PDA

View Full Version : Road blast video?

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 18:29
Ok, I know that there are a few :Police: lurking here so I won't give away much.

Is anyone willing to let me borrow a digi-vid-cam to slap on my fuel tank?

Before I take the Gixxer off the road, I just wana make a video of a nice little road blast with my fast mates through my roads.

It's a long shot but if someone is willing to lend me one, I'll promise that no wheelie or stoppie atempts will be made. I don't think that I will crash either because I ride safe on the road (that's my opinion anyway). If I do have a crash and damage the camera, I will replace the camera at what ever cost.

Thanx, MR.

Two Smoker
27th July 2004, 18:34
I "might" be there too, and i "might" do some stoppies and i "might" get my knee down infront of MR....... But ofcourse i completely disagree with this sign of stupidity :whistle:

Ghost Lemur
27th July 2004, 20:53
If you guys were down here, I could of probably managed to pinch the gf's digital vid camera.

Make sure you do it well and get some "from the sidelines" shots to throw in the mix.

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 23:42
I "might" be there too, and i "might" do some stoppies and i "might" get my knee down infront of MR....... But ofcourse i completely disagree with this sign of stupidity :whistle:

Wait till you see how good these guys are in the dry (you'll have to multiply the speeds you saw in the wet by about 2 to 3 times...). Oh yea, the line up has now upgraded too!

2002 GSXR 600 K2 <- me :yeah:
2003 GSXR 1000 K3
2003 YZF-R1
2004 YZF-R1 *new upgrade*
2004 CBR 1000 RR
2004 CBR 1000 RR *new upgrade*

Skyryder
27th July 2004, 23:49
Your choice guys but if you get caught, or the evidence (the photo's) falls into the wrong hands, it could be used in court. Saw a film on tv some time ago about a Porch racing through Paris at astonimcal speeds. They used the film against the driver. Same thing happened on one of those American TV cop shows. The driver filmed himself speeding and the film was used in evidence against him.

Skyryder

White trash
28th July 2004, 08:26
Your choice guys but if you get caught, or the evidence (the photo's) falls into the wrong hands, it could be used in court. Saw a film on tv some time ago about a Porch racing through Paris at astonimcal speeds. They used the film against the driver. Same thing happened on one of those American TV cop shows. The driver filmed himself speeding and the film was used in evidence against him.

Skyryder

Carry a really strong magnet with you. If a cop does ask for your tape. Give it a rub with the magnet as you hand it to him.

Works a charm.

Not that I've ever tried it :D

Coldkiwi
28th July 2004, 13:17
didn't think you had to give it to them anyway in that situation. no need to incriminate yourself after all. Unless he's got a search warrant you'd be under no obligation right?

Two Smoker
28th July 2004, 16:40
Wait till you see how good these guys are in the dry (you'll have to multiply the speeds you saw in the wet by about 2 to 3 times...). Oh yea, the line up has now upgraded too!

2002 GSXR 600 K2 <- me :yeah:
2003 GSXR 1000 K3
2003 YZF-R1
2004 YZF-R1 *new upgrade*
2004 CBR 1000 RR
2004 CBR 1000 RR *new upgrade*
Yeah i saw the new upgraded CBR1000RR, pity he didnt get the black and silver one :( and also have seen the 04 R!, very tidy :niceone:

Yep i know the speed will increase dramatically, ill just have to wait till Whangamata to Waihi stretch where the little RG shines LOL :crazy: ;) oh well, ill still come, but i wont be in the vid, im too slow :( at least i wont get done by the cops :shifty:

Coldkiwi
28th July 2004, 18:04
...my worry exactly... I mean,you go on a videod ride but the only way to get on the video is to incriminate yourself by having your plate in full view.... unless one were to accidentally have a sustained loss of traction in a muddy puddle first... ooops! :innocent:

Coldkiwi
28th July 2004, 18:11
(I'm dead keen to come along but i'd be too worried about the potential evidence and would go nuts relegating myself to the back!)

Two Smoker
28th July 2004, 18:16
(I'm dead keen to come along but i'd be too worried about the potential evidence and would go nuts relegating myself to the back!)
Thats why im thinking about duct tape........ or a really bumpy road to "accidently" make my plate "fall" off......

Motoracer
28th July 2004, 18:20
Well, it's just an idea at this moment. I haven't even asked the crew if they wana do it or not. If they don't, I might just do a solo and call it "MR, The final ride" lol... Already been done by GR? Ok, I'll think of something else then...

My speedo doesn't even work so I am not worried (unless if they get technical and get me for riding without a speedo! :crazy: )

Skyryder
28th July 2004, 18:52
didn't think you had to give it to them anyway in that situation. no need to incriminate yourself after all. Unless he's got a search warrant you'd be under no obligation right?

They could hold on suspicion untill a warrent is obtained. No problem.

Skyryder

Firefight
28th July 2004, 20:35
...my worry exactly... I mean,you go on a videod ride but the only way to get on the video is to incriminate yourself by having your plate in full view.... unless one were to accidentally have a sustained loss of traction in a muddy puddle first... ooops! :innocent:

CK that would only be a problem if you were in front, ! :crazy:

I don't think that will be the case ;)

F/F ;)

andy1
29th July 2004, 03:22
Hey MR wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :crybaby:

PS who`s the new crew members? :shifty: Dont tell me that Murry picked up his nuts and decided to give the open road a go! :pinch:

Goodluck wit the vid! :Punk:

andy1
29th July 2004, 03:56
Another thing, check this deal out i saw today!

2002 R1 for NZ$16,500. silver.
Ohlins front suspension
Ohlins rear adjustable rear shock
MotoGP racing Wheels
new renne`s
Ohlins steering damper
a small mirror which fits by the handle bars, so no big mirrors needed up top!
moriwaki crash bungs
full akarpovic system
carbon fibre fairings
moriwaki adjustable foot peg`s
wavy disc brakes with brembo calipers! front and rear, with braided brake lines.
A quick gear shifter
some sort of racing clutch!
and finally a fucken racing swing arm

Never been raced, only done 8863k!!!!!

Now thats what i call a deal! :confused2
Anyone wanna lend me $16k.....

I just thought i would tell you ppl how cheap bikes are here!

Motoracer
29th July 2004, 10:44
Hey MR wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :crybaby:

PS who`s the new crew members? :shifty: Dont tell me that Murry picked up his nuts and decided to give the open road a go! :pinch:

Goodluck wit the vid! :Punk:

If this is a sucess and if I am not in prision, we'll do another one when you get back. :apint:

Na, Murray is still doing his thing on the track as before. The dude on the 04 R1 is a wickedly quick ex racer.

FzerozeroT
30th July 2004, 22:29
I've been thinkingabout this. but do it proper, no speedo's and if the 5-0 ask "we sped up the footage" ;) then dub in some voices and make it a Vin Diesel movie :D

scumdog
30th July 2004, 23:01

Skyryder

Ease up on the recreational drugs you guys, you're getting paranoid, just do it!!! :doobey:
When was the last time somebody got caught like that in N.Z.? - it's as likely to happen as you scoring a date with Elle McPherson :doh:

jimbo600
31st July 2004, 09:47

Skyryder

No they can't

If you are detained without being arrested it's unlawful detention.

scumdog
31st July 2004, 11:17
No they can't

If you are detained without being arrested it's unlawful detention.

With the odd exceprtion like when they're taking you back to the station for E.B.A. procedure - your being detained but not under arrest. (or so I believe :whistle: )