PDA

View Full Version : Biker injured by bear

Bob
29th July 2004, 00:45
A motorcyclist was injured when his bike collided with a black bear Monday on the West Virginia Turnpike. State police say the accident occurred while the bear crossed the road. Officials said the bear was hit by a second vehicle then crawled to the side of the road and died.

jrandom
29th July 2004, 09:29
Any old-time readers of uk.rec.motorcycles will find this hilarious.

White trash
29th July 2004, 09:31
I've been injured by *beer* a few times.

Never while riding.

My bike.

Mongoose
29th July 2004, 10:12
The bike probabley had factory quiet zorsts fitted and the bear never heard it approaching. :devil2:

Jackrat
29th July 2004, 11:12
Got a mate living in Oregon that hit a bear on his bike.
At lest with possums you don't have to worry about them getting up an ripping ya' head off.Me mate spent the night in a tree :laugh:

greenhorn
29th July 2004, 12:20
The Bears over there carry side arms dont they? :shutup:

Mongoose
29th July 2004, 12:34
The Bears over there carry side arms dont they? :shutup:

One very large arm with a VERY large paw attatched on each side is all they need :thud:

Motu
29th July 2004, 12:56
My brother rides his dirt bike around trails in Vancouver - bears are his biggest worry,if he sees a bear turd he's outa there with eyes pointing everywhere.He's seen them on the trail,then it's U turn on a steep track on the side of a mountain,keeping quiet then bugger off.Apparently they are very,very fast!

Mongoose
29th July 2004, 13:00
My brother rides his dirt bike around trails in Vancouver - bears are his biggest worry,if he sees a bear turd he's outa there with eyes pointing everywhere.He's seen them on the trail,then it's U turn on a steep track on the side of a mountain,keeping quiet then bugger off.Apparently they are very,very fast!

Did you hear the interview with the dude in the States that survived a brown bear attack? Managed to plasy dead long enough that Mama Bear left him after briefly slapping him around. Said it sounded like a frieght train on top of him and he considered himself lucky she only slapped him, said that felt powerful enough. Not too bad, only took ten days to a fortnight to come right

Bob
30th July 2004, 07:03
Any old-time readers of uk.rec.motorcycles will find this hilarious.

When I was looking around for a bike forum to join when I started biking, so around 10 years ago now, a mate recommended uk.rec.motorcycles to me - and added "You need a robust sense of humour". So I had a look - and never went back.

I still remember it to this day. Someone new to biking (I guess) asked an innocent question. And got a load of abuse from a lot of the regulars, finishing with 'Bear' (or Bastard Bear to use his 'full name') calling him a "F**king tosspot w*nker who if he doesn't even know that should get off his f*cking bike and give it to someone who knows what they're doing" - or something very similar.

Robust humour? If thats funny, I'd rather be po-faced thanks!

Understand there was a bit of a turning against Bear and he is very much shunted to the side these days - but still not going in there to look! Dunno if anyone else uses UKRM who knows better?

At least when it kicks off in here, it is normally :baby: handled in a reasonable way -