PDA

View Full Version : Another spanner evening?

tuscan
27th July 2004, 09:51
Hey guys,

I'm very new to biking and have absolutely no mechanical knowledge whatsoever. :baby:

I am also a financially-challenged student so am not overly keen on shelling out for bike maintainance that is pretty easy to do at home.

I saw that a wee while ago you guys held a bit of a 'spanner evening' which sounded like it would have been pretty helpful for someone in my position. Unfortunately I didn't have a bike at that point, although it just happens that the bike that I bought was the one used to demonstrate on.

Anyway to get to the point, I was wondering if there was any chance there would be another one of these events being held. If so, I would be very keen to come along! :2thumbsup

Antallica
27th July 2004, 10:14
Chat to the previous owner of yer Fixxer ;).
Probably will be held later on when he's... not so busy/stressed.

FROSTY
27th July 2004, 12:20
Ill be happy to organise another one.
Tuscan If you like -come see me --Ill run ya through the basic stuff.

geoffm
27th July 2004, 14:38
Hey guys,

I'm very new to biking and have absolutely no mechanical knowledge whatsoever. :baby:

I am also a financially-challenged student so am not overly keen on shelling out for bike maintainance that is pretty easy to do at home.

When I am finally back in Auckland, you are more than welcome to bring the bike around go through it at my place. Got the manual, or at least the settings? makes things easier with the proper manual.
Geoff

Posh Tourer :P
27th July 2004, 21:23
I'd be quite happy to look at another spanner evening, and come along and contribute. Perhaps we should cover basic regular maintenance, when it ought to be done, what the advantages are and what happens to your bike if you dont....
I'm happy to bring along the beemer, as everything is easy to see on it, and its all pretty basic stuff too. It is a shaft drive, so it precludes looking at chain maintenance, but thats no biggie.

FROSTY
27th July 2004, 23:23
I was thinking of having the next one when Ive go the engine in my 750 -itll be all naked so we can do tappets etc.

tuscan
28th July 2004, 08:00
Cool.

Sounds like a good idea to me. ;)