PDA

View Full Version : Central Districts Touring Club track day. 13th Jan 2007

Sparky Bills
5th January 2007, 11:18
Same as usual.
Jan 13th 2007.

Ill be there with bells on!
Its usually $60 for the day (not sure if thats changed)
First in first served! so get there early!
Is always great weather for these trackdays, so sunscreen is a must.

Anyone else going?

jimbo600
5th January 2007, 11:20
Yep, unless theres a hint of moisture in the air then I'll be cooking and cleaning.

Sparky Bills
5th January 2007, 11:22
Ill try the pen camera again. Should get some good shots!

Trudes
5th January 2007, 12:03
Is it the CDMTCI 21st Annual Manfeild Open Day??

Sparky Bills
5th January 2007, 22:10
Is it the CDMTCI 21st Annual Manfeild Open Day??

I think so.

ajturbo
6th January 2007, 07:28
i have already siad in "gary H"'s thread that i will be there...but now that you mention a camera... when i get infront of you in the race class, i'll look back and wave eh!!

roogazza
6th January 2007, 09:18
I heard $40 for the day ,Just in case some of you are on a budget !! ??
Someone else may be able to clarify ? Gaz.

Sparky Bills
6th January 2007, 09:27
$40!? Thats real cheap!
Id budget for $60, that way if its more than 40, you wont be left short.

Ill have the camera on my helmet, so ill be able to look at you as i wheelie past your ass!:Punk:
Then look back at you as i pass you knee down round the outside!:innocent:

Hey Hey! we are not starting that rubbish! Only bad outcomes with that kinda talk.:shutup: You should know better AJ!:innocent:

MOTOXXX
6th January 2007, 11:52
$40!? Thats real cheap!
Id budget for $60, that way if its more than 40, you wont be left short.

Ill have the camera on my helmet, so ill be able to look at you as i wheelie past your ass!:Punk:
Then look back at you as i pass you knee down round the outside!:innocent:

Hey Hey! we are not starting that rubbish! Only bad outcomes with that kinda talk.:shutup: You should know better AJ!:innocent:

and whos camera are you going to use again martin??

ps your gay

Sparky Bills
7th January 2007, 20:51
Im not the one drinking too much, not being able to stand, and going home early!!..........COOKIE!

sinned
9th January 2007, 17:39
Is this day open to visitors, is there an entrance fee, can I buy food and drink etc.

Trudes
9th January 2007, 18:01
Is this day open to visitors, is there an entrance fee, can I buy food and drink etc.

Check out here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35550&highlight=CDMTCI and if you want to meet up with us and Freakshow etc to ride there, you are welcome to.

Trudes
9th January 2007, 18:03
Oh, and us going is weather permitting too, I don't fancy my first experience on the track to be in the wet!

sinned
10th January 2007, 14:30
Oh, and us going is weather permitting too, I don't fancy my first experience on the track to be in the wet!
The weather forecast for Saturday is not encouraging. If it is fine I will be there as an observer and will I take a long route (400k) to get there.

Skunk
11th January 2007, 09:00
Yep, I'll be there. $40. I think there's TWO other threads on this...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35550
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=41431

Freakshow
11th January 2007, 09:15
The weather forecast for Saturday is not encouraging. If it is fine I will be there as an observer and will I take a long route (400k) to get there.

Dennisr I really think you should come and join us in the slow group it is well worth the trip.:yes:

RantyDave
12th January 2007, 12:49
Dennisr I really think you should come and join us in the slow group it is well worth the trip.
Ditto. I'm going for my first trackday. Besides, I'm just bouncing the thread back up to the top so we can try and get some more people coming.

Welly meetup: to leave 7am at shell Mana.

Dave

Sparky Bills
12th January 2007, 16:20
bring on the fine weather!!

Deano
13th January 2007, 05:36
Anyone local to Feilding have a weather update ?

GSVR
13th January 2007, 06:07
Well its dry here in Palmerston North. Bound to be a shower from what the forcast is but not looking that bad at the moment. I'm still deciding weather to have a ride or not.

slydesigns
13th January 2007, 07:06
Overcast but dry so far, been outside since 6am getting the bike ready here in Feilding.

MD
13th January 2007, 08:11
Bugger bugger. Think I'll flag it. If the forecasters are only half right it's still going to be wet.
Plan B. I'm off for a squirt to Featherston and back before the sky opens up on us for the rest of the weekend.

kiwifruit
13th January 2007, 08:16
i've flagged it too, im sick :(

GSVR
13th January 2007, 16:05
Not Much to report. Bloody good days riding. Few spots of rain at one point but they dried as soon as they hit the hot track surface and no one even had to drop their pace. Usual couple of offs but no one got injured to my knowlege.

Biggest news was that Jimbo's bike appears to be to loud.

Deano
13th January 2007, 16:49

Yep, I heard about it...hehe

So there will only be one Repsol around Wgtn area for a while huh ?

limbimtimwim
13th January 2007, 18:20
So there will only be one Repsol around Wgtn area for a while huh ?Nah, it's okay. An indicator was a bit floppy. A lot of scratches. But it looked mechanically sound.

I'm know I am going to cop shit for this (My dick is bigger than his dick, etc etc..): But crashing a Repsol in the slow group would be especially embarresing. ;)

Anyway, I had a quick word with the guy, he was outwardly unhurt. Though I am sure he had a very bruised pride.

jimbo600
13th January 2007, 18:50

Yep too loud indeed and got booted. Fair enough though CDMCTC have rules to abide by courtesy of Manfeild. I'll have it sorted by March 4th though.

limbimtimwim
13th January 2007, 19:09
Anyway. I had a great time. I didn't have any problems at all. I initially thought I was a hero by sliding the back with the throttle on the first hairpin, but no actually I was wrong, there is a ridge in the road on the exit that I'd hit often and made it feel that way. Oh well.

I went out in the medium group every time, and managed to catch up with the lead bike, every time except that last. Which is a bit shit really because it spoils it. My last go in the medium group I managed to go out absolute last onto the track and didn't quite catch up with the lead bike, so that was my most fun session because I got to pass others. Safely mind you. Safely... ;)

I went out in the fast group once and watched a group (Tazman and friends) slowly get away so that by the end of the session they were about half a lap ahead. So otherwise I was alone for a whole session and that was brilliant because then I could concerntrate on braking as late as I could. Which of course, was always far too early because I'm a gimp head.

The event was very well run, I should be around for the next one on the 4th of March.

skelstar
13th January 2007, 19:21
Glad you guys had good weather. Was a bit skeptical.

Trudes
13th January 2007, 19:23
OMG, that was tons of fun!
I'm still running on adrenaline (and Speights now). I'm a certified nanna, but it's ok, I didn't manage to put the shits up myself once, although I'm sure I did to the six zillion others that had to pass me during a corner!
But the main things are:
I progressively got faster as the day wore on;
it didn't rain;
I started to feel more confident with my lines into and out of corners;
revved the crap outta my precious bike;
and managed to beat the hubby in a drag (ok, that might be debatable as to red flag conditions and who chickened out first!).:nono:
Bloody good fun, thanks to the organisers and the rain gods who stayed away, off to nurse my sunburn now (another beer should fix that).

RantyDave
13th January 2007, 19:47
A good, and ROASTING hot time was had by all. I made several discoveries including how crap I am; that dropping from 190k to very little at the end of Manfield's straight is trouser filling at the best of times; and that the Trumpet, given sufficient enthusiasm, will move at a considerable pace. Enough to prove how crap I am, anyway.

Must ... learn ... to ... brake. Must ... learn ... to ... corner.

In between sessions I did take a couple of videos. Most of which are also crap. However we do have:

The battle of the 250's drag race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVqjR_I89w) (GSX250 vs GT250R) which Freakshow is still under the impression he lost.

The "wheelie" dragger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-W2z-gD8pk) who won all his drags, ending all of them on the back wheel. No idea who this guy was or what he rode.

A short video of the last corner before the start/finish straight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KIweTI5Avc) ... and I think this was the "race" group.

YouTube is still "processing" at least the last one, so if it spits you out, try again in a minute.

Dave

spada
13th January 2007, 19:48
Yeah that was awesome fun. I had a smile from ear to ear. Got to spend a bit of money on the bike now so some buggers on zx6rs don't blast past me on the straights. Front tyre is gutted. :Punk: All in all a great day. To Mr and Mrs Kendog Aren't Hornets great. :yes:

jimbo600
13th January 2007, 20:02
The "wheelie" dragger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-W2z-gD8pk) who won all his drags, ending all of them on the back wheel. No idea who this guy was or what he rode.

That would be cowpoos. A top bloke who salvaged my day by letting me have a burl on his GSXR as I got turfed from the course for being too noisy.

RantyDave
13th January 2007, 20:15
That would be cowpoos.
Oh that's cowpoos. Fast eh?

A top bloke who salvaged my day by letting me have a burl on his GSXR as I got turfed from the course for being too noisy.
See, now I didn't know this either.

Whod've thought it? All I did was get up early, ride for hours, scare myself shitless and get dehydrated and hot ... and my brain goes completely to custard.

Dave

Kinje
13th January 2007, 20:26
yeah, top day. Well spent now :zzzz:

Started out in slow group, then when they called for second medium session after lunch when I expected slow, thought, ah well, im all amped to go!...best decision of the day :)

Good test of my ability, pushed me to improve skills and confidence. Tho I think my poor we cibbie had had enough by the end of the day- didn't quite get back to the pits :shit: but started up again, all sounded fine, refill the tank, and she didn't miss a beat all the way home :yes:

Thanks CDTC, much enjoyed

Trudes
13th January 2007, 20:27
To Mr and Mrs Kendog Aren't Hornets great. :yes:

You got that right, and I think you proved that to a few other people today also :rockon: !!!!!

I got turfed from the course for being too noisy.

Noooooo, surely not!!:lol: Hey nice one wheeled passing me on the way home too!:shutup: :eek: Had a wee chuckle in my helmet, certainly livened up an otherwise boring ride home after the track fun, oh aside from being sandwiched between a bunch of smelly bikers in BK!!!

ajturbo
13th January 2007, 22:23
i had a great day... was a bit worried at first... the bike wouldn't go, sounded like a tractor!.. some nice guy came up and said that it was flooded.. do this and that and it well fix it... i did what he said ... and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skunk and i had fun playing silly buggers... yep i can out brake him... but he was worried about scratching the pain work.. i wasn't....
got held up around a lot of corners by a guy on a SP1....!!!!

goooooooooood fun

Trudes
14th January 2007, 10:25
The battle of the 250's drag race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVqjR_I89w) (GSX250 vs GT250R) which Freakshow is still under the impression he lost.Dave

Love the laugh at the end of this video.

Skunk
14th January 2007, 12:41
skunk and i had fun playing silly buggers... yep i can out brake him... but he was worried about scratching the pain work.. i wasn't....
You didn't out brake me... I let you go to follow your seven bites round the corner.