PDA

View Full Version : How can you not see a red bike?

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 07:46
My poor baby........some moron reversed into it about 10 mins ago whilst parked at work.......silly thing was I was asked to move it just a few mins before.

Luckily, not much damage as far as I can see, broke rear tail, end of Clutch lever broke...thanks Suzuki for the racing style levers, rear indicator and slight graze on exhaust.
I didn't have bike on steering lock so front was straight so bike just seems to have fallen the way it was standing so even the Oggy knobs have not been scratched.......

Just onto Insurer's.

Bugger.

Flyingpony
12th January 2007, 07:49
Always horrible when something like this happens.
Hope you got the other person's insurance details.

Hope the person who asked you to move wasn't the same one who backed over it!

beyond
12th January 2007, 08:00
Bugger! Man that sort of thing really gets you into wind up mode.

If it's a work colleague, get them on the ground in an arm lock and don't let them go till they cough a grand.

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 08:00
Always horrible when something like this happens.
Hope you got the other person's insurance details.

Hope the person who asked you to move wasn't the same one who backed over it!

No but had only just moved it.

Yep he is insured.

Lucky with damage but all the same it has been touched........

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 08:01
Bugger! Man that sort of thing really gets you into wind up mode.

If it's a work colleague, get them on the ground in an arm lock and don't let them go till they cough a grand.

I am pretty laid back but did tell him that he was lucky he was still standing........not a violent person and doesn't do any good anyway.

Colapop
12th January 2007, 08:07
Get your 'counsellor' to deal with him - bet she could

LilSel
12th January 2007, 08:07
Stink... That sucks... Hope it gets sorted quick for ya

Indiana_Jones
12th January 2007, 08:13
*Indy runs to Grahameeboy to give him a big hug!*

-Indy

Finn
12th January 2007, 08:17
I am pretty laid back but did tell him that he was lucky he was still standing........not a violent person and doesn't do any good anyway.

It would take a very good slap to down a man.

Dangerous mate.

beyond
12th January 2007, 08:26

-Indy

:rofl:

Smacks of Over the Hedge

bobsmith
12th January 2007, 08:54

-Indy

*Grahameeboy picks up the gun and starts shooting in Indy's general direction?*

Well that's what I'd do anyway....

Indiana_Jones
12th January 2007, 08:57
*Grahameeboy picks up the gun and starts shooting in Indy's general direction?*

Well that's what I'd do anyway....

no, you'd pull down your pants and start running towards me.

then the slow mo kicks in with the music :sunny:

-Indy

Indiana_Jones
12th January 2007, 08:57
:rofl:

Smacks of Over the Hedge

I am yet to see that

-Indy

terbang
12th January 2007, 09:17
Colour blindness..?

James Deuce
12th January 2007, 09:33
Mate, I feel for you. This sort of damage is a pain to get sorted and always seems to take longer than it should, and cost more than it should.

Hope it all works out.

redr1
12th January 2007, 09:36
My poor baby........some moron reversed into it about 10 mins ago whilst parked at work.......silly thing was I was asked to move it just a few mins before.

Luckily, not much damage as far as I can see, broke rear tail, end of Clutch lever broke...thanks Suzuki for the racing style levers, rear indicator and slight graze on exhaust.
I didn't have bike on steering lock so front was straight so bike just seems to have fallen the way it was standing so even the Oggy knobs have not been scratched.......

Just onto Insurer's.

Bugger.

I know how you feel, similar story with me. Red bike, Red/White leathers and car still rear ends me. Similar damage as with yours. Good luck with the repairs.

MyGSXF
12th January 2007, 09:44
Bugger mate... :shit: not a good way to start the day... :no: hope it can all be sorted for ya quick!! :Punk:

Jen :rockon:

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 10:01
Colemans doing quote and lent me a 1200 bandit for day...nice bike. They are gonna put new indicator bulb in and tape up and lever just broke at break off point so okay to use so if a nice day Beyond you and me gonna party on the road...

Insurance company have details and waived the excess.

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 10:04
It would take a very good slap to down a man.

Well I used to do Aikido, was set upon by some guy........I was just minding my own business playing in a pub and he ended up in hospital.....broken arm, nose and a few ribs.............he was a big guy and I had no choice and no where to run..........gave up Aikido after that..........
Dangerous mate.

That's half the fun Finn old boy

Finn
12th January 2007, 10:35

Aikido is just a slightly more aggressive form of Origami. Pinching his arse is not minding your own business.

By the way, sorry to hear about your bike you hetrosexual basher.

V4ME
12th January 2007, 10:45
I say ban all cars from the workplace - park and ride or.... get a motorsickle.
Mind you a good deep scratch right along the side of the car is not deemed as violence ...is it? Nahh only kidding - do unto others etc...
Hope your bike gets sorted quick.

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 10:47
I say ban all cars from the workplace - park and ride or.... get a motorsickle.
Mind you a good deep scratch right along the side of the car is not deemed as violence ...is it? Nahh only kidding - do unto others etc...
Hope your bike gets sorted quick.

Slight deviation as I do but saw a pedal cyclist with 'One less car' on their back.

Am tempted to wear a t-shirt over my leathers saying 'one less cyclist'............sorry just my sense of humour.....

Beemer
12th January 2007, 10:51
They can "not see a red bike" the same way they can "not see a train"!

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 10:54
Aikido is just a slightly more aggressive form of Origami. Pinching his arse is not minding your own business.

By the way, sorry to hear about your bike you hetrosexual basher.

Cool response Mr Finn....................I love you..

Mind as you may know Aikido is a very powerful martial art when you consider it does not require strength.............

V4ME
12th January 2007, 10:58
Slight deviation as I do but saw a pedal cyclist with 'One less car' on their back.

Am tempted to wear a t-shirt over my leathers saying 'one less cyclist'............sorry just my sense of humour.....

Now that would be a sight - you could start a new craze - It would be specially good for bikers with old leathers that are fallin apart etc.

but I do agree - now we are really talkin - I mean what is worse? bad motorists or bad cyclists ...mmm toss a coin.

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 11:02
Now that would be a sight - you could start a new craze - It would be specially good for bikers with old leathers that are fallin apart etc.

but I do agree - now we are really talkin - I mean what is worse? bad motorists or bad cyclists ...mmm toss a coin.

Yep there are some places that do personalised t-shirts....watch this space

buellbabe
12th January 2007, 11:02
Bummer buck... at least he didn't do a runner or were you actually right there when it happened?
A mate of mine was sitting at a cafe and watched in disbelief as this guy in a car backed into her Harley and then KEPT ON reversing over it. By the time he realised something didn't feel quite right his car was surrounded by a group of angry bikers!

Grahameeboy
12th January 2007, 11:04
Bummer buck... at least he didn't do a runner or were you actually right there when it happened?
A mate of mine was sitting at a cafe and watched in disbelief as this guy in a car backed into her Harley and then KEPT ON reversing over it. By the time he realised something didn't feel quite right his car was surrounded by a group of angry bikers!

Nah he works here.....

I am surprised the parked Harley did not push back.........but how can you not feel a Harley...........said the Bishop to the Actress.........

My baby was just pushed off side stand so damage not so bad.

V4ME
12th January 2007, 11:08

Geez - please tell me it was not a mini - I mean Harleys are not exactly narrow now are they?

Disco Dan
12th January 2007, 11:11
Nah he works here.....

My baby was just pushed off side stand so damage not so bad.

That sucks dude, hope it gets sorted.

...I would have wanted to back hand him into next week!!

buellbabe
12th January 2007, 11:20
Thats lucky for you then... but still an unecessary hassle eh?

The Harley? Yeah i hear ya! The bystander witnesses couldn't belive what they were seeing, what a dumb f**k! And the damage was pretty minimal but thats not the point! The stoopid driver was VERY generous with monetry compensation, she even got a new paintjob out of it...

Phurrball
12th January 2007, 11:33
Good luck with the repairs...

At least the eedyit had the decency to stick around and provide details - unlike the person that nudged Mrs P's FXR onto its side early last year at University - no note, no nothing.May karma get them good. (and may karma get your assailant too - being reversed into by a hummer sounds about right.) :angry:

Glad to hear that Coleman's have ensured you're not bikeless too:scooter:

jafar
12th January 2007, 15:12
Hey graeme sorry to hear about your bike, when do you get it back ? or are you going to keep the bandaid for a while ?:dodge:

BarBender
12th January 2007, 15:35
Sorry to hear about the bike. Good thing you knew who did it.
Would hate to come out and see my bike on the floor and with no one to be seen...

Lou Girardin
13th January 2007, 16:19
Cager was probably an atheist.