16th January 2007, 12:09
Anyone going to the Kiwi track day at Manfield this Friday

Keystone19
16th January 2007, 12:12
Yep, me and Cleve Brown will be there.

Forecast looks great!!

Ivan
16th January 2007, 13:02
yeah i kinda hope the forcast is great as I want to really put some pre nats lap times in.

Me and my brother are both going to be there 2 RS125 GP bikes Both Black #59 is me.

Should be good 100 bucks for the day but its worth it
:rockon:

Keystone19
16th January 2007, 13:07
Yep, that's my aim too. See if I can get my lap times within qualifying times.

Keystone19
17th January 2007, 10:27
Any one else coming to this?

Just heard that there are still places left and there will be heaps of track time!

jimbo600
17th January 2007, 11:34
Whats the cost?

Keystone19
17th January 2007, 11:36
$100 Jimbo

www.kiwitrackdays.co.nz

Bit more expensive than the Manawatu days being currently run unfortunately.

These guys run a great day and give away some excellent prizes.

Leong
17th January 2007, 13:49
Hope more turn up than last Thursday.....for Steves sake.

I've found a way to get there... Hope to see you there again Jimbo - with baffle available if needed!!

Keystone19
17th January 2007, 13:51
yay Leong! See you there!

jimbo600
17th January 2007, 14:47
Hope more turn up than last Thursday.....for Steves sake.

I've found a way to get there... Hope to see you there again Jimbo - with baffle available if needed!!

Yeah I put the baffle in. Fuckers stuck in there now though. No worries though has I guess if it was too loud for the track then its definately too loud for the road.

Leong
18th January 2007, 12:24
There's a set tyres (Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3s last time) to be given away tomorrow... looks like there should be good odds to win!!

Deano
18th January 2007, 12:35
Yep, that's my aim too. See if I can get my lap times within qualifying times.

Is there a qualifying time ? What is it ?

cowpoos
18th January 2007, 16:06
Is there a qualifying time ? What is it ?
talking nationals qualifing??? 120% of the fastest riders for national events....the rules bend abit apparently sometimes and they just black flag riders that are too slow on the day during the race so that they get some laps in...

Flyno
18th January 2007, 18:01
is it this friday or next friday, if i go ivan see you later!!! :gob:

Ivan
19th January 2007, 17:11
Pretty good day toady wasnt it

Keystone19
19th January 2007, 23:23
Awesome day, just got home.

There was about 20 of us I guess so it was only two sessions. As soon as you got off the track, it was straight back on again! I was knackered by lunchtime!

Good to meet you Ivan, you guys were getting damn quick by the end of the day on those 125s!

And thanks to Steve from www.tyrewarmers.co.nz for riding with me for a couple of sessions, showing me some lines, and giving some really good pointers.

Also thanks to Gary for doing some timing for Cleve and I and helping with my pit stands...:o

Steve from Kiwitrackdays is doing a great job with these days - I highly recommend them to everyone.

Oh, and I won a free trackday pass at lunchtime, so I'll be there to use it at Pukekohe on Sunday! Yay - thanks Kiwitrackdays!!

Ivan
20th January 2007, 12:33
Yeah those wee little 125's are a laugh we were going quite quick by the end of the day I ended up getting into a real good scrap in the second one with my own brother, we pulled up side by side against each other down the denny holme (SP) Straight and looked at one another and then his bike just took off, I ended up almost taking each off us out going through castrol into splash lost my line picked it up and almost T boned the poor bugger.

We ended up doing 1:21s by the end of the day still not fast enough but now that steve spotted what was wrong Ill have to harden that rebound, DOnt know if any of you guys were following me and saw it but the bike was bouncing out the corner and sliding on both tires just didnt feel right at all,

I had my near crash in the hairpin when the guy on the Alstare GSXR was behind me, I ended up going into the hairpin leaning the bike over then all of a sudden my knee bangedinto the ground hard and my back wheel came around on me i got flicked up in my seat and hurt my wrist, that was in the second to last session I just ended up backing off because I was too tired the momment I stopped had a drink and rested the pain went straight away must have been my tiredness

Great day tho guys great little race at the first lap with me and my brother and keystone we took the lead for a few seconds until your brakes must have started working then yuo were away o well:whocares:

:rockon: and have fun at Pukekohe

Keystone19
20th January 2007, 21:16
Great day tho guys great little race at the first lap with me and my brother and keystone we took the lead for a few seconds until your brakes must have started working then yuo were away o well:whocares:

Lol - yeah that was fun! Took me by surprise when I realised you guys were right there! And yes, then the brakes kicked in and I was able to open up a little more. Hoping to have sorted the brake problem for tomorrow - had nothing for the first lap and a half and then they seem to heat up and I was away. All very well at a track day but not so nice if it was a race!

Cleve
24th January 2007, 07:10
Yep. It was a good day and nice to meet you there Ivan. Steve runs a good track day and I will do more. He deserves some support after throwing everything into a venture that will mean more track time for all of us.