PDA

View Full Version : GS1200SS Speedo

GoGran
4th January 2007, 12:58
Hi does anybody know about the electrical side of the speedo on the GS1200SS. I had the original diode taken out and they put some other diode? in to make the bike think it is in 4th gear so that it will continue on past the 180kms, however now the speedo stops at 180 even though the bike is actually still accelerating past that. I would really like the speedo to show the correct speed but so far noone as been able to tell what to do to make this happen. Looking forward to your replies.:confused:

Aitch
4th January 2007, 13:46
I had a brand spanking new GS, speedo stopped at 180 even though the revs continued to increase.

Jantar
4th January 2007, 14:12
Sorry, there is no way that you can get the speedo to read any more than 180 even though you can go considerably faster. You do have two options:
1. You can replace the instrument panel with one from a GSX or similar, or;
2. You can buy a speedo healer and reprogramme your bike to show mph instead of kph. This will allow your speedo to display 180 mph (288 kmh) instead, and I do believe that this is faster than you will get a GS1200ss to go.

davereid
4th January 2007, 18:23
Go to supercheap auto and get a budget GPS unit for about $199 then u can see your real speed. Plus you know where you are.

Pixie
5th January 2007, 09:12
Go to a bicycle shop and buy a cycle computer for around $50.Get one that will read to 199 km/h.After 199 they start at zero again.