PDA

View Full Version : Early morning mountain bike ride

kro
13th January 2007, 07:37
Still on two wheels, but only with leg power....

I awoke early to a wet cat nose pressed against the side of my cheek, and squeaky meowing, which means "I gotta piss, and I mean NOW". I let puddy out, and realised it was 5.25am. I chose to not return to my fortress of slumber, and donned my gay apparel, and cranked up the studio lights on the old Diamondback, and was on the road at 5.40am.

I rode up over Waimea Hill, and went roaring down the other side, turned in land to head up The Brook, to get onto the Dun Mountain path.

I crested the summit of Dun Mountain at about 6.30, and was treated to a sight I have not seen at close range before. The misty white clouds were being blown up through the Matai valley on the other side, it was flowing up the side of the hill, and gently blowing up over the summit, about 2 feet above my head. It was kind of spooky, but very a nice reward for my efforts.

I hydrated myself, took off down the other side, and encountered a group of about 10 rabbits all sitting in the middle of the track, and they all kind of exploded in a big furry detonation, and leapt in all sorts of directions.
Around the next corner, the cattle were standing in the middle of the track taking a dump...... why can't they shite on the freakin grass dammit?. I took a crash course in Bovine-ish, and gently said "moo moo" as I rode up behind each one, and they mooved outta the way.

The only part of the ride that I don't care to remember is the part where I had stopped to refill my drink bottle, and let a reasonably good size bottom burp out (about a 6.8 on the Rectum scale), and discovered there were people resting 15 feet from me. They laughed, and graded me out of 10, and off I went home.

Flatcap
13th January 2007, 07:47
Sounds very pleasant

However, didn't the good Lord invent the internal combustion engine to avoid such strenuous exercise?

elle-f
13th January 2007, 07:47
HAHAHA 6.5 isnt THAT good ya know *L* awesome little trip you did there and congrats at the time!

gijoe1313
13th January 2007, 07:59
Nice one! Always good to get some physical strain on the ol'body to ensure it ticks along - I guess your cat wanted to get you out there and doing it heheh.

I haven't pushed out my MTB for a little whiles - so on ya for doing it! :niceone:

kro
13th January 2007, 08:05
However, didn't the good Lord invent the internal combustion engine to avoid such strenuous exercise?

The last stretch of the climb to the summit is a steep little bugger, and I was thinking that same thought..... so in short, yes.

duckaddict
13th January 2007, 08:42
Nice!

hmm... the privilege of not living in a big city. :third: