PDA

View Full Version : Now the fun begins

dveus
29th July 2004, 17:26
Hi,

Have been lurking around these forums for a while, but tis about time for my first post

My first bike arrived today :)
Am now the proud owner of a 2004 GSX250

Now tis just a case of keeping it shiney side up.

Mat.

Ms Piggy
29th July 2004, 17:28
Yahoo! A brand spanking new ride aye! Any pics?

Welcome to KB's, I'm assuming you're a new rider? You'll meet some good guys & gals here. :cool:

cheetor
29th July 2004, 17:41
Hey, HEHE same bike as I had, Is it Blue or grey?

Pics of mine at
http://www.bikepics.com/members/cheetor250/04across

Firefight
29th July 2004, 17:48
welcome mate, nice ride,

a few of us are going for a blat saturday, will be leaving from Papakura Autobahn some time in the am, keep an eye out if you want to join us.

F/F :yes:

Darryboy
29th July 2004, 17:58
Yay another 2004 GSX250!

Hey cheetor I thought i'd gone mad but that link is proof that I didn't.
How's it that your bike was blue then grey?
Did you just swap em?

Motoracer
29th July 2004, 20:08
Welcome mate! :)

MikeL
29th July 2004, 20:19
welcome mate, nice ride,

a few of us are going for a blat saturday, will be leaving from Papakura Autobahn some time in the am, keep an eye out if you want to join us.

F/F :yes:

And if you're a beginner, there will be at least one slow rider at the back so you won't feel pressured...

LB
30th July 2004, 06:06
Welcome to KB - and to motorcycling dveus!! :)

Bob
30th July 2004, 06:54
Congratulations! Sure these guys will take good care of you, but if you are going out in a group for the first time, then I would say ride your own ride. Don't try to match someone if you don't think you're ready for it.

The guys leading the group will set a fair pace and they'll (I assume) set someone at the back who is a really good rider who can, if you get separated, bring you back to the main group by upping the pace where you're still comfortable but cracking on a bit more.

(At least thats the way we try to do it here - often have 2nd best rider setting the pace, with the best at the back. That way the slower/less experienced riders are in the centre and can be shepherded (sp?) along in a controlled way without pushing them too hard for their abilities.

(That said, I don't really enjoy riding in large groups - don't mind in pairs or maybe three or four - but that is just a personal thing. If you enjoy it, then great, more power to your elbow and all that!)

toads
30th July 2004, 08:37
good one, I hope you get some great riding in and definately keep the rubber side down :wavey:

phil_elvey
30th July 2004, 10:12
Good on ya mate! Yeah just remember to take it easy for starters and enjoy yourself.