PDA

View Full Version : Bandit 250 stalling issue

bounce
16th January 2007, 08:29
Hi guys. A mate has just bought a Suzuki Bandit 250 (1990) and is having some problems with it stalling a lot. It idles pretty low, around 800rpm I think so I was thinking that maybe increasing the idle speed would be a good starting point?

Hoping that some of the other bandit owners could give me some thoughts, anything else it is likely to be?

Also if anyone could take a picture of where the idle adjustment screw is that would be awesome :)

Cheers

Wasp
16th January 2007, 08:55
idle is on the left hand side, between the fuel tap and the forks - big long thing that stick out - proper idle is either 1,600 or 1,800 i forget which

possibly carbs need a clean, is he in wellington too? prehaps come out for the bays ride tonight and i'll take a look?

bounce
16th January 2007, 09:27
wicked, thanks for that. Yes he is in Wgtn but has not got licence yet so not up for the ride. I rode it the other day and it is stalling every time you come up to an intersection and put in the clutch so idle is probably a good start. If no go with this can I come back to you re how to take a look at the carbs?

thanks mate.
ben

crazybigal
16th January 2007, 09:32
what wasp said. turn the idle up to at least 1200 id say carbs need a good clean. has it been sitting for a while?

Wasp
16th January 2007, 09:51
sure mate, come back any time - prehaps you would like to meet me before the ride (or after?) and take me to his place so i can check it out?

I finish work at 5, i work in lower hutt, ride is at 6:10 so got about half an hour to play with it :D

DingDong
16th January 2007, 10:26
my guess - floats need adjusting, also make sure its not running with the choke on

bounce
16th January 2007, 10:31
sure mate, come back any time - prehaps you would like to meet me before the ride (or after?) and take me to his place so i can check it out?

I finish work at 5, i work in lower hutt, ride is at 6:10 so got about half an hour to play with it :D

Sweet, I'll have a word to the owner and see what he thinks. Might try just the idle in the first instance and maybe take it out for a longer run.

Where are you riding this evening?
thanks for that.

Wasp
16th January 2007, 10:35
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2007-1-16&e=1103&c=1

toymachine
20th January 2007, 14:13
Does it have flatspots all over the place?

Mine did, and had similar issues stalling like that.. airfilter was fucked.