PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia exhaust modification

trex_rider
9th January 2007, 18:18
Hi Guys

I recently bought my dream bike an Aprilia RSV Mille 2003, and to make my dream complete i need the true Aprilia sound, so if anyone knows of a good exhasut to put on to her it would be kindly apprechiated. Ive looked at Arrows, Mircons, Scriopons and MIVV if anyone has had good or bad results and can recommend the exhaust to unleash the great sound :gob: please let me know.

Thanks

Cajun
9th January 2007, 18:26
'leo vince' seam like good prices, and good good performance, compared to other brands

Sensei
9th January 2007, 19:24
Put Twin Titanium Arrows onto mates 06 RSVR with removeable buffles , Very Loud !! but excellent Quality . If you want the best pipe for Aprilias then Akrapovic , they are like the Yoshy for Suzukis or the Muzzy for Kawasaki

trex_rider
9th January 2007, 20:31
How much are the Akrapovics worth do you know? i was quoted $650 for a s/steel scriopon and $1000 for a arrow titanium from Cycletreads on the north shore. Im mainly looking for BIG sound.:Punk:

Sensei
9th January 2007, 20:50
How much are the Akrapovics worth do you know? i was quoted $650 for a s/steel scriopon and $1000 for a arrow titanium from Cycletreads on the north shore. Im mainly looking for BIG sound.:Punk:

Mt Eden should beable to tell you price for Akrapvic's , the arrows with the removeable buffle are Bloody Loud if thats what ya want , but my Ti Akrapovic is better sounding with less out right noise .

ArcherWC
9th January 2007, 21:59
I love the sound of the Arrows on my RSV. I originally had the standard pipes cored, but they were too loud for my daily commute, so if you are after outright noise that would be the go and its much cheaper than slip ons.

PS: here is the difinative stop for all things Aprilia
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/

trex_rider
10th January 2007, 19:08
Have you guys heard of GPR exhausts emoto in chch imports them with a removeable baffell for with titunium for about $700 and for a MIVV for $900 and i was also priced $990 for an arrow. And how much and where did you get your pipes re cored? Wat do you guys think

Clivoris
10th January 2007, 19:58
This is a debate that rages every now and then on the Aprilia Forum try this for example (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103020). It seems like the favoured options are the Akrapovics and Arrows. Leo Vince and the big bore Telco are popular with some. All seem to agree that for the 03 Milles and original Tuono a full 2-2 system with chip (Sensei has access to a good source, it seems) or PCIII (+ derestriction) are the best way to free up some ponies and remove the flat spot at 5-6,000 rpm. I don't know much about the other options on the market. They seem to be much of a muchness. I have a Renegade 2-2 Hi mount system (+PCIII) that's loud but not offensive and definitely let's it rev properly and removed the flat spot. In the end, getting rid of the standard can will at least lose you some weight regardless of what you replace it with. If you're patient cans come up occasionally on Tardme much cheaper than retail. Ebay is apparently very good but I've never tried it. The Aprilia forum is a great source of info and gives good guidelines for derestriction.
Good luck.

xwhatsit
19th January 2007, 23:45
...the true Aprilia sound...

You mean the true Rotax sound?

Gmonsta
27th January 2007, 12:29
I heard on the grapevine that Akrapovic are putting out a new range of carbon cans. Maybe worth waiting a couple of weeks to see what comes out of the factory. Apparantly they are inline with the new hexaganal shapes. Overall if you want a bassier sound - go with carbon. I have cored - and they are fri*gin loud - so I run with baffles.

Dazza
1st February 2007, 08:22
Apparently stay away from carbon fibre with the Mille,it doesn't like the pulses of the 60 degree, if you want loud go Arrow with the removable suppressor thingy, in nice-out f'kn awesome :yes:

DMNTD
1st February 2007, 08:37
We have some stainless Leo Vince slip-ons for sale if you know of anyone interested.
They are in bloody good nick and come with all the bits 'n bobs.

The Pastor
2nd February 2007, 09:33
What does cored mean?

Cajun
2nd February 2007, 09:45
cored means you take the insides and throw them in the bin,

eg most exhusts have three chambers, you get rid of chambers and just make pipe straight thru (with some baffleing of course) but simple, gives good sound on vtwins, and stock pipes on rsvr look good

vifferman
2nd February 2007, 09:49
Apparently stay away from carbon fibre with the Mille,it doesn't like the pulses of the 60 degree
That's the case with most (all?) v-twins. Apparently.

Alive
3rd February 2007, 07:28
T-Rex.... Have you got your mufflers sorted yet?

trex_rider
5th February 2007, 22:39
Hi guys im considering coring the factory pipes as the cost and 3 month waiting list is becoming too much of a wait so if you guys know of a good place to take the can too in Auckland can you please let me know.

Cheers:scooter:

eviltwin
6th February 2007, 06:12
I heard on the grapevine that Akrapovic are putting out a new range of carbon cans. Maybe worth waiting a couple of weeks to see what comes out of the factory. Apparantly they are inline with the new hexaganal shapes. Overall if you want a bassier sound - go with carbon. I have cored - and they are fri*gin loud - so I run with baffles.
i had carbon vance & hines pipes on my TLR and the pulse split them in half, although it was an expensive mistake i was well impressed that my bike blew up my cans!

Alive
9th February 2007, 12:22
Hi guys im considering coring the factory pipes as the cost and 3 month waiting list is becoming too much of a wait so if you guys know of a good place to take the can too in Auckland can you please let me know.

Cheers:scooter:

Yea man... give Warren a call.. 021 035 2218 ... Virgin Mufflers, West Ak

DMNTD
9th February 2007, 14:10
Yea man... give Warren a call.. 021 035 2218 ... Virgin Mufflers, West Ak
Ha...just done the same thing. Booked in for next monday :yes:

ArcherWC
9th February 2007, 14:24

Hey Chris, do you want the pipes off mine while yours is getting done?

DMNTD
9th February 2007, 14:26
Hey Chris, do you want the pipes off mine while yours is getting done?

Cheers for the offer bud,appreciated, but this guy Warren (mentioned above) will have them back to us by thursday!! Genuinely impressed...if he makes good which it appears he will do so.

BUT...what I could do for you is sort 'em chicken strips :dodge:

ArcherWC
9th February 2007, 14:32
Cheers for the offer bud,appreciated, but this guy Warren (mentioned above) will have them back to us by thursday!! Genuinely impressed...if he makes good which it appears he will do so.

BUT...what I could do for you is sort 'em chicken strips :dodge:
LOL, my bike dosnt like road side barriers.

And Warren has done a few Aprilias now, hes got it sorted.
Im dropping my bike off to him the week after next to work on dropping the pillion pegs for Rach

DMNTD
9th February 2007, 14:37
LOL, my bike dosnt like road side barriers.

And Warren has done a few Aprilias now, hes got it sorted.
Im dropping my bike off to him the week after next to work on dropping the pillion pegs for Rach

Ok ok...I should've said I'll work on all its strips :shutup:
Have heard a few WAV file and two bikes that he has done....mighty impressed and extremely cheap in comparison with new pipes

Alive
9th February 2007, 21:10

Sweet... I stuck up a thread about his work with pics of what he did for me...

Add you own recomedation if you want

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=43184

Gmonsta
10th February 2007, 08:07
I prefer the look of the standard pipes but also the larger diametre exit to aftermarkets. Apart from the Evo 6 Akras that is. Although a fairly simple process this is a quick guide I did when I cored my pipes - most of the info I jacked off the AF1 website, although I guess your man will do the pipework being an 03 model???

http://www.clubalpine.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=32

Faster
12th February 2007, 20:06
I bought my 02 with a Neptune already on it. It sounds fantastic!!