PDA

View Full Version : New helmet didn't arrive on time

Hawkeye
14th January 2007, 08:14
I've just bought a Caberg V2 from a place in the UK. Got it delivered to the outlaws (in the uk) so that the wifes god son could bring it out. The delivery of the helmet got delayed by 5 days and now he is in mid air (arrives today) minus said helmet.
Now I either have to pay the carriage to get it over here, or wait for until my wife goes back to see her parents in a couple of months time.

Bugger.

http://www.thehelmetplace.co.uk/acatalog/cabergv2graphicinfo.html

Cool helmet though. Has a 'fighter pilot' type internal visor which flips down via a lever on the side. No more fighting with sunnies.

Smokin
14th January 2007, 08:50
Thats a nice lid mate, bit of a bugga it missed the flight tho, I'd be gutted.

dawnrazor
14th January 2007, 13:22
thought you can get those lids in AMPS in auckland......

na only joking, nice lid - how do you know it'll fit ya?

postage isn't going to be outrageous, helmets are light, it was presumably delivered in a box anyways, make sure the packing is bloody good and pop it in the mail, might cost $50...your rels can pop into a PO and they'll tell you quick as.....I posted a bunch of stuff out here when I left the UK, as long as its not mad heavy its reasonably cheap

kro
14th January 2007, 16:15
Nice lid, I like the double visor idea. What colour are you getting?.

Toaster
14th January 2007, 16:25
Two things.... cool helmet dude, useful in the airforce too.

That brings me to the second thing, if we had a bloody air force, you would look the part and could get them to go pick the thing up for you.

Thanks to lefty Uncle H, well never see a real air force (i.e jets) hooning around our fair skies anymore.

Good luck getting it over to NZ.

peanuteater
14th January 2007, 18:38
Two things.... cool helmet dude, useful in the airforce too.

That brings me to the second thing, if we had a bloody air force, you would look the part and could get them to go pick the thing up for you.

Thanks to lefty Uncle H, well never see a real air force (i.e jets) hooning around our fair skies anymore.

Good luck getting it over to NZ.

yep, i second that one, been keeping my eyes out for a cessna to fly overhead, and see someone throw a grenade out of it :)

Dafe
14th January 2007, 19:03
yep, i second that one, been keeping my eyes out for a cessna to fly overhead, and see someone throw a grenade out of it :)

U shouldn't have to wait too long before Helen will have the replacement jets flying overhead......

Lou Girardin
15th January 2007, 06:03
thought you can get those lids in AMPS in auckland......

AMPS have the Schuberths, they're a bit better than Caberg's. Better price too, as in higher.

Hawkeye
15th January 2007, 11:58
Nice lid, I like the double visor idea. What colour are you getting?.

I went for the Black/Silver. It goes with the bike and the leathers.
I was hoping to get the lid now so that I could check out whether it was worth getting a replacement mirrored internal visor when the wife goes back. I'm already ordering a replacement clear so she can bring it back with her.