PDA

View Full Version : LXS is back! (sort of)

LXS
17th January 2007, 23:05
Hey all that remember me, been out of action for the last 6 months as had a mbike accident on 6/6/6 :O
Had just got a new front tyre from Kerry @ Motohaus (yay had matching Avons), eaten a kebab & was rocking along Mt Albert Rd southbound around 6.45pm ish, just pass Hillsborough Rd, people mover coming opposite way turning into Buckley Rd.
Great, she made the turn but didn't see me doing 55kms with my headlight on!
Hit the car between left front arch & door, I've locked up the rear to avoid accident but to no avail, hit the car & flown over landing on road breaking right wrist,nose & getting a head injury..bleeding in the brain etc..
Unconcious at the scene, spent a month at Auckland Hospital & another month in Neuro Rehab, then another 3 months recovering at home.
Back at work now doing full duties, the lady I hit has been convicted of Careless Driving Causing Injury, loss of licence for 6 months & has to pay me $1500 reparations, which I yet to see (Cheque coming soon).
The old GPX wasn't pretty, was written off(forks,fairings,headlight etc), I'll have to post up some pics later, if I can remember how!
No lasting injuries as such, obviously got the scar on my wrist, head injury was a bit of a bugger, short-term memory isn't the best, eg.fatigue management, forgetting to close the freezer after getting bread out, that sorta stuff..
Neurologists,family, friends..shit everyone has said not to get another bike / ride for another 2 years,play head contact sports etc blabla bla
Where do you draw the line? I just refuse to live in fear, haven't got enough bubble wrap to wrap me in anyways.
Bought a car to get me around,want something a bit more powerful/sexy/fun like an rs250 to get me around the Coro loop & SH16, just have to save up the $ for a deposit :O
Not looking for the sympathy vote just wanting to vent my enviousness about being in a cage & not a bike, shiny side up guys! cheers Alex
-site looks great spank

awesker
17th January 2007, 23:12
Holy shit dude! now thats a story! So your back up to 100% bar the no head injuries for the next 2 years? bloody lucky mate! and on that date too! jebus, glad to hear your all good though dude! Take it easy!

Bruiser
17th January 2007, 23:39
Hi LXS,

I know your pain! Got taken out on my harley Oct 05 by stupid woman doing U-turn on College Hill, spent month in hosp, 15 mths at home recovering, my lovely wideglide had $19,000 (damage now repaired -thankfully she was insured).

Unfortutately I had to let staff go and close down office but have now resurrected my website company from a home office. The bitch got fined $350 plus court costs plus 6 mths loss of licence for careless use causing injury - and the good ole judge awarded me $3,000 (which she has since paid).

Yeah, it fucks up your life, but let me tell you, NEVER EVER give up the dream! I'll have a limp, and "pins & needles" for life but its nothing compared to not being able to ride. Got bloody stainless steel pins and titanium rods up and down the right leg but thats cool too.

PM me if I can help in any way, and get back on a horse when you're ready.

Glad you survived, thats more important than all the rest.
Bruiser

Switch
18th January 2007, 00:08
Sorry to hear about the injuries dude. Glad to hear that the cage driver got what she deserved. When ya get a bike, give me a pm and i might tag along for a ride :P
Good luck with your bike :)

Goblin
18th January 2007, 08:29
Welcome back LXS. :yes: Good onya for getting back into it. All the best for getting some new wheels.:sunny:

PaddyFZ1
18th January 2007, 08:44
Good to see you back on the site.:yes:

If you still have your bike, i know of someone with a GPX in need of an engine transplant, that might be very keen to sell.
If you keen, let me know and i will find out details for you.:scooter:

yungatart
18th January 2007, 10:24
You are one lucky dude! Heal well and look after yourself!

Insanity_rules
18th January 2007, 11:03
The luck of the irish be with you lad! Hope you heal well.

Guitana
18th January 2007, 12:27
Yeah tossers doin U-turns usually does it to bikers I hit a guy at an intersection ten years ago doin 120km did a triple summersalt and finished with a skid lid to the tarmac and 20 metre slide so I hear ya bro about the head injuries. Thinking back it was pretty amazing in slow motion could'nt remember much after, but the memories slowly came back.
Ended up with head injuries broken hip groin dislocated both shoulders and a slight graze on my ankle.
The freefall was fuckin amazing though yeah I flew for about 3 seconds!!!!
Been a bit skittish at intersections ever since though!
The bonus was the hot nurses at wellies hospital!!!!!!

Take it easy bro!

Enjoy the freefall while it lasts the next bits gonna hurt!!!

frogfeaturesFZR
18th January 2007, 12:46
Welcome back bro:rockon:

Edbear
18th January 2007, 13:19
Good to see you're back but I'm very worried about your freezer....:yes:

Smokin
18th January 2007, 14:44
Welcome back and good to see your on the mend. :scooter:

gijoe1313
18th January 2007, 14:49
:gob: Crikey! Glad to hear you're back on the mend and still loving the two wheels thingabob! Testament to your good attitude and spirit - hopefully you'll get right back into it ASAP?

Thanks for the heads up :sick: Didn't mean it like that! Catch up on the reading here, lots and lots of crazy, perplexing things in this little community!

:niceone: :sunny: :rockon:

steved
18th January 2007, 15:28
'Tis your life to choose your decisions. Enjoy whatever you end up doing (on a bike of course).

beyond
18th January 2007, 15:44
Good to hear you've come out the other end okay mate :)

Bikes? Once they are under your skin you are pretty well stuck with them.

erik
18th January 2007, 16:33
Sorry to hear you had an accident!
It must've been Motoracer's SH22 ride on the 6th May (brief bit of checking old posts to figure that out - my memory isn't that good :p) that I rode with you last, but I remember you, I've got a brother called Alex. You used to ride that GPX well.

Good to hear you're recovering ok and keen to get back on a bike. :niceone:

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:18
Hi LXS,

I know your pain! Got taken out on my harley Oct 05 by stupid woman doing U-turn on College Hill, spent month in hosp, 15 mths at home recovering, my lovely wideglide had $19,000 (damage now repaired -thankfully she was insured).

Unfortutately I had to let staff go and close down office but have now resurrected my website company from a home office. The bitch got fined $350 plus court costs plus 6 mths loss of licence for careless use causing injury - and the good ole judge awarded me $3,000 (which she has since paid).

Yeah, it fucks up your life, but let me tell you, NEVER EVER give up the dream! I'll have a limp, and "pins & needles" for life but its nothing compared to not being able to ride. Got bloody stainless steel pins and titanium rods up and down the right leg but thats cool too.

PM me if I can help in any way, and get back on a horse when you're ready.

Glad you survived, thats more important than all the rest.
Bruiser

Cheers for that Bruiser, yeah I remember your accident, seeing your bike on the tow truck & reading about it on KB.
I agree being to hell & back,depression etc wasn't nice,but motorbikes are a part of my life that I'm not just going to give up or move on from, I'd have to have no arms & no legs.
The safety nazis had a field day saying stuff like 'bikes are dangerous' rardy rah, that stuff maybe true but its my decision.
Once I get my next bike closest friends & family are gonna get the 'I respect your opinion but its my decision talk'.
Why live your life through someone elses eyes?

I don't go around lecturing people about the dangers of smoking,flying on aircraft,walking the street,driving a car etc

Majority of the do-gooders aren't motorbike riders & never will be *sigh*, they have no idea what it's like..

Alex

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:23
Good to see you back on the site.:yes:

If you still have your bike, i know of someone with a GPX in need of an engine transplant, that might be very keen to sell.
If you keen, let me know and i will find out details for you.:scooter:

Hey Paddy, yeah I remember meeting you & a few others on a ride at a pub/bar in Hamilton a while ago!
Bikes gone, insurance got it towed away few months ago, hadn't even tried turning it over or anything...just took photos & the GPX ignition key as a memento & that was it, sorry mate.

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:29
Yeah tossers doin U-turns usually does it to bikers I hit a guy at an intersection ten years ago doin 120km did a triple summersalt and finished with a skid lid to the tarmac and 20 metre slide so I hear ya bro about the head injuries. Thinking back it was pretty amazing in slow motion could'nt remember much after, but the memories slowly came back.
Ended up with head injuries broken hip groin dislocated both shoulders and a slight graze on my ankle.
The freefall was fuckin amazing though yeah I flew for about 3 seconds!!!!
Been a bit skittish at intersections ever since though!
The bonus was the hot nurses at wellies hospital!!!!!!

Take it easy bro!

Enjoy the freefall while it lasts the next bits gonna hurt!!!

Ouch bro!

It's good you have memories, I don't remember the accident,A&E or 3 weeks after, apparently I had post-traumatic amnesia!
I'd had a couple of accidents prior so don't think I would've been freaked out by the memories etc..
haha yeah the nurses @ akl were OK to look at, apparently I embarrased the olds saying naughty things to the nurses :) I don't remember tho :O

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:32
Good to see you're back but I'm very worried about your freezer....:yes:

haha thanks for that, I'd remember to close it after walking back to the freezer & thinking, shit why didn't I close that bloody door! :whocares:

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:36
:gob: Crikey! Glad to hear you're back on the mend and still loving the two wheels thingabob! Testament to your good attitude and spirit - hopefully you'll get right back into it ASAP?

Thanks for the heads up :sick: Didn't mean it like that! Catch up on the reading here, lots and lots of crazy, perplexing things in this little community!

:niceone: :sunny: :rockon:

Can't wait to get on another bike, yeah just have to saye some $ for a deposit on an RS250/NSR,obviously be a step up in power & everything from the GPX, will just have to engage mind control & control my wrist, from um..er.. the throttle twist thing :love: :Punk:
Yeah the sites changed a bit since I was last on in May 06 :O

cheers

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:42
Sorry to hear you had an accident!
It must've been Motoracer's SH22 ride on the 6th May (brief bit of checking old posts to figure that out - my memory isn't that good :p) that I rode with you last, but I remember you, I've got a brother called Alex. You used to ride that GPX well.

Good to hear you're recovering ok and keen to get back on a bike. :niceone:

Hey Erik, your probably right about the last ride, think I've met your brother too, he has a zzr250? I know its a Kawasaki!
Yeah hehe cheers, used to love pushing the boundaries on that GPX.
Oh the memories :zzzz: :bye:

LXS
18th January 2007, 23:45
Just a quick thanks to everyone for the well wishes & support, see you all on a Coro Loop or 22 ride, um... soon! ish!

erik
19th January 2007, 11:11
Hey Erik, your probably right about the last ride, think I've met your brother too, he has a zzr250? I know its a Kawasaki!
Yeah hehe cheers, used to love pushing the boundaries on that GPX.
Oh the memories :zzzz: :bye:
That'd be my other brother, Tom. Black zzr250, he's still got it but hasn't got the cash for a rego/warrant at the moment because he's gone flatting with his gf!

Motoracer
19th January 2007, 11:46
Holly shit dude.. Real sorry to hear that..

Definetly invest in a top notch helmet next time.

Hope to see you again sometime.

good luck with the rs.

Biff
19th January 2007, 12:10
Ouch.
Welcome back.
Glad your ok.

Was it a chicken kebab?

LXS
22nd January 2007, 21:57
Ouch.
Welcome back.
Glad your ok.

Was it a chicken kebab?

Yeah it was!
Chicken Kebab with Everything, Hot Chilli & Hummus; had a Bundaberg to wash it down too.