PDA

View Full Version : Oldie just getting started (Liz Davis)

Liz Davis
16th January 2007, 11:04
Hi just met Michelle at Lake ferry so thought I should make contact. I'm a little old to be starting and haven't ridden for 32yrs but keen to join in sometime. Im just starting on a GN250 but who no's
:scooter: I've done my 1st trip over to Lake Ferry before Xmas so would like to have another go.
Regards Liz
P.S thanks for your email Michelle and great to meet ya

LilSel
16th January 2007, 11:05
Welcome to KB!! :D

Good on ya for getting back into it....
Never too old!!! :rockon:

SDU
16th January 2007, 11:18
Welcome to the nuthouse Liz.
Plenty of oldies around this place just getting started/back into bikes again so don't let it worry you. There's bound to be some local rides your way. Have fun on your GN:scooter: .

Ixion
16th January 2007, 11:19
Welcome. Another GN. Excellent, a splendid choice.

V4ME
16th January 2007, 11:29
Welcome Liz - Two wheels - gotta be good for you!! (Keeps you young)
Age no problem - I have also recently started ag:Punk: ain after a 20 year layoff.

apteryx_haasti
16th January 2007, 11:37
HI and welcome! Keep an eye on the "Ladies of Wellington/Wairarapa...." thread (here's the link: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=39652). Looks like another ride is being cooked up in there.

The last ladies ride was excellent - looking forward to meeting you!

(PS - I'm also in the Hutt area (Eastbourne) if you ever want a riding buddy!)

Keystone19
16th January 2007, 11:38
Welcome and enjoy your ride...:rockon:

skelstar
16th January 2007, 12:06
Welcome Liz.

Alice
16th January 2007, 12:40
Hi and yu never to old for anything, its all a state of mind.

Another lady on a bike is good, .....the more bums on seats the better, may help inspire others to ride, .........both sexes.

Less cars.........is what we want.

yungatart
16th January 2007, 12:51
Plenty of older bikers returning to the fold on here. Welcome! But don't feed the trolls...

riffer
16th January 2007, 13:42
Welcome Liz. Plenty of mature riders on GN250s here.

Check out Buckbuck's training blog here for a great read on the subject and a lot of good tips.

mstriumph
16th January 2007, 13:50
Hiya Liz - and welcome!

Don't sweat it, gal ........age ain't nothing but a number!:sunny:

hmmmm 'mature riders'? good GRIEF riffer!!

terbang
16th January 2007, 14:04
Oh great another old fart. We'll have em out numbered shortly..!

Welcome and enjoy the riding Liz..
Cheers Bruce

phantom
16th January 2007, 14:23
You are never too old to start again and I reckon a GN is as good a way as any. Welcome from yet another old phart

elle-f
16th January 2007, 15:52
I am Michelle of course!! Hey Liz and isn't it amazing how quickly the conversation turned to bikes!

Lissa
16th January 2007, 16:24
Hey ya Liz!! Welcome... will see you at some rides sometime! :Punk:

Korea
16th January 2007, 16:45
Welcome aboard~!

Bonez
16th January 2007, 16:51
Welcome. Go the mighty GN!

MSTRS
16th January 2007, 18:25
... don't feed the trolls...

Who's that trittrotting over my bridge. Ooooh yummy, another girl. Don't be nervous - it does say that I only bite 'sometimes':devil2:

KATWYN
16th January 2007, 18:31
Age? its all relative.

Welcome to the site Liz

Blueskies
16th January 2007, 19:41
Welcome Liz. Two wheels and the road . . . . . . works every time

NighthawkNZ
16th January 2007, 19:46
Welcome to KB, heaps of info on this site, and some great people... even up north :dodge: :innocent:

Yah never to old to start riding again, and the GN is a great wee bike to get back into it.

Have fun, join in on some of the rides :D:scooter:

MVnut
16th January 2007, 19:49
Welcome to KB Liz:scooter:

trumpy
16th January 2007, 19:53
Came back a year ago after 28yrs away - best thing I ever did! Hope it works the same for you. Welcome to the site.

Meanie
16th January 2007, 20:02
Hey Liz welcome to the nut house You will meet a large bunch of awesome people, gotta be good :yes:

granma2
29th January 2007, 18:00
Hi Liz, welcome to KB's and to a new era in life.
Glad I'm not the only oldie out riding.
I have got back into riding on the road in the last three years and have even been on a race track with an old GS125 Bucket.
I am really enjoying it. Something I have always dreamed of, but not something I would have ever thought I could do.
Enjoy your bike and your new found freedom. LOL. :yes:

merv
29th January 2007, 18:26
Hi Liz and welcome to KB, but as of me writing this you had still only done the one post. Are you ever going to come back and post some more words?

Her_C4
29th January 2007, 19:03
Age? its all relative.

Welcome to the site Liz

Ditto!! Welcome aboard :yes: Enjoy that GN :scooter:

Lteejay
29th January 2007, 20:54
Welcome to the site - hope you get as much inspiration from it as I have

ceebie13
29th January 2007, 21:31
Welcome Liz. Plenty of mature riders on GN250s here.

...and one or two immature ones on much bigger machines will crop up too, but just ignore 'em! (Not a slant on you Riff.):sunny:
Welcome Elizabeth!

Alice
30th January 2007, 11:59
Oh great another old fart. We'll have em out numbered shortly..!

Welcome and enjoy the riding Liz..
Cheers Bruce

Theres seems to be a lot of talk from people about being an old fart.
What I want to know is at what magic age are you suddenly meant to be classified as an old fart ?

yungatart
30th January 2007, 12:03
Theres seems to be a lot of talk from people about being an old fart.
What I want to know is at what magic age are you suddenly meant to be classified as an old fart ?

Anyone 5 years older than you is an old fart - unless you happen to be under 20 and then anyone 2 years older than you is an old fart!

mstriumph
30th January 2007, 12:07
Anyone 5 years older than you is an old fart - unless you happen to be under 20 and then anyone 2 years older than you is an old fart! hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm ..... guess that means that anyone INSIDE those parameters less than 5 or 2 years older, respectively ---- or *gasp* 'your' age] is just a fart? :innocent:

.... gotta keep the record straight ........

mstriumph
30th January 2007, 12:10
...and one or two immature ones on much bigger machines will crop up too..................!

:confused: ...:whistle: :o ...................:blah:

merv
30th January 2007, 12:19
... and anyone that is a grandmother must be an oldatart I reckon.

Still where is Liz she's still on her first post?

crashe
30th January 2007, 12:24

Yep I noticed that as well.........

This lot have scared her away already......... with all that 'old farting'
Gee you guys and gals, can you at least use a air freshener in the room after stinking it out.
:rofl: :rofl:

Or did she wander down the hall, and get dragged into room 2......
We all know who is in Room 2 and how unsafe it is.......

Who will be brave enough to venture in there to rescue her. :whistle:

ManDownUnder
30th January 2007, 12:32
hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm ..... guess that means that anyone INSIDE those parameters less than 5 or 2 years older, respectively ---- or *gasp* 'your' age] is just a fart? :innocent:

.... gotta keep the record straight ........

Not sure - coz I stink but I think it's just my fashion sense - or way with women. Yah - go figure.

ceebie13
30th January 2007, 16:04

...if she's like me, she's still trying to find her glasses. Either that or Altzheimers has set in and she can't remember posting in the first place!:shutup:

kevfromcoro
30th January 2007, 20:10
how old is old?? i sorted started noticing it when old age pensioners started to say hello to me..makes u feel old..well i can still ride..nah// not old...can still whellie a bike.....biking is fun.... no matter how old u are......and wot u ride.......quote....u are only as old as the women u feal..........looking forward 2 meeting a few of the KBs.....westpac.....Ride safe KEV

granma2
31st January 2007, 20:31
... and anyone that is a grandmother must be an oldatart I reckon.

Oy! who you calling an 'oldatart'! LOL

Ixion
31st January 2007, 20:41
Now now, remember, that you do not age whilst riding a motorcycle. Law of physics, something to do with quantum I expect, like time getting shorter at the speed of light. Or summit. Anyway, itz a well known fact, scientifically proven, n all that. Anyway, you can knock the total hours spent in the saddle off your nominal age. 'Tis how I get down to double figures.

So that means that grandmas who ride motorcycles still class as young ladies. in fact chatting them up probably puts you at risk under the grooming laws.

merv
31st January 2007, 21:10
Oy! who you calling an 'oldatart'! LOL

Anyone that's not a Yungatart any more eh!

oldrider
31st January 2007, 21:26
Welcome aboard KB and happy days riding your gn.

Don't worry about getting too old to ride your bike, I don't see too well so I have painted my tyre walls white to indicate blind man driving! :rockon:

There is always a way to overcome our age deficiencies to keep on riding. :ride: Cheers John.

merv
31st January 2007, 21:34
Nah no luck, Liz is still scared of us and hasn't posted again.