PDA

View Full Version : Bugger

gypsy
18th January 2007, 21:13
Decided today seen as tho it was such a beaut day here in the manawatu (Very Rare) that i would take the scooter out for a blat. (Kids and hubby holidaying in Motueka)Vinigar hill was my ride of choice, cause lotsa corners. Ha Ha. Ride out was awsome, heaps of bikes out on road today and even got a wave from police car. (Have no baffles in so noisy as shit) (Adrenaline rush). Stopped at stormy point and took photo to send to hubby cause he too car down south and he wouldve been bummed. Hee Hee. Turned into Vinigar hill river, (had intentions of having a quick dip in the river) and back brake locked up. Had front brake on but felt like it was slipping. Parked up and checked front brakes. Bloody seal had gone and there was shit for miles, hence the brake not working, wiped clean and decided to putt home, using back brake only. Went to put stand up and bloody spring had come off, so had nothing to hold stand up with. Have long hair, so pulled out hair tie, burnt it with lighter so would be stronger on ends and tied stand up to frame. Then off again for home, Back brake very touchy and goes into wheel lock easy so cruised home with no brakes and leaking seal.lucky I know the roads or couldve been road kill. Lotsa lovely sharp corners!!!:scooter:

Lteejay
18th January 2007, 21:37
Sounds like a beaut of a day - with extra challenges just to keep ya on your toes. :niceone:

MyGSXF
18th January 2007, 22:20
so pulled out hair tie, burnt it with lighter so would be stronger on ends and tied stand up to frame.

:gob: shit babe... you a lucky girl!!! :yes: great kiwi ingenuity using your hair tie!!! well done! :2thumbsup hope you can get it all sorted & back out on da road real soon!! :yes:

Take care out there

Jen :rockon:

Paul in NZ
19th January 2007, 08:19
Wipe / wash that brake fluid off NOW. It makes fantastic paint stripper..

Guitana
19th January 2007, 12:19
I like your attitude young lady nothing like being able to do some roadside repairs and nurse it home well Done!!!!

Enjoy the freefall while it lasts the next bits gonna hurt!!!

SDU
19th January 2007, 13:59
Buggar!:gob: lucky you have the skills to get the job done to get home. Sounds like the last mechanic/owner wasn't too shit hot at keeping a check on things. Must be time for a thorough going over & oil change b4 your next blast.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

Nasty
19th January 2007, 14:00
Awesome ride .. and well done for making it up as you went.:yes: