PDA

View Full Version : Wellington Anniversary Day

merv
22nd January 2007, 12:49
Well all you suckers stuck in the office we are on a day off down here and the weather is even kind of acceptable - not up to Hawkes Bay standards but good for down here.

We've got visitors coming later today so me and Mrs merv thought we could at least do another short ride locally, take in lunch and be home this arvo. So we thought OK lets do Whiteman's and Mangaroa Valleys and have lunch at the Short Straw cafe.

All goes well until we get there but bugger me the Holidays Act played its part I guess - sign on the gate CLOSED :angry: .

So I says oh well we have some time may as well go as far as Kaitoke Gardens (didn't have time to go to the 'rapa you understand) so off we :scooter: .

Arrive there, there's a few cars in the carpark so off with my helmet, Mrs takes the customary photo for the days ride and this time sign on the door CLOSED. Double :angry: :angry: .

At least at Short Straw the sign was at the gate so no need to even get off the bike.

So what did we do? Back to Maccas at the Hood - you can always rely on them.

I would have thought the holiday day would have been quite an earner for cafes etc, but obviously they find the high wages and paying a day in lieu just isn't worth pleasing their customers for.

Trudes
22nd January 2007, 13:05
Kaitoki gardens probably made enough yesterday with people waiting for the road to open to not need to open today.
Hope you enjoyed your maccas and the :scooter: ing anyway!

Alice
22nd January 2007, 13:30
I'm one of those suckers in the office today, rest day after a busy weekend,
the Hawkes Bay weather is true to form today, we have the air con on, its stinking hot outside.

yungatart
22nd January 2007, 13:49
I'm one of those suckers in the office today, rest day after a busy weekend,
the Hawkes Bay weather is true to form today, we have the air con on, its stinking hot outside.

Yep! tis 34 deg at my place....:sunny: :sunny:

Alice
22nd January 2007, 14:03
Yep! tis 34 deg at my place....:sunny: :sunny:

Those casts must be smelling good now !

yungatart
22nd January 2007, 14:06
Let's NOT go there....
But what a day to be out riding, I so wish I could!

Alice
22nd January 2007, 14:44
Let's NOT go there....
But what a day to be out riding, I so wish I could!

Soon, soon Grasshopper.......

Hitcher
22nd January 2007, 15:16
Just back in the door from the Land of my Tupuna. More later...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42612

Squeak the Rat
22nd January 2007, 15:18
Haha, you wellingtonians. Your long weekend is OVER, ours is about to begin. Muhahahahahahaha.

Colapop
22nd January 2007, 15:24
Thanks to an "Annonymous Benefactor" I was able to properly pull my bike apart today... Took all the fairings off and the tank. Gave all the underneath a good clean. Checked the air filter, fluid levels/condition (the ones I didn't do last week) and got rid a fair bit of built up shite and then put it all back together... I went for a ride up and down Wrights Hill a couple of times and rechecked everything and now I feel good. So good I'm taking my Mrs to the Botanic gardens for a wander around... :yes:

Clivoris
22nd January 2007, 15:57
Sat looking at the steel-belting showing thru on my rear tyre, cursing other spending priorities. It may be this way for some time too.:cry: Oh well the lawns got mowed and I freaked my wife out by doing the dishes.
Maybe I should take the CBR for a quick blat around the Titahi Bay streets<_< ? I wouldn't be hurting anyone:innocent:

Madness
22nd January 2007, 16:00
Sat looking at the steel-belting showing thru on my rear tyre, cursing other spending priorities. It may be this way for some time too.:cry: Oh well the lawns got mowed and I freaked my wife out by doing the dishes.
Maybe I should take the CBR for a quick blat around the Titahi Bay streets<_< ? I wouldn't be hurting anyone:innocent:

That steel belting look really pisses you off eh? Been there......

I just dropped the mother-in-law off to the airport :rockon:

Hitcher
22nd January 2007, 16:11
Haha, you wellingtonians. Your long weekend is OVER, ours is about to begin. Muhahahahahahaha.

And you will spend yours stuck in a tailback that stretches from Te Atatu to Tauranga. Muhahahahahahaha.

wilber
22nd January 2007, 16:15
Went over the hill to the rapa ,hot and windy, was warned to watch out for diesel slick where truck rolled yesterday but still caught out by it.
No off but took it easy for a while otherwise good day out .

Str8 Jacket
22nd January 2007, 16:36
Ah well, ive been on holiday since 25th Dec and am still on holiday for another 10 day's or so AND ive been enjoying the warmth of Northland (I actually have a tan :p)! I am so sunburnt from being on the boat all day yesterday diving for scallops and getting mussels of the Black Rocks. I soo dont wanna come home. Hope you guy's had a great day off though ;)

merv
22nd January 2007, 17:16
Hi Hels, the weather has been a lot warmer since I got back from Aus a week ago than it had been before Xmas so I reckon by the time you are home we might be in summer. See you then.