PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200S

jeff
8th January 2007, 17:52
We bought another bike for the fleet while we were away at Xmas. Anyone else got one of these?

We have ordered a packrack to put a topbox on and had a look at the Oxford panniers for sports bikes today.

Any good tips for these bikes would be appreciated. Oil, suspension settings etc. Any problems encountered with the ZRX?

Jeff and Chrissie:scooter: :scooter:

Scouse
8th January 2007, 18:22
I had a ZRX1200R just before I bought the Speed Triple the R an the S have the same motor just different farings the are a good torquey bike will pull cleanly from 2000 rpm in 5th gear you can make them handle better by putting some Ohlins at the back end and a fork brace up front great bike

car
8th January 2007, 19:19
Any good tips for these bikes would be appreciated. Oil, suspension settings etc. Any problems encountered with the ZRX?

Mmm, I really liked that Eddie Lawson rep they did.

If I remember correctly, the guys at Performance Bike reckoned that the best bang for buck suspension mod was to turn the eccentric cam that the rear wheel axle is mounted in through a full 180 degrees, lifting the rear by an inch or so. But then, those guys were mental.