PDA

View Full Version : Ride Manfeild: 3 Feb 2007

GSVR
14th January 2007, 10:44
All motorcyclist are welcome to join the Ruapehu Motor Cycle Club for a day of fun at Manfield Raceway in Feilding on Saturday 03 of February 2007.

Registration starts at 8 AM

Entry $40 per rider to be paid on the day.

First session starts at 9 AM . Last Session at 4 PM

Slow Medium and Fast Sessions.

Refreshments will be available.

All glass , indicators etc must be taped up.

More info contact Barney 06 3578748 or Phil 06 3239747

http://www.coldkiwi.co.nz/index.php?page=news

Kendog
14th January 2007, 11:01
Wow, we are being spoilt.

Track day yesterday, this one in Feb and another in March.

Wicked :rockon:

Darkman
14th January 2007, 11:18
will definitely be there..

Freakshow
14th January 2007, 14:47
Bugger another one how great now all I need is a new bike!!!
3 track days this year GREAT

chanceyy
14th January 2007, 15:12
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

one never knows .. just been offered today a ............................... I will double check with his wife tomorrow to make sure i was not hearing things .. & it was a genuine offer :shutup:

Then I might need to talk nicely to a few freinds to get said ................ running ( meaning begging, pleading & what ever else it takes) :yes: :innocent:

_Gina_
14th January 2007, 15:18
just been offered today a ............................... I will double check with his wife tomorrow to make sure i was not hearing things .. & it was a genuine offer :shutup:

Sounds like you are elluding to a potential bike for you to ride Chanceyy....
:sunny:

chanceyy
14th January 2007, 15:23
Sounds like you are elluding to a potential bike for you to ride Chanceyy....
:sunny:

my lips are sealed til i sussed it out a bit more ...:shutup: was a bit farken stunned when it was mentioned :shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :shutup:

then it depends on how much my experienced mechanical bike friends luv me :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Fatjim
14th January 2007, 21:07
Mate, if the sevens weren't on I'd be there!

Skunk
14th January 2007, 21:16
Seven whats?

VasalineWarrior
14th January 2007, 21:27

Bollocks to the sevens. I missed the one this weekend and ive been meaning to get off my skinny ass and give manfield a go so this sounds like the perfect oppertunity :yes:

nickchilli
14th January 2007, 21:34
ill be there , hope the weather will be as good as saturdays ,

such a good crowd of bikers there to
:rockon:

98tls
15th January 2007, 06:09
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

one never knows .. just been offered today a ............................... I will double check with his wife tomorrow to make sure i was not hearing things .. & it was a genuine offer :shutup:

Then I might need to talk nicely to a few freinds to get said ................ running ( meaning begging, pleading & what ever else it takes) :yes: :innocent: Good stuff girl...............hope it works out for you................

Fatjim
15th January 2007, 07:51
Bollocks to the sevens. I missed the one this weekend and ive been meaning to get off my skinny ass and give manfield a go so this sounds like the perfect oppertunity :yes:
This sounds suspiciously like a man WHO HAS NO TICKETS!!!

Freakshow
15th January 2007, 08:03
Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a good day blatting around Manfield and made it home safely,

My little brother was up at Manfield taking some photos from the infield, they are posted here in small format: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15245567@N00/

If anyone is interested in the full size originals they can be purchased for a small fee of $3, this is only to cover his petrol costs to the track.
If your interested, email him directly Thenaughtebucket@hotmail.com

Cheers

MikeyG
17th January 2007, 17:23
The mighty GN and myself will be there on the 3rd. Not sure if on track or just visiting though. Manfield seems to be a fastish track and I'm not too sure if the GN could handle it

ajturbo
17th January 2007, 20:14
so gary... do you think luke will be allowed in this one???
he has his race licence..
and a bike.....?

Grub
19th January 2007, 11:18
so gary... do you think luke will be allowed in this one??? he has his race licence..and a bike.....?

I can't work out why he wasn't alllowed on the last one.

ajturbo
23rd January 2007, 12:23
I can't work out why he wasn't alllowed on the last one.
as he is only 14 ireally didn't want to piss anyone off and thought that an email to the organisers to ask for a "special " pass for luke ....

sound like a good idea?

Momentum
23rd January 2007, 13:23
lol the old guys might get abit pissed off when some little punk ass 14 year old goes flying by them on a 150 :scooter:

I would have come down for this but i am already booked into the moto tt one

Ps: tell luke I cant wait to kick his ass in street stock :yes:

ajturbo
23rd January 2007, 15:52
l

Don't you start... i'll never shut the little bugger up!!!!

bobsmith
30th January 2007, 20:21
Will try to be there. This might be the first track day I can actually make...

hang on, last time I said that, some idiot ran me over three days before the track day and broke my finger.....

chanceyy
30th January 2007, 20:26
Will try to be there. This might be the first track day I can actually make...

hang on, last time I said that, some idiot ran me over three days before the track day and broke my finger.....

moral of the story, dunna let anyone run over ya finger :killingme

Grub
30th January 2007, 22:55
7am at Shell Mana for a group ride up.

flame
1st February 2007, 10:58

sevens are 'poo', get on ya bike and come up with us:yes:

is anybody looking at going up Friday night??

Nasty
1st February 2007, 11:23
sevens are 'poo', get on ya bike and come up with us:yes:

is anybody looking at going up Friday night??

We would be photographing a wedding that day ... see you there though :)

bobsmith
1st February 2007, 21:28
Fuck this, now I've got a fucking chest infection.... no track day for me... AGAIN!!!

next time I'm not going to say anything and just turn up. I've decided it must be the work of a voodoo practitioner on KB who really doesn't want me to go to a track day...

Freakshow
2nd February 2007, 11:51
Bugger cant go Bike not is safe for track day mode. Warped Disk is making braking bad and wont be fixed in time!!!! Bugger there is always next month!!

fizzafulla
2nd February 2007, 15:27
Im going to the trackday but im broke so just going to take photos.
Can anyone explain how to make photos available via kiwibiker using a photo viewing site thing?

fizzafulla
3rd February 2007, 18:03
I took some photos at manfield today.
Weather was good, looked like fun out there.
Ive got some movies, might try and get a link to them tomorrow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83778924@N00/

mud boy
3rd February 2007, 18:10
lol the old guys might get abit pissed off when some little punk ass 14 year old goes flying by them on a 150 :scooter:

I would have come down for this but i am already booked into the moto tt one

You kick my ass what every me kick your ass

what a joke:rockon: to scared to try

cowboyz
3rd February 2007, 19:53

you rock. pic 100_0107 and 100_0119 are me. Dhunt PMed me last week and told me I should come along. Was in two minds about taking my bike on the track being more of a tourer rider than a street racer. I got home from work this morning and thought I would go watch Dhunt and co run round the track. When I got over there I thought why should I sit round all day watching while my bike was sitting right there and I could be riding it.

Well first time on track and it went well. Found parts of my tyres that I know I paid for but have never used before. Fantastic day. Stayed in the slow group for 3 sessions then moved on to the medium.

The first run was a welcome to the track for me. Real tame and just seeing how me and my bike reacted to the track surface and corners. Working out where the corners are and making sure that I kept the black on black. The session seemed to be over really quickly and found myself wanting more.

The wait for session 2 wasn't as long as I thought it would be. By the time I had a smoke and drink it was time to get back on the bike again. I had a more general idea of the track now so thought I should not waste too much more time and make the most of the track time. Bike felt great and I took Dhunts advise of not caneing it down the striaghts and working on corner speed. Seemed to go well. Got some clear track in front of me and felt great. Learnt heaps about my bike even though I have ridden it close on 35000km in the last year on the road. Session 3 was good too. Havent got a bad thing to say about it. Got passed a couple of times. Passed a couple of people. Didn't feel threatened by other riders on the track. Riders seemed to repect peoples space and no one did anything dodgey around me on the track anyhow.

Session 4 I moved up to the medium group. Got passed a few times. Found myself wanting more power to make up for my crap cornering. Fantastic day all round. Then after session 4 I turned round and went striaght back out in the free for all at the end.

Apart from the track time (which was great) it was great to meet a heap of new people in the stables. Many thanks to Dhunt, Andrew, 86gsxr,Chancey,Mr and mrs kendog, grub & co (sorry, forgot) sallo and mudboy. Really made a great day.

I have some photos but seem to have misplaced my PC to camera cable so cant download them at the moment. Hope I will find it soon.

GSVR
3rd February 2007, 19:56
Cheers to the Ruapehu M.C.C for putting on a really well run event. Maybe the fact there wasn't a huge turnout helped but today went really well with more tracktime than I could take even after missing a couple of sessions in the morning.

chanceyy
3rd February 2007, 20:13

great pics there .. :D

Kendog
3rd February 2007, 20:14
Couldn't agree more with you Cowboyz and Garry, that was a fantastic track day. Best one I have been to yet.

The groups were a good size and there was no carving up the insides today in the slow group. The sessions ran like clockwork and I got as much track time as I think I could cope with on one day.

I progressively got faster and in the last session scraped my peg (first time ever :Punk: ) All in all a great day.

I also took some photos, but was trying some different settings and the bikes were not very well focused damn it.
Will post a couple of the good wheelie pics soon.

Nasty
3rd February 2007, 20:24
Have to agree .. asesome time was had ... was fun being the rider this tiime around (thanks to the lover Grub loaning me his bike for the day) .... I was really impressed with how things were run .. and definately loved taking the time to meet and catch up with everyone .. and there are soooo bloody many :yes:

Kendog
3rd February 2007, 20:29
Nice show at lunch time :rockon:

Trudes
3rd February 2007, 20:35
What he said goes for me too, thanks to the Ruapehu M.C.C for an excellently well run day and a ton of fun! Nice to meet some new faces too!:sunny:

chanceyy
3rd February 2007, 20:39
well that was one blardy awesum day .. what can one say

met some more new faces .. hi cowboyz, vasaline warrior,

great to catch up with sum of the faces i know

excellently run day, fantastic weather (as my sunburn attests too)

& itching to get out there & give it a go next month, something to look forward too ;)

Grub
3rd February 2007, 20:39
Wow great day, even if I did spend it all watching ... it was Nasty's day at the track (on my bike!). Fairs fair, her bike is now 3 weeks in the hospital and looks like at least another week while they wait for an alternator gasket so it was just great to see her out on her first track day.:scooter:

I've taken about 600 shots today so I will spend some time tomorrow sorting them, dumping the rubbish, selecting the best and getting them up on our KiwiShotz site. Because there's so many, I'm going to post just the best shot of every bike on the track and then if you want more, I will certainly have some.

We've only just got home as we had a dinner to attend in Otaki ... thank god!!! SH1 is the pits! Jezz I wish bikes were stronger than horse transporters and House busses so we could run them off the road. There were 4 about a km apart, all doing 80kmh from Foxton until Otaki. AAARRRRGGGHHHH :brick:

Brett

Drew
3rd February 2007, 21:10
Nice show at lunch time :rockon:

Cheers loads for gettin those pics of me and JIM600. The other guy had some good ones, but yours are from less distanc. I had a wicked day, and I'm seriously thinkin of buying a Buell. That thing is great fun on one wheel.:yes:

Special thanks to my lady for lettin me Mair her bike. She's a keeper.

jimbo600
3rd February 2007, 22:05
A truly TRULY ripper day. Well done Ruahapehu wahatever thingy badabing MC club for putting on a well sorted day. Hell even my noisy can was allowed. And Kendog! Damn mofo, you'll be telling me how to take photos before too long. Settle down dude.

Grub
3rd February 2007, 22:18
In all the excitement and buzz of the day, we forgot the slightly unsettling note it finished on.

I hope she is better than she looked and that we hear it was just a bit too much sun and not enough water ... and nothing to do with having an off in the esses

I'm sorry that i don't know the riders name but I wish her a speedy recovery.

Kendog
3rd February 2007, 22:28
And Kendog! Damn mofo, you'll be telling me how to take photos before too long. Settle down dude.

Cheers.
Lots to learn yet, but really enjoying the results so far.

Kendog
3rd February 2007, 22:30
In all the excitement and buzz of the day, we forgot the slightly unsettling note it finished on.

I hope she is better than she looked and that we hear it was just a bit too much sun and not enough water ... and nothing to do with having an off in the esses

I'm sorry that i don't know the riders name but I wish her a speedy recovery.

Pain killers and alcohol do not mix I hear.

I hope she is ok as well. Was a top effort to ride the whole day after her off at the beginning.

Trudes
4th February 2007, 07:34
Was a top effort to ride the whole day after her off at the beginning.

Yeah she still whipped past me several times after her off:rockon: , dam woman get back in the kitchen, lol. (I think it could be that I'm just a premature nanna)!!:bye:

86GSXR
4th February 2007, 08:46
Yes, what a fantastic day. It was great to participate in a smooth well run ride and to put more faces to names. Very well behaved riding too. Memorable moment - being passed by Mudboy and getting a close up view of your pipe digging a small trench in the track, nice move:yes: And passing a certain Ashurst lad a couple of times, sorry mate:rockon:

Unmemorable moment - hitting a false neutral on the front straight and having to pull off the track - goddamn! If anyone knows what sort of gearbox carnage comes from this I'd appreciate any comments.

Good to meet the Kendogs, Grub, Nasty, Sallo and Mudboy. And many others. Thanks Chancyy and Cowboyz. Can't wait till the next one, although my tires probably can:gob: :rockon:

And hoping the lady rider is feeling better, not the best way to start your day.

MSTRS
4th February 2007, 09:21
Damn! I was so into going to this day (after missing the one a couple of weeks ago). Got the GSXR serviced with tappets needed doing, and whadaya know - it was spitting oil everywhere. Took it back and mechanic retightened everything, checked and tested - said was fine. Set off bright and early, get to Hastings and I stop to check things....oil everywhere. Of course, turns out the gasket is damaged and no replacement on the shelf so have to wait. Bugger it. When is the next one???

Grub
4th February 2007, 09:33
When is the next one???

March 4th, CDMTC again. This time its a Sunday for all those poor dudes working in bike shops .... it's your turn guys.

MSTRS
4th February 2007, 09:46
Thanks Grub. Third time lucky eh?

Kendog
4th February 2007, 10:30
Mrs KD (bless her) took some photos of the final medium group of the day. The pics came out pretty well considering how far she was from the track and I had messed with the camera settings before hand.

Here are the KB members we know of from that group.
Mud boy
Clivoris
Unknown (can't remember your KB name)
Kendog

Kendog
4th February 2007, 10:32
Some more KBers from the final medium group.
If you were also in this group, let me know we may have a pic of you as well.

cowboyz
86GSXR

Kendog
4th February 2007, 10:33
And last but not least, a nice artistic style photo (of me as well :rockon: )

Didn't she do well.

Trudes
4th February 2007, 10:41
Thanks honey:love: , considering my idea of photography is: point camera at target and press the button multiple times, take enough photos and the odds of at least one turning out ok increases!

chanceyy
4th February 2007, 10:54
Thanks honey:love: , considering my idea of photography is: point camera at target and press the button multiple times, take enough photos and the odds of at least one turning out ok increases!

well honey .. the way that camera was clicking away you would have got sum great shotz ..

& yup they look excellent .. (have not downloaded my motley lot yet)

roll on march 4th .. been out looking at muh bike this morning & we been talking about track days ;)

looking forward to my first sneak up the road tomorrow & getting her outta first gear ..hope I do not find any false neutrals :shutup: :innocent: :dodge:

MSTRS
4th February 2007, 11:26
Thanks Grub. Third time lucky eh?

NOOOOO! Now I remember that I will be in New Plymouth for a 30th birthday. Bugger!!

chanceyy
4th February 2007, 11:42
NOOOOO! Now I remember that I will be in New Plymouth for a 30th birthday. Bugger!!

well could always ride at trackday first then head on through to New Plymouth :shutup: :dodge:

cowboyz
4th February 2007, 11:58
Some more KBers from the final medium group.
If you were also in this group, let me know we may have a pic of you as well.

cowboyz
86GSXR

loving the photos. Thanks heaps for that.

MSTRS
4th February 2007, 12:56
well could always ride at trackday first then head on through to New Plymouth :shutup: :dodge:

'Do' is on the Sat night...maybe I will be too ill to attend (shhhh)

Clivoris
4th February 2007, 14:24
Great day. Kudos to Ruapehu MC. Thanks for putting it on team.
Great to put more faces to names here on KB and a big thankyou to those that took time to say gidday to my daughter Mihi. She's convinced that y'all are great peeps and as well as nagging me relentlessly about coming to all the track days and race-meetings, has increased the pressure for her own bike. Before I know it she'll be going out with some pimply bloody yoof who can pass me round the outside on the sweper:gob:

yungatart
4th February 2007, 14:27
Before I know it she'll be going out with some pimply bloody yoof who can pass me round the outside on the sweper:gob:

No need to worry mate, hXc already has a girl friend:innocent:

chanceyy
4th February 2007, 14:32
Great day. Kudos to Ruapehu MC. Thanks for putting it on team.
Great to put more faces to names here on KB and a big thankyou to those that took time to say gidday to my daughter Mihi. She's convinced that y'all are great peeps and as well as nagging me relentlessly about coming to all the track days and race-meetings, has increased the pressure for her own bike. Before I know it she'll be going out with some pimply bloody yoof who can pass me round the outside on the sweper:gob:

& a weeeee cutie she is too ;) ..

definate heartbreaker material in the making there mate

Clivoris
4th February 2007, 14:47
No need to worry mate, hXc already has a girl friend:innocent:
:lol: If only he was the only one I had to worry about. He's not a bad one either. At least he's far enough away.

& a weeeee cutie she is too ;) ..

definate heartbreaker material in the making there mate

Ssshh.:pinch: A wise man once said to me "If you don't want your daughter to go out with a dickhead, don't be a dickhead yourself". Apparently us dads set the standard. No pressure:sick:

yungatart
4th February 2007, 14:50
Don't be too complacent Clive - have wheels, will ride....

limbimtimwim
4th February 2007, 15:03
Nice show at lunch time :rockon:Oh that's so dangerous. What if those people fell off and got hurt!?! And the one making a rude gesture, he has offended me.

Terrible.

jealous jealous

Trudes
4th February 2007, 15:36

She is a real credit to you Clive!! What a sweety (and there are not too many kids I say that about!!):sunny: . You are obviously doing a great job.

Drew
4th February 2007, 15:51
Oh that's so dangerous. What if those people fell off and got hurt!?! And the one making a rude gesture, he has offended me.

Terrible.

jealous jealous

Perhaps if you'd been there, I would have been giving the thumbs up, but since not all the cool people such as yourself were not, my hand was forced.:dodge:

VasalineWarrior
4th February 2007, 18:09
I was there Drew, am I not cool enough? :yes:

Big THANK YOU to any persons from Ruapehu MC reading this who helped make this track day happen, best one ive been to yet! Pity that there weren't more people out on the track but this made for uncrowded riding for those of us that did attend. From someone who has only ridden Taupo a few times but watched a lot of races at manfield its a revalation just how fast the circuit is (specially that back sweeper-phwoar).

Have just bought a Hyosung 650 race bike so il be up there again soon to have another crack :Punk:

ceebie13
4th February 2007, 19:01
What a sweety (and there are not too many kids I say that about!!)

...except Nige of course!!

Sorry we didn't get there as intimated.
a) woke up late
b) it was pissin' down when I did wake up
c) didn't fancy getting wet or the bike dirty!

Must try harder. 0/10

Clivoris
4th February 2007, 20:20
I was there Drew, am I not cool enough? :yes:

Big THANK YOU to any persons from Ruapehu MC reading this who helped make this track day happen, best one ive been to yet! Pity that there weren't more people out on the track but this made for uncrowded riding for those of us that did attend. From someone who has only ridden Taupo a few times but watched a lot of races at manfield its a revalation just how fast the circuit is (specially that back sweeper-phwoar).

Have just bought a Hyosung 650 race bike so il be up there again soon to have another crack :Punk:

You gonna give the Vic Club Winter Series a go bro? Not gonna push me out of F3 qualifying are you?

Drew
4th February 2007, 20:47
I was there Drew, am I not cool enough?

No .

VasalineWarrior
4th February 2007, 23:14
You gonna give the Vic Club Winter Series a go bro? Not gonna push me out of F3 qualifying are you?

Dont know about that bro-but il be out there racing ya anyway! (whats an f3 fast lap time?)

And Drew-pulling the 'finger' is rude, stop it or il tell Vicky and you'll have no more nice buell to wheelie

Slingshot
5th February 2007, 08:18
Dont know about that bro-but il be out there racing ya anyway! (whats an f3 fast lap time?)

These were the times that I recorded for you, it was the last four laps of the medium session that you entered after lunch.
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 54pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=72 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 54pt" width=72><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 54pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right width=72 height=17 x:num="1.0092592592592592E-3">01:27.2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num="9.8842592592592602E-4">01:25.4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num="1.003472222222222E-3">01:26.7</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl22 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num="9.9768518518518479E-4">01:26.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Deano
5th February 2007, 08:27
(whats an f3 fast lap time?)

About 1.15 ???

Gunner
5th February 2007, 15:45
Most of them are taken in the slow group.

Gunner
5th February 2007, 15:56
more..................

flame
5th February 2007, 16:40
About 1.15 ???

Dont be disillusioned by Repsol Boys 1.15"s VasyWarrior!!! he's just worried ya might kick his butt:dodge:

Your times will drop really fast once your actually racing, somehow the mist sets in. You'll be doing sub 1.20's pretty quickly :yes: also when it's not your much prized roady bike, coz the fear of dropping a racebike just aint there the same:whocares:

mud boy
5th February 2007, 17:13
on my RG150 i was doing 1:35s and it was 2sco time at there:yes:

mud boy
5th February 2007, 18:00
Most of them are taken in the slow group.

why was the miden and fast too fast for the camra i was in the miden, slow was to slow for the RG150:yes:

Gunner
5th February 2007, 18:07
why was the miden and fast too fast for the camra i was in the miden, slow was to slow for the RG150:yes:

Na, Dad (et al) was out in the slow, and wanted me to take pics of him, so that was the only group I could be bothered taking photos of.

Trudes
5th February 2007, 18:11
Thanks Gunner, couple of pics of me in there making my slow way around the track, guess you've gotta start somewhere aye! Cheers!:rockon:

Velox
5th February 2007, 20:51
Dont be disillusioned by Repsol Boys 1.15"s VasyWarrior!!! he's just worried ya might kick his butt:dodge:

Your times will drop really fast once your actually racing, somehow the mist sets in. You'll be doing sub 1.20's pretty quickly :yes: also when it's not your much prized roady bike, coz the fear of dropping a racebike just aint there the same:whocares:

Hey Vicky its Joe here-managed a 1.24 before I finished up for the day (just before my almost highside) so am stoked with that. Cheers for the encouragement and will see you at the winter series!! (cant blimmin wait)

Deano
5th February 2007, 20:59
:Punk: :Punk:
Na, Dad (et al) was out in the slow, and wanted me to take pics of him, so that was the only group I could be bothered taking photos of.

Ya gotta beat ya Dad eh mate.........?

Hey Vicky its Joe here-managed a 1.24 before I finished up for the day (just before my almost highside) so am stoked with that. Cheers for the encouragement and will see you at the winter series!! (cant blimmin wait)

By 1.15s I was referring to 'fast' Glen Williams et al on worked SV650's.

My best on shitty old CBR400 is 1.21s but it's all good fun.

From what Pete says, there could be some good old Brotherly rivalry between you and David ??

Who will be Clubman's and who will be F3 ?

As long as you beat that Goth chick on the Buell.....:Punk:

flame
5th February 2007, 21:12
:
As long as you beat that Goth chick on the Buell.....:Punk:

Listen here Pa! Buell was doin sub 1.19's bwahahahaha......on one wheel!!!:yes:

Grub
6th February 2007, 00:15
There are 144 images just added to our Ruapehu Trackday gallery. I'm going to apologise in advance for those with motion blur, they'd normally be rejects but not this time as they represent some poor sod sweating their way around the track and I figure you'd rather have a not-sharp pic than none at all.

http://www.kiwishotz.co.nz/Ruapehu MC - Trackday.htm

These posted images are very low resolution ones of the real thing so if you'd like a print or high resolution image, drop me a PM.

If there's not an image of you posted here, it's likely I do have one as i shot 639 images. Drop me a PM and I'll see if I can find it.

Brett

Trudes
6th February 2007, 06:51
Holy shit, those are some nice pics there Grub, nice one!!! (and you actually got one of me going around a corner, I'm :gob: !)

chanceyy
6th February 2007, 08:20
ditto what trudie said .. great pics all right :D

mud boy
6th February 2007, 17:17

at less you got some good pics :Punk: to bad you wasit racing:dodge:

et al
6th February 2007, 21:32
at less you got some good pics :Punk: to bad you wasit racing:dodge:
No need to feel sorry for Gunner - he was able to get some laps in on his new toy. And I returned the favour by getting at least one pic of him - that's him on the red CBR racebike in last pic of his second picture post.

mud boy
7th February 2007, 05:40
No need to feel sorry for Gunner - he was able to get some laps in on his new toy. And I returned the favour by getting at least one pic of him - that's him on the red CBR racebike in last pic of his second picture post.

nice pic,thats good to here:rockon:

cowboyz
7th February 2007, 20:05
1. andrews gsxr600
2.jimbo600
3.deano
4. wide shot of track

cowboyz
7th February 2007, 20:06
5. on dummy grid. starting left to right at front.

Cowboyz (me) Andrew
Kendog Mrs Kendog
nasty ?

6. Andrews gsxr600
7. DHUNT gsxr600

I gave my camera to andrews mate so alot of shots of him on it.

Nasty
7th February 2007, 20:26
5. on dummy grid. starting left to right at front.

Cowboyz (me) Andrew
Kendog ?
Grubs partner? ?

6. Andrews gsxr600
7. DHUNT gsxr600

I gave my camera to andrews mate so alot of shots of him on it.

Hi Cowboyz .. Grubs partner is me ... Nasty ... nice shot :) and that is Kendog ...

cowboyz
7th February 2007, 20:40
Nasty. that was the name i was looking for. And yeah. I know Kendog now. The tabbing didn't work with that one. The ? is for the guy next to him and the one next to you.

Trudes
7th February 2007, 20:42
The guy next to Kendog would be his wife.:shutup:

cowboyz
7th February 2007, 20:46
Oops. sorry,. I knew that!! Actually, I didn't.

In my defence I only met you in the stables not around your bike.

Slingshot
7th February 2007, 21:05
1. andrews gsxr600
2.?
3.?
4. wide shot of track

2 = Jimbo600
3 = Deano

cowboyz
7th February 2007, 21:11
thanks for filling that in. I didnt meet anyone in the fast group.

Trudes
8th February 2007, 06:07
In my defence I only met you in the stables

That's what all the boys say....... :shutup: :innocent:

mud boy
8th February 2007, 12:06
you have got to be joke there is one pic of me and the pic is not me in the font its the guy in font of me:angry: :angry:

mud boy
8th February 2007, 13:01
i mean that my bike is not that fast on the start but on the coners i blow the big bikes away thats y i when to the medium group

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 15:24
dotn blame me. I wasnt the one holding on to the camera. .....

mud boy
8th February 2007, 15:43
dotn blame me. I wasnt the one holding on to the camera. .....

im not blaming you im blaming the other f@#king camera mans i saw 4 but did thay take pic of me NO! thay looked at me and said hes going to fast for the cameras or his bike look small so it mass go slow.:angry: :angry:

when you a 14 year old kid like me you wont to see pic of your salf so you can see were you can imporve but NO how Crease about the kid and i was the only kid racing there

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 16:01
i would have liked a pic of me in the corner to see where the bike is and where I am on it. I dont hang off the bike and tend to run to the edge of the tyres quite quickly. Maybe next time.

mud boy
8th February 2007, 16:18
i would have liked a pic of me in the corner to see where the bike is and where I am on it. I dont hang off the bike and tend to run to the edge of the tyres quite quickly. Maybe next time.

if you hang of the bike more you run to the edge of the tyres so if you hang of the bike as much as you can less likey to run to the edge of the tyres

Kendog
8th February 2007, 16:30
im not blaming you im blaming the other f@#king camera mans i saw 4 but did thay take pic of me NO! thay looked at me and said hes going to fast for the cameras or his bike look small so it mass go slow.:angry: :angry:

when you a 14 year old kid like me you wont to see pic of your salf so you can see were you can imporve but NO how Crease about the kid and i was the only kid racing there

Whats up little man?

Are you referring to the picture (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52641&d=1170541749) Mrs KD took of you?

mud boy
8th February 2007, 16:45
Whats up little man?

Are you referring to the picture (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52641&d=1170541749) Mrs KD took of you?

THANK YOU so much have you go any more....im going to save that one:love::rockon:

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 16:47
if you hang of the bike more you run to the edge of the tyres so if you hang of the bike as much as you can less likey to run to the edge of the tyres

you might want to rephrase that. lost in translation somewhere??????

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 16:49

laffing stop ya bleating & check out your camera .... I am sure there is one or two on mine ... but not gonna post them now ;):shutup: :innocent:

Kendog
8th February 2007, 17:03
THANK YOU so much have you go any more....im going to save that one:love::rockon:

Yep, will send you a PM

Kendog
8th February 2007, 17:09
And here is a picture of the sidecar that was ripping round the track.

That bike could move :shit:

mud boy
8th February 2007, 17:11
you might want to rephrase that. lost in translation somewhere??????

sorry if you hang of the bike as much as you can less likey to run to the edge of the tyres thats what i meant

Panther
8th February 2007, 17:37
hey sandra what about that choice as one you got of me??:yes:

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 17:48
sorry if you hang of the bike as much as you can less likey to run to the edge of the tyres thats what i meant

yeah, theroy is there. Practice not so much. But then i am a tourer rider not a street racer I tend to stay put on the seat. Hence would be nice to have some mid corner photos to see what I am doing.

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 18:00
hey sandra what about that choice as one you got of me??:yes:

ummmmmm not sure which camera that ended up on ... will check with Alistair cause i am sure its on his ;)

I had three camera's mine, mudboy & 86gsxr ... but I am sure the one you want is on his ... Alistair have you downloaded them yet ??????????

mud boy
8th February 2007, 18:00
yeah, theroy is there. Practice not so much. But then i am a tourer rider not a street racer I tend to stay put on the seat. Hence would be nice to have some mid corner photos to see what I am doing.

that less your out there and doing it.
you dont have to be a racer like me

86GSXR
8th February 2007, 21:09
ummmmmm not sure which camera that ended up on ... will check with Alistair cause i am sure its on his ;)

I had three camera's mine, mudboy & 86gsxr ... but I am sure the one you want is on his ... Alistair have you downloaded them yet ??????????

Hey guys:yes:

Yep, I've downloaded some and will try and post them here! This is my first attempt at pic posting so here's hoping! I have a ridicuously slow pic programme and dialup doesn't help either! I'd get a new computer and broadband if I didn't have bikes, boats, guitars, and a gas sucking V6 cage to keep me broke:yes:

Here goes - I hope!:calm:

Some time later!

Yes, I managed it! Thank god for that that:yes:

Sallo, enjoy:yes:

et al
8th February 2007, 21:10
For what its worth - here are some distance shots (courtesy of Gunner ) of bikes coming out of sweeper onto front straight. I think Cowboyz is in those and MudBoy also appears in one?

Kendog
8th February 2007, 21:12
For what its worth - here are some distance shots (courtesy of Gunner ) of bikes coming out of sweeper onto front straight. I think Cowboyz is in those and MudBoy also appears in one?

And the mystery house.

Slingshot
8th February 2007, 21:13
Here's one of the laps that I recorded on the bullet cam, it was the first session out and I had really got my groove on.

You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MMZI4DaoUw)

I'm pretty sure that it's CrazyLittleShit that I'm following through the esses.

When I free up some space on the hard drive, I'll capture some more footage off the tape and post it.

et al
8th February 2007, 21:17
By the way - notice how that house with balcony overlooking the sweeper always appears in these shots but I could not see the bloody thing when standing trackside. I mentioned it to the Kendogs because somebody had remarked on it after seeing it in some photos from last track day - the Kendogs could not see it with the naked eye(s) either. Do you think it might be one of those spooky apparitions that only appears in photos (or maybe we needed to move along a bit, but that would spoil a good story).

et al
8th February 2007, 21:18
And the mystery house.

Ah - you bet me to it while I was typing up a good story, hope no one tells us it actually exists.

Slingshot
8th February 2007, 21:24
Ah - you bet me to it while I was typing up a good story, hope no one tells us it actually exists.

That was me talking about it last time...and I too specifically made a point of looking for it...and it is there...think from memory I spotted it from the infield when we were waiting to come off the track.

Kendog
8th February 2007, 21:26
Sweet video Slingshot.

When it first started I thought you had caught an accident on film. The realised it was the sidecar.

All it needs is sound.

Slingshot
8th February 2007, 21:34
All it needs is sound.

I thought I had the sound sorted, built a preamp with a mic and it bench tested all right. Didn't think about interference though and didn't use screened cable or ferrite rods so it overloaded it when the bike was running...hence no sound.

Working on that wee problem though so should have sound sorted for next time.

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 21:39
Hey guys:yes:

Yep, I've downloaded some and will try and post them here! This is my first attempt at pic posting so here's hoping! I have a ridicuously slow pic programme and dialup doesn't help either! I'd get a new computer and broadband if I didn't have bikes, boats, guitars, and a gas sucking V6 cage to keep me broke:yes:

Here goes - I hope!:calm:

Some time later!

Yes, I managed it! Thank god for that that:yes:

Sallo, enjoy:yes:

ya did well then they look good LOL so talented you are .. riding & getting pics :killingme

dunna look at those pics Alistair .. that heap of shit that cowboyz rides is in front of you every shot:dodge: ... mind you we know the times you both did .. & who kicked ass ;) :shutup: :innocent:

86GSXR
8th February 2007, 21:41
you have got to be joke there is one pic of me and the pic is not me in the font its the guy in font of me:angry: :angry:

Hey Mudboy!

Is this one of you out the front? Hope so:yes:

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 21:48
dunna look at those pics Alistair .. that heap of shit that cowboyz rides is in front of you every shot:dodge: ... mind you we know the times you both did .. & who kicked ass ;) :shutup: :innocent:

I wonder about your clock. According to the 1:35 of 86gsx and my 1:52 he should have been lapping me twice a session?

It was fun anyway.

86GSXR
8th February 2007, 21:55
ya did well then they look good LOL so talented you are .. riding & getting pics :killingme

Oops, sorry about that camera woman:yes:

Well, as the briefing went, it wasn't a race:mellow: And besides, that's probably Cowboyz getting lapped:dodge: :yes:

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 21:55
I wonder about your clock. According to the 1:35 of 86gsx and my 1:52 he should have been lapping me twice a session?

It was fun anyway.

nah mate yours was 1.48 on a reg basis ... Alistairs was around the 1:35 on reg basis ..

but remember you both knew that i was timing you that session .. others nadda .. & previous you guys in same session .. for the lapping Alistair was in the medium group so that would lift his time sessions anyhow ;) .. but you guys did good regardless ... roll on march :D

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 21:59
its all good. my wife is talking about coming along in march so you will have to be nice.

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 22:01
Oops, sorry about that camera woman:yes:

:spanking: ok i might forgive you :lol:

Well, as the briefing went, it wasn't a race:mellow: And besides, that's probably Cowboyz getting lapped:dodge: :yes:

:shutup: was it not :whistle: hmmm male hormones & competitive nature hmmmm & no racing ... tui add .. :killingme

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 22:04
its all good. my wife is talking about coming along in march so you will have to be nice.

be great to met her .. & we are always nice ;) :dodge: .............................................. well most of the time

mud boy
8th February 2007, 22:05
holeyshit 1 more pic of me, keep them coming:rockon:

chanceyy
8th February 2007, 22:09
holeyshit 1 more pic of me, keep them coming:rockon:

did ya get that tire on tonite ok luke ??

86GSXR
8th February 2007, 22:21
It was fun anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was:yes:

I've found some good pics of you too! May have some more I can dig out as well:Punk:

mud boy
8th February 2007, 22:27
Hey Mudboy!

Is this one of you out the front? Hope so:yes:

Im 4th but you sill got me thank the bike is geared 16 on the font of my bike and the other RG150 was 17 on the font so he was faster on the strat than me and he keep geting Further and further a way.

thank you for the pic mate.:rockon:

cowboyz
8th February 2007, 22:58
It was fun anyway.

Yes, it was:yes:

I've found some good pics of you too! May have some more I can dig out as well:Punk:[/QUOTE]

cheers. Nice photos.

Slingshot
9th February 2007, 17:41
Another short clip. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f27wZLuBXQ)..this one is of the side car passing me coming out of the hairpin.

Slingshot
24th February 2007, 09:13
That guy that was taking photos on the infield has got the pics up online now, here's the link to the gallery: http://www.urbanmagpie.co.nz/gallery/catid,7/

Only problem is that he charges for the prints.