PDA

View Full Version : Please help! My bike just won't start

nguoixala
4th January 2007, 02:56
Hi i currently have problem with my bike that i need help seriously.
Cause i'm totally new to the bike therefore i don't know anything.
The problem is like this. Last week on saturday i fall off my bike while riding on the left side. I check out and just the fairing got scratch, but there is no oil leakage neither any liquid, just the gear lever got broken. I had change another one and the bike seem to be just fine. A week later which is today, i decided to take it for a ride but the bike just didn't seem to want to start. I put on the choke but it didn't seem to help. I ask my friend to jumpstart with his bike but again just the old clicking sound. He got no idea as well. So please help me.

TonyB
4th January 2007, 05:12
It could be the micro switch that stops the bike from starting when its in gear, assuming its got one. Or the switch that stops the bike from starting when the sidestand is down. Try pulling the clutch in when you hit the starter button.

failing that it could be that you have left the kill switch on the handle bars set to off.... hey, we've all done that. I remember watching someone push his bucket around for ages before finally realising that the kill switch was off.