smith Race without one last year? Im might be on drugs.

Trudes
10th January 2007, 18:46
Yeah, what are those drugs you're on? You're slurring and making less sense than normal.

limbimtimwim
10th January 2007, 20:14
Does anyone know if you need a full motorbike licence? I've got a friend that's keen to bring his new Gixxer Thou but doesn't yet have his full.
Thoughts?They let Str8 Jacket out last year on her KR150, I guess she was on some restricted licence then.

RantyDave
12th January 2007, 12:41
Bouncing the thread up ... 7AM at Shell Mana. 7AM to leave, that is, so a bit earlier to wedge a maccas down for breakfast.

Dave

Freakshow
12th January 2007, 13:20
Bouncing the thread up ... 7AM at Shell Mana. 7AM to leave, that is, so a bit earlier to wedge a maccas down for breakfast.

Dave

From what I remember McD's are open from 6:30

:spudbooge :corn:

MOTOXXX
12th January 2007, 15:19
They let Str8 Jacket out last year on her KR150, I guess she was on some restricted licence then.

Ill be blazing the RG150 in the med group.

Panther
12th January 2007, 15:43
what a ghey time to have two bikes and none on the road
SAD FACE

nudemetalz
12th January 2007, 15:50
Was seriously considering it but now have had something come up that makes me unable to go :( .

Hope you all have fun !!

Sparky Bills
12th January 2007, 16:16
Ill be blazing the RG150 in the med group.

WHAT A FARKIN HERO!:whocares:

Bring the Video Camera!

Freakshow
13th January 2007, 17:26
Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a good day blatting around Manfield and made it home safely,

My little brother was up at Manfield taking some photos from the infield, they are posted here in small format: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15245567@N00/

If anyone is interested in the full size originals they can be purchased for a small fee of $3, this is only to cover his petrol costs to the track.
If your interested, email him directly Thenaughtebucket@hotmail.com

Cheers

Beemer
13th January 2007, 17:40
Lose something after CDMTCI track day?

Andy spotted something lying on the side of the road between Feilding and Sanson on his way home from the Central Districts Motorcycle Touring Club Inc's track day at Manfeild today (January 13). They don't call him eagle-eyes for nothing!

For obvious reasons, I won't be disclosing what said object is, suffice to say it is possibly motorcycle related and therefore may or may not have been dropped by someone attending the track day.

If you have got home and thought "shit! lost my (whatever) that I use all the time", please send me a private message and describe what you have lost. A full description, including colour and condition of said object, will be required before it will be handed over!

Sketchy_Racer
13th January 2007, 17:41
Some cool shots there!!

Its a shame he didnt much of race class ;)

Panther
13th January 2007, 21:01
WHAT A FARKIN HERO!:whocares:

Bring the Video Camera!
you suck fat kumara billing slow boy

Sketchy_Racer
13th January 2007, 21:04
Buhahahahah

Mikey, is that you?

ajturbo
13th January 2007, 22:19
Buhahahahah

Mikey, is that you?
andy acturlly

Sketchy_Racer
13th January 2007, 22:22
hahahaha

You beauty!!

Momentum
14th January 2007, 02:01
damn it i was hoping there would be some pics of me going round the outside of people with my knee and peg dragging.

Was a wicked day

my high light was going round the out side of some bigger bikes with my peg and knee dragging on the little cbr.

and the look on their face :gob: when they saw me going round them

GSVR
14th January 2007, 06:20
I reacon anyone that enjoyed the day should go and give Busted (Bruce) a bit of bling in appreciation. Theres alot of work in organising these things and the cost to the riders is as low as it gets.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=856922#post856922

Theres another one on Sunday March 4th.

Cheers to everyone that helped out on the day. Scutineers, Flag wavers, Sign in people, bike collectors, etc.

Fatjim
14th January 2007, 09:21
Really enjoyed the day toward the end. Got a bit of my mojo back after struggling with the bike lately.

Didn't start well when some retard on an old cbf/r almost took me out on the sighting laps. Had to take avoiding action as he tried to go up the inside of me coming out of the no.1 hairpin and couldn't hold his line.

Had a good warm up in the first mediums while I worked on trusting the bike again, missed the next fast/mediums cause I was too busy giving Pex hugs after he dropped his bike, poor bugger.

Then it was lunch. Had one go in the morning and hadn't really got up to speed yet.

Next medium, started near the back, and after a couple of laps warming these old limbs up started to work on my corner entry speed a bit and found myself near the front by the end of the session. Since the mediums where led, I decided to risk the fast group next time round.

First time ever in the fast group, followed Taz around warming the tyres up on the first lap, only to have to brake real hard ( squealing tyres) into the no.1 hairpin (common theme here). I haven't done the "breather mod" on the VTR so she died on me, and I couldn't get it running again for about 30 minutes, which ruined that session.

Went out in the last Fast only session, and I don't think I embarrassed myself too much, down on either power, or corner speed, but not usually both to most the other riders, and didn't get lapped as far as I know.

Went back out in the mediums, and found that it had sped up quite a lot through the day and found I didn't end up at the front, although I had slowed my pace a fraction, cause my family had shown up to watch, and I didn't want Murphy to strike while the missus was watching.

Thanks CD guys for the day.

BTW, what's the story with the exit on no.1. there was a few offs in the same place, I even I had a moment with the back end stepping out on the VTR/Fatjim supersized combo!

ajturbo
14th January 2007, 10:51
Really enjoyed the day toward the end. Got a bit of my mojo back after struggling with the bike lately.

Didn't start well when some retard on an old cbf/r almost took me out on the sighting laps. Had to take avoiding action as he tried to go up the inside of me coming out of the no.1 hairpin and couldn't hold his line.

!

you sure it wasn't some old fart on a GT125?????:sunny:

Darkman
14th January 2007, 11:16
What a great day.Cheers for the organizers. My fist NZ track day and that on a big bike. Fell in love with my R1 all over again..if only I could take it out on the track every weekend. So much more fun than the Takas.
Started off in the medium group in the morning and ended up in the fast group in the afternoon and got lapped by Dean (great pass-looked awesome). I can really see how this could improve my riding and I have so much to learn. Can’t wait to start racing. Going to put some hours in this week on the race bike and hopefully have it ready for the next track day.
Gave my bike to Sparky Bills to take out so he can show me how to do wheelies at 180kms/h…..and IT LOOKED GREAT!

Grub
14th January 2007, 14:54
Buzzz ... buzzz ... buzzz ... what a buzzz!

The has to be the most fun you can have with ....

Did 4 sessions and had a blast. It's nice to see how much quicker you (and everyone else) gets as the day goes on. I think that's why I decided not to do the last session. It's like having one more run when skiing ... that's the one when you bust your leg.

Without realising it, the speed just keeps climbing until you start to realise that your braking point requires more and more stopping from until you have to move it back a bike length or two :)

Only scared myself once during the day (so I clearly wasn't trying hard enough) and that was in, of course, the sweeper at the end of the back straight. I decided to stay high and delay my turn-in until I was able to hit the apex at full power. I just stayed a little too high and a little too upright and got *very* close to the top edge. That corner always gave me grief in the rally car and it's still doing it to me :(

Busted (and the club), that was one hell of a day. Well organised, well policed and as safe as you could make it with a whole bunch of us who left most of our brains in the pits :)

Brett

Skunk
14th January 2007, 15:21
Heres that old fart with a skunk behind...

Leong
14th January 2007, 18:46
What a mint day! :2thumbsup After an awesome Taupo trackday on Thursday, we ( Ninjaboy, RM125king and I ) were quite satisfied, and with the rain and poor forecast on Friday, we might have gone home. Instead we rode in pouring rain to Feilding, and had an even more awesome time there on Saturday!! Big turnout we thought, especially compared to Taupo 2 days earlier. Well run event yet had a very informal atmosphere. Thanks to Busted and the other organisers and all those who helped on the day!! :clap: Good to meet a few more KB'ers face to face after chatting here!! Thanks for the tips Jimbo600 - we'll see what happens with that rear fairing!

First time on Manfeild for RM125king and me, and it's an awesome track to ride. Love the way you can power out of those opening radius turns, turn 1 and the one onto the back straight, and man can you get some lean on when there's so much banking! Found it hard to change up from 2nd to 3rd coming onto the back straight full throttle and cranked over, but soon realised that if I sat forward it was fine. Pity Manfeild isn't just a bit closer to home....

Spent most of the day in the medium group and like others have said, wasn't much fun once you caught up to the leader. Went in the fast group for the last session and had the video mounted. Video's of the full session, about 14mins - 64MB, and gives a good impression of the Manfeild track for those who haven't been there. Plse excuse the silly riding mistakes...:no:

Download manfeild.mov at http://homepage.mac.com/leong.goh/Biking/FileSharing32.html

jimbo600
14th January 2007, 18:54
What a mint day! :2thumbsup After an awesome Taupo trackday on Thursday, we ( Ninjaboy, RM125king and I ) were quite satisfied, and with the rain and poor forecast on Friday, we might have gone home. Instead we rode in pouring rain to Feilding, and had an even more awesome time there on Saturday!! Big turnout we thought, especially compared to Taupo 2 days earlier. Well run event yet had a very informal atmosphere. Thanks to Busted and the other organisers and all those who helped on the day!! :clap: Good to meet a few more KB'ers face to face after chatting here!! Thanks for the tips Jimbo600 - we'll see what happens with that rear fairing!

First time on Manfeild for RM125king and me, and it's an awesome track to ride. Love the way you can power out of those opening radius turns, turn 1 and the one onto the back straight, and man can you get some lean on when there's so much banking! Found it hard to change up from 2nd to 3rd coming onto the back straight full throttle and cranked over, but soon realised that if I sat forward it was fine. Pity Manfeild isn't just a bit closer to home....

Spent most of the day in the medium group and like others have said, wasn't much fun once you caught up to the leader. Went in the fast group for the last session and had the video mounted. Video's of the full session, about 14mins - 64MB, and gives a good impression of the Manfeild track for those who haven't been there. Plse excuse the silly riding mistakes...:no:

Download manfeild.mov at http://homepage.mac.com/leong.goh/Biking/FileSharing32.html

It was good to meet you at Manfeild mate. Hope to see you at a few more.

Sparky Bills
14th January 2007, 21:19
Had a great day!
Spent most of the day trying to set up my nice new ohlins shock on the racebike:innocent:
Was a bit of fun in itself!

Weather held out too, which was great.
Got to have a spin on the 749R racebike too! Man does that thing move!

Thanx to Andries (Darkman) for letting me go out and have a thrash on his R1.
I had a ball mate! See... It does wheelie in 2nd off the throttle:innocent:

nickchilli
14th January 2007, 21:25
thanks to all the organisers of the day ,
getting on the track was a first for me to and i realise what all the fuss was about

thanks to people who took pictures to freakshows brother and anyone else wont forget that day in a hurry see y'all @ the next one

fizzafulla
14th January 2007, 23:47
Well that was a great day. First time on a track for me, managed to stay upright, and blew out some serious cobwebs. I was very impressed by the turnout, event organisation, and the friendly folks everywhere.
Good to meet you freakshow, and all the others, im crap with names, if you remember mine give me a message, cheers. Dan.

ZeroIndex
15th January 2007, 01:24
damn it i was hoping there would be some pics of me going round the outside of people with my knee and peg dragging.

Was a wicked day

my high light was going round the out side of some bigger bikes with my peg and knee dragging on the little cbr.

and the look on their face :gob: when they saw me going round them

sounds like you had fun.. hope to see you at Te Rapa next this Friday

t3mp0r4ry nzr
15th January 2007, 07:29
ditto from me. a fantastic day and my riding improved considerabley through out the day. a few scares, like a 130kmh uncontrollable slapper on the grass from running off the sweeper (onto pit straight) but all in all, the 250 did me proud, passing on the out side of many a larger bike. I will be back for part 2 in march

limbimtimwim
15th January 2007, 07:39
ditto from me. a fantastic day and my riding improved considerabley through out the day. a few scares, like a 130kmh uncontrollable slapper on the grass from running off the sweeper (onto pit straight) but all in all, the 250 did me proud, passing on the out side of many a larger bike. I will be back for part 2 in marchWere you out in the medium group? You were going hard round the corners! Was good to watch. Bloody nice work.

Momentum
15th January 2007, 08:57
I will be trying my hardest to come down for the one on the 4th.
This time i am trying to get road rash to come down too.

so some hamilton 250 riders can show you guys how its done :yes: :dodge:

Masterchop
15th January 2007, 09:50
What a great day, Thanks to all the organisers for a very well run event.

I got out on my bike in the fast and race groups then took out the Ducati 749R race bike and CBR600 race bikes in the race groups.
Was doing some fairly respectible times I think.

It was so hot,about 28 deg on my ambient temp gauge, I was very dehydrated by the end off the day and was absolutly rooted by the time I had ridden home.
I think I did about 6 sessions so got my moneys worth.

bistard
15th January 2007, 10:00
What a great day, Thanks to all the organisers for a very well run event.

I got out on my bike in the fast and race groups then took out the Ducati 749R race bike and CBR600 race bikes in the race groups.
Was doing some fairly respectible times I think.

It was so hot,about 28 deg on my ambient temp gauge, I was very dehydrated by the end off the day and was absolutly rooted by the time I had ridden home.
I think I did about 6 sessions so got my moneys worth.

You must be getting Old,Mr Chop
What do you call respectible times

Sparky Bills
15th January 2007, 10:04

Oh i think he got down to at least 1.25's:innocent:
Or am i wrong Dean?

bistard
15th January 2007, 10:08
Oh i think he got down to at least 1.25's:innocent:
Or am i wrong Dean?

Now Now!!,you respect your elders young man!!

Sparky Bills
15th January 2007, 10:11
Now Now!!,you respect your elders young man!!

HAHA, Sorry sir.

I saw 1.18 on the lap timer, but that was his first session! So might have gone down more.
Hate to say it, but he was flying out there!
I leant my bike to Fish... I dont the bike knew what hit it!

Masterchop
15th January 2007, 10:13
You must be getting Old,Mr Chop

I do believe 16s was figure mentioned,

And as for that young wipper snapper Sparky Bill he saw the back of me a few times.

bistard
15th January 2007, 10:15
Is it time to rekindle the racing career??

Sparky Bills
15th January 2007, 10:21
I do believe 16s was figure mentioned,

And as for that young wipper snapper Sparky Bill he saw the back of me a few times.

Yeah, Ill give you that one.:rockon:

Masterchop
15th January 2007, 10:21
Is it time to rekindle the racing career??

It was spoken of,But getting abit old and broken these days.
Track days are probably the limit now.

Fish was fairly fevered up as well, But he knows he is past it as well.We are nearly as old as you you know.

t3mp0r4ry nzr
15th January 2007, 12:01
Were you out in the medium group? You were going hard round the corners! Was good to watch. Bloody nice work.

yeah I was in medium group. cheers. my most prized kill was passing a cbr 600 race bike on slicks on the outside, but Ive still got alot to tidy up on, ALOT.

limbimtimwim
15th January 2007, 12:06
yeah I was in medium group. cheers. my most prized kill was passing a cbr 600 race bike on slicks on the outside, but Ive still got alot to tidy up on, ALOT.Oh was probably one of them motomart fools.

Yeah, all show, no go, them.

;)

I didn't have a 'prize kill' this time. Last time it was a gixxer thou on the exit of the last corner when I was on my 400.

skelstar
15th January 2007, 12:12
Your prize kills could just be someone who could afford a bike that goes faster than yours Simon. Thats all ;)

limbimtimwim
15th January 2007, 16:20
Your prize kills could just be someone who could afford a bike that goes faster than yours Simon. Thats all ;)Who says I can afford mine?

Can I borrow a dollar?

skelstar
15th January 2007, 16:24
I would lend you one, but I used my last one on my own bike ;)

Slingshot
15th January 2007, 16:35
ditto from me. a fantastic day and my riding improved considerabley through out the day. a few scares, like a 130kmh uncontrollable slapper on the grass from running off the sweeper (onto pit straight) but all in all, the 250 did me proud, passing on the out side of many a larger bike. I will be back for part 2 in march

I saw that wee oops unfolding...I'd caught up to the group you were in and I was setting up pass on the exit of that corner...next thing I see you going wide and onto the dirt, I buttoned right off cause I though you were done for...wicked tank slapper...then somehow you managed to get it under control and off you went again.
Very impressed I was...I even came looking for you to shake your hand...but could only find the bike.

Waylander
15th January 2007, 16:44
I will be trying my hardest to come down for the one on the 4th.
This time i am trying to get road rash to come down too.

so some hamilton 250 riders can show you guys how its done :yes: :dodge:
And to think when I first met you guys I could leave you in the dust.

Sketchy_Racer
15th January 2007, 19:19
Thanks to the the Central districts club for putting on an awesome event, had SO much fun

I was entered into the 'Race' class on my 125GP.

This was the second time out on the bike, had ohhh so much fun.

First 2 sessions my bike had a horrible miss at topend, and i was geared Way to low, after the help of a kind 250GP rider, i had the bike going sweet, and changed the gearing.

In the third session i got MudBoy to time me, and got down to the 1:21s, was really happy with that.

Although i was not timed later in the day, I would comfortably claim a 1:18- 1:19

Awesome stuff guys

t3mp0r4ry nzr
16th January 2007, 07:19
I saw that wee oops unfolding...I'd caught up to the group you were in and I was setting up pass on the exit of that corner...next thing I see you going wide and onto the dirt, I buttoned right off cause I though you were done for...wicked tank slapper...then somehow you managed to get it under control and off you went again.
Very impressed I was...I even came looking for you to shake your hand...but could only find the bike.

haha, i ran off the ripples, hit some big bumps in the grass and bars started slapping. I kept the arms loose and tried to relax and I thought I had it under control but the bars were still slapping and speed up which was then when I thought that I may go down, in a big way. but hey presto it stoped, i got back onto the track and away I went. I could have made the turn but just didnt like the look of ripples looming and stood the bike up. lessoned learned. thanks for your comments

Momentum
16th January 2007, 09:02
I could have made the turn but just didnt like the look of ripples looming and stood the bike up. lessoned learned. thanks for your comments

I had that happen to me the first time i was on a track.

you just have to forget the outside of the corner and look where you want to go and push the bike over more.

cbr's can handle a hell of a lot more than what you think they can.

they are a grate little bike

Ivan
16th January 2007, 13:11
Thanks to the the Central districts club for putting on an awesome event, had SO much fun

I was entered into the 'Race' class on my 125GP.

This was the second time out on the bike, had ohhh so much fun.

First 2 sessions my bike had a horrible miss at topend, and i was geared Way to low, after the help of a kind 250GP rider, i had the bike going sweet, and changed the gearing.

In the third session i got MudBoy to time me, and got down to the 1:21s, was really happy with that.

Although i was not timed later in the day, I would comfortably claim a 1:18- 1:19

Awesome stuff guys

Oh yeah sounds good.
1:21 is a good time aye!

Sketchy_Racer
16th January 2007, 16:58
Yep,

Its a shame i cant do the famous '1:18' like you aye Ivan

:tugger: