8th January 2007, 09:36
OHMYGOD... I am just about to head off to go PARASAILING... :gob:

yeeeferkinhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Punk:

will let ya know how it goes later!! :yes:

Jen :rockon:

NighthawkNZ
8th January 2007, 09:37
kewl... can I come too... :) please... its fun... i like fun

gota go for a ride gota go for a ride....

Trudes
8th January 2007, 10:06
That's wicked Jen, I've always wanted to try that, do give a full report when you return!:bye:

Meekey_Mouse
8th January 2007, 18:27
Oh wow!! That is AWESOME! :rockon: Please give a full report :yes:

Jas

Colapop
8th January 2007, 18:29
Dunno about parasailing but I did start to learn windsurfing yesterday... It's a buzz!

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 21:10
Well.. I've had a very exciting day here in sunny paradise!! :yes:

A friend offered to take me parasailing.. & of course I said "hell yes".. :Punk:

soooo... I RAN off the edge of a perfectly safe hill into the blue abyss :eek5:

FEEEERRRRRRKK.. did I squawk.. :gob: @ the point of liftoff.. (and thereafter for the next few minutes.. :shutup: )

WELL... whadda RUSH!!! :Punk: we did a few twists & turns out off the takeoff point, to find the thermals needed to take us up higher.. & when ya get a thermal is pretty cool.. ya can 'feel' the wind taking you up higher..

The wind is different to when ya riding a bike too.. I can't quite put my finger on it to describe what it is, but it feels good! you're working 'with' the wind in a good way, rather than mostly struggling against it (Canterbury riders will know what I'm talking about!!! :shutup: )

Anyway.. it's just amazing.. to be up there "flying" & exposed to the elements like that. I kinda likened it to riding a mates Buell, where through my visor I had NO piece of the bike, or me, in my vision.. JUST the open road out in front.. was the weirdest feeling.. but parasailing was like that too. I was sitting on my own separate harness seat but strapped kinda almost sitting back ontop of Rory (my pilot), so I had the open view out in front of me.. & the occassional glimpse of my white knuckled hands clinging with a deathgrip on the straps to the side of me.. lol..

Was a gorgeous day.. a few gentle fluffy clouds, but was surprisingly chilly up there!

I won't tell you however, about a certain 'problem' I have though.. something to do with motion.. moving vehicles ie: passenger in cars, boats, planes etc... but the story unfortunately didn't end that well for me.. :sick: & I am truely deeply sorry to the lady out doing her gardening below.. :bye:

Anyhooo.. here's some piccys.. also unfortunately I don't actually have any of me DOIN IT .. as I had my camera ON me.. & couldn't just 'duck' down to pick it up again, off a bystander... :shutup:

Colapop
8th January 2007, 21:13
Is there a weight limit? (serious question) I'm too heavy for a tandem skydive... :bye:

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 21:16
and some more.. taken whilst in the air.. (apart from the last one... :shutup: that sexy hump on my back, is my seat, that I had to shuffle back into once airborne.. nearly forgot this stage, as I was rather busy cacking meself about now...!!) :doh: :shutup:

I have a new passtime!!!!!!!!!!!! & I REALLY wanna learn how to FLY one of em!!!! :Punk: bugger this sittin there like a muppet bein a PILLION!!! :sick:

Was one ferkin AWESOME day out... :2thumbsup :banana: thanks heaps goes to Rory da pilot.. & ahhh sorry bout ya leg mate... :o

Trudes
8th January 2007, 21:17
Thanks Jen, that is awesome!! I wanna do that!

miSTa
8th January 2007, 21:19
Looks like fun. Good on ya Jen :niceone:

Swoop
8th January 2007, 21:28
A friend offered to take me parasailing.. & of course I said "hell yes"..
I thought parasailing was the one being towed by a boat? Parapenting is the "off the hill" one??? Good on ya for giving it a go!!!

Is there a weight limit? (serious question) I'm too heavy for a tandem skydive...Most tandem places should be OK up to (and sometimes slightly over) 100kg. If you can get a tandem master the size of Finn, you might be OK.

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 21:33
kewl... can I come too... :) please... its fun... i like fun

no.. go away.. this is MY sandpit.... :nya:

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 22:06
here's a L - R 3sum sweeping Nelson Bay.. taken from terra firma!! :shutup:

is it any wonder I live here.. with this on my doorstep aye!!!! :Punk:

Blondini
8th January 2007, 22:27
I thought parasailing was the one being towed by a boat? Parapenting is the "off the hill" one??? Good on ya for giving it a go!!!
Most tandem places should be OK up to (and sometimes slightly over) 100kg. If you can get a tandem master the size of Finn, you might be OK.

Ahhh I believe it to be paragliding???Parasailing is behind a boat true from my knowledge...what would I kinow except it sounds like lots of fun and good on you..life is short so make sure you fit in all you want to ... because we only have today and if god says so than we will have tomorrow too

terbang
8th January 2007, 22:47
Biking and flying go hand in hand. Nice one..!

bikemike
8th January 2007, 22:48
Parascending or Parasailing is the boat-towed version is it not?

Parepenting / Paragliding is the foot launched free-form version. Never saw the point in parasailing.

I've done some paragliding and it is awesome. There have often been a few bikers on the hills when I have flown. (Not licensed, don't do it at the moment) Seems a common interest, same with gliding.

Confirm the weight thing re 100kg, I was 104 last time I went up. Adds stability!

One pleasant thing about the paragliding is the sound. It's quiet and peaceful. It's beautiful if you get a bird of prey up circling in a thermal with you.
Keep it up MyGSXF, sounds like you are going to love it. I'm sure the little problem will go away :-) Huge blind spot above you mind, take care.

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 22:49
Biking and flying go hand in hand. Nice one..!

:gob: ferk... I hope not!!!!!

ps: WAY cool avitar BTW!!!!! :Punk: :innocent:

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 23:11
Is there a weight limit? (serious question) I'm too heavy for a tandem skydive... :bye:

Will check with my pilot for ya.. :yes: I recall him saying something about the wing we were using today, can take up to about 230kgs... (including gear & wing)

& he said that they 'fly better' with more weight ie: tandom rather than solo.. the wing is more stable with more weight under it.. & less likely to buckle/fold.. which seriously, can't be a good look at the time... :shit:

MyGSXF
8th January 2007, 23:23
it sounds like lots of fun and good on you..life is short so make sure you fit in all you want to ... because we only have today and if god says so than we will have tomorrow too

you're onto it babe!!

One pleasant thing about the paragliding is the sound. It's quiet and peaceful. It's beautiful if you get a bird of prey up circling in a thermal with you.
Keep it up MyGSXF, sounds like you are going to love it. I'm sure the little problem will go away :-) Huge blind spot above you mind, take care.

Yep.. it was lovely & peaceful.. except for my intermittent squawking... :innocent: thus followed by Rory's laugh.. :laugh: :doh:

was cool watching the other wings flying around us too!!

I have no 'problem' riding my bike or driving the car.. so I figure I won't have a 'problem' when "I" am flying one of the ferkers meself either!!!!! :Punk: sounds logical!!! DEFINTELY gunna do it again.. no matter!!!! :done:

Colapop
9th January 2007, 05:47
Most tandem places should be OK up to (and sometimes slightly over) 100kg. If you can get a tandem master the size of Finn, you might be OK.
If 'slightly' over 100kg means about 25kg over then - YAY! My problem is that because muscle weighs heavier than fat, people think I'm fat when they hear my weight... true story...

MyGSXF
9th January 2007, 10:51

Have just checked with my pilot.. & you're quite right there!!! :yes: Parasailing IS the one from a boat!! 'Paraponting' if the French word for paragliding..

sooo.. I went paraGLIDING yesterday!!! :Punk:

MyGSXF
9th January 2007, 10:56

Ok.. just checked for ya...

Rory's wing takes a max of 220kgs.. minus gear of 25kgs.. so that leaves a total weight of 195kgs for the pilot & passenger together.

If you want to do a fly.. make sure you ask the outfit what the max weight of their wings is.. as there are some that only take a max weight of 180kgs (incl all the gear!!)

If ya keen.. DO IT!!! It's totally awesome!!! :Punk:

ManDownUnder
9th January 2007, 10:59

check out www.skywings.co.nz (http://www.skywings.co.nz)

Different wings have different weight limits and flight characteristics... something for everyone in there!

MyGSXF
9th January 2007, 11:09
check out www.skywings.co.nz (http://www.skywings.co.nz)

Different wings have different weight limits and flight characteristics... something for everyone in there!

Awesome site there MDU.. cheers!!!

check out the pics in the gallery!!! :Punk:

ManDownUnder
9th January 2007, 11:13
Awesome site there MDU.. cheers!!!

check out the pics in the gallery!!! :Punk:

Yeah - tis good. And I'll personally vouch for the guy running the site. TOP TOP man. Nice guy and what a hell of a job... lucky bastard!

MyGSXF
9th January 2007, 11:26
what a hell of a job... lucky bastard!

I reckon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Punk:

M1CRO
9th January 2007, 23:25
Thats awesome.. Good on ya for trying something new...
Nothing wrong with adding Adreneline to the blood mix every now and then :first:

MyGSXF
10th January 2007, 08:37
Thats awesome.. Good on ya for trying something new...
Nothing wrong with adding Adreneline to the blood mix every now and then :first:

I think the adrenalin took over the blood supply.. !! :gob: Felt like my ticker was going to explode, it was pounding that hard!!! :crazy:

Fat Tony
18th January 2007, 21:01
Wow, Jen that looks fantastic. Good on yah!