PDA

View Full Version : We're back!

ceebie13
24th January 2007, 13:32
Hi guys 'n gals.

Well Bex and I made it back in one piece from our N.Island tour. Probably covered nearly 3000kms in two weeks. (Haven't added it all up yet). The longest haul in one hit was pretty much shared by "Upper Hutt to Gisborne" on day one and "Rotorua to Upper Hutt" on day fourteen. Both these runs clocked up 538kms. Where we went in between will be revealed later when I have recharged my brain, but believe me it seemed like everywhere! Yes, that week of crap weather played its part in making us still wonder what the East Cape looks like cos we sure never saw anything other than mist, fog and rain when we rode it. In fact the weather was so miserable, we very nearly came home but it all turned out reet grand in t'end. Oh, nearly forgot... the CB, bless it! Not a single hiccough. Never skipped a beat. Bloody brilliant! She's lost her crown as the "fastidiously clean" Honda now though. Can anyone recommend a good all round spray on - hose off cack remover?

Meanwhile just some thanks to the following folks.

Mr & Mrs Kendog for recommending eateries in Gisborne.
Blackbird for (the offer of) a beer and a bite in Coromandel.
Zapf for coming out to play between Miranda and Howick.
Botany Honda for the "while you wait" rear tyre change.
T.I.E (the kitchen bitch!) for the L&P and chat at his Waiotu cafe.

judecatmad
24th January 2007, 14:04
Welcome back! We must catch up sometime soon :)

Sounds like you've had a jolly old time of it (I'm still stinging from the 'Upper Hutt to Rotorua' trip we did so I hope and pray that you had better weather! LOL).

Got piccies?

merv
24th January 2007, 15:27
Good one, glad you had a safe trip.

Trudes
24th January 2007, 18:52
Good to hear you're both back safe and sound and that bike has got some dirt on it (simple green for the cack). Stink about the cape though, and it's a Honda, course it never missed a beat!
Pics would be good and more adventure tales when you're up to it!:rockon:

Kendog
24th January 2007, 21:50
Yes welcome back.

Tis a real shame about the cape, just means you will have to go back and do it again :scooter:

Also looking forward to the pictures.

Lissa
24th January 2007, 21:54
Welcome back.. Bex and Ceebie!!!

ceebie13
25th January 2007, 11:17
Yes welcome back.

Tis a real shame about the cape, just means you will have to go back and do it again :scooter:

Also looking forward to the pictures.

What! and greet that grumpy old fart at Hick's Bay who insisted I pay first (in broad daylight!) before filling up. I mean...how the hell are you supposed to know how much you are gonna spend? Silly arse! Of course I had no choice but to comply. Then, when I went over the road (again) to get my change he moaned that the poor cagers behind couldn't get past the bike so could I move it first. I dunno...give a man a friggin' two-way radio and he thinks he's god! The mist, rain, sweaty dri-riders, soaked gloves and lack of decent coffee didn't help either. All jolly good fun though!