PDA

View Full Version : Nooo!!!!!!

Magua
26th July 2004, 20:03
Went outside to put the cover over my bike, hoped on and twisted the throtle and snap, it goes all loose, I can twist it around and around with ease until it reaches a block at either end. Twisting it doesn't not have an effect on the motor or rpm. Who can I call to resolve this tommorow? I am at school all day and I have my restricted liscence test at 2:15 :crybaby: . Is there a shop, dealer, anyone I can ring?

Kickaha
26th July 2004, 20:12
Went outside to put the cover over my bike, hoped on and twisted the throtle and snap, it goes all loose, I can twist it around and around with ease until it reaches a block at either end. Twisting it doesn't not have an effect on the motor or rpm. Who can I call to resolve this tommorow? I am at school all day and I have my restricted liscence test at 2:15 :crybaby: . Is there a shop, dealer, anyone I can ring?

Check on the side of the carb that the linkage moves when you twist the throttle but it sounds like the throttle cable has snapped,call a shop asap and see if either they
1: have a new cable
2: can make you a new inner

If you're mechanically inept you better see if they can fit it for you as well.

Magua
26th July 2004, 20:16
Would any shops come to me, because I am mechanically inept.

Magua
26th July 2004, 20:28
When it comes to throttle cables I'm assunming it isn't one size fits all?
:mad: Looks like I will have to cancel my liscence.

wari
26th July 2004, 21:19
When it comes to throttle cables I'm assunming it isn't one size fits all?
:mad: Looks like I will have to cancel my liscence.

AMPS or Red BAron can rent you a bike ... cheep as chips

Magua
26th July 2004, 21:45
Maybe if they were on the shore, I've never taken a bike on the motorway before.

Antallica
26th July 2004, 21:57
Maybe if they were on the shore, I've never taken a bike on the motorway before.
Motorway 'aint that great but it's a must.

Might have to skip school tomorrow eh ;)
Ring up the shops at 9am and find one that will be willing to get the cable to you. Otherwise I imagine they will have to come and pick it up and that'll cost you ;)

tuscan
26th July 2004, 23:06

I thought there was a red baron on the shore...

Motorway'll be fine though if you've been riding a bit. I took my Fixxer out after about two weeks riding, in pretty busy traffic, and had no worries. As long as it isn't really wet... :confused:

Indiana_Jones
31st July 2004, 19:42
Fixxer's with stock tyres + water = not good :crazy:

-Indy

riffer
1st August 2004, 10:10
Fixxer's with stock tyres + water = not good :crazy:

-Indy
Tyres? Is that what they are calling those rim protectors now?

I thought they just put those on to stop the bike getting dents on the rims on the way over from Malaysia to here.....

Antallica
1st August 2004, 10:25
I'm still using my front stock rim job.... it's serving me well. It's certainly not anywhere near dying after 20,000km.

w3rd!

Indiana_Jones
1st August 2004, 11:09
The stock is fairly good in the dry, just pretty shite in the wet ;)

-Indy