PDA

View Full Version : Feeling horny? And I have a test on Wednesday

Freakshow
8th January 2007, 08:04
Hey everybody I have been having issues with the electric on the bike and after the weekend I am guessing it has something to do with the horn??

I hardly ever use it and lucky because it never goes.

History.

Recently the bike stop and all lights etc went out as if it was a dead battery. I kick started it and went fine no worries... This has happened twice.

Dropped it off for WOF a month ago and it did the same for the mechanic and he cleaned up the Solenoid or some thing and had no worries but still no horn?:mellow:

Yesterday I did some bike clean up and tryied playing with that screw on the horn and no luck instead it blew one of the main 30amp fuses??? Now I am wondering if these are related however I have not replaced any fuses untill yesterday??:angry:

Well I am sitting my full licence test on Wednesday and worried as part of the quick bike check he will test the horn.

So two question.

1) Do you know if they test the horn?
2) Has any one else had similar problems or ideas on what to do??

Many thanks to those who help
:rockon:

crazybigal
8th January 2007, 09:33
they check the lights but i dont think the horn.
you have a short to earth in the circuit, trace the wires and you should find it.

bobsmith
8th January 2007, 09:39
Hmmm... the one I did my test with checked my horn.

Have you tried replacing the horn with a new one? you should be able to pick up a new one for about $20 from repco or supercheap. If it is the horn shorting out or whatever, it could even solve your problems.

Freakshow
8th January 2007, 10:27
Hmmm... the one I did my test with checked my horn.

Have you tried replacing the horn with a new one? you should be able to pick up a new one for about $20 from repco or supercheap. If it is the horn shorting out or whatever, it could even solve your problems.

I haven't checked the horn recently as it has only just been replaced.

Freakshow
9th January 2007, 09:38
Well it was just the horn and apparently they only last 3 months before replacing???? Bonus was found the other issues with the Solinoid and fixed that do.