PDA

View Full Version : 250cc 4 stroke riders can now race!!

Motoracer
29th July 2004, 12:14
I just remembered that during prize giving at Vic club on the 24th of July 2004. An announcement was made that 250cc 4 stroke bikes will be allowed in with the 150cc street stock bikes.

I can't remember the full details but if there is any interest here, I will find out more.

Cheers, MR.

Deano
29th July 2004, 12:46
I just remembered that during prize giving at Vic club on the 24th of July 2004. An announcement was made that 250cc 4 stroke bikes will be allowed in with the 150cc street stock bikes.

I can't remember the full details but if there is any interest here, I will find out more.

Cheers, MR.

Seems a bit unfair doesn't it ?

I know that some 250 fours can do in excess of 190km/h - I might be wrong but isn't an RG150's top speed about 170km/h ?

What are the comparitive acceleration/handling stats ?

k14
29th July 2004, 13:12
Wicked, might look at getting some race glass for my bike then.

Yeah, my bike is limited to 180kph but I doubt there are many places where that will make much difference. The major advantage would go to the RG's 50 odd kg's saving in weight, can corner alot faster than my overweight pig.

Racey Rider
29th July 2004, 13:58

I know that some 250 fours can do in excess of 190km/h - I might be wrong but isn't an RG150's top speed about 170km/h ?

Rg150's will do 180kmh

Sounds good to me. Might encorage more newcomers to raceing if the've got a 250cc road bike already.
And the more riders in the class, the more likley you are to find someone just at your level to race against

Motoracer
29th July 2004, 14:03

What are the comparitive acceleration/handling stats ?

According to them it is fair after doing an experiment. They got a good racer to do some laps on a ZXR 250 or something similar and then a few laps on the RG150. It was pretty evenly matched at the end.

I guess the RGs can make up for the speed they don't have in the straights in the corners.

It's great I reckon. Before, it seemed like a waste to have all these race rep 250s there and not see them in use at their full potential (apart from seeing Andy1 ride his 250 of course!).

Deano
29th July 2004, 14:05
According to them it is fair after doing an experiment. They got a good racer to do some laps on a ZXR 250 or something similar and then a few laps on the RG150. It was pretty evenly matched at the end.

Sweet. Would be another option for budget racing.

sAsLEX
29th July 2004, 15:12
now where to get some fibreglass fairings. MR do you have sione sp?? on the fireblades num/contact details he mentioned once about knowing a guy with the mould for my bike!

Motoracer
29th July 2004, 15:18
now where to get some fibreglass fairings. MR do you have sione sp?? on the fireblades num/contact details he mentioned once about knowing a guy with the mould for my bike!

I PM'd ya. Great to see all the interest guys! I'll gather some more info to put in here.

Two Smoker
30th July 2004, 16:25
Well at taupo and manfield it should be fair.... but at puke it is a different story, there was a guy who was bloody fast on a CBR250RR, he was doing 1:18's and my best is 1:20's although after tonight when i do some rearset mods, i should get 1:18's hehehe..... 250 fours have a slight amount more acceleration and top speed, but the RG does have more corner speed (until the pegs scrap :crazy: )

k14
30th July 2004, 17:04
Do the RG's have more corner clearance than the CBR's? I would have thought they would have.

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 17:16
Do the RG's have more corner clearance than the CBR's? I would have thought they would have.

Na they don't, CBR's actually have a lot more corner clearance.

sAsLEX
30th July 2004, 18:33
but if you hang off like a monkey ground clearance can be percieved to be larger :msn-wink:

Two Smoker
30th July 2004, 19:03
well, i cant do the mods without making a whole new rearset :( so it looks like angle grinder + peg = ground clearance.....

R6_kid
30th July 2004, 21:01
YAY!!!!!!

I talked about the likeliness of that happening at the KB BBQ with KK and he agreed that there wasnt anywhere to race my ZXR250 competitively.

YOU HAVE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS, I NOW HAVE REASON TO FINISH THE BIKE!!!!

speedpro
30th July 2004, 22:54
The RGs don't seem to have enough ground clearance. A good trick when racing them at Puke on my bucket was to follow them into a sweeper, wait till they scraped and ride round the outside of them. The bucket seemed to have a weight advantage under brakes as well. Brilliant fun, the RGs were fast enough in the straights that you had to try real hard everywhere else to keep with them. The new bucket though . . . . :buggerd: RG :buggerd:

speedpro
30th July 2004, 22:59
I'm getting goose-bumps just thinking about the sound a horde of 250/4s would make with race pipes :yeah: