PDA

View Full Version : Who had their bike knocked over at St Lukes today? (12 January)

Fub@r
12th January 2007, 15:39
My missus called me earlier today about a car vs bike altercation in the St Lukes carpark today.

Apparently some old guy (70's) somehow knocked over a guys bike in the carpark. Some bystanders helped him pick the bike up. The old guy left all his details on the bike for insurance etc and making his aplogies etc.

Guy that owns the bike returns, reads the note. Then turns pulls out a sharp object and slashed the old guys tyres then rides off.

I know I would be pissed off if my bike got knocked over, but to slash his tyres even though he had left all his insurance details for you. Most people in this day and age would have driven off and left it on the ground!

Beemer
12th January 2007, 15:48
Well, I just hope the old guy had the presence of mind to take down the bike rego before leaving his details. What a tosser. I can understand if the old buy had knocked over the bike and then tried to drive off without leaving a note, but he did the decent thing and then had this happen.

Waylander
12th January 2007, 16:28
How likely would it be for insurance to pay out for something like that?

crashe
12th January 2007, 16:33
I very much doubt the rider would come onto KB and post that they did that.

I mean to say they had the person's details etc....... all they had to do was pass it onto their insurance company and it was all sorted out.

No need to go and damage the car tyres.........

Time for a anger management course for this rider or the police knocking on his door and charging him........ they have camera's working in the car parks.
Could be all caught on film.

Filterer
12th January 2007, 18:18
This isn't one of those who did it threads started by the one who did it now is it?

pzkpfw
12th January 2007, 18:25
Just one small possibility.

What was really on the note?

Do we know it did not say "ha ha they all think I'm writing my real details"?

Not likely, and I would still say the slashing was wrong; but seems possible.

Doing that and then leaving your car parked there? Bit tarded really...

R6_kid
12th January 2007, 18:30
wasnt mine... i park my bike down in the corridor away from traffic now. If it gets knocked over somehow i'd know within a minute or two as it is within eye shot of me aslong as i am doing my job.

There is a guy that has a snazily painted GSX250, saw him with it some way from where he usually parks it, but he too has his in a delivery bay away from general mall traffic.

Sounds like a slight over-reaction, but still a bad feeling when someone knocks your pride and joy over.

beyond
12th January 2007, 18:31
Well, that's just downright sad :(

One more motorist who will never leave a note again when they knock a bike over next time.

R6_kid
12th January 2007, 19:04
Well, that's just downright sad :(

One more motorist who will never leave a note again when they knock a bike over next time.

it was you in your cage wasnt it 'old' man :bleh:

beyond
12th January 2007, 20:27
it was you in your cage wasnt it 'old' man :bleh:

Nah mate. I'd always leave a note :innocent:

Madmax
12th January 2007, 21:05
I allways park mine buy the bike racks
never had a brob before:angry:

BarBender
12th January 2007, 21:11
Thats crazy.
Hope the prick slid on a wet painted arrow in the carpark and did a shitload more damage.

Feel for the old man in his 70's and what he has lined up for the rest of the weekend...and all because he was decent and honest.

Rhino
12th January 2007, 21:18
Guy that owns the bike returns, reads the note. Then turns pulls out a sharp object and slashed the old guys tyres then rides off.
Great:gob: This f**kwit biker now has managed to piss off a whole bunch of people, as the old chap will probably tell his family and friends about the experience. Now we have even more cagers driving around who think all bikers are shit and will treat us accordingly.:shit:

Panther
12th January 2007, 21:38
Nice guys finish last, cliché but true, or should I say sad but true, is there any point in being nice???

Nice guys finish last, cliché but true, or should I say sad but true, is there any point in being nice???

Depends if you wanna live in a civilised society or not?

As a side note, nice guys rarely rape and kill people.

pixc
12th January 2007, 23:16
is there any point in being nice???

Of course there is. :yes:
10 brownie points to the old dude...as for the twat, what goes around comes around. He will get whats comeing to him.

elle-f
13th January 2007, 06:06
It wasn't an RG150 was it? :laugh: *refer to the thread about the RG being knocked over - new bike and stupid cage!*

Actually, you guys are right - why would somebody slash tyres over a bike being knocked over when you have the details? I dont get that mentality at all. It makes it harder for the rest of us OR does it???? maybe people might think twice about backing into bikes!

Hawkeye
13th January 2007, 06:47

Reading the original post, the biker returned after the old guy had already put the note on the bike. If the details weren't on the note, how did the biker get the details of which car to slash. Or did he just randomly slash the cage next to his bike?

It makes it harder for the rest of us OR does it???? maybe people might think twice about backing into bikes!

Accidents do happen. This old guy was doing the right thing by leaving a note.
And if the biker is on this forum... what goes around, comes around.

elle-f
13th January 2007, 07:26
um hawkeye. I was kinda kidding with the last bit of that post there ;)

Hawkeye
13th January 2007, 07:59
um hawkeye. I was kinda kidding with the last bit of that post there ;)

:o oop's. (early morning , hadn't had my coffee) Bad Hawkeye, bad Hawkeye....

pzkpfw
13th January 2007, 09:32
If the details weren't on the note, how did the biker get the details of which car to slash. Or did he just randomly slash the cage next to his bike?

OK. Good point. Stupid me.

That's what I get for trying to be balanced after a hard days' amatuer carpentry.