PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be lurking...

Blairos
23rd January 2007, 14:52
In the South Island from the 19th of Feb thru to about March 2nd?

Myself, Terbang, and a couple of others are heading there... We will be departing Auckland on the 18th, overnighting in Palmy North, then crossing to Picton on the 19th, early afternoon...

Nelson that night, Takaka Hill (an absolute must-do) the next day, then we will proceed to be making our way around the whole island.

So.... from what I can see, there may be a few of you about during this time - we have no fixed plans, so I sense a (or more than one) catch-up may be on the cards...

Waddaya think?? :blip:

onearmedbandit
23rd January 2007, 14:54
Let us know when you hit Christchurch, I'm at a loose end for the next 3 months so would be keen on a day trip to Akaroa or similar.

skelstar
23rd January 2007, 15:12
Yeah I'll be down there 15th-22nd...clockwise as far south as Milford (I think)...

TerminalAddict
23rd January 2007, 15:46
Yeah I'll be down there 15th-22nd...clockwise as far south as Milford (I think)...

fuck dude .. your poor tyres :shit:

NighthawkNZ
23rd January 2007, 15:50
let me know if you come to Dunedin... dunno where I will be, during the weekends... ;)

jafar
24th January 2007, 09:25
I'll be lurking in the south island from the 12th to the 23rd of feb, definatly a catch up in order there somewhere .

Blairos
24th January 2007, 11:04
I'll be lurking in the south island from the 12th to the 23rd of feb, definatly a catch up in order there somewhere .

Indeed! as we talked about at the Sth Auckland ride last Thursday :)

Blairos
24th January 2007, 11:05
One of us will probably be travelling with a laptop in some form, so is it worth sending PM's a couple of days out? Or is a txt/call preferred... If so, PM your details to me :ride:

Blairos
6th February 2007, 08:31
Update:

Looks like we are heading to Paeroa (18th) to watch the Street racing there, then making the push thru to Palmy North about 3pm.

Loose plan is still to make the Bluebridge Ferry in Welly at 1pm on the 19th -

Mainland here we come! (under 2 weeks to go :woohoo: )

jafar
7th February 2007, 22:40
Leaving here Saturday & hopefully hitting the interislander sunday afternoon, Anyone recommend a motel B&B in picton ?? I want to hit nelson monday for a nose around & be back in picton tuesday.

scumdog
7th February 2007, 22:46
One of us will probably be travelling with a laptop in some form, so is it worth sending PM's a couple of days out? Or is a txt/call preferred... If so, PM your details to me :ride:

PM me when you get down near Dunedin area if you're intending to travel further south on the East Coast, got room for 3-4 here if needed.

KLOWN
7th February 2007, 22:47
make sure you stop in to see the palmy crew, we can take you on the pihiatua track and some other good roads before you go to welly

Jantar
7th February 2007, 23:06
I'm working from the 22nd - 26th, otherwise I'm free the whole time you are down here. Keep in touch and we'll work something out. :scooter:

Blackbird
8th February 2007, 06:53
In the South Island from the 19th of Feb thru to about March 2nd?

Have a fantastic trip. Four of us KB members with Blackbirds start our S.I "Birds Galore" trip on March 3rd for 2 weeks. Getting really excited about it.

Squeak the Rat
8th February 2007, 07:33
Make sure u wave out when u pass, SI bound march 4-10.......

Blackbird
8th February 2007, 07:40
Make sure u wave out when u pass, SI bound march 4-10.......

We cross on the 4th on the 0830 ferry, when are you crossing? You won't miss us - 4 identical blue Blackbirds, all from KB: Hammer, Dave Easey, Bykey Cop and me.

Squeak the Rat
8th February 2007, 07:50
Good point, I'd better book! Most likely be riding down early morning and catching the 2pm boat. Might catch yous on the other side ;), sounds like you'll be easily recognizable!

Blackbird
8th February 2007, 07:53
Good point, I'd better book! Most likely be riding down early morning and catching the 2pm boat. Might catch yous on the other side ;), sounds like you'll be easily recognizable!

Err... good idea! When we booked before Xmas, a lot of sailings were already full.

Squeak the Rat
8th February 2007, 08:10
Err... good idea! When we booked before Xmas, a lot of sailings were already full.

Haha, if it can't be done at the last minute then it's not worth getting off the couch! :whistle:

Blairos
17th February 2007, 10:53
Right.... T minus 24 hours till we depart for Palmy North

Weather forecast is nothing short of PERFECT... might even get a smooth Ferry Sailing on Monday!

WOO-HOO!