PDA

View Full Version : Rant: He sold my bike from under me ~!

Zapf
31st July 2004, 16:54
I had lined up a deal on trademe to buy a VTR250 for 5100. during the night which the biddings ended I was sleepless, with anticipation as I was going to be the owner of a nice VTR.

Come Friday, agreed on the price and deal over the phone and meeting place and date (monday) for the inspection and money / bike swap.

Then today while I was shopping for gear at amps, was chatting to another customer. He told me how he is just getting into it and buying gear and how he bought a VTR similar to the one I was getting. So I asked him where he is getting it from and then that instant I knew it was the same guy and same bike.

Rang him up on the cell right way, and 1st thing he said is that he's got bad news for me. So I gave him a blast down the line for selling the bike even without the thought of ringing me to say if I was still interested or mind. And how his words are worth "NOTHING".

So I think this has made my day... and week. So much for trusting people. ~sign.

If anyone is bored and feel like giving him a random blast with free credits on their phones his number is 021 637 245 and name is Charl. And add up the tellie on this site! :P :2guns:

FROSTY
31st July 2004, 17:09
Dude its people like you that make me sick. :argh:
Do you know how many times people have told me "yep Ill just go to the bank and get the money' or "yep I'll be back in two days"
If you really wanted that bike you would have put your money where your mouth was and at the very least put a deposit down on it.
Gone are the days a deal is sealed on a handshake. we need to see cold hard cash.
Oh ignore me -I'm having a shitty day :doctor:

Zapf
31st July 2004, 17:15
Ok. sorry for my type of people.

The trouble was that I had the money in the pocket and I wanted to meet him on Friday. and he said he was busy on weekends. Cause I don't want to hand over all the cash until I had it given a once over by a workshop.

So... :confused: anyway have a nice day :)

why is ur day so shit?

FROSTY
31st July 2004, 17:18
Like i said dude--Ignore me Im having a shitty day. :angry2:
didya try holeshots.? they have madducks vtr and I'm sure she'll be happy to tell ya what she traded it in for

Zapf
31st July 2004, 17:35
ah! silly me. I didn't I was too annoyed and :argh: to think about going to holeshot. And I was just next door at cyclespot !

knew I should have carm down

FROSTY
31st July 2004, 17:40
well If you can get her one its particularly nice. it has like 8000km on the clock and that is a genuine distance travelled. It really is a bike for a new bike buyer evn though its 3 years old.

Zapf
1st August 2004, 00:14
well you see I gave in at cyclespot and :Oops: I ve put my name down for a new VTR.... have been having 2nd thoughts for the last few hours. but what has been done has been done.

discodan
1st August 2004, 11:05
Congrats, they are nice bikes. You'll love it. :)

Zapf
1st August 2004, 13:11
Congrats, they are nice bikes. You'll love it. :)

:niceone: thankyou. Hopefully get it on Monday or Tuesday. Nice cat with that rifle btw :P

Zed
1st August 2004, 18:45
...Come Friday, agreed on the price and deal over the phone and meeting place and date (monday) for the inspection and money / bike swap.
...And how his words are worth "NOTHING".
Sorry to hear that Zapf - what a jerk that guy IS. :shutup:

A mans word used to be his bond...these days, like you said, it means "nothing" to many people.

You should be able to get a nice bike for $5K. :niceone: If you are going to buy through Cyclespot you should get some of your gears through them and ask for a discounted price - they gave me 15% off for gear I purchased when I bought my bike!

Zed

Posh Tourer :P
1st August 2004, 19:58
Friend had a similar experience trying to buy a VT250F. Agreed on price, sent money, and then was told he'd crashed his car and needed the bike. Found out later he'd sold it for an extra $100

Zapf
1st August 2004, 21:48
Thanks Zed / guys.
Am getting most of the gear at 10 to 15% off. Have my jacket and pants, using a Auto motorsports helmet with no visor atm. Boots using tramping boots. So putting my kit together nicely.

Got my learners lic today. And bike delivered Monday / Tuesday. So hay! :sunny: its all happening.

Do some more pratices during the week. And I'll get better :)

Bandito
1st August 2004, 21:56
I had lined up a deal on trademe to buy a VTR250 for 5100. during the night which the biddings ended I was sleepless, with anticipation as I was going to be the owner of a nice VTR.

Come Friday, agreed on the price and deal over the phone and meeting place and date (monday) for the inspection and money / bike swap.

Then today while I was shopping for gear at amps, was chatting to another customer. He told me how he is just getting into it and buying gear and how he bought a VTR similar to the one I was getting. So I asked him where he is getting it from and then that instant I knew it was the same guy and same bike.

Rang him up on the cell right way, and 1st thing he said is that he's got bad news for me. So I gave him a blast down the line for selling the bike even without the thought of ringing me to say if I was still interested or mind. And how his words are worth "NOTHING".

So I think this has made my day... and week. So much for trusting people. ~sign.

If anyone is bored and feel like giving him a random blast with free credits on their phones his number is 021 637 245 and name is Charl. And add up the tellie on this site! :P :2guns:
Hey mate, sounds like he done you a massive favour! it was a honda and I can only presume you are a heterosexual. Take your hard earned $5100 and buy a bike that wont attract members of the same sex looking for some honda type action :buggerd:

jrandom
2nd August 2004, 09:17
Take your hard earned $5100 and buy a bike that wont attract members of the same sex looking for some honda type action

... says the man who rides a 'Bandit' :whistle: