PDA

View Full Version : For sale: 1990 cbr250rr

Southmotian
16th January 2007, 19:13
My first road bike must go.

I got it as a fresh import from Japan around 18 months ago with 7000 k's on it. It was really tidy so who knows, could have been genuine. Changed the oil & filter at 12k and then unfortunately a plug crapped out and put a hole in a piston. Probably a combination of old plugs and running on 91 at the time. Had it rebuilt with new rings, stem seals, valves. Since then it has run sweet, feels nice and strong for an inline 4 250 right through the revs. Run on 96+ ever since and serviced at the bike shop. Recently had all fluids done including fork oil. Also air filter, oil & filter etc.

Dropped it once a year ago at very low speed on a brand new set of tyres around a roundabout, live and learn I guess. Just dropped and slid, no impacts with anything, just little scuffs and cracked fairing. Had it plastic welded, painted gloss black all over and had crash bungs fitted, thanks crazefox for the awesome job:rockon: . Only marks are a scuff on engine cover and muffler and a new crack in the front fairing (all pictured) plus the usual little imperfections of a 15 year old bike. Comes with the Ventura L brackets and both sizes of rack.

Near new set of Sport Demons, just scrubbed in really, heaps of tread.

The chain and sprockets are pretty tired at the moment. Still entirely rideable but definitely due. Rego due 3/2, warrant due 9/3.

For 5.5K I'll get the chain and sprockets done and a new wof & 6 months reg. Take it as is for 5K if prefered. If you want to bitch about the price of 250's start your own thread in rant & rave, they're the laws, I had to pay because of them too, a good cbr or zxr 250 is always in demand!

It's been a great little bike for me and travelled all around the country, would be a shame for it to be sitting in the garage during summer.

No test rides until I have cash or a bank cheque in hand. Welcome to PM me to inspect if you are serious or if you have any questions. I'd prefer to sell locally but if I don't have any luck I'll consider options.
:done:

Southmotian
21st January 2007, 07:37
bump......

Southmotian
27th January 2007, 08:04
OK, 4.5k as is in the next week if anyone is keen. If not it is going to a bike shop for almost the same price next weekend.