PDA

View Full Version : Nats rd3 Ruapuna.

Buddha#81
20th January 2007, 19:29
I'll post a proper race report tomorrow.

But quickly...... the weather was average, raining most of the day to fine up for the late afternoon racing, but the morning practices/qualifying.

RG100 is a legend, turned up at the track today and put in some average lap times in qualifying and went out and got a second on a strange bike and a track that he has never ridden before.:Punk:

Unfortunatly the FXR is way down on HP and top speed but 25th out of 40odd street stocks is ok on the lowest HP bike in the feild (and for that matter at the Nats). Im pretty happy. Fastest lap for me a 2m.14s.:scooter:

stanko
20th January 2007, 20:05
Apart from the rain it was a grest day out,

Nice to meet Rg100, then he lapped me in the big race , nice one !

I managed to be the second fastest 4 stroke in the Street stock on my FXR 150 , Spud was fastest but Ill get over it. My best time was 2m19s so there is room to improve.

Fingers crossed for anice day Sunday

gav
21st January 2007, 08:37
Thought you had a RG150? Are you racing the FXR's in bucket trim?

Joni
21st January 2007, 08:40
Yeah they were both out on their FXR's....
I watched the race... was a goodie! HUUGE field...

Buddha#81
21st January 2007, 19:42
Today weas a bit of a let down. I was talked into putting a std carb and pipe on the FXR, which was made avaliable and fitted. I went out for the tyre scrub and apart from sounding like a bernina top speed was a massive 55kph ......fark. Headed back to the pits and refitted the old pipe and carb and preped for the first race:yes: .

Race 2: Gridded up on row 7, 28th out of 43 got monstered down the main straight off the start and stuffed it up the inside of about 7 or 8 RG riders while they were waiting to round turn 1. I spent the rest of the 8 laps riding the tits off the poor little FXR passing guys all the way to the sweeper only to get my doors blown off down the main straight. Max main straight speed for the FXR 118 kph, its like taking a water pistol to a gun fight. Bloody good fun all the same.:scooter:

Race 3: Non existant:angry: . Due to the number of hold ups throughout the day the good old streetstocks got dropped off. Oh well.

Better weather today and it was good to meet some new and re-meet some old KBers. RG100 you are a bloody legend, you have you head screwed on the right way for a young guy, I look forward to seeing you impress us all on your new RS125:yes:

Suzi Q
21st January 2007, 19:47
What a day.
Thunder and I were flag marshals at the last sweeper before the home straight. No crashes at our point, seems like point 3 was where all the action was. Saw one bike flip at the dipper.
Sidecars rock - I can't believe how close to the track some of the swingers get. Feral and Frosty looked good in F3 as did Spud and Stanko in Streetstock. I liked the sparks from the titanium boot sliders from the rider of the Aprillia Motard!!!!!
The weather held out, only a little spit later in the day. It seems I got a bit sunburnt, but I didn't really see much sun! :sunny:
I only took photos during the practice rounds - 2 reasons - thought I had better not be distracted by taking photos while they were racing, and 2ndly because my battery ran out!!!!
1 - Frosty
2 - Feral
3 - K14
4 - Stanko
5 - John Lowther
6 - Sidecar

Suzi Q
21st January 2007, 20:01
a couple more photos:rockon:

1 - Aprillia wheelie
2 - sidecars

dangerous
21st January 2007, 20:23
Well as we are doing the photo thing heres a few more.
1) Nicko, MyGSXF, Frosty, Mad duck, and take a guess
2) MVnuts awesome MV, and to think he offerd me a ride.
3) side car line up
4) big chair stack as 1 broke an axle spun around and had another T bone, 1st lap & bikes everywere
5) the trouble starter
6) results of a serious air time high side curtacy of them bloody ripple strips

dangerous
21st January 2007, 20:32
1) Hanks munted blade after a wicked tank slap at the fastest point, through him straight up and back down on his arse, the bike carried on the remaining length of the straight till it collided with the wall... messy
2) Kickaha and DA cross the finish line
3) errr... ther ant no 3 as I was to bussy chatting and watching, awesome KB turn out and some impressive riding.

Kickaha
22nd January 2007, 07:30
Sidecars rock - I can't believe how close to the track some of the swingers get.

I had my arse dragging on the ground around there a few times :yes:

Flyingpony
22nd January 2007, 08:07
Was planning to go but Saturday was raining and I'd hate to catch a 2nd cold in January from exposure.

Sunday was lovely, but Flyingpony was another no show. Somebody went to bed at 1am (that was early compared to night before) and then crawled out at 4am and off to watch a bloody awesome sun rise on Godley Head. Rest of the day I was too :zzzz: to consider safely driving/riding anywhere :oi-grr:

Knew some high level bike racing was happening at Ruapuna and gate entry was $15, but didn't know there was a KB contingent at this racing event, shows how much I understand all the racing news :innocent:

Sounds like you guys had fun :niceone:

Buddha#81
23rd January 2007, 06:12
Where's the photos of me deal death and destruction on the FXR, No one can say I was going too fast to take a photo or too small to see!

Where's your race reports RG100, AJ or Mudboy.

Biff
23rd January 2007, 11:55
I had my arse dragging on the ground around there a few times :yes:

I told you to get them there piles sorted. Baboon butt.

I only went on Sunday, the weather was better at least. And what a brilliant race the F1 was late arvo. The sidecar nuts are always great to watch, and there was a pretty impressive airborne off at the sweeper.

Almost introduced myself to Frosty et all - but all the pit crew looked much too busy to talk shite with the likes of me.

I looked out for K14, didn't realize he's now K114.

Loads of KB shirts being worn around the place tho. I swear you guys breed.

Joni
23rd January 2007, 12:24
I only went on Sunday, the weather was better at least. Thanks for the warm greeting....:cry:

ajturbo
23rd January 2007, 12:29
Where's the photos of me deal death and destruction on the FXR, No one can say I was going too fast to take a photo or too small to see!

Where's your race reports RG100, AJ or Mudboy.
as luke has just got up and i have just got back from town... i'll try and sort something out tonight...

Biff
23rd January 2007, 12:30
I did look for you, a crazy sidecar guy pointed me up the hill to look for you, which I duly did.

I ended up in the grandstand on the back straight for the great view and free piss.

Phurrball
23rd January 2007, 12:58
(snip)Unfortunatly the FXR is way down on HP and top speed but 25th out of 40odd street stocks is ok on the lowest HP bike in the feild (and for that matter at the Nats). Im pretty happy. Fastest lap for me a 2m.14s.:scooter:

Onya SR - we were wondering who the brave pilots of the little four-strokes were.

Dangerous - you must have been standing on the bank near us to get that photo of the muntered Blade - scary stuff!:gob:

Another great couple of days spectating :yes: we weren't too social this time round sorry...

Great photos! much better than our humble efforts (too far away with little digicam)

Hope to see more of our KB racers in action up at Puke. Manfield will be a little far for us...still - 3/5 ain't bad - yay!:third:

Buddha#81
23rd January 2007, 19:28
Onya SR - we were wondering who the brave pilots of the little four-strokes were.

Don't know about brave more like farkin stupid:scooter:

Sketchy_Racer
23rd January 2007, 19:42
haha, you're a mad man!!

Seriously, your doing my old bike the justice it deserves!! great stuff!!

;)

Kickaha
23rd January 2007, 20:26
Hope to see more of our KB racers in action up at Puke.

I'll be filling my usual seat on sidecar#27

Don't know about brave more like farkin stupid:scooter:

And fat :bleh: lay off the pies the bike will go faster :yes:

Oakie
23rd January 2007, 20:49
Dangerous - you must have been standing on the bank near us to get that photo of the muntered Blade - scary stuff!

Ha. I was down at that part of the track at that time too.
Only saw one KB shirt all day though. Guy having a cuppa from his thermos on a wee platform a couple hundred metres up the main straight about 10.30ish.

Phurrball
24th January 2007, 12:40
(snip)Only saw one KB shirt all day though. Guy having a cuppa from his thermos on a wee platform a couple hundred metres up the main straight about 10.30ish.

Yeah...must get me one of those shirts...so I can meet more KBers. The mrs and I were up the end of the bank near the balcony that lotsa people were on.

Biff
24th January 2007, 12:54
Yeah...must get me one of those shirts...so I can meet more KBers. The mrs and I were up the end of the bank near the balcony that lotsa people were on.

I've got one, but when I wear it I get complete strangers walking up to me saying things like, "Hi I'm fuckkaduck/badgerflap'nippleclamp", which is kinda weird.

I now wear a Harley t-shirt to races & rallies - no bstard talks to me now. :dodge:

dangerous
24th January 2007, 17:04

I was on that balcony a lot of the time with Rashika and Chick 'n' Charge I was wearing my KB shirt, even says 'dangerous on it.

Only saw one KB shirt all day though.
Well I seen 'Mud Boy' 'Speedie girl' and AJ turbo we all had our KB shirts on, with names... you just wanted to remain a mystery :scooter:

Buddha#81
24th January 2007, 18:10
Sod off thread hijackers and have your reunion elsewere.....this is about ME and how good I am.:yes:

stanko
26th January 2007, 06:14
Yip, no doubt about it , you dominated the 4 strokes in the Street stocks. 2 podiums, you are a legend also. Now go to work.

Buddha#81
26th January 2007, 06:21
Thanks for the support and kind words at least someone here can see skill and dedication. You too did extreamly well at the Nat's also, another overlooked guy with truck loads of skill. Suzuki NZ should be signing us up now can they not see the worth of a FXR raceteam.