PDA

View Full Version : Twin-to-single exhausts

masterofpuppets
4th January 2007, 17:00
ok..
so ive got a cb250n that im bringing up to scratch at the moment... but it has no pipes or cans. standard they came out with twin exhaust (one on each side), however i'd like to possibly go to a 2into1. so question is what end can can i use. i'd like to get a bit more noise from it, without losing any backpressure.
so for instance... would one side of a twin exhausted 500 (of some sort) do the trick..
ideally i would want to get something that looks just like a straight pipe, kinda like them harley pipes, but not chrome.

suppose i should just go and have a look ata catalog in some shop.... but nah any input would be cool..
cheers,
Nick

Ixion
4th January 2007, 17:03
Depends what "look" you are after. They are not highly tuned so almost any silencer will be OK, you may just need to twiddle about a bit with jetting. A cafe racer style with a short reverse cone mega would look nice. And sound good too.

masterofpuppets
4th January 2007, 17:13
alright, sounds like what i might be after,
next question is, who do i get to make the pipes for me??
is it a matter of buying the can, and then taking it to a engineering place/car exhaust place and getting them to make up some pipes and weld em up??

The Pastor
4th January 2007, 19:26
well im getting a 4 into 2 made into a 4 into 1 at custom chambers, he said about 500-600 bucks for a basic finish/basic metal. Will let you know how it gets on.

C_A
5th January 2007, 11:37
RFVC engine?
Ive got a cbx250rs that I'm looking to do the same to. I'm assuming that a gb250 pipe will fit

crazybigal
5th January 2007, 11:54
go see cycleworks out the hutt

alright, sounds like what i might be after,
next question is, who do i get to make the pipes for me??
is it a matter of buying the can, and then taking it to a engineering place/car exhaust place and getting them to make up some pipes and weld em up??