PDA

View Full Version : Sat 31 July Ride

mattt
29th July 2004, 12:59
Right - word from the shop is that I'm back on 2 wheels Friday, so looking to get a group of guys and gals for a Saturday Blat. Leaving from the Autobarn. Any suggestions for rides? I'm Hawkes Bay born and bred.....

Firefight
29th July 2004, 14:43
Right - word from the shop is that I'm back on 2 wheels Friday, so looking to get a group of guys and gals for a Saturday Blat. Leaving from the Autobarn. Any suggestions for rides? I'm Hawkes Bay born and bred.....

:wavey: Matt, yeah I'll be havin a ride saturday, any idea were your going?

and what time you'll be at AB ?

F/F :ride:

Zed
29th July 2004, 14:44
Right - word from the shop is that I'm back on 2 wheels Friday, so looking to get a group of guys and gals for a Saturday Blat. Leaving from the Autobarn. Any suggestions for rides? I'm Hawkes Bay born and bred.....Hi mattt & welcome to KB.

Let us know what time you're thinking of meeting at Autobahn Papakura, and weather permitting I may join you for a few hours riding? Should be able to show you some cool roads "out of Auckland". :cool:
I'm keen on an early start, say meet at 9am? Need to be home between 1-2pm.

Zed

Quasievil
29th July 2004, 14:55
Wish I could but promised to take the Whanau mountain biking, have a goodin anyway.
You could always do 22, I think FF knows the way ? :whistle:

Firefight
29th July 2004, 14:57
Wish I could but promised to take the Whanau mountain biking, have a goodin anyway.
You could always do 22, I think FF knows the way ? :whistle:

ah, ... 22 which one is that again ? :Pokey:

F/F :blink: :blink:

mattt
29th July 2004, 19:55
Mmm - Yep F/F has given me the intro to the 22 on my old bike.
How does the Coromandel loop sound? I think the weather's going to be ok, maybe take off 10-ish...

MikeL
29th July 2004, 20:07
Mmm - Yep F/F has given me the intro to the 22 on my old bike.
How does the Coromandel loop sound? I think the weather's going to be ok, maybe take off 10-ish...

Keen to come, but the Coromandel loop is a whole day (especially starting at 10:00) and like Zed I need to be back fairly early, so either a different route or an earlier start would suit me better.

mattt
29th July 2004, 20:23
Yeh I thought it was a long one. Maybe meet at 9, and decide when we meet at the autobarn...

MadDuck
29th July 2004, 21:13
Yeh I thought it was a long one. Maybe meet at 9, and decide when we meet at the autobarn...

Is this to be a "fast", "Medium" or "open to all" ride. The weather is looking good and I will pot along if it is any of the latter rides. Just got to be back for work by 3pmish. Damn its 75kms to the Autobahn from here :baby:

Firefight
29th July 2004, 21:20
Keen to come, but the Coromandel loop is a whole day (especially starting at 10:00) and like Zed I need to be back fairly early, so either a different route or an earlier start would suit me better.

Yeah me too, I have to work night shift saturday night, I may have to skip this time and go somewere else ?

F/F :crazy:

MikeL
29th July 2004, 21:25
Yeah me too, I have to work night shift saturday night, I may have to skip this time and go somewere else ?

F/F :crazy:

And where would that somewhere else be, I wonder...

mattt
29th July 2004, 21:53
Sounds like we're venturing down the 22..... ;)

Darryboy
29th July 2004, 23:26
Curse the proximity of the two Autobahns! :mad:

So is it the first (left) or second (right) one when going southbound?
Only ever been to the second one and I remember seeing a KB sticker in the mens thats my guess, am I wrong?

mattt
29th July 2004, 23:38
First one on the left heading south. 10am by the looks of things so far... :headbang:

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 00:34
Yeah im in, bike is going good for once :crazy: (touch wood), i gotta late finish on night shift friday but i'll drag my arse outta bed for 10am at pap autobahn, 9am is pushing it but i'd make it with one eye half open, maybe. I start work at 5pm so anywhere is all good, sh22 sounds cool or even kopu over to whangamata then onto waihi and back through to paeroa is a pretty sweet ride, 5 hours or so cruising i think??

mattt
30th July 2004, 00:38
Cruising? Haah - WTF is that? :stoogie:

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 00:41
Is this to be a "fast", "Medium" or "open to all" ride. The weather is looking good and I will pot along if it is any of the latter rides. Just got to be back for work by 3pmish. Damn its 75kms to the Autobahn from here :baby:

Medium?? i'd say madduck, come along, the more the better.

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 00:43
Cruising? Haah - WTF is that? :stoogie:

exactly :Punk: so 3 hours then

mattt
30th July 2004, 00:45
Yep, might make it past Kopu this time if my bike doesn't "see Red". Could play hide and seek with the HP cop we saw last time. :Playnice:

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 00:53
Yep, might make it past Kopu this time if my bike doesn't "see Red". Could play hide and seek with the HP cop we saw last time. :Playnice:

Yea for sure, i'll play seek then i play "get the f#$% outta there" my demerits situation aint all that shit hot, neither is yours!! Just gotta make sure i don't come across any of those nasty roadside gardens that have big rocks that disable your bike when the side stand clips it and the kill switch pops out, oh the shame :confused2

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 09:31
I am in too, I'll be riding something a bit different! :msn-wink:

Zed
30th July 2004, 09:51
I am in too, I'll be riding something a bit different! :msn-wink:
Good one - look forward to seeing you again MR. Will you be travelling a tad slower on this "different" machine? :bleh:

Guys, hopefully we can confirm the meeting time soon? I'm keen on 9am so I can get an extra hours riding in, otherwise 10am will have to do.

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 10:07
Good one - look forward to seeing you again MR. Will you be travelling a tad slower on this "different" machine? :bleh:

Sorry Zed, this bike that I am bringing will top out at about 140-160 kmph (I think...)

It'll be good to catch up anway :) Is CK comming to this one?

Zed
30th July 2004, 10:14
...Is CK comming to this one?
Hopefully he will answer that question himself?

Are you lurking out there CK? :bye:

Quasievil
30th July 2004, 10:34
If anyone is coming down this way 22 or whatever give me a ring, Im good for a ride 2pm till 4.30pm 0274 930 165

Marmoot
30th July 2004, 10:46
FF: pukekohe - Tuakau - Pokeno is a bit boring with all the township traffic.
Try this:
Off motorway from Pukekohe off-ramp, left to Bombay Hill and take the winding road towards Hunua range, then right towards SH2. Then at SH2 turn left towards "the castle" service station (the one with good ice cream).
Just before "the castle", turn right towards Mercer. At mercer, cross the Expressway and straight towards SH22.

That'll give you a bit of twisty bits on Bombay Hill, Hunua Range, between SH2-Mercer, and between Mercer-SH22.

P.S.
Might have a little bit of construction on SH2-Mercer link, but the twisty in Hunua is definitely worth it.

P.P.S.
for a bit of twist, try getting to Bombay Hill through Old GSR. Watch out for the cops, though.

Zed
30th July 2004, 10:56
FF: pukekohe - Tuakau - Pokeno is a bit boring with all the township traffic.
Try this:
Off motorway from Pukekohe off-ramp, left to Bombay Hill and take the winding road towards Hunua range, then right towards SH2. Then at SH2 turn left towards "the castle" service station (the one with good ice cream).
Just before "the castle", turn right towards Mercer. At mercer, cross the Expressway and straight towards SH22.

That'll give you a bit of twisty bits on Bombay Hill, Hunua Range, between SH2-Mercer, and between Mercer-SH22.

P.S.
Might have a little bit of construction on SH2-Mercer link, but the twisty in Hunua is definitely worth it.

P.P.S.
for a bit of twist, try getting to Bombay Hill through Old GSR. Watch out for the cops, though.
So, out of all of that Mr Marmoot, are you coming tomorrow? If so, you can lead the way...:2guns:

Firefight
30th July 2004, 11:52
Yeah I have done all those MM

I don't care, Ru out for a ride saturday ??

V Twin Raver
30th July 2004, 13:40
Ok a time needs to be confirmed, I am all good for a 9am start, what is the consensus?

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 14:02
I am not fussed but a later start is always a help! :p

Firefight
30th July 2004, 14:43
sorry Guys, got shit to do first, I won,t be able to :argh: start before 10-30 at AB, might catch you as you come back.

F/F :sneaky2:

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 14:49
sorry Guys, got shit to do first, I won,t be able to :argh: start before 10-30 at AB, might catch you as you come back.

F/F :sneaky2:

We might as well all go at 1030 then cause loosebruce also wants a later start. Either way, I'll join ya at 1030 FF!

Cajun
30th July 2004, 15:51
i gotta work on saturday, i be doing my ride sunday might go do the loops sunday with the misses

Coldkiwi
30th July 2004, 16:02
sorry guys, I'm all booked out all tomorrow. It'd be good to ride with the 600 boys but its just not to be tomorrow!
whens the next open day at Puke anyway?

Two Smoker
30th July 2004, 16:18
AAAAAHHHHH FUCKING WORK :angry2: won't be finished till like 1200-1300 :( anyone keen for a small blat after?? i havent been on a good ride in ages....

MR, does this mean what i think it means.....??????

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 16:42
MR, does this mean what i think it means.....??????

No it doesn't TS :)

Two Smoker
30th July 2004, 16:50
No it doesn't TS :)aaaahhhh gutted..... one day.....

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 17:03
so is it 10.30?? Me an Mattt are meeting up in Ellerslie and are planning on being at AB for 10 anyway don't mind hanging around till 10.30, to let guys like FF come along, weather is looking pretty good for tomorrow should be a good ride where ever we go????

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 17:08
We might as well all go at 1030 then cause loosebruce also wants a later start. Either way, I'll join ya at 1030 FF!

Sleep is good, i proberly won't finish work till 3am

V Twin Raver
30th July 2004, 17:14
10.30 it is. Means I can get stuff done before hand (including updating reg'n on bike). See you all at 10.30.

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 17:25
Yes let it be known to ALL 10.30 at AB papakura, see you all there. :niceone:

sAsLEX
30th July 2004, 18:31
sweet 1030 it is, maybe we should have told MR that it is 1000 then he would turn up on time :whistle:

k14
30th July 2004, 18:37
sweet 1030 it is, maybe we should have told MR that it is 1000 then he would turn up on time :whistle:

Nah, youd have to tell him about 0700 for him to turn up at 1030

DEATH_INC.
30th July 2004, 18:46
So is it 22 or Coro?
May come along...

mattt
30th July 2004, 19:14
Yep, done deal - We'll turn up at the AB at 10, talk about how good we are till 1030, then take off. Weathers looking not too bad. Went and watched a couple of dudes rip round pukekohe this morning, looked pretty cool.
Catch yous all tomorrow

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 19:57
Hey, I am never late. I just let everyone get a head start. :msn-wink:

Don't belive me? lol Ok, I'll be on time tomorrow. :o

MadDuck
30th July 2004, 21:05
Looks like a "fast ride" you guys have fun I will potter up SH 16 me thinks

Marmoot
30th July 2004, 22:10
FF: not looking good at the moment. Tried to find replacement for tomorrow duty, but 1 has birthday party and the other is not looking good either. Might have to pass up coz the job wont finish until 1430.

Darn................... :brick: :brick: :brick:

Firefight
31st July 2004, 07:32
FF: not looking good at the moment. Tried to find replacement for tomorrow duty, but 1 has birthday party and the other is not looking good either. Might have to pass up coz the job wont finish until 1430.

Darn................... :brick: :brick: :brick:

Don't worry mate, I got another 12 days annual leave coming up at the end of next week, we'll sort something.

F/F :2thumbsup

Zed
31st July 2004, 16:08
Totally fantastic ride today guys!!! Thanks for your company Matt, Bruce, Dave, Sudeep, Mike, Darryboy, Alex, Mr Wonko, Mal, Chris at the end...you all rode very well. Look forward to the pics Wonko. :cool:

Hope the rest of your ride went without mishaps for those of you diehards that went down SH22 the 2nd time!

Well I've cleaned all my gears and the bike...off to Whangarei now (in the cage <_< )

Zed

mattt
31st July 2004, 17:08
yep, was a mint day. We ended up coming back SH1 scarpering in different directions from our buddies , the HP. haha Cheers guys :Punk:

Firefight
31st July 2004, 17:25
Yep another :first: class day, great ride. For me it started with a quick solo ride down to Naike, got a tx from MR letting me know that the group was on the way

edit, confused, read on, fuckin computers.

F./F

Motoracer
31st July 2004, 17:35
That was one of the best rides I have had in a long long time AND I didn't even have to go over 200! How cool is that!!

Cheers everyone!

P.S. I think I saw you Quasie, heading back on SH1.

Firefight
31st July 2004, 17:39
Yep another :first: class day, great ride. For me it started with a quick solo ride down to Naike, got a tx from MR letting me know that the group was on the way, so I turned back and meet the front riders at pot hole 73 :crazy: we rode to Glen Murray -Rangariri rd, back way to Huntly and to Naragwhaia, fuel and coffee, then back the way we came, from Huntly we headed out to Rotowaro coal fields and back to 22, from there we regrouped just past (Arthur Allans) Golf club, :confused2 , just think about it !

We had a bit of a yarn, some of us decided to head back down 22, a few had to head back for other comittments, still a great day to ride, :sunny: I got as far as the Huntly turn off, and had to turn back (no more sick leave left),I had run out of time, I meet Marmoot on the way back , we had a quick chat and then went our separate ways, Now Ia'm at work and pleasantly :buggerd: (tired). Just a great day for Winter, :cold: not a bit.

Oh yeah, and IMHO, Rider of the day, MR, who gave a fantastic display on his brothers XR600(nobblies), Fuck mate, is there nothing you can't ride well !

thanks again everyone. as far as I know no bins !

Firefight :crazy:

k14
31st July 2004, 18:00
Man living down here isnt fair, yes it was an awesome day. But I can't go anywhere where there isn't grit on the roads :weep:.

Good to see you guys had a good ride and no bins either, good stuff.

Zed
31st July 2004, 18:58
That was one of the best rides I have had in a long long time AND I didn't even have to go over 200! How cool is that!!...Hey MR - I missed seeing you up the front too...just wasn't the same with you on a "restricted" bike! :wacko: :msn-wink:

Two Smoker
31st July 2004, 19:02
Yep awesome ride, good to see everyone and some newbies too :niceone: hope my 150 didnt slow too many of you up..... MR, fucking amazing on that XR600 hehehe

Yeah i tried to amuse myself going up SH1 but lying on the bike and having my head above the front wheel whilst doing 170kmh as well as sitting on the takn and other stupid stuff hehehe..... MR did a nice side saddle on the XR on the way back too LOL....

V Twin Raver
31st July 2004, 21:48
Yip,another awesome day with another great bunch of riders. Thanks guys, most enjoyable. The early part of the ride I was a bit fingers & thumbs - just could not get the flow going around some of those corners but as the day progressed I ended up pretty happy with how things were going (for me anyway). I think some of it has to do with the roads drying out and having a bit more confidence that there was not going to be a sheltered, wet road around the looming blind bend.

Thanks again, can't wait for the next jaunt!!

loosebruce
31st July 2004, 22:43
Yep awesome ride, good to see everyone and some newbies too :niceone: hope my 150 didnt slow too many of you up..... MR, fucking amazing on that XR600 hehehe

Yeah i tried to amuse myself going up SH1 but lying on the bike and having my head above the front wheel whilst doing 170kmh as well as sitting on the takn and other stupid stuff hehehe..... MR did a nice side saddle on the XR on the way back too LOL....

Yea was wondering about that superman stunt jus figured you were pratcising a new drafting technique for the back straight at puke, nice.

All in all was an excellent day for a ride, MR mate, respect, you score yourself a free pizza bro, pm a mailing address and i'll send a voucher out to ya :first: was good to see a number of guys out and good variety of rides and skill levels as well everything from GSX's to XJR's and a XR ( :crazy: ), hope we can get some more next time, was good to meet some new faces to.
Anyhow back to work for me :confused2 till next time.

Two Smoker
1st August 2004, 09:11
Yea was wondering about that superman stunt jus figured you were pratcising a new drafting technique for the back straight at puke, nice.

LOL, that gives me an idea, maybe ill try it this friday at puke hehehe....

Motoracer
1st August 2004, 10:55
All in all was an excellent day for a ride, MR mate, respect, you score yourself a free pizza bro, pm a mailing address and i'll send a voucher out to ya :first:

It was an awesome day alright. You were setting a great pace up front on roads you didn't know. Nice one bruce! :niceone:

Saweeet!! Cheers for the Pizza bro!!

Wonko
2nd August 2004, 10:39
Most excellent day

Great keeping p with some of the faster riders, until they power off down the straights, but lots of twisties to keep them in sight. It's great to know that my riding is improving with every outing on group rides.

MR, I'm sure that if we threw you on a 50cc scooter you'd still be riding rings around most of us.

What can I say that hasn't been said already, a great day's riding. If you weren't there, you missed out, simple as that.

Here's some mug shot's of the day.

750Y
2nd August 2004, 12:15
glad you guys had a great ride.
I got to the ramarama bridge at about 10:34.
wasn't sure exactly who was going on the ride but when i seen a group of riders coming south i spun round and jumped in behind, i get halfway up the bombays & realise these guys don't look too familiar so i jump up next to the front guy & i'm signalling 22? 22? with my fingers, we pull into the east side servo on the bombays so we can talk. i ask him if they're heading down 22 he says "no we're the airforce riders going to Tauranga but you can come with us". at that point i felt like a farken tool & humbly apologised and asked if they'd seen any bikes at the autobahn & they said they saw none. So I set out to hunt you all down on 22 and when i got to Puke I realised i had no idea where the hell you'd all be and didn't feel like going crazy for nothing so i flagged it. Brilliant day for riding tho. maybe next time.

Motoracer
2nd August 2004, 12:25
wasn't sure exactly who was going on the ride but when i seen a group of riders coming south i spun round and jumped in behind, i get halfway up the bombays & realise these guys don't look too familiar so i jump up next to the front guy & i'm signalling 22? 22? with my fingers, we pull into the east side servo on the bombays so we can talk. i ask him if they're heading down 22 he says "no we're the airforce riders going to Tauranga but you can come with us". at that point i felt like a farken tool & humbly apologised and asked if they'd seen any bikes at the autobahn & they said they saw none. So I set out to hunt you all down on 22 and when i got to Puke I realised i had no idea where the hell you'd all be and didn't feel like going crazy for nothing so i flagged it. Brilliant day for riding tho. maybe next time.

LMAO!! I did that on the last Waikato ride. Saw a bunch of riders on the side of the road. I thought it was the KB bunch that I was trying to catch up with, Did the meanest and longest rolling stoppie that I have ever done to show off infront of them. I pulled up next to them and started chatting with them. It took a good 5mins before I realised that they were the wrong group lol.

How did you signal 22 btw? If you do it the wrong way, it could have looked like you were giving them the fingers :laugh:

If the weather is good, I am gunna do 22 next sat!

Zed
2nd August 2004, 12:32
Most excellent day

Great keeping p with some of the faster riders, until they power off down the straights, but lots of twisties to keep them in sight. It's great to know that my riding is improving with every outing on group rides.

MR, I'm sure that if we threw you on a 50cc scooter you'd still be riding rings around most of us.

What can I say that hasn't been said already, a great day's riding. If you weren't there, you missed out, simple as that.

Here's some mug shot's of the day.
Thanks for those pics Wonko, and your riding has improved heaps since I rode with you last...took me a while to pass you on that last stretch of 22 before some of the group dispersed back home! :niceone:

Zed
2nd August 2004, 12:37
I take it that it was a last minute decision to join us 750Y? Otherwise, next time you should text Firefight or someone and we can arrange to meet you at a specific location like some of the guys did on the weekend. If we head down 22 we usually end up at BP Ngaruawahia around 12-12.30pm and stay there for 30 mins for lunch.

There will be a next time! :msn-wink:

750Y
2nd August 2004, 13:20
LMAO!! I did that on the last Waikato ride. ...
How did you signal 22 btw? If you do it the wrong way, it could have looked like you were giving them the fingers :laugh:

Yeah lucky you werent going down state highway 11 lol!

i pointed at the guy and flashed the victory symbol a couple times with a querying look in my eye.
stupid thing tho was i was in the right side of the left lane & he in the left of the right lane about a foot apart at 100 or so, and next thing an idiot in a silver 300 fairlady comes up the inside of me. we both looked at each other like wtf??? was that??
can't make this sat.. sorry, I'm on my own with my 1 yr old for a week or so.
ZED: see you another time..

dangerous
2nd August 2004, 20:42
Hey, those roads look bloody sweet in the photos I must get my ass up there again one day soon.
Tell me whose on the blue Storm? are the wheels polished all over or are the outer rims done only? and how have they come up (as in close up are they a good wheel to polish, not too porous)
Of course I ask cos its something that I'm thinking bout doing.

V Twin Raver
2nd August 2004, 21:14
That Storm be mine. This is the Storm you have been most helpful in securing some aftermarket pipes for - its just the owner ain't got around to finalising anything.

I did the rims myself - outer only. The finish on the outer rim on the Firestorms is really good which makes it a very viable option for stripping. I personally am pretty happy with the finished product (and I am pretty fussy)but you would have to seek comments from a less biased commentator on it I spose.

I have seen photos of the complete rim strip but the finish of the rest of the wheel is still rough cast so I think they would need milling or similar? to get a good look over the entire wheel. A full polish upwould be great I reckon especially with the front forks done too but I dont know who would do them. Anyway, you got that photo of the bike now.

Cheers

Mal

Zed
2nd August 2004, 21:29
...but you would have to seek comments from a less biased commentator on it I spose...
Your rims look really good VTR! I was quite impressed when you told me that time that you polished them up yourself.

Ah so you're getting some pipes eh! What brand you thinking of? Should be the hottest looking Storm in Auckland soon? :msn-wink:

FROSTY
2nd August 2004, 21:41
Sounds like you guys had a great day riding.
Good to hear noone binned. :not:
Im as always at work green with envy

dangerous
2nd August 2004, 21:41
That Storm be mine.
I did the rims myself - outer only

cool, so how and did you put a clear.... oh crap another email comming your way

V Twin Raver
2nd August 2004, 21:46
Your rims look really good VTR! I was quite impressed when you told me that time that you polished them up yourself.

Ah so you're getting some pipes eh! What brand you thinking of? Should be the hottest looking Storm in Auckland soon? :msn-wink:

Thanks for the positive comments ZED. Man, I can't decide on the brand of pipes, still doing research really. I do like the carbon fibre look but I hear the V Twins destroy them, plus I want to stick with shiny bits in an effort to assure 'the hottest looking storm in Auckland' thing. :cool2:

dangerous
2nd August 2004, 21:52
Thanks for the positive comments ZED. Man, I can't decide on the brand of pipes, still doing research really. I do like the carbon fibre look but I hear the V Twins destroy them, plus I want to stick with shiny bits in an effort to assure 'the hottest looking storm in Auckland' thing. :cool2:

The cans sitting down here are the same as Zed's one did ya have a close look at his VTRaver? the bike they came off now has Remus, IMO they dont look as good but sound better.

mattt
3rd August 2004, 10:10
I do like the carbon fibre look but I hear the V Twins destroy them, . :cool2:

Could be right, i think loosebruces TL has powered the back of his, even on my old fzr, they were looking a bit tired.
On another note, I made the mish back to Hastings yesterday to see the olds, raining when I, but fine :headbang: as I ripped through matamata / taupo, then a nice :cold: 6deg rain sesh over the Taupo road.
I caught a couple of guys just outta taupo, one :scooter: 'errering on a :moon: harley, and his mate on something else. I tried dropping his mate on the downhill run into Wairekei by making my rev's go :angry2: , but the faster I went, the closer he rode to me :crybaby: . Turned out he had a Buell XB1200r, looked pretty cool with the rubber/kevlar chain drive thing, but not enough fairing for me.
Saw two :Police: in quick succession (as per usual) around matamata town. I was cruising, so don't have to walk home.
I'm heading back (Hastings-Auckland) on Thurs morning, if anyone is about. Maybe the long way, but have to be at airport by 2.....
Right - now to beat up on the desserted HB country back roads I know so well :buggerd:

loosebruce
3rd August 2004, 20:28

Right on being a sweet looking strom Vtwin Raver, my TL destroyed a set of Kerker carbon's, don't worry too much better brands such as Yoshi & Arrow even Micron do nice carbon can's, but shiney is also good, just got to keep an eye on the internals of them, my old 2 brothers baffles ended up being real rattly coz of the end cap supports wearing away from vibration's.

And big ups to Wonko for the pics, cheers mate looking good.

V Twin Raver
4th August 2004, 08:09
my TL destroyed a set of Kerker carbon's, don't worry too much better brands such as Yoshi & Arrow even Micron do nice carbon can's, but shiney is also good, just got to keep an eye on the internals of them, my old 2 brothers baffles ended up being real rattly coz of the end cap supports wearing away from vibration's.

Thanks for the recommendations LB, i had heard that the 2 Brothers pipes had poor build quality internals & were subject to baffles falling to bits - they are one that has defineately been taken off the options list.

Cheers