PDA

View Full Version : Rough justice

Jackrat
29th July 2004, 17:50
Saw on TV the female security guard that shot an killed an attacker in OZ.
Seems she may be charged with murder. :rolleyes:
I suppose she will be charged because the scum bag was running away when she shot him once in the face an killed him.
I hope she gets off it because she was concussed,covered in her own blood and didn't know/see that her attacker was running away, not just taking a breather.
One can only hope huh.

merv
29th July 2004, 19:21
Wasn't he already in a car when she shot him? Kind of a bit too much after the event in the sense he was no longer posing a threat to her. I guess she needed to shoot him as he attacked her if that had been possible.

Jackrat
29th July 2004, 22:45
She shot him as he was getting in the car.
Going by how badly busted up she was I doubt she would of known what he was really doing.
I know which way I would vote on a jury anyway.

scumdog
30th July 2004, 02:36
Wasn't he already in a car when she shot him? Kind of a bit too much after the event in the sense he was no longer posing a threat to her. I guess she needed to shoot him as he attacked her if that had been possible.

The prick needed shot regardless!!! Good on her, hope she didn't waste too many bullets on the twat. :ar15:

Motoracer
30th July 2004, 09:24
She shot him as he was getting in the car.
Going by how badly busted up she was I doubt she would of known what he was really doing.
I know which way I would vote on a jury anyway.

Like you said, for all she knew, he could have been reaching for his gun from the car.

riffer
30th July 2004, 09:27
Its quite interesting this story.

I was sure that in today's PC world, she would have been given a medal and held up as an example to the feminist liberals everywhere :sly:

Mongoose
30th July 2004, 09:29
Like you said, for all she knew, he could have been reaching for his gun from the car.

From what I can gather, the thing against her is she had to walk to his car, he was no longer a threat to her personal safety. But, that does not mean to say he did not know the risk of robbing that place

jrandom
30th July 2004, 09:39
Good on ya Jack, I was gonna post a thread on this but you beat me to it.

I think it's pretty straightforward; the guy surprised her, knocked her down and ran off with the bag of cash (or whatever it was). She stood up, drew her pistol and shot him in the head as he got into his car.

Damn fine shooting if you ask me! Particularly when concussed and under huge stress.

Unfortunately it also probably counts as murder; using a weapon can be justified in self-defence, but shooting an attacker as they flee the scene is the classic example of what self-defence ISN'T.

Set against this we have the fact that she was obviously concussed from the attack and had no guarantee that he wasn't going to hop into his car and run her down, pull out a weapon and finish her off, etc.

Since someone is dead and there's a prima facie case, I think it's appropriate for her to be *charged* with murder so that the courts can decide on it, but I also think that acquittal would be the right outcome.

riffer
30th July 2004, 09:43
Totally agree with you jrandom.

SPman
30th July 2004, 11:55
Who cares if he was running away after the event! Shoot the prick. Good riddance!

750Y
30th July 2004, 12:02
the law will prevail. justice is another thing altogether.

spudchucka
30th July 2004, 20:42
A lot will depend on what the security guards belief at the time was. She may have believed that the guy was getting a gun to finish her off or going to run her over with his car. Secondly it will depend on whether she can convince a judge & jury that her beliefs were honestly held at the time. At least its one less criminal around to f**k with joe public.

maybe
31st July 2004, 06:39
Sad, she has been through enough without being charged for any thing, dirty scum bag crim deserved every thing he got , only problem I can see is that it was most probably a fast end to him, damn no suffering :2thumbsup