PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin biker ladies!

Pages : [1] 2

Midnight Special
12th January 2007, 11:45
Theres alot of ladies bikers in Dunedin young and old lets get together on here and get to know everyone and maybe organise some rides social get togethers ect for starters im Sue 40 ish ! riden bikes since i was 15 from SL125 XL250 TS125 XT500 CB500FOUR Katana 650 and my XV750 . so if we can start a list and just see how many of us there are ! :innocent:

botb
12th January 2007, 21:54
Well gudday there i guess i'm 1st on your list lol.....

Silverfern
12th January 2007, 22:01
Thanks for the invite Sue, count me in too! Shor rides to Taieri Mouth, Port Chalmers, Portobello, Outram, longer rides to Moeraki, Macraes, Milton (just kidding!), lets get going while we still have daylight saving and before my rego runs out inMarch and i have to decide whether to renew it or not for winter!!!

Ruralman
12th January 2007, 22:09
Why don't you just get on with it tomorrow and ride to Lawrence to the Arts Festival - its usually really good (its on Sat and Sunday - the Sunday has an Irish band playing in the afternoon at Marama Lodge as you go into Lawrence - but the weather looks better for tomorrow)
If you're up there tomorrow we might even cross paths - look for a blue Transalp - assuming you will actually still talk to male KBers!!

Midnight Special
12th January 2007, 22:33
Well thats a couple of us so far ! No problems with male bikers just nice to get some girls together on bikes.
got to go to Oamaru tomorow ,back at work monday that sucks ! summer is still coming ( i hope ). and yea rego i should do that !

botb
13th January 2007, 08:55
I'm keen for rides but need a bit of time to organise sitter for kids.... on my own so it's a bit of a mission sometimes to get shot of the 3 little dears lol... any of you girls heading up to the vincent at all as i am definately going would be good to meet some fellow dunners gals there....and it's such a beautiful day today but alas children come first :innocent:

Ruralman
13th January 2007, 14:41
I'm keen for rides but need a bit of time to organise sitter for kids.... on my own so it's a bit of a mission sometimes to get shot of the 3 little dears lol... any of you girls heading up to the vincent at all as i am definately going would be good to meet some fellow dunners gals there....and it's such a beautiful day today but alas children come first :innocent:

At the risk of being told to bugger off to the boys room - you might also be interested in the BRONZ Otago TT run next weekend to Galloway (site of the Vincent Rally and BRONZ Otago organises this rally as well). Its only a one nighter (Sat the 20th) which might be easier for baby sitters, cost is minimal (about $8) and they also say its a reasonably child friendly one (why you would want to take children unless there was no other choice is beyond me but...).
From the reports in their newsletter it looks like they should get 50+ riders so its a good sized group and they will be relatively local which could be good for you to get to know others near you, compared to the Vincent which has huge numbers from all over the place. It also looks from the newsletter like they know how to have a good time! They also have some sort of catering trailer which goes to these events with them.
I probably sound a bit vague - I'm going to this TT run but it will be the first one I've done. I'd love to go to the Vincent but I doubt its going to work out.
From what I hear they would also be a good group to ride up with as they're predominantly not into hyperspeed sports riding.
Cheers

botb
13th January 2007, 17:31
Thanks for the suggestion but i have only budgeted for vincent so will stick with that will be riding up with others well they will be 1/2 hour ahead of me lol as i'm not a speedster .... and taking kids hell no lol the bike is "My Time" sorry kids still love ya's....:love:

Ruralman
13th January 2007, 20:09
It does beg the question whether it would be worth trying a get together of all KBrs in the greater Dunedin area. WE had a fantastic weekend in Dec with KB'rs from around the South Island we met up at a shearers quarters near Otematata.
Would you guys be interested in something closer - the Chatto Creek club do an annual ride to a site on the Otago Peninsula. If we chose somewhere like that then those who can stay can, and those that can just come for part of the day can just do that.
Would it be good to have some event so people can put faces and names together??? If you guys reckon it would then we can start a new thread and start trying to pick a date and possible venues.
Cheers

Silverfern
13th January 2007, 20:24
Great to hear from you rural man, yes i would love to meet up with other bikers, both male and female. I think Midnight Special and I were looking first at getting our confidence back first before becoming more publicly known to other bikers!! Maybe its a woman thing :) I go to give other riders a bit of a wave on the open road and find I'm so busy concentrating on the road and what I'm doing I've been remiss in returning a friendly hello. . . . that will change with confidence I'm sure, one good thing is bikers still do it now as they did 25 years ago (except for Harley riders, they never wave :).
Wold love to know of future dates for a Chatto Creek get together on the peninsula, if I can, both my other half and I will be there. (May even throw my 14 yr old daughter on the back once I get a helmet for her.)
Rain and fog outside, going to have another sambuca and forget an evening ride. . . .

NighthawkNZ
14th January 2007, 13:39
Im in... we need just a regular general Kber Meet/Ride in Dunedin...

Ruralman
15th January 2007, 20:46
Im in... we need just a regular general Kber Meet/Ride in Dunedin...

I'm a bit wary of having anything too organized like a club or anything - don't think thats what you are getting at??? The real strength of KB is being able to pull things together at short notice or months in advance without any particular organized structure - just people doing it if they feel like it and when they can.
Personally I'd like to know a few others who can take some time during the week for a ride on a nice day - a lot have job and other commitments that make this difficult.- any starters??
I do think we need one significant local get together so that people have a chance to meet and then the other stuff will flow more easily off that - (including all the shit throwing on here 9which can then become more finely targeted!!). If people want to do this big get together annually then fine but that can happen later.
The Chatto creek club goes over to a place at Hoopers Inlet - I'll talk to Jantar about the venue.

FREE2B
15th January 2007, 20:59
Count me in. Be great to meet some other biker ladies (and guys)from Dunedin. Im just getting back into it too. Hope to go to the Vincent havent been before but it sounds like a good un.:scooter: Could do a ride week day too with a bit of notice.

NighthawkNZ
15th January 2007, 21:06
I'm a bit wary of having anything too organized like a club or anything - don't think thats what you are getting at??? The real strength of KB is being able to pull things together at short notice or months in advance without any particular organized structure - just people doing it if they feel like it and when they can.
Personally I'd like to know a few others who can take some time during the week for a ride on a nice day - a lot have job and other commitments that make this difficult.- any starters??
I do think we need one significant local get together so that people have a chance to meet and then the other stuff will flow more easily off that - (including all the shit throwing on here 9which can then become more finely targeted!!). If people want to do this big get together annually then fine but that can happen later.
The Chatto creek club goes over to a place at Hoopers Inlet - I'll talk to Jantar about the venue.

No not as in a club, there are enough of them about, and I am a memeber of the OMCC and BRONZ already and in a sense the KBer Club... but a organised regular ride that newbies, experienced and young and the old riders can go on. Not worrying what you ride (as long as it can keep up with the open road traffic) Nothing fast or racey... go on the track for that...

There would be realistcly only be a couple of rules;

Abide by the laws and road rules...
Act like an idiot on the road and you won't be welcome on any more rides.

There should be a leader on the ride that knows the choosen route and a TEC (Tail End Charlie) bringing up the rear, every one knows where we are going and we have fun on the ride.

I finish work at 3pm and usually by 3:30 ona nice day I am out cruising but would be nice to have company of some other riders. And with the full summer season coming up and (hopefully) the warmer weather even if its in the early evening while day light saving is on.

I just like riding even at a cruisy pace...

NighthawkNZ
15th January 2007, 21:09
Hope to go to the Vincent havent been before but it sounds like a good un.:scooter: Could do a ride week day too with a bit of notice.

I'm 99% sure I be going to this one too, soo can ride up with you... and pretty sure Scumdog will be wanting to go so probably meet up with him along the way, and possibly a couple of others.

NighthawkNZ
15th January 2007, 21:22
Great to hear from you rural man, yes i would love to meet up with other bikers, both male and female. I think Midnight Special and I were looking first at getting our confidence back first before becoming more publicly known to other bikers!! Maybe its a woman thing :) I go to give other riders a bit of a wave on the open road and find I'm so busy concentrating on the road and what I'm doing I've been remiss in returning a friendly hello. . . . that will change with confidence I'm sure, one good thing is bikers still do it now as they did 25 years ago (except for Harley riders, they never wave :).
Wold love to know of future dates for a Chatto Creek get together on the peninsula, if I can, both my other half and I will be there. (May even throw my 14 yr old daughter on the back once I get a helmet for her.)
Rain and fog outside, going to have another sambuca and forget an evening ride. . . .

The great thing about group rides is that there is someone there to help you get that confidence and if you have questions you can ask, the experienced riders can give tips tricks and help the so call newbies and like you those getting back into riding looking for their mojo.

Also group rides can help newbies (if controled) as newbie follow an experienced rider will be better a learning to pick riding lines adjust the speed for corners and if another experienced rider follow can pick up things the to help the newbie

The idea of the greater Dunedin region get together would be great as well more the merrier, its just great seeing all the bikers getting together and supporting each other.

Hmmm I visit the Chatto Creek pub regular when go to Alexandra... especially if I come up and over the pig route or up through middle march... and was considering joing the club...

Midnight Special
17th January 2007, 10:50
Hi , Im on hold at the moment , I stupidly put my bikes rego on hold for three months so i either have to wait till feb or pay from Nov so have to wait till i can afford rego , Silverfern i will give you a call from work as it may be a little late to call you when i finish at 9 . what a beut day yesterday cleaned my bike and went to the dairy on it ( how exciting ) LOL .

NighthawkNZ
17th January 2007, 11:48
Hi , Im on hold at the moment , I stupidly put my bikes rego on hold for three months so i either have to wait till feb or pay from Nov so have to wait till i can afford rego , Silverfern i will give you a call from work as it may be a little late to call you when i finish at 9 . what a beut day yesterday cleaned my bike and went to the dairy on it ( how exciting ) LOL .

:( I can take a pillion... ;)

pervert
17th January 2007, 12:16
:( I can take a pillion... ;)

http://shop.btcv.org.uk/upload/images/standard/335_3_d12%20border%20spade.jpg

botb
17th January 2007, 17:41
:shifty: MMMM lmao @ PERVERT gee this dude has the answer to everything eh ....... :laugh:

pervert
17th January 2007, 19:13
:shifty: MMMM lmao @ PERVERT gee this dude has the answer to everything eh ....... :laugh:

I try my best my dear...:msn-wink:

FREE2B
20th January 2007, 15:34
I'm 99% sure I be going to this one too, soo can ride up with you... and pretty sure Scumdog will be wanting to go so probably meet up with him along the way, and possibly a couple of others.

No Problemo ... sounds good:yes:

Midnight Special
31st January 2007, 23:54
Ruralman any more on a local get together ?

Ruralman
1st February 2007, 20:45
As` I said I'm pretty well committed until after the passes ride (11th to 16th Feb). I hope to go to the March Hare which I think is the weekend of 3rd March. It would be great to have some sort of get together before then - does it need to be at the weekend, during the day, after work, during the week,?????
If I said how about 11am on Friday 23rd March, meeting at some point in Dunedin, ride somewhere where we can have a bite of lunch and all talk to each other - how does that sound. Obvious alternatives to move it a bit earlier or later and just have a coffee stop.
Lets agree on the day and the best time and then we can decide on what we do and where we meet.
Lets see what we come up with - we can swap some ideas about a potential overnighter get together that would pull in as big a group of KB'rs as we can from around the area - got a couple of ideas of potential venues fairly close to Dunedin.
Bruce

NighthawkNZ
1st February 2007, 20:56
Ok... I can meet most days... expect some Monday evenings (once a month) when I have the Otago MC Club meeting... but during the week it will have to be after work (which I finish at 3pm so that's pretty cool) week ends are usually not a problem... if I can get my arse outta bed if its a morning ride... or unless I have hauled my arse to a rally then I be not here.. ;)

:rockon:

Midnight Special
1st February 2007, 21:41
sounds cool getting close to a plan may be a time of day problem for some of us i think there is one that works and one with young children but if we all say what suits im sure we can sort out something that fits in with us all , not that that is many so far LOL

Ruralman
2nd February 2007, 20:27
An after work time slot would probably be best for quite a few - but then working hours these days are all over the place as well. Could the ones with kids please give us some idea of what time and day options could work - it might end up having to be two separate rides with a bit of cross over with a few/couple being able to do both and coordinate the ideas.
Anyway keep posting your thoughts here so we can pull something together:yes:

Midnight Special
5th February 2007, 09:53
So who went to the Vincent ? and how was it i think the weather was not to bad ?

NighthawkNZ
5th February 2007, 10:32
So who went to the Vincent ? and how was it i think the weather was not to bad ?

There were a few KBers... Not a bad turn out.
Scumdog and CB, Mr Sensible and wife, SDU and Lemans, Xknuts and Pene, Free2B, Phaedrus, Woodybee, Jantar, Old Rider and I. There were a few others that I am not sure of there online handle. As well as recruiting a few newbie KBers... which we hope to see online soon.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42822&page=6

I will be doing my full write up on my site as per normal sometime today.
http://quantumillusions.com/biker/

Ruralman
5th February 2007, 20:12
OK guys (thats a non gender expression OK!) I have started a thread for Dunedin rides. Please have a look and respond to the questions.
Heres the link.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=43466

Midnight Special
6th February 2007, 00:45
Im glad you corrected that Ruralman! and speaking of guys iv looked at your link and seems to be all guys as in men that have replied so far and i dont know anyone and as im a little shy id like to connect with some of our ladies to go with to , and were are the ladies ? we have to organise a coffee date .Im at work between 5 and 9 pm and have a wee one to pickup from kindy at 12.30 so after 9 before 12 or weekends suit me .

botb
6th February 2007, 19:52
Sounds good to me Sue i have Mon,Tue mornings free as wee-one is at playcentre so 9 till 11-45 is my time frame those days and weekends are good for me too but need some notice to organise sitter....

oldrider
6th February 2007, 22:08
There were a few KBers... Not a bad turn out.
Scumdog and CB, Mr Sensible and wife, SDU and Lemans, Xknuts and Pene, Free2B, Phaedrus, Woodybee, Jantar, Old Rider and I. There were a few others that I am not sure of there online handle. As well as recruiting a few newbie KBers... which we hope to see online soon.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42822&page=6

I will be doing my full write up on my site as per normal sometime today.
http://quantumillusions.com/biker/

OK guys (thats a non gender expression OK!) I have started a thread for Dunedin rides. Please have a look and respond to the questions.
Heres the link.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=43466

Hey, what are you guy's doing lurking over here on the "Dunedin biker ladies" threads? is there something you haven't told me or are you secret trans-gender cross-dressers?

Of course I only came over to see what you are doing here and check if the ladies needed any protection from you!

My generation was brought up to strictly obey sexual segregation rules and I simply can't adjust to today's flaunting of the rules. (we shouldn't be here) :shit:

I didn't get where I am today by lurking in the ladies forums! :innocent: Moving right along, John. (excuse me ladies :o )

NighthawkNZ
6th February 2007, 22:11
Hey, what are you guy's doing lurking over here on the "Dunedin biker ladies" threads?

Nah mate.,.. mainly cause that this is where the ladies are... errr... :innocent:

Midnight Special
6th February 2007, 22:22
thats a very cool looking bike oldrider !

Ruralman
7th February 2007, 21:30
My generation was brought up to strictly obey sexual segregation rules and I simply can't adjust to today's flaunting of the rules. (we shouldn't be here) :shit:

I didn't get where I am today by lurking in the ladies forums! :innocent: Moving right along, John. (excuse me ladies :o )[/QUOTE]

John you have been a bender of the bloody rules, a mocker of rules, a slayer of ridiculous rules your whole bloody life - so don't come at us with that line:nono: If you want to visit this section to make you feel at ease while wearing something "different" thats quite OK to us, you don't have to make excuses to be here!!! As for the rest of us, well you know we're just Southern Gentlemen trying to be helpful:yes: :innocent:

Of course thats a cool looking bike - only a very select cool group of riders have worked out just how good they really are!!!!:rockon:

NighthawkNZ
7th February 2007, 21:56
John you have been a bender of the bloody rules, a mocker of rules, a slayer of ridiculous rules your whole bloody life - so don't come at us with that line:nono: If you want to visit this section to make you feel at ease while wearing something "different" thats quite OK to us, you don't have to make excuses to be here!!! As for the rest of us, well you know we're just Southern Gentlemen trying to be helpful:yes: :innocent:

:gob: Theres rules... :scratch:

Midnight Special
7th February 2007, 22:07
Ahh yours is cool to... but his is black ! but maybe blue is faster ? :dodge:

Ruralman
8th February 2007, 08:33
Ahh yours is cool to... but his is black ! but maybe blue is faster ? :dodge:

If you want to see how good they go together read this report with photos.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35364

You might recognize some of the local landmarks.

oldrider
8th February 2007, 12:35

Thank you Midnight Special, I have passed the compliment on to the bike, it really likes you now, rattled it's chain and clicked it's tappets and purred like a pussycat.

I tried purring too but ended up having a coughing fit and Mrs O/R had to give me a pill, oh well!

We might see you on the road soon. :yes: Happy riding. :ride: Cheers John.

PS: It's nice over here with the ladies, I should have broke the rules earlier!

botb
8th February 2007, 15:24
PS: It's nice over here with the ladies, I should have broke the rules earlier!

Of course it is we are a nice friendly bunch of gals lol..... :scooter:

FREE2B
9th February 2007, 12:36

I agree they are cool bikes:scooter: but they need to make another version ... reachin the ground is useful...you have to stop sometime :yes:

NighthawkNZ
9th February 2007, 12:48
I agree they are cool bikes:scooter: but they need to make another version ... reachin the ground is useful...you have to stop sometime :yes:

I only stop cause I haaaaaave toooo... :(

FREE2B
9th February 2007, 12:52
I only stop cause I haaaaaave toooo... :(

I might have too...might run outta gas :lol:

NighthawkNZ
9th February 2007, 12:55
I might have too...might run outta gas :lol:

well yes... :lol: that does happen... from time to time... not to me though... (touch wood) Not naming any names... ;)

Ruralman
9th February 2007, 13:51

There are some other versions of the same thing which are a bit lower - theres an Aprilia 500 cc one in at MCR on Crawford st at the moment (2nd hand) and the Kawasaki KLE500 is also quite a bit lower (and RedKLR650 has a post under the Adventure bike section for a mate of his with a low milage one of these for sale). I have a mate with a KLE400 and he's barely 5ft5in and he manages it easily.
The other bike is the BMW F650's (not the Dakar version which is higher) - if you look at Gareth Morgan's wife (Jan??) on the Silkriders trip, she's only a small lady but handled that bike no probs., and theres another write up in the Adventure bike section form a lady from Wellington who did a tour of the South this Dec-Jan on an F650, including a lot of out of the way places.

Boy if money was no problem how many bikes would we have in our garages???

Just think of all the new places to ride one of these could open up aye!!!

FREE2B
10th February 2007, 12:10
For sure I could easily stash another half dozen bikes in the garage...one for everything. My first 2 bikes and the one before this were trail bikes and have to admit it was a whole lotta fun. Will check out those reports :yes:

Ruralman
10th February 2007, 23:40
For sure I could easily stash another half dozen bikes in the garage...one for everything. My first 2 bikes and the one before this were trail bikes and have to admit it was a whole lotta fun. Will check out those reports :yes:

Actually the one at MCR was a cagiva not an Aprilia sorry.

Midnight Special
11th February 2007, 22:47
botb how was the crusty demons ? would love to have gone .

botb
12th February 2007, 12:39
:Punk: It was fantastic i loved every minute of it and think i got into it more than the kids lol.... yep was good night excellent value for money will go again when they come back :yes: some lucky wee bloke won himself a :scooter: which was really nice to see ....... maybe next time Sue

Newbee
12th February 2007, 17:55

My first bike was a 125 yamaha road bike when I was 20 and I haven't had one since, have ridden with guys and am keen to get into the whole scene.

NighthawkNZ
12th February 2007, 18:01
My first bike was a 125 yamaha road bike when I was 20 and I haven't had one since, have ridden with guys and am keen to get into the whole scene.

ummmm welcome... :)

hope you join us for some rides... great bunch of people

FREE2B
12th February 2007, 19:11

Hi Newbee welcome to the site. always good to see more girls around the bike scene. :scooter: My first bike was also a 125 - (Honda)

Newbee
13th February 2007, 08:04
I burnt myself on John Stumble bike when I saw him on Tuesday at the esplanade cost me $68 in medical treatment just going to get the dressing off today. He said I needed to get a bike and told me to try holding his up I had shorts on and well you can guess what happend nasty burn on my calf... even after that the cute ones never call..

botb
13th February 2007, 19:24
Yay another face :Punk:

Midnight Special
13th February 2007, 22:08
:scratch: Hi Newbee

Rashika
14th February 2007, 05:30

Welcome to KB Newbee! Better get ya bike hunting shoes on... ;)

Midnight Special
14th February 2007, 12:06
And hello Rashika , what do you think of your Buell ? iv heard a lot of good reports on them .

Rashika
14th February 2007, 14:47
And hello Rashika , what do you think of your Buell ? iv heard a lot of good reports on them .

absolutely fabulous, best bike in the world i reckon! :Punk:
...but you wouldn't want to be a shortish arse on it tho, they can be quite high to touch down on the ground with.
Having said that Buellbabe in Auckland gets around it quite well with having a pair of boots with a good height in heels, being the wee shortarse that she is :dodge:

Its nice to have the feel of a lovely vtwin, in a sports frame, with the heart of a Harley :love:
Can ya tell i like it?

Midnight Special
19th February 2007, 01:40
Silverfern how was the camping trip ? at least the weather made an improvement for camping ! is it this saterday your bike thingy at the stadium ? and what time ill try to make it out of bed !

Midnight Special
19th February 2007, 01:43
Botb how was the ride to Lawrence ? I was reading they left you behind ?

botb
25th February 2007, 16:52
Great to see you gals out doing it!!! awesome day for a girly ride sorry i didn't have the muffins and the coffee ready :innocent: next time gals:rockon:

FREE2B
25th February 2007, 18:44
Yes the Dunedin girls finally got together. :rockon: Silverfern Midnight special and I had a nice cruisey ride to Taieri Mouth then back to Botb's (relaxing in the sun having her toenails painted) :niceone: for a chat and check out the injury. :doctor: Hope to do it again soon and with everyone ridin!!:ride: How did your bronz/acc riding day go silverfern??? Hope you got lots out of it was a great day for riding :sunny:

Silverfern
25th February 2007, 20:40
Hey Ladies, Saturday ride was really good, in spite of my time-out south of Brighton due to cranky suzuki. We will get the muffins next time at Dani's! Hope the leg is healing well.:)
Todays course was absolutely bloody fantastic for me, I think I have my mojo back!!!
My confidence just kept getting better and better all day, I did emergency braking which I was really nervous about, and dodging stuff, and cornering, and staying upright while going really slow (with feet OFF the ground!) The trainers were just so encouraging and I'd highly recommend the course. It was stinking hot though and boy did I perspire spending time in the hot sun, wearing black, boots, helmets, gloves etc . while doing the riding bit, no cool breeze, just the usual perfect Dunedin weather (cough cough)! It could have been alcohol seeping out though as I was at a hen's party till a few hours before the course started.
I also learnt that tyre pressure is pretty important, when I got down there one of the guys said my tyres weren't looking right, they checked the pressure and couldn't get any reading from the back tyre and only 26 on the front. Hung my head in shame.
Now I have to get out there and practice practice practice!!!
Now, when will the next ride be? I have another lady from the course who is on L plates and wants to join us before she shifts to Wellington, where I'm sure she will be looked after by the Kiwi rider women up there while she gets better and better. And I have to get my carby's fixed next week.

NighthawkNZ
25th February 2007, 20:46
Great to see and hear you enjoyed yourself ladies... :Punk: :scooter:

Virago
25th February 2007, 21:02
Ha! Must have been on the same wavelength....

Mrs V and I rode down to Brighton today. Enjoyed a walk along the beach (bloody hot though), then carried on down to Taieri Mouth. Rode over the hill to Waihola (Mrs V's first ride on gravel), and had a nice lunch at The Black Swan. Then a good fang up SH1 to Dunedin (well as fast as the nose-to-tail traffic would allow.......).

What a great riding weekend!:scooter:

NighthawkNZ
25th February 2007, 21:10
I didn't ride anywhere this weekend I had other stuff to do... :cry:

Virago
25th February 2007, 21:15
I didn't ride anywhere this weekend I had other stuff to do... :cry:

So did I - in fact I'm supposed to be doing invoicing now......:oi-grr:

NighthawkNZ
25th February 2007, 21:17
So did I - in fact I'm supposed to be doing invoicing now......:oi-grr:

Oh got the March hare next weekend YEAH:Punk:

Midnight Special
25th February 2007, 22:17
It was great meeting everyone on saterday and great for my confidence back on the road but will definatly go on the rideing course after watching Julene today well worth it, sorry had to leave before talking to you had to get some jobs at home done, may have to get rings and bearings done after blowing alot of smake on saterday but getting a warrent tomorow and have done an oil change and will be priceing some parts but still rideable in the meantime what a beaut day wish id been on the bike today .

NighthawkNZ
25th February 2007, 22:46
... may have to get rings and bearings done after blowing alot of smake on saterday but getting a warrent tomorow and have done an oil change and will be priceing some parts but still rideable in the meantime what a beaut day wish id been on the bike today .

Since its been sitting for a bit... the smoke would be expected and it may come right with a bit of more use and riding (i had mine sit for over a year.. started first pop, and smoked for a bit then came right... loosing up the bits and pieces and lubericating the rubber etc...

Also don't over fill with oil the, and check the air cleaner box... (its a pity I sold my XJ special as I would have shown you a nice little trick with the air filter... you get some foam (used in air car filters) and cut it to fit... its washable and better than the standard paper one (used mine for 15 years and didn't have to buy another air filter ever... :-)

After each ride get yah spark plugs checked and see if they are oiley (sign the rings could be on the way out) if they are after a couple of decent length rides then maybe...

Midnight Special
25th February 2007, 23:07
there was a fair bit of metal when i did the oil change also its only one cylender smokeing but yea put some no smoke in it to so ill see what happens . has a new plug in it one i was useing was not hot enough . was just looking on e-bay lots of spare parts on there for my bike not bad prices even with coversions and postage.

HRT
26th February 2007, 11:15
Seems everyone went out for a ride to Brighton on Saturday. Went out that way to the turnoff to Waihola and came back for an icecream at Brighton. Perfect day for it... bar the wind.

Was half a dozen bikes at Shell on Kaikorai Valley Road at about 8:45 on Sunday morning. Not any of you peoples?

FREE2B
26th February 2007, 20:11
No not me Sunday. I had a day of chores and lawns would have been another great day for it tho :scooter: :yes: Next time we will all have to try and go together!!:Punk:

Midnight Special
10th March 2007, 20:10
Hey that was a fun day at the bike shops today, I have got a wee bike in mind ! and that Ducati did sound nice Dani ! what took your fancy Julene ?

Silverfern
11th March 2007, 21:20
Both Glenys and I also had a great time "trying on" the various bikes around! That Buell really blew us away, what a great way to get rid of arms flaps, get them jiggled off by a single cylinder thumper!!! G and I were quite keen on the Ducati Monsters they were unbelievably light and low to the ground for a 900. . .. We called around to see you this arvo to see if you wanted to come to Moeraki with us, you were out shopping (again) so we went and had a great ride up. G almost sold her bike there and then to a woman, like us, who wanted to get back into riding, plus we shared a table with a couple from Holland who both rode 750 Honda's over there. There were also lots of Harley's there, but their owners were struck dumb by our Japanese bikes and our gorgeous presence and wouldn't speak to us! We will do it again :)

botb
14th March 2007, 13:15
:Punk: pick me pick me i'm keen for rides again leg is great now ordered some new mirrors so i am set again :innocent:

NighthawkNZ
14th March 2007, 14:41
:Punk: pick me pick me i'm keen for rides again leg is great now ordered some new mirrors so i am set again :innocent:

weather permitting might go somewhere this weekend...:scooter:

FREE2B
16th March 2007, 19:51

Great :yes: Are you guna come on Sunday ???

Midnight Special
16th March 2007, 21:38
my purple harley arrived today at 4pm had to go to work at 4.15 that sucked and now the weather has gone yucky ! should have taken the day off !:shit:

FREE2B
17th March 2007, 08:01
Cool congrqatulations on the new arrival :yes: are you guna come for a ride tomorrow??:scooter:

HRT
18th March 2007, 08:52
And are we getting pics of the new toy? :yes:

Midnight Special
18th March 2007, 15:13
yes i might get one on here today

Ruralman
23rd March 2007, 16:06
yes i might get one on here today

tick tick tick, we're still waiting !!!!!

Have you had it out of the lounge??

botb
23rd March 2007, 16:38
Wow the Purple people eater looks great have ya had it out of the lounge yet girl? be nice to see and hear her on the road :scooter: long weekend this one too *hint,hint*

Midnight Special
23rd March 2007, 23:59
havnt got out yet !! sons 11th b.day party tomorow but yes would like to get out this weekend if possible ! Jolene poping over tomorow ill see if we can get something organised .

FREE2B
25th March 2007, 09:38
Hope to be seeing you on the road soon. :scooter: :yes: Another great day today. :sunny:

Midnight Special
25th March 2007, 10:30
ok i have put a better pic on my profile

Midnight Special
25th March 2007, 20:52
there is some very entertaining reading in the dunedin rides forum LOL .

NighthawkNZ
25th March 2007, 20:54
there is some very entertaining reading in the dunedin rides forum LOL .

its all good

Ruralman
26th March 2007, 16:39
ok i have put a better pic on my profile

Cool looking new toy and a great photo of it - so you'll be looking for lots of dirty gravel roads then?????:yes:

Hope you and the other Dn biker ladies are keeping an eye on the Dunedin rides thread for next weekend and the easter charity ride on next Sat.:sunny:

Silverfern
26th March 2007, 19:56
Bit of artistic licence taken by young Dale in his ride report, I did not karate chop his kidneys when he gave the bike a wee sidewards twist, I was just stretching my arm, plus I didn't intenitonally kick you all out, we had to go out that night and I hadn't done the obligatory 'plate' thank god supermarkets are open late! Was a good day though, thanks from this pillion prossie! I hope things weren't too bad for Malcolm and his wife re the MiL news.

FREE2B
26th March 2007, 22:17
Hope you got yourselves organised in time for your evening. Course you didnt throw us out ... thanx for the cuppa. Pity you cant come next Saturday :bye:

NighthawkNZ
26th March 2007, 22:39
Bit of artistic licence taken by young Dale in his ride report, I did not karate chop his kidneys when he gave the bike a wee sidewards twist, I was just stretching my arm, plus I didn't intenitonally kick you all out,

Yeah was artistic license... actually we kicked ourselves out, and you have artistic license as well I didnt give the bike a twist it did that one own its own I just corrected it... ;)

Midnight Special
30th March 2007, 19:36
ahh you lucky things my bike is back in the dining room with no handlebars , bars on it are to straight and my wrist is in an awkward twist to reach the clutch witch is really heavy and a tad to far away so after a ride about its just to painfull to ride it that way so orderd new bars but cables dont reach now ! so cables will be another 55 on top of bars at 115. and then thats not to say it will fix the clutch problem LOL its costing me allready bugger it . ride right course booked out till sept is the next one if anyone was interested.

FREE2B
30th March 2007, 19:46
They can be expensive litlle things but soooooo worth it in the end :yes: I got into the course this Sunday . Should be a bit off fun just hope its not too wet :sunny:

NighthawkNZ
30th March 2007, 19:48
They can be expensive litlle things but soooooo worth it in the end :yes: I got into the course this Sunday . Should be a bit off fun just hope its not too wet :sunny:

What she said... expensive... but oh soooo worth it in the fun factor...

Oh as for weather wise depended on what channel you watched... they were all different :scratch:

botb
6th April 2007, 08:48
HEY GIRLS SEEMS WE HAVE LOST OUR WAY HERE on the DUNEDIN BIKER LADIES THREAD and ok NH your mannerisms seem to suggest a limpwrist on occasion but can we have this one to ourselves to organise some CHICKY things as we have lost Midnight in the loop here and we need all the girls we can muster if we are to take over the world :scooter: don't worry NH if we need any tips on how to organise ourselves we will ask in due time K TA FANKS VERY MUCHLY!!!!

Right now back on track here Midnight i'm still doing a day trip to the Rails if your keen and weather is good any ideas??? Also Silverfern will you be keen or are you going overnight?? have another G/F of mine who is keen to ride up for the day too so may be a wee gathering of us GIRLS (No!!! NH the pretty blue on your bike does not count) .......... anyone with suggestions ideas on how where when and why (coz we can) lets get posting!!!

Midnight Special
8th April 2007, 19:18
Hiya im still here, Silverfern her partner Mark and my friend Eric and i all went for a ride to Milton to look at a bike for Eric good ride a bit windy but not so bad on the way back i would have rung you Botb but thought you were going to Ruralmans . still decideing about the off the rails will see how the weather is etc . oh and good ideas about the trees Ruralman ! iv only got the 22 and shotgun no centrefire or id be in for the pig!!:innocent:

Ruralman
8th April 2007, 21:55
Hiya im still here, Silverfern her partner Mark and my friend Eric and i all went for a ride to Milton to look at a bike for Eric good ride a bit windy but not so bad on the way back i would have rung you Botb but thought you were going to Ruralmans . still decideing about the off the rails will see how the weather is etc . oh and good ideas about the trees Ruralman ! iv only got the 22 and shotgun no centrefire or id be in for the pig!!:innocent:

Well if you got as far as Milton you only had another 17km to get to my place with the rest of the crew - are you guys starting some sort of elitist off shoot group that doesn't want to associate with us Huh HUh ?????

Silverfern
8th April 2007, 23:06
Elitist, us? "I don't think so Tim". I just wanted a lazy Sunday, nearly got blown off my bike on flood free but hung on. Got bike GPS'd, its 10 km out at 100 kmp, so if I'm doing 190 km I'm only doing 180! Im petrified of gravel. simple as that.

Midnight Special
9th April 2007, 00:14
Im with you on the gravel , my trail days were long ago ! oh and the guy on the harley did wave when he passed me !

NighthawkNZ
9th April 2007, 00:33
ok NH your mannerisms seem to suggest a limpwrist on occasion but can we have this one to ourselves to organise some CHICKY things...

...don't worry NH if we need any tips on how to organise ourselves we will ask in due time K...

(No!!! NH the pretty blue on your bike does not count) ..........

heck what did I say or do... ????? sheese

Midnight Special
9th April 2007, 17:57
Girls take time to get sorted ... new bikes... ajustments weather restrictions eg. rain , wind, cold ... conditions ... gravel ice etc and then theres getting the bike prepared eg polishing etc. what to wear... and then we can allways change our minds if we want !

botb
9th April 2007, 18:43
Girls take time to get sorted ... new bikes... ajustments weather restrictions eg. rain , wind, cold ... conditions ... gravel ice etc and then theres getting the bike prepared eg polishing etc. what to wear... and then we can allways change our minds if we want !

Lol exactly i couldn't have put it better myself ....

Silverfern
9th April 2007, 20:55
And some of us girls also have off-spring to find a home for, and some of us have dogs that need sorted, then planning a suitable route (with no gravel, hairy road works) takes some discussion (we are the co-operative gender remember), and now I have to shop for metallic blue nail polish to match my bike, and heated hand grips, gosh its hard work (but fun being a biker angel :)

Ruralman
9th April 2007, 21:42

Righto NH this looks like Mars and Venus stuff - time for us to leave - hope that new bike is going to suit you Silverfern (and I'm not Tim BTW) - with all these adjustment and variables MS has listed I'm quite pleased to be a martian - but then who cares??? we all love riding bikes - lets just have days when the destination is the same but the routes may be different.

Midnight Special
10th April 2007, 11:48
all righty then now thats sorted whats our plan ? so far the idea is a quiet small group ride leaving about 10 am and a relaxing wait somewere for the others to join up . any other ideas wellcome ? :scooter:

Silverfern
10th April 2007, 23:03
Ah RM, I know your real name is not Tim, obviously you have never watched the old Home Improvement programme and got to grips with Tim "the toolman" Taylor and his sidekick who would often quote the "I don't think so Tim" saying.
PS I like my eggs runny, how about you Free2B?

Silverfern
10th April 2007, 23:07
Now the guys have got the subtle hints from Botb (go girl) we can organise Saturday, I think 10am is too early (will my nail polish be dry?) How about 11, meeting in town somewhere, then picking up Botb on the way through, coffee at Outram, then to Middlemarch (toilet stop?) then to site for a goss and perv at the bikes? I'd like to be away by about 5 at latest as I haven't got those heated hand grips yet. Other ideas most welcome.

Midnight Special
10th April 2007, 23:26
hmm and were is Free2b ? has she crossed to the other side ? oh yes nails i was going to see if i could find a better match for my bike must do that tomorow !

NighthawkNZ
10th April 2007, 23:47
Now the guys have got the subtle hints

ha pfsss... you can't get rid of me that ferking easy... ;) I usually leave due to boredom though... :innocent: but anything about bikes... :D

botb
11th April 2007, 07:52
OK well i'm cool with 11 if that suits others better dunno what Glenys is doing wether she is riding up with Scummy and co or not (will check) ... um NH get out or you will regret your actions (trust me) you have to sleep sometime!!! Silverfern i need your number so i can ring you that would be a start:yes: yep starting point for you guys in town and i could meet you at G/Island then onto Outram for coffee and nail-polish check then cruisy ride through the Maungatua's maybe stop at Clarkes for another nail-polish check and lipstick re-apply then onto MiddleMarch pub to wait for the others... then onto site at our leisure... obligatory gork and drool at the bikes and (bums in leather) (maybe talk to mentioned bums) lol.... and yes want to be away about 5ish or earlier whatever suits it does start to get dark and cold about then so be nice to be on the road and away before it gets too nippy! K girls feedback any other ideas?

Midnight Special
11th April 2007, 11:39
ahh what a beautifull day in Dunedin this morning the sun is streaming in.:no:

Midnight Special
11th April 2007, 16:12
hey i just found out my 883 has had an uprade to a 1200 after looking into how much it would be to put a 1200 kit in it found its allready been done so maybe i should be able to keep up after all , have to turn the throttle a bit more maybe ?

Midnight Special
11th April 2007, 16:13
ummm upgrade that is ! not uprade

botb
11th April 2007, 18:29
Lol cool Midnight what a bonus eh ..... from 883 to 1200 overnight now thats confidence surprised the shop didn't pick that up or tell you though :rockon:

FREE2B
11th April 2007, 22:04
surprised the shop didn't pick that up or tell you though :rockon:[/quote]
Indeed that is strange. :gob:

Im still doing an overnighter at the rails. Think we should meet up at Outram regardless of gender and can regroup from there if needed. We could ride out there together. If you guys wanna meet up round G I then maybe my place is an option round 11 ish ??

Midnight Special
11th April 2007, 23:04
MCR didnt know much about it bar they were selling on behalf because the couple couldent afford the shipping to Aus and were suposed to get in touch with the owner before selling but had not ,Mciver veitch did all the services so iv managed to get a bit of history from them after finding out my friend Erics friend used to own it , small world !

botb
12th April 2007, 08:11
OK so who's up for meeting at G's then onto Outram from her place?? sounds like a good plan!! O god i have to negotiate her street and driveway again lol!!

Well thats ggod that Veitch's have info on it and small world lol Yep Dunedin is pretty insular lol...:scooter:

FREE2B
12th April 2007, 10:35
Ah its not that bad youve done it once now so itll be a piece of cake.:yes: (Whats the worst that could happen lol)
Will put the car on the grass so there is more room. :Punk:

Silverfern
13th April 2007, 21:44
We will wake up tomorrow and watch the weather, if its snowing we'll pass on the trip as we need to "save ourselves" for the Brass. Otherwise some quick phone calling by 10 am should sort us all out?

botb
14th April 2007, 07:27
OK weather doesn't look to bad seems to be clearing we are going to get a few showers i would say and it's not going to be warm but overall it looks good will ring G later on, Midnight is out she has had dentalwork done so looks like it's me and Silver day-riding.... :rockon:

FREE2B
14th April 2007, 09:22
We will wake up tomorrow and watch the weather, if its snowing we'll pass on the trip as we need to "save ourselves" for the Brass. Otherwise some quick phone calling by 10 am should sort us all out?

Hey the suns out and its not snowing ... so does that mean Ill c u here at 11 ??? :yes: :scooter:

Midnight Special
14th April 2007, 11:58
oh well couldent find the right purple nail polish ill have to pass ... nothing to do with the strong winds or cold or because its raining that way or the fact i have a sore mouth or my bike would get dirty...just not the right colour !

botb
14th April 2007, 18:06
Well girls report for the day ride goes like this met up at G's,NH,his partner and otherdude (can't remember his sign-in) were there waiting for me ....unusual as it's usually G thats runnin behind lol... we all left quick refill in G/Island for G and we rode to Mosgiel via SH1 first taste of real wind there and it was pretty blustery... i notice it more (solid back wheel) thru Mosgiel and onto Outram head/cross wind all the way made riding difficult but not too bad just had to let her go and hang on lol.... stopped at Outram pub and to wait for SD & co he pulled up about 2 minutes later so inside for a pint of coke and some swappsy stories on child-bashing and the like ..... i took a look up the hill at the mungies and thought um nope i ain't goin any further if wind was bad down here up there would be pretty bad had heard from Clarkes pub that it was blowing like a bastard!!! Another crowd of Dunedin larrakins arrived after a few how's ya fathers and guffawing from the fella's about who's riding what KB crowd decided to push off so left them all at Outram and rode to a mates place for a coffee and a yarn then home :scooter: Overall a good ride great for my confidence in the windypops not cold at all (just a bit michelin man like) found it not too bad and glad i decided to take on the elements as if you avoid something your not good at well your not going to get comfortable with it:Punk:
So we'll get organising our Beaumont experience now girls any idea's as we have a fortnight till that one.... :scooter:

FREE2B
15th April 2007, 14:02
Back home again after an awesome weekend!!! Dani made the trip to Outram good on Ya. The wind didnt get much worse than that on the way over to MIddlemarch. Group crusied over at about 80 k stopped at clarks junction and the middlemarch pub for refreshments. Off to the site and got a nice spot in a sheltered gully. Wind died off and we had a great night of drinking and talking the usual shit with a bit of ceroc thrown in for good luck. The ride home was just as cruisy, coffee and breakfast at the Wobbly Goat. Great Coffee stop. Thanx P for carting our stuff was good to have the cage along. Hope to see more girl power at the next rally!!!!! Get that nail polish sorted now. Beaumont in 2 weeks :rockon: :scooter: :Punk:

botb
15th April 2007, 14:22
Great your back G sounds like you had a good one *sigh* gotta wait till Beaumont lol.... was a bit worried bout you lot knew you were all more than capable tho, have heard through a friend that a couple of bikes binned and a few turned back another guy did a day-ride and said it was horrid and his ass is permanantly stuck to a bike has been for 30 odd years or more lol... well bet all you lot will be sleeping well tonight lookin forward to some pics of the seroc lol.... :rockon:

FREE2B
15th April 2007, 20:32
NH has the picys this time. Think you did the right thing just going to Outram I wouldnt have liked to ride back all that way by myself getting home again...much better in a group :yes: Beaumonts not far off and we might fit something else in yet for the day maybe :scooter:

Silverfern
15th April 2007, 22:12
You guys did so well, Sue and I had a discussion that morning and we flagged it, after being blown all over the flood free the weekend before neither of us were really into doing it again. I watched the weather this morning, more of the same, so the Kwaka stayed snoring under its tent for the day. I need a warrant and new tyre before the Beaumont, will at least do a day trip if weather calmer.

FREE2B
16th April 2007, 20:41
Its a nice little rally like the rails one and not too much chance of wind thru that way. Make the decision to come for the night...youll be glad you did. I need new tire too theres a couple of weeks to go HEAps of time to get sorted. :yes: :sunny:

Ruralman
16th April 2007, 21:31
At the risk of being spanked by Botb for posting in here.......mmmm, no Bruce stop that line of thought before you get slapped as well !!!!

Anyway I've stuck this post on the Dunedin Rides thread for a ride next Sunday

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1016105#post1016105

Looks like some of you are keen for a ride before the Beaumont Rally so heres an option.
OK I'll now haul my male arse outa here

NighthawkNZ
16th April 2007, 21:34
At the risk of being spanked by Botb for posting in here.......

Thought you would like that ;)

botb
16th April 2007, 22:41
:bash:
At the risk of being spanked by Botb for posting in here.......mmmm, no Bruce stop that line of thought before you get slapped as well !!!!

Anyway I've stuck this post on the Dunedin Rides thread for a ride next Sunday

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1016105#post1016105

Looks like some of you are keen for a ride before the Beaumont Rally so heres an option.
OK I'll now haul my male arse outa here

Caught ya :Pokey: Sunday doesn't suit me so can't do lunch in KP maybe some may be interested in a Saturday ride ??? NO i am not going to spank you *your sick* and you would enjoy it !!!

Ruralman
17th April 2007, 20:20
:bash:

Caught ya :Pokey: Sunday doesn't suit me so can't do lunch in KP maybe some may be interested in a Saturday ride ??? NO i am not going to spank you *your sick* and you would enjoy it !!!

:Oi: Who are you calling sick???? - heres me doing a quiet innocent retreat and the rear gunner opens up!!!!!!

botb
18th April 2007, 08:05
:Police: :chase: Get em Girls ...

Midnight Special
18th April 2007, 12:26
Dani i bought a drenell how ever its spelt LOL going through the polishing pads quick though ! but its looking good spent 66.00 on e-bay for some more crome bling ! not sure whats happening this weekend yet got some people coming to look at pups but if its nice will get out for a ride for sure . got you e-mail Julene very funny ! hey i think we will keep you on as the boy patrol officer botb !

botb
18th April 2007, 19:43
Dani i bought a drenell how ever its spelt LOL going through the polishing pads quick though ! but its looking good spent 66.00 on e-bay for some more crome bling ! not sure whats happening this weekend yet got some people coming to look at pups but if its nice will get out for a ride for sure . got you e-mail Julene very funny ! hey i think we will keep you on as the boy patrol officer botb !

You go girl yer great wee machine eh :weep: i don't have my own have used my friends one was great .... go the bling-bling lol yer ok well ride is still on weather looks good for this weekend so will ring you guys Friday nite and see how everyone feels ! bloody guys shheeessss can't keep their sticky beaks out can they scared they might be missin out you shoulda kept the dremmel under wraps tho now they know how we get our bikes soooooo shiny lol:Punk:

botb
22nd April 2007, 15:28
Well girls we finally got a ride in, shame you had to go Julene but o well shit happens!! next time!! had a great ride through to Palmerston with G leading the way confidently and NH acting as TEC .... neverending patience those 2 so big XXXOOO to them!!!! was gray and cold but no drizzle or rain! we were fortunate as down south was apparantly raining..... overall the 6 in the group all at different levels of experience had a good one no speedster stuff apart from one of the guys (will not mention names) pulling a stunt headin home will not bother commenting on 'stunt' was not very impressive anyway just plain dangerous!!! so yer looking forward to our next jaunt and would be nice to just get us ladies out as we do ride totally different to the guys (hell if you call my style riding lol....) So who's up for Beaumont?

Beaumont Plan for Moi-

Riding up Saturday----(not sure what time yet but possibly around 11ish) Lawrence in time for lunch----
Staying overnight----
Partying and talking shit----
Big breakfast----
3-4 Coffees----
Riding back Sunday (at a leisurely pace)----

So would be great if you girls could come along even for a dayride!! but more the merrier overnight it's an excellent rally site great band according to 'woodybee' and great ooportunity to get to know everyone and meet new peeps too!!!:Punk:

FREE2B
23rd April 2007, 20:57
Yay overnighter the weather is looking good :sunny: Saturday start but duno what time yet will keep in touch B. Come on S and M itll be great fun:woohoo:

botb
23rd April 2007, 21:21
Yer come-on M & S it will be a blast!!! not much happening between this one and the Brass so make it one to go too they need our support to keep this great wee rally going!!! and it's a nice close one to home as well so riding in weather IF it happens to rain is no biggy really only an hour and your back home in a nice hot shower and PJ's o and the obligatory nailpolish chip-check lol!!! :Punk:

Midnight Special
23rd April 2007, 22:30
Hey anyone know if you can change your name on here and how ?

botb
24th April 2007, 08:02
Nope have no idea.... so any thoughts on the rally?

Virago
24th April 2007, 08:45
Hey anyone know if you can change your name on here and how ?

Only one way. Send a nice grovelly PM to Spankme - he's quite accommodating for reasonable name change requests. Let him what name you want - but check the member list first to confirm if it's not already used.

Perhaps one day I'll tell you what my login name started off as.......:shutup:

Midnight Special
25th April 2007, 23:31
oh not that big a deal i can stick with MS and Midnight Special Hugger sounds a bit odd LOL
sounds like the others had a interesting ride glad i wasent there though not much for rain , cold and gravel ! a few years back on my XL 250 any day was a good rideing day LOL.

FREE2B
25th April 2007, 23:34
There wasnt any gravel just mud...howbout midnight hugger or special hugger ?? lol

Midnight Special
26th April 2007, 14:05
special hugger lmao sounds as good as the slutty40 i have a slutty black xv to !

FREE2B
26th April 2007, 20:54
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Mine is kinda mud coloured at the moment.

nuddsnz
27th April 2007, 12:27
Hey there, Im new to this but am def looking for girls to ride with, I dont need alot of notice wake up and a sunny day/or not blowing a howling gale is about it ill know within 10 minutes whether I can or cant basically. I dont like riding alone and my mates (boys) just wanna show off. Half day or full day rides Im happy to just get out an about. If anything haps let me know. Ciao

FREE2B
27th April 2007, 14:00
Hi there great to have you aboard I have an LS as well ... just got a new back tyre on it. have you seen the Dunedin rides thread as well we tend to use them both sometimes. Will be some people going beaumont way tomorrow some for the day and some staying if your keen? (hopeing weather is guna be better tomorrow)

Silverfern
27th April 2007, 20:57
I want to go to Beaumont tomorrow (daughter arranged herself her own babysitter). But it will only be a short day trip and if its all this drizzly weather we have been having I'll flag it. Haven't heard from Sue yet if she is going for the trip up and back with me. 11 am departure from Dunedin sounds good (would starve if I had to go to Clinton for lunch!) lunch in Lawrence? Orange juice (yeah right) at Beaumont pub then a nice cruisy ride home in the sunshine (yeah right) while you guys party the night away (I'll be at a 50th party!)

Silverfern
27th April 2007, 20:58
PS welcome Nudds, welcome and looking forward to meeting you!

Midnight Special
27th April 2007, 22:15
Hello great to have another girlie here !!

Midnight Special
27th April 2007, 22:22
its cold yucky and wet i think im going to spend the weekend warm and working on my bike to get it pretty for sunny days !!

Silverfern
29th April 2007, 12:29
Ha ha MS, we got you all the way there and back after all, and in the rain too! We had a bit of a slow start and by the time we got to Milton we all wanted hot coffee and heated hand grips, the weather improved, then deteriorated, then improved and so on. As all of us were Mums with dependants we didn't mind going only at the speed limit and we were all blown away by a Rossi impersonator just before hitting Manuka Gorge! We waited for a while for the KB lot at Beaumont but with daylight getting on we decided to head back. Everyone we met were friendly and chatty and MS and I got home at about 5.30pm. Looks like a beaut day for a ride today?? Go figure.

botb
29th April 2007, 16:47
Hey girls yep great ride up ... was nice to cruise gently shame you girls didn't stay was a good night had by all lots of giggles and i'm sure Mr S and NH will show pic evidence soon!!!! had a good larf taking the piss out of a few people namely a man ( not mentioning any names ) dressed in white amongst all us black clad peeps !! Nice cruise home gorge a bit wet and slippery but hey just slowed down to a crawl lol..... lots of stops on way home for refreshments too :scooter: glad to be home and lookin forward to a nice sleep :innocent:

Midnight Special
30th April 2007, 13:46
Great ride bet you had a nicer ride home then we did LOL took awhile to defrost when i got home ! did you go for a ride sunday Julene ? was beaut day for it but had to do some renovating home and clean the bike of course , my bits on e-bay arrived today and iv bought some new mirrors !!

Silverfern
1st May 2007, 22:34
Yeah Sunday was good for weather but stayed off the bike for the day and did boring house stuff and shopped with daughter (who keeps wanting my new helmet) and took dogs out for a while..
Whose up for a ride this weekend? More corners to tackle, more confidence to build up and more fun to have! Apparently the road between Port Chalmers and Waitati isn't sealed so making a loop that way isn't a good idea and I haven't heard how the Northern motorway is a week after the diesel spill. Any ideas?

FREE2B
1st May 2007, 22:42
You must have arrived in Beaumont while we were out for our ride. Glad to hear you had a good ride there and back. Sorry missed the doggy thing SF had to get the sheep doo doo of the ground sheet and stuff. The road through to Hyde is an awesome bike trip really nice sweeping corners and there is good coffee at both Middlemarch and Hyde. Would be a good one to do if the weathers nice. :sunny:

Delphinus
1st May 2007, 22:53
Whose up for a ride this weekend? More corners to tackle, more confidence to build up and more fun to have! Apparently the road between Port Chalmers and Waitati isn't sealed so making a loop that way isn't a good idea and I haven't heard how the Northern motorway is a week after the diesel spill. Any ideas?

Have been north and back a couple of times in the cage this week and was nothing slippery that I found... but then i did have 4 bits of rubber on the road... where was it exactly?

And Port > Waitati is infact sealed. See Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=Port+Chalmers,+Otago,+New+Zealand&daddr=waitati+to:Mt+Cargill,+Otago,+New+Zealand+to :Dunedin,+Otago,+New+Zealand&layer=&mrcr=2&sll=-45.829995,170.560341&sspn=0.096288,0.270538&ie=UTF8&z=13&ll=-45.790869,170.618019&spn=0.096355,0.270538&om=1) All the way down to Purakaunai even. Went over there a couple of weeks back. Lots of twistes good practise :)
I think its just the shortcut that isn't sealed but you just take the slightly longer route.

FREE2B
1st May 2007, 22:55
When are you getting your bike back D.

Delphinus
1st May 2007, 23:24
Not sure... they been busy they said so were hoping to do some more work on it today... Will ring em tomorrow try and get some more details out of them... getting withdrawl!!! Its hard!

scumdog
1st May 2007, 23:29
Not sure... they been busy they said so were hoping to do some more work on it today... Will ring em tomorrow try and get some more details out of them... getting withdrawl!!! Its hard!

Normally when I withdraw 'it' is soft, not hard.

BTW Why is your bike 'broke'??

Delphinus
1st May 2007, 23:36
Not broke as such... Just had it booked for a warrant and new tire on thurs and service and stuff today ish.
Failed warrant as fork seals were leaking even though they had been replaced 3000kms or so ago (according to previous owner) so they thought it was the pitted bits or something which they think they can sand?? down and cover with some gluey compound?? (dragging my memory back now).
As for the engine maintenance, I had only really booked that in for the 2nd so I cant complain TOOOO much. And they are going to straighten the minor dent in the rim (mentioned in other thread). And fit the err... grips of comfort ;)
Have cleared credit card balance in preparation... :S

scumdog
1st May 2007, 23:57
Not broke as such... Just had it booked for a warrant and new tire on thurs and service and stuff today ish.
Failed warrant as fork seals were leaking even though they had been replaced 3000kms or so ago (according to previous owner) so they thought it was the pitted bits or something which they think they can sand?? down and cover with some gluey compound?? (dragging my memory back now).
As for the engine maintenance, I had only really booked that in for the 2nd so I cant complain TOOOO much. And they are going to straighten the minor dent in the rim (mentioned in other thread). And fit the err... grips of comfort ;)
Have cleared credit card balance in preparation... :S

Fark, in the last 14 years I have NOT paid a soul to fix or adjust my scoot.

And it's not like they even need anything done, ever.

Maybe owning a HD has its merits???

Delphinus
1st May 2007, 23:58
Its all a learning curve.. First service since I've bought it so I'd rather someone experienced gave the machine a good going over, then I'll teach myself some tricks etc as time goes on :)

PS Looks like I'll have to call you up soon for a couple of tips :D

botb
2nd May 2007, 09:28
Well D hope your back on the road soon missed ya at the Beaumont we had a ball and the lack of 'boys' irked some *wink,wink* yes i have spent many hours now just taking things off my bike to see how they work etc the only way to learn i guess is tinkering yourself as by jesus it can get expensive :gob: ....... well girls count me out for this weekend i'm taking it easy a bit for now need to get some bills out of the way and spend some time with the kids Austy's started rugby (first season) so am going to be trolling the sidelines supporting my wee star :Punk:

botb
2nd May 2007, 15:44
Yeah Sunday was good for weather but stayed off the bike for the day and did boring house stuff and shopped with daughter (who keeps wanting my new helmet) and took dogs out for a while..

Waitati road you are talking about is horrid lol we took said road back from Palmerston ride and i didn't cope well at all big line of grit to cross over when cornering and there are lots!! of corners this is me personally talking i didn't enjoy it at all.... maybe later when more confident tis sealed nevertheless so go for it of you like don't think MS was keen to get back on it in a hurry either but then she may be swayed lol :Punk: rock on gals wish i could come but alas i have family commitments:love:

Silverfern
2nd May 2007, 22:12
Hey Botb, you have a good time on the sidelines, I guess given the interest from the guys who just can't stay away from the scintillating conversation on Biker Angels, we should take ideas for a weekend ride over to the other "Dunedin rides" thread before the guys want our nail polish tips?

Delphinus
2nd May 2007, 22:18
Hey you just mentioned a road so I thought i'd fill you in with some of my experience :)
Hopefully bike back tomorrow arvo too.... Fork bushes were ok so should be sorted by now, engine work tomorrow i cant wait! Been working overtime so i can take friday off to just ride!

As for the Mt Cargill road... its just a matter of practice.. the more you do it the easier it becomes. It is a rather bumpy road though. You could try one of the DCC Fixograms (http://www.cityofdunedin.com/city/?page=working_fixograms) and ask them to sweep it? I did that for the portobello road and I THINK they did it.

Righto better bow myself out before get in trouble for being where I shouldn't be.

Midnight Special
2nd May 2007, 22:49
Hey there, Im new to this but am def looking for girls to ride with, I dont need alot of notice wake up and a sunny day/or not blowing a howling gale is about it ill know within 10 minutes whether I can or cant basically. I dont like riding alone and my mates (boys) just wanna show off. Half day or full day rides Im happy to just get out an about. If anything haps let me know. Ciao
Hey nudds private message your e-mail addy we can add you to msn were we have our girlie top secret chat ! :yes:

Midnight Special
2nd May 2007, 22:56
Waitati road you are talking about is horrid lol we took said road back from Palmerston ride and i didn't cope well at all big line of grit to cross over when cornering and there are lots!! of corners this is me personally talking i didn't enjoy it at all.... maybe later when more confident tis sealed nevertheless so go for it of you like don't think MS was keen to get back on it in a hurry either but then she may be swayed lol :Punk: rock on gals wish i could come but alas i have family commitments:love:
I do tend to get swayed alot here! :yes:

FREE2B
3rd May 2007, 11:36
Hey you just mentioned a road so I thought i'd fill you in with some of my experience :)
Hopefully bike back tomorrow arvo too.... Fork bushes were ok so should be sorted by now, engine work tomorrow i cant wait! Been working overtime so i can take friday off to just ride!

As for the Mt Cargill road... its just a matter of practice.. the more you do it the easier it becomes. It is a rather bumpy road though. You could try one of the DCC Fixograms (http://www.cityofdunedin.com/city/?page=working_fixograms) and ask them to sweep it? I did that for the portobello road and I THINK they did it.

Righto better bow myself out before get in trouble for being where I shouldn't be.

Lucky you tomorrow looks good for a ride...we should do the hyde road soon...true what you say practice makes perfect :yes: we should all send in fixograms and c what happens??

botb
3rd May 2007, 22:45
Lucky you tomorrow looks good for a ride...we should do the hyde road soon...true what you say practice makes perfect :yes: we should all send in fixograms and c what happens??

Hey good idea about the fixograms thing we'll have those gritty roads and bumps sorted in no time !!!! yep i need to practice practice practice just need to find the time at the mo to do it still keen for the carpark gathering and cone thing if anyone else is still keen for it??:innocent:

Midnight Special
3rd May 2007, 23:13
Im keen the staduim carpark were they did the rideing course is good just make a day and time .

botb
4th May 2007, 08:00
OK sweet will have to have a think about when i can do it and weather permiting too :yes:

FREE2B
4th May 2007, 08:41
Yep Ill come play with yas tooo :yes:

Midnight Special
4th May 2007, 12:11
ok where can we get some road cones ?

FREE2B
4th May 2007, 12:15
I think tennis balls cut in half is the way to go easy to carry easy to get ( I have some old ones) you can still see them... they used them for countersteering practise... and if you happen to run them over it doesnt matter.

botb
4th May 2007, 17:56
Great idea tennis balls ....... i can visualise them as "un-named" head lol (don't ask)!!!!!! o thats right we are meant to avoid them not run over them or do burnouts on them :mellow: OK well we all got each n others numbers this weekend is out for me but maybe able to swing some thing for weekend after!

Silverfern
4th May 2007, 21:30
I'm up for a Hyde ride this weekend, preferably Saturday. Would love to get back to hitting tennis balls and doing emergency braking at Stadium car park. Will hunt out some tennis balls that the dogs haven't chewed this weekend. PM or text or ring me. A ride this weekend would not be a women's exclusive at all :) (Some one needs to carry F2B's petrol)

Midnight Special
4th May 2007, 22:56
allrighty see what the day brings tomorow , off to work on cleaning up spokes yeah nothing like cleaning spokes ! plenty to go round if anybody wants to help :yawn:

Midnight Special
6th May 2007, 19:41
Great weather for our rescue ride to Palmerston saterday and nice to put some more faces to names !

brazil
8th May 2007, 18:50
Hi Sue, yes I am getting the hang of this lol found the site. cheers. it was funny seeing everyone talk about the vincent. i go each year to that with friends of which some are in the Bronz. i usually go pillion (sp?) was learning but fell off and broke my leg groan. so am on the mend now

botb
8th May 2007, 20:43
Hi Sue, yes I am getting the hang of this lol found the site. cheers. it was funny seeing everyone talk about the vincent. i go each year to that with friends of which some are in the Bronz. i usually go pillion (sp?) was learning but fell off and broke my leg groan. so am on the mend now

Hey welcome Brazil lol i've been at the broken leg stage but mended now and yippee back on bike :Punk: so you'll be up for some rides when your fixed?

FREE2B
8th May 2007, 20:44
Hi Brazil welcome to the mad house ... hope this broken leg thing isnt contagious..seems to be a few goin round :shit:

Midnight Special
8th May 2007, 22:31
Touch wood havnt broken anything rideing bar a finger !

Silverfern
11th May 2007, 18:31
Touch wood too, have some knee scarring and bruised pride but thats all. Check Meetings/Dunedin thread for getting a ride sorted for Sunday . . .

Midnight Special
11th May 2007, 22:46
I gotta pass this weekend working on the bathroom tomorow and have to have a belated birthday tea with my family on sunday so ill be bakeing and cooking and hmm ill have to move the bike over so everone can get to the table ! I have two mirrors on my bike now ! i can see behind me again .

Midnight Special
13th May 2007, 12:24
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all our hard working multi tasking bike rideing Mummies !!

botb
13th May 2007, 19:23
CHEERS yep we are a bunch of lovely mum's lol:innocent:

Silverfern
13th May 2007, 21:47
Yep, we are a truly gorgeous bunch and as for Mum's day, that was my treat, for my daughter to say she wanted to go to the beach with a friend and I could go on a bike ride - only thing is no one wanted to/could come with us, but we had a great time anyway! Could've done with MS's knee pads though!!!

Silverfern
13th May 2007, 21:51
PS before I toodle off to bed, big Hi to Brazil, great to have another dunedin woman, let us know when you are up and about, Botb first met us when she was at home with her leg all wrapped up so we could do the same for you ::) Just kidding, ,, , maybe? he he

Midnight Special
14th May 2007, 14:30
Hi all took the XV for a wee ride today , what luxery after the Harley LOL XV wins for comfort and speed i think but the harley wins for grunt uphill and probably good looks . yes we can come visit you Brazil as long as your not in Brazil !

Midnight Special
21st May 2007, 14:02
What a beautiful day for a ride shame i have two sick boys off school !
should have some time off the bathroom soon got the toilet vanity, tiles and painting and floor done just got the wallpaper stripping and wallpaper and new skirting to do how is your bathroom going free2b ? and Julene what you been up to ?

FREE2B
25th May 2007, 11:37
Hey there ms b.room goin well got paintin and floor done just need to do some tiling and get vanity back in now. Weather is lookin dodgy this weekend so may as well carry on with it. R U goin to the Brass ???

Midnight Special
26th May 2007, 00:06
not at this stage for the brass but things could change LOL still got the wallpaper stripping to do here but had to wait for silicone to dry on floor edges we put down the clip together wood pannel stuff . got a job iterveiw for an Animal care technician at the med school monday so just brushing up on some laoratory animal care and procedures etc over the weekend before the interveiw but if its gets really nice will be on for a ride !

Silverfern
27th May 2007, 13:35
"Not at this stage but could change", does that mean that its a pssibility??? We have to show these northislanders and have a good local turnout! But I look out the window and hear only howling gales and see choppy seas. Had a good ride yesterday , right down to Taiaroa Head and back, discovered I can do approx 272 km before needing reserve, and that I cant flick to reserve while still moving as fingers not dexterious enough with gloves on.

Midnight Special
4th June 2007, 23:03
well done for getting to Outram in that horrible weather Silverfern

Midnight Special
8th June 2007, 11:48
yep just been outside :shit: its cold and im so glad i have a nice warm car to take to work tonight !

quickerchick
9th June 2007, 11:32
We have a group of about 35 riders in Northern Southland who get together when able to meet for rides. We have an e-mail list and have an arranged place to meet. Normally the Golf club rooms. We dont pay any kind of membership etc. It works really well and everyone has a great time...All having the shared love of bikes.

botb
10th June 2007, 18:04
OK sounds like you gals are down Invers way? keep in touch and we can organise a get together for us chics soon :scooter:

Silverfern
1st July 2007, 18:20
2 warm days, no snow, no ice, no howling southerlies, who amongst went for a ride?

Delphinus
1st July 2007, 18:28
Pick me pick me.
I've actually been out Thurs Sat and Sunday.... Just looked outside saw the blue sky... looked at desk... picked up helmet. New bike + nice weather is not good for getting work done.
Was bloody cold on thursday, but both days this weekend were really nice. Was still wearing plenty underneath. And hot grips a must.
Roads seem to be fine, just gotta take it easy where they have put grit down, but wheel tracks are clear, and there is not much round. Roads a bit wet but fine but not slippery if you take it easy (ish) ;)
Clocked up over 1000kms on my new Triumph in the last 2 weeks i've had it :D (and no I didn't take it out in the snow)
Oh and I passed my full on friday as well. :D

NighthawkNZ
1st July 2007, 18:57
Clocked up over 1000kms on my new Triumph in the last 2 weeks i've had it :D (and no I didn't take it out in the snow)
Oh and I passed my full on friday as well. :D

Congrats buddy...
Well I couldn't go for a ride... the VTR was on show on saturday at the Autospectular and on sunday I was doing other stuff...

botb
1st July 2007, 19:27
well done Delph :scooter: sounds like you have the bug bad boy lol great to see looking forward to having a perv at your new Trumpy!!!

Delphinus
1st July 2007, 19:35
Sneak preview available in my profile pic ;)

HRT
1st July 2007, 20:52
2 warm days, no snow, no ice, no howling southerlies, who amongst went for a ride?

ME! Been a whole week since I went for a ride before today. I was kinda missing it

FREE2B
1st July 2007, 21:48
Two weeks for me :( The long term weather is looking good for next Sunday why dont we try get something goin for then if it its nice??:scooter::scooter::scooter:

Midnight Special
2nd July 2007, 22:46
Iv got both bikes regos on hold right now spent the weekend doing some needed outside work done , cleaning car work in the vegie garden and glasshouse etc will have to take the bikes out for a battery charge up though lol .

Midnight Special
24th July 2007, 23:27
Ok must be time for a girls night then !

Ruralman
26th July 2007, 11:02
Ok must be time for a girls night then !

Hey most of the girls were at the Dunedin KB dinner - hope you had a note from your mother for you absense:yes:
Twist Delpinus's arm and I'm sure he could provide some (in)appropriate entertainment for a biker chicks night out!!!!:Punk:

Midnight Special
26th July 2007, 23:44
aww there were a couple of us missing with good excuses though ! i hear it went very well . I think we are planning a night in with nibbles and bubbles and were going to talk girlie stuff but everythings subject to change if the mood takes us. could be a p jamma party LOL

Ange!
27th July 2007, 11:49
Hi Midnight - am about the same vintage as you, going for full license soon so will be able to travel. Might be able to meet up when weather warms up.

Midnight Special
28th July 2007, 01:34
Wellcome Ange we need some more girl power here !

botb
29th July 2007, 10:51
Hey Girls..... managed to get the maggie out for a battery charge on Monday was bliss :yes: kids all well now very annoyed i missed dinner but o well next time for sure!!! weather is starting to get warmish so we will have to get together soon gals!!!!:Punk: a good couple of rides before the PP would fanbloodytastic ...........

FREE2B
29th July 2007, 11:29
I got out for a wee blast yesterday ended up goin to Lawrence and back was great. We will have to start gettin out there again :yes::scooter:

botb
6th September 2007, 17:45
Jesus now haven't we been acting like a bunch of GIRLS no action in this thread lately lets get back on track LADIES daffy's are out and so should we be BUMS IN SEATS and lattes in hand :2thumbsup

FREE2B
6th September 2007, 20:50
OOOhhhh dont I know it .... just say when and where

Silverfern
9th October 2007, 21:20
Yep ladies, it's time - to repair the damage to the kwaka and get it back on the road, and get it warranted and registered and all of us back out there. Tempted by a Buell in the States but decided canary yellow wasn't me, its so important to look colour co-ordinated (rotflmao).

FREE2B
11th October 2007, 20:06
Welcome back...sounds like youve had a great trip. How long to fix the kwaka do you think???

Silverfern
13th October 2007, 20:23
Got the repaired part back from lasercraft (yes that's right!) and bought the oil this morning so it was up and running after lunch. Took it down to Memorial Courts to have some confidence boosting riding and braking, every man and her dog were down there. Warrant & rego due next week, so will try and go for longer ride tomorrow arvo. Delphinus sent me pics of F2B's new ride, looks good beside the buzzy bee. :)

Xaria
14th October 2007, 06:33
Woo Hoo Silverfern. Good to have you back on the road.

Is Memorial Courts the space beside the ice skating rink? I will be there today for the ride right course. Looks like I will get quite wet.

Xaria
14th October 2007, 06:58
Or not. Ride right cancelled as it is too cold and windy :(

FREE2B
14th October 2007, 09:19
Thought it might have been tis a bit rough out there today. Maybe we cud all look at gettin together one evening if it clears for a ride and catch up?

scumdog
14th October 2007, 10:27
Cb and I went for a ride to KP yesterday (before the rain), her on the Sporty and me on the Superglide.

First ride for CB for a loong time - she did well.:sunny:

NighthawkNZ
14th October 2007, 10:41
Cb and I went for a ride to KP yesterday (before the rain), her on the Sporty and me on the Superglide.

Well done CB... soon you be riding as if you had never stopped... well see you ridindg to the rallies... :D

Xaria
14th October 2007, 11:33

:clap: well done CB. We will have to meet up halfway sometime, hopefully the weather will improve eventually.

Delphinus
14th October 2007, 12:10
:clap: well done CB. We will have to meet up halfway sometime, hopefully the weather will improve eventually.

Weather has been great lately! I've done 2000km's in the last week :)

cold comfort
14th October 2007, 12:26
I would say its been more about timing than anything (the joys of self employment eh?) Certianly been great to get in some bum in saddle time in between the gale force winds and sundry frontal systems!
:niceone:
Weather has been great lately! I've done 2000km's in the last week :)

Midnight Special
23rd November 2007, 13:13
Well this thread is dead latley we have to get a girlie ride going soon as my piglet is on the road again !

Xaria
24th January 2008, 06:21
How many of the ladies are going to the Vincent? I am definitely going as my parents are just over the river from the rally site.

WanderBird
25th January 2008, 05:25
I will be there Xaria, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you folks

I would love to meet up with some locals for any kind of riding -
PM me please:)

Mutley
25th January 2008, 12:27
Hi Xaria. I won't be going. To much work to be done. Hope you have a great time and have a cold one for me.

Kemet
27th January 2008, 21:49
Me going. Volunteered but haven't heard back yet. Gonna call tomorrow (monday) to check in...

Silverfern
28th January 2008, 20:28
Hey Kemet, what are you volunteering for? The mind boggles! I'll be going unless the weather turns to crap., looking forward to seeing you all up there on the Saturday night.

NighthawkNZ
28th January 2008, 21:29
I'll be going unless the weather turns to crap., looking forward to seeing you all up there on the Saturday night.

Showers Friday... didn't get to see saturday

Silverfern
10th February 2008, 16:54
Good seeing Xaria, Kemet Free2B and Botb again and meeting CB for the first time at the VCR, haven't been back on the wee monster since getting back, too much to do around home. Midnight Special, are you up for a cruisy wee ride next weekend?

botb
21st February 2008, 18:50
Nice to see u guys too sorry didn't get much of a chance to catch up with ya's was flat out yapping :) :cool:

Silverfern
29th February 2008, 17:48
Am I the only one who hasn't gone to the rally this weekend?

Delphinus
29th February 2008, 19:43
I haven't but I'm not a lady...
You coming to the road opening thingie that Ruralman posted about in Dunedin Rides?

Jantar
29th February 2008, 21:59
I haven't been to a rally since the Pissed Penguin last year. And I'm at work right now. :crybaby:

Virago
1st March 2008, 08:07
I'm still around (and getting rounder every day)...

Working this weekend as usual - heaps of quotes to do.

And shopping for a new work cage.

Might go down for the big road opening though.

Xaria
1st March 2008, 20:36

I'm not. I'm in Melbourne where we are having great weather. Watched the end of the rugby, and the 28 degrees tomorrow looks a lot better than your weather.

Have fun and I hope everyone who goes to the road opening enjoys it. I will probably try it out in a couple of weeks. I suppose we could even go to Middlemarch via Taeri Mouth... Especially with me navigating. :rolleyes:

scumdog
2nd March 2008, 03:46

No, I'm working instead, dang and blast staff shortages:angry2:

Still, all this rain has made me not miss the camping out quite so much!!.

Silverfern
2nd March 2008, 14:00
Yep, it is still precipating down, but sunny and hot in Chch according to 1 offspring who wanted to know why there were so many bikes coming into Chch from south and north. South = rally but north? Looked at sky, looked at bike, looked at sky again and decided the Taieri Road opening was not for me. Maybe ride next weekend. . . .

Virago
2nd March 2008, 14:54
The weather is better than expected - forecast was for "showers", but we've only had one shower so far today...:whistle:

rachprice
2nd March 2008, 19:52
Hey guys do you do regular rides or get together socially?
Rach

Delphinus
2nd March 2008, 20:00
Usually a bit of both when someone can be bothered organising something... All it takes is someone to post in here or Dunedin Rides "Hey I'm going for a ride on saturday, meet at BP at 11 if you want to come" and a couple will turn up :)

botb
4th March 2008, 19:04
Man u guys missed an awesome weekend weather was great only a few showers in the evenings so unless your made of sugar forget the weather man we had the BEST time was AAAAWWWEESSSOOOMMMEEEEE :woohoo: