PDA

View Full Version : Womens & kids trial

Dutchee
14th January 2007, 18:27
Next Sunday (21st) is a women's & kids' trial around south Auckland way (not really, it's south of the bombays but north of everything else - around the area they hold the Franklin Cup).
If anyone is keen, PM or email me for details (I'll have to track down an email I received).
Should be good for a giggle & hopefully a decent turnout.

Edbear
14th January 2007, 19:19
Whose on the jury...?:sunny:

Motu
14th January 2007, 19:32
Orere Point? Who's putting this on?

Henk
14th January 2007, 20:15
Pasted from email ex Peter Boetcher

Ladies and Kids
Trials School
SUNDAY 21 January 2007
Venue: James's Place, 943 Tahuna Road, Ohinewai
Signposted from State Highway 1 at the new Ohinewai Flyover
Start: 10:30
How much?: $10:00 Ladies : $ 5:00 Kids
Must Have
: Helmet
: Boots (or gumboots)
: Need a Bike? (Ring Yvonne)

All Welcome
BBQ (bring your own Drink)
SEE YOU THERE

!No Pets Please!

Henk
14th January 2007, 20:24
Motu

If you didn't get that email, I assume you also didn't get the Aucklnad trials calendar. If you want a copy PM me your email address and I'll send it on.

Motu
14th January 2007, 21:48
I usualy get Peter's emails at work,I'll check tomorrow and if I haven't got it I'll get it from you.

The James property is really nice,we had a bit of a training thing there this time last year....stinking hot and the ground was hard.

Dutchee
22nd January 2007, 21:06
What can I say? Disappointing turnout amongst kids (2 plus 1 young girl who rode with the women). I thought the kids would outnumber the women, but no.
Awesome day, a lot of laughs, a lot of confidence built up.
Some of the women had never ridden before & to see them at the end of the day was impressive - you go girls :)
Hopefully at the event/training this weekend (couldn't quite figure out which it is) there will be more women & maybe a couple even trying some sections (I'm aiming to give it a go for once - it might encourage others to give it a go after seeing me stuff the basics up, dunno, might put them off, too).
A huge thank you to James, Yvonne & Warren for everything, it was muchly appreciated. Top event. Looking forward to more (but hopefully without the bike deciding she'd had enough of my crap riding).
Michelle