PDA

View Full Version : >>>>>50cc SCOOTER WANTED<<<<<<

Motoracer
4th June 2003, 18:11
I am looking for a 50cc scooter thats cheap and reliable for the odd jobs around town. It has to have a WOF and a Rego. I am willing to spend around 600 for 1.

Motoracer
6th June 2003, 17:06
Sorry, just found out that 50ccs don't need WOF so wof is not required. However good tires, brakes and all the rest would be nice.

Kwaka-Kid
6th June 2003, 23:18
its not dependant on the cc rating its on the HP, i think Sub 2HP (THINK) (btw that is genrally 50cc anyways) you dont need a WOF as such, but has to be up to a certain standerd, it used to be that the tyres only need visable tread.. but now they are chaning/have chagned to be like bikes/cars,&nbsp; anyways i reckon the bloody things are lethal! ive riddin 2 scooters in my life, and both were the most scarey things on the road! Suzuki FJ50 (i think) top speed of maybe 60 downhill.. damn cars just overtake you... and a BGM BigMax90, top speed of around 80 downhill (maybe 65 flat) and that was prolly worse coz those tiny little wheels are friggin dangerous! and the whole seating thing is weird too :S.. but i understand economy etc etc :) so fair enough.

Marmoot
7th June 2003, 07:04
I agree. FXR150 is way safer than those 50cc if you are planning to go on the public road. Especially the crowded downtown ones.
Most of cars don't have any sympathy for 50ccs.
Becareful.

eNZed Fred
7th June 2003, 08:16
Rip into it, they're great.&nbsp; There's lots of dangerous shit-boxes out there, so I would always put one through a bike shop for a WOF anyway.&nbsp; This will pick up some safety items that aren't always easy to see.

The horsepower (kilowattage ?) determines if it is a moped (scooter), so looking like a scooter isn't enough.&nbsp; Check the rego sticker.

They come as N class or G class.

One is a motorcycle that will cost $280 odd a year for rego, the other $80.

Go for it.

Racey Rider
7th June 2003, 08:50
Originally posted by eNZed Fred
[BThey come as N class or G class.

One is a motorcycle that will cost $280 odd a year for rego, the other $80.[B]

Would one of those Yamaha YZR50 race replica mini bikes be classed as a scooter, and fall into the $80 rego catagory? Does anyone know? Always wanted one of those. (Don't worry wkid_one, I won't be asking to come on one of your big rides on it!!):cool:

Antallica
7th June 2003, 10:53
Originally posted by Marmoot
I agree. FXR150 is way safer than those 50cc if you are planning to go on the public road. Especially the crowded downtown ones.
Most of cars don't have any sympathy for 50ccs.
Becareful.

I loove my FXR150 :D

bikerboy
7th June 2003, 12:34
Hey, Racey, I know a guy who wants to sell his 50 cc bike.
It looks just like a ducati 916, but is smaller and only 50cc.

Don't know if your interested or not but it is a nice bike in great condition.

:D

Motoracer
7th June 2003, 19:58
Yea the legal limit for a scooter with out a warrent is 2kw. I just need one cause its actually for my office. So other people with out a motorcycle licence will be able to use it as well. It use to be fun doing the runs on my 400 but now I have turned it in to race bike. So I need some thing cheap and economical for all the people at my work.

Plus I had a go on a nifty fity and the front comes up easier than a 600-1000cc sports bike.:p