PDA

View Full Version : Sliding around in Cordura

klingon
16th January 2007, 19:12
Ah now THIS is a good idea for a forum.

I want to know how I can wear cordura gear without slipping off my seat?! :shit: I wore some borrowed leathers once and the difference was amazing - I stuck to the seat like glue. So anyone got any tips about how to make my cordura trousers stickier? Apart from the obvious ones of course. :nono:

yungatart
16th January 2007, 19:14
Ummmm, velcro?
My cordura has a leather patch in the crutch.

jrandom
16th January 2007, 19:14
Eat more pies.

Your cordura-clad arse cheeks will eventually roll down on either side of the seat and create a vacuum seal.

Jonny Rotten
16th January 2007, 19:21
grip the tank with ya knees and ya wont slide as much.....its just one of thos things that you will get used to the more you ride......also using amarol or stuff like that to protect the material on your seat isnt a good idea cause it makes the seat all greasy and slippery for a lil bit and you will slide even more

when you goin to bring this beast volty on ta thursday night ride

Macktheknife
16th January 2007, 19:22
You could also go see Kerry at MSW and get a leather piece sewn onto the bum.

Motu
16th January 2007, 19:50
My cordura trou have a leather bum,and I find them too sticky to move around - I have to lift myself up off the seat too move.I prefer to wear my dirt pants,I can move all over the seat,and they aren't too slippery either,the insides of the knees are grippy to hold the tank - but not waterproof or very protective.They have hip padding and kevlar in parts,and I also wear knee armour,but I wouldn't want to slide too far in them.

N4CR
16th January 2007, 20:14
stop spraying armourall on it i had the same problem and got sore balls a few times on the zx2 stopping quick or screwing up stoppies. same with the 10r, doesn't really change. apart from not using armourall haha
also if you have relatively new cordura it improves overtime as it rubs more and gets a bit worn (crashing helps immensly :/).. maybe liughtly sandpaper with very fine grain paper either seat or cordura for grip.. proiba silly one though but all i can think of lol.

p.s long time no see!

Guitana
19th January 2007, 10:18
Yeah she'll be right mate just don't wear a gimp suit smeared with baby oil.
I did that once - only once! Hit the picks one night on the way back from Vivienne street and went straight over the front of the bike! The cops werent too impressed I got baby oil all over the upholstry in their Falcon! HA HA!!!

Enjoy the freefall while it lasts the next bits gonna hurt!!!

ZeroIndex
19th January 2007, 10:29
if you slide around in your seat, that's a good thing... stops your butt getting sore on long rides...

crazybigal
19th January 2007, 10:46
get your seat recoverd in non slip fabric if your real keen!
i got a slipon cover for the pilion seat, its a kinda mesh rubber. the mrs has a hard time getting on the seat its so sticky!
www.triboseat.com these are worth getting!

crazybigal
19th January 2007, 10:48
check these out

weazzellboi
1st February 2007, 21:00
This was the funniest shit id read for ages, not lol'ing at you guys, but yeah after 27 yrs of riding i know just wot all of you are talking about, never thought id see someone actually talk about it.. (armour oil your seatt, come on now......)

cheers

McJim
1st February 2007, 21:53
er.....get leather pants?

bert_is_evil
2nd February 2007, 13:18
I've said it once, I'll say it again - get leather, cordura makes people look chubby
and it's all about the looks

vifferman
2nd February 2007, 14:56
Yeah, what they (the ones that weren't talking crap) said.
I've got Spidi Gran Turismo pants - cordura with a leather-covered arse. No problemo, which is why I bought them. So, either buy Macna, the pants I have, or get some leather sewn on them. It will also help when you slide down the road on your bum. :yes:

klingon
6th February 2007, 19:05
get your seat recoverd in non slip fabric if your real keen!
i got a slipon cover for the pilion seat, its a kinda mesh rubber. the mrs has a hard time getting on the seat its so sticky!
www.triboseat.com these are worth getting!

Oooh I like the look of that! Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately the rider of the SV that I sometimes pillion on made a loud SNORT sound when I showed him the pic and refuses to even discuss it now :( SV riders are so precious :love:

This was the funniest shit id read for ages, not lol'ing at you guys, but yeah after 27 yrs of riding i know just wot all of you are talking about, never thought id see someone actually talk about it.. (armour oil your seatt, come on now......)

cheers

You ARE lol'ing at us weazzellboi, I can tell!

Right, it's off to Kerry to get a leather seat sewn into my cordura pants until I can afford some real leather ones.

KLOWN
6th February 2007, 19:18
Lift yourself off the seat when brakeing or accelerating or use your knees on the tank.

Lou Girardin
7th February 2007, 06:10
Some cordura is worse than others. My Ixon pants are quite slippery.
The Spidi GT's or Step-in road pants are the best compromise.

Daffyd
7th February 2007, 10:37
I don't have a problem with my cordura pants, but if you go to a caravan accessory shop you can get non-slip matting, (designed to stop things sliding around on benches etc). There are 2 types, rubber and plastic. The rubber is more effective, maybe too much for what you want. My grandkids use it in their highchairs and it stops them sliding out. It's not expensive, either.

bert_is_evil
7th February 2007, 11:33
One word
Velcro

dawnrazor
7th February 2007, 13:08
My cordura has a leather patch in the crotch.

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

Coyote
7th February 2007, 13:28
I've said it once, I'll say it again - get leather, cordura makes people look chubby
and it's all about the looks
My Teknic Jacket either makes me look fat or have a nice rack

Grantasaurus
7th February 2007, 13:40
wow...
It's been a long time since I've seen such an in depth discussion on such a trivial matter

Gineen
7th February 2007, 15:19
wow...
It's been a long time since I've seen such an in depth discussion on such a trivial matter

This is not a trivial matter for me.

I just did Ashhurst, Waikanae, the Akatawaras, the Rimutakas, Moonshine, Paekakariki, Shannon, PN, and around sweeping corners at speed on a decent lean, my kevlar coated ass was sliding all over the place.

crazybigal, the triboseats don't come to fit an 85GSXR pillion seat.

Anyone know another product? How would you fix the rubber thingee product mentioned ^^ to stop it rucking up?

I seriosly need a bum slider-stopper covering for the pillion seat.

Fatjim
7th February 2007, 15:40
I think Gineen you'll find if you sit facing backwards on the tank without a top on then you won't slide around. I know this because I've seen it in stunt videos.

Krusti
7th February 2007, 16:13
It's the liner I have a problem with. Slides inside the pants! Don't use the liner much..

klingon
7th February 2007, 19:22
This is not a trivial matter for me.

I just did Ashhurst, Waikanae, the Akatawaras, the Rimutakas, Moonshine, Paekakariki, Shannon, PN, and around sweeping corners at speed on a decent lean, my kevlar coated ass was sliding all over the place.

crazybigal, the triboseats don't come to fit an 85GSXR pillion seat.

Anyone know another product? How would you fix the rubber thingee product mentioned ^^ to stop it rucking up?

I seriosly need a bum slider-stopper covering for the pillion seat.

This is what I'm talking about! (whew, thanks gineen, I don't feel so silly now).

weazzellboi
7th February 2007, 19:41
Nah seriously, im not lol'ing at us guys,, just remember this over keen little bike rider 27 years ago , first of the shelf honda MVX 250, from wellington motor cycles, spent all weekend polishing my new shiny bike
amour oiled the seat and went for the typical poser ride :scooter: and wrote it off.:gob: so yeah. hahahahahaha:Punk:
looking back on it well i hope i dont write my gixxer off now that i just about got her ( no offense Gurls) on the road...

klingon
7th February 2007, 19:49
Nah seriously, im not lol'ing at us guys,, just remember this over keen little bike rider 27 years ago , first of the shelf honda MVX 250, from wellington motor cycles, spent all weekend polishing my new shiny bike
amour oiled the seat and went for the typical poser ride :scooter: and wrote it off.:gob: so yeah. hahahahahaha:Punk:
looking back on it well i hope i dont write my gixxer off now that i just about got her ( no offense Gurls) on the road...

ha ha ha ha thanks for sharing that little story!

Gineen, I was just trying to remember what the pillion seat on the GSXR looks like - is it the one that's all part of a single seat, and you lift the back cover off to expose the pillion seat? If so, I can see why it would be a problem... the seat's a bit of a mission to get off, too. And if you attached anything to the seat it would get in the way of the cover... hmmm... will keep thinking...:yes:

Gineen
7th February 2007, 20:08
ha ha ha ha thanks for sharing that little story!

Gineen, I was just trying to remember what the pillion seat on the GSXR looks like - is it the one that's all part of a single seat, and you lift the back cover off to expose the pillion seat? If so, I can see why it would be a problem... the seat's a bit of a mission to get off, too. And if you attached anything to the seat it would get in the way of the cover... hmmm... will keep thinking...:yes:

There's a pic of it on my profile. Thanks for the thread and support :yes:

KLOWN
7th February 2007, 20:10

you DO have a nice rack (so i'm told)

86GSXR
7th February 2007, 20:20
I think Gineen you'll find if you sit facing backwards on the tank without a top on then you won't slide around. I know this because I've seen it in stunt videos.

You're a brave man Jim.... :gob: :yes: If you knew our Gineen:dodge:

Anyway, it's my bike she was talking about and I'm upset because it's an 86GSXR:rockon:

Coyote
7th February 2007, 20:24
you DO have a nice rack (so i'm told)
Who said that?

I'm pretty flat chested

KLOWN
7th February 2007, 20:40
Who said that?

I'm pretty flat chested

I will never tell

Gineen
7th February 2007, 21:59

I'll have your balls for breakfast fatjim:spanking:

KLOWN
7th February 2007, 22:04

please post stunt video here or pictures of maneuver

Rosie
8th February 2007, 07:46

My Teknic jacket makes me look like a boy. I could do with a nice rack, maybe we need to swap jackets. :yes:

Coyote
8th February 2007, 14:27
My Teknic jacket makes me look like a boy. I could do with a nice rack, maybe we need to swap jackets. :yes:
Don't think you'd want it. It's gone mouldy like my gloves. Now I'll have to replace all my gear :S

vifferman
9th February 2007, 13:55
You do realise you can buy gurrrlie jackets?

Rosie
9th February 2007, 14:02
You do realise you can buy gurrrlie jackets?

It is a girlie jacket. And it still makes me look like a boy. :mellow:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
9th February 2007, 14:11
Cheap solution: get the rubber mats from the $2 shop or even at New World and put on your seat, even in your trou - you could glue or hand sew them in. The rubber mats stop things from sliding - they do the job!

Dodgyiti
9th February 2007, 16:32
Leather pants go second hand usually for under a hundie, know that because me 'n' her had a mix up and both bought pants for her at the same time.
So I would not worry about saving up.

2 metre slide on sealed road wore through the cordura and halfway through the foam pad- true story, never again. Top brand stuff too

KLOWN
9th February 2007, 22:32
It is a girlie jacket. And it still makes me look like a boy. :mellow:

easy fix, get a boob job! and I want before and after pics!!:dodge: