PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here in Tauranga?

Marknz
28th July 2004, 19:24
just wondering if anyone on here might be in Tauranga and could do me a favour. If you're good with bikes and have an understanding of what you're looking at, I'd be keen for you to have a look at this race bike for me at Bay City motorcycles...

http://www.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=293548&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

Looks like a reasonably good deal apart from the fact that despite the advert there are no tyre warmers.

Even better if someone has knowledge of this bike and knows some of it's history.

Cheers
Mark

Firefight
28th July 2004, 20:47
just wondering if anyone on here might be in Tauranga and could do me a favour. If you're good with bikes and have an understanding of what you're looking at, I'd be keen for you to have a look at this race bike for me at Bay City motorcycles...

http://www.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=293548&TabID=3553&Alias=bikepointnz

Looks like a reasonably good deal apart from the fact that despite the advert there are no tyre warmers.

Even better if someone has knowledge of this bike and knows some of it's history.

Cheers
Mark

PM Cajun he lives there, and even though I'd never tell him to his face, he knows a bit about bikes, hes owned plenty, just don't call him Banana man,
he might go a bit :crazy: Hes a pretty good bloke for an IT geek.

F/F :shifty:

LB
29th July 2004, 05:52
Mark: when I clicked on the bikepoint link, it was a blank page.

Eddieb
29th July 2004, 09:13
I'd be keen for you to have a look at this race bike for me at Bay City motorcycles...

Thats not a bucket! Are you not coming racing with us? Did the mighty gs scare you away :laugh: :bleh:

Slim
29th July 2004, 09:56
The Man has had a look at this bike already. $4500 is definitely too much for this bike, especially if there aren't any tyre warmers, which could set you back another $500. Besides which, apparently Andy will feed you a whole lot of BS, so you're smart getting someone else to check it out for you.

There's also some discrepancy about the engine: it's apparently got a ZX4R in it, not a ZXR400 motor.

The Man is going to talk to Jim tonight about it and tell me what the story is & I'll post more tomorrow morning.

Marknz
29th July 2004, 17:39
Thats not a bucket! Are you not coming racing with us? Did the mighty gs scare you away :laugh: :bleh:

Oh, I reckon I could afford to run a bucket as well... all I have to do is get it on the bloody boat!

Marknz
29th July 2004, 17:41
The Man has had a look at this bike already. $4500 is definitely too much for this bike, especially if there aren't any tyre warmers, which could set you back another $500. Besides which, apparently Andy will feed you a whole lot of BS, so you're smart getting someone else to check it out for you.

There's also some discrepancy about the engine: it's apparently got a ZX4R in it, not a ZXR400 motor.

The Man is going to talk to Jim tonight about it and tell me what the story is & I'll post more tomorrow morning.

Thanks Slim! Yes, I've already been told by Andy by email that they will negotiate... but I would appreciate someone who knows what they're looking at to have a peek for me. Truth be known I could drive all the way there myself and have a look, but I wouldn't know what I was looking at or for with these bikes.

Thanks
Marknz

Slim
30th July 2004, 10:20
The Man spoke to Jim last night. He's still pretty sure it's actually a ZX400R motor, but couldn't really comment on whether there'll be enough power for racing or not.

Best bet is to get the engine number & call Kawasaki NZ to find out exactly what sort of motor it is.

I'm in the BoP this weekend, but not sure if I can talk The Man into going into Tauranga for another look. Will get back to you if we do. Any word from Cajun?

Good luck.

Cajun
30th July 2004, 15:43
Sorry i have been up in auckland since wesnday, upgrading all the computer systems in our auckland depot, i will go down and have a look at tomorrow, i know andy well, i brought my old 1100 from him, and my brother in law did work there

Slim
2nd August 2004, 11:08
Sorry to say that the dyno run & shopping for some thermal socks meant that the shop was closed by the time I was done. :(

I strongly suggest getting the engine number & calling Kawasaki NZ to confirm what type of engine it is. If it's a ZX4R then you need to beat the price down, if it's a ZXR4, plus spare motor, plus tyre warmers, then it's a very good price.

Good luck.

Marknz
5th August 2004, 17:04
Sorry to say that the dyno run & shopping for some thermal socks meant that the shop was closed by the time I was done. :(

I strongly suggest getting the engine number & calling Kawasaki NZ to confirm what type of engine it is. If it's a ZX4R then you need to beat the price down, if it's a ZXR4, plus spare motor, plus tyre warmers, then it's a very good price.

Good luck.

Thanks Slim!