PDA

View Full Version : Ktm 950

bikerboy
4th June 2003, 18:07
I saw a few of the new KTM 950? bike thingys, these things are supposed to be a road bikes. I think they look like the biking equivalent of SUVs.

If too many of these get on the road I can hear the tin can public going on about them. They are absurdly large and look ungainly.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :eek:

SPman
4th June 2003, 22:08
Ungainly? Untrue - as long as your legs are 6 ft long, you'd have no trouble being gainly at all:p

Motu
5th June 2003, 14:24
Better get your :o icon ready,on a less than perfect back road this thing is going to leave you wondering where it went!

bikerboy
5th June 2003, 16:56
Probably bouncing into the ditch and across the paddock :o

There's an article in one of the british mags claiming unless your on a non paved road those things ( unmodified) are no better than the ill handling, rough, dirt bikes.

Pretty much like their four wheeled cousins I would guess..:Oops:

I'll never know as I'd need a ladder just to get on the thing! :p

SPman
5th June 2003, 16:57
Originally posted by Motu
Better get your :o icon ready,on a less than perfect back road this thing is going to leave you wondering where it went!

No doubt it will - the initial write ups indicate its verrry good. And the bike is based very much on the Dakar winning machine.....but  - if you are less than about 6ft 3, they are an ungainly, daddy longlegs of a bike, irrespective of what their undoubted capabilities are.:done:

Motu
5th June 2003, 18:20
It's only too tall when you stop to put a foot down,if you don't ride it around town I don't see a problem.My bike is way too tall for me - I don't use it as a city bike.Many people including myself have ridden off rode on bikes they can hardly touch down on - dabbing on the downhill side is not done,but they are not unriderble,a street bike would be.The only problem would be the weight,as well as being tall,you will need some muscels to go with this bike! Maybe thats why you sports bike guys don't like it?

bluninja
6th June 2003, 11:45
Maybe sportsbike riders have the brains to spell muscles properly:D  so they don't have to go flexing them. I once did a basic handling trial on an off-road bike. I came second cos I didn't dab all the way through.....I tried to but my foot wouldn't reach...what a way to learn throttle and clutch control !

TTFN

bikerboy
6th June 2003, 16:24
:o The reviews rave about how light this bike is, so if great strength is required, riding one must be akin to manuevering a charging rhino by it's ears. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Motu
6th June 2003, 19:33
Everything you see about them is on the orange one,the silver model has a lower seat height,not much help for me,but at least it's under my ears!

Who needs to spel on the intanet? thats the hole point isn't it?

Voltaire
13th June 2015, 20:07
Hi Motu, hows the BMW?:laugh:

R650R
14th June 2015, 08:20
I saw a few of the new KTM 950? bike thingys, these things are supposed to be a road bikes. I think they look like the biking equivalent of SUVs.

If too many of these get on the road I can hear the tin can public going on about them. They are absurdly large and look ungainly.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :eek:

2/10 troll attempt lol....

The overweight Honda crossrunners would be the candidates for what your talking about, 'SUV" that never goes off road but looks the part lol

Laava
14th June 2015, 08:51
I don,t think he's listening.

Voltaire
14th June 2015, 14:17
2/10 troll attempt lol....

The overweight Honda crossrunners would be the candidates for what your talking about, 'SUV" that never goes off road but looks the part lol

2/10:2thumbsup.

I have to go back at least 10 years to find bikes that i might buy, newest one I have is a 1994 Ducati 900 SL.