PDA

View Full Version : Puss n Boots

Panther
24th January 2007, 22:10
I'm looking to get some 'real' boots as in ones with proper ankle protection.

Does anyone have any advice on brands of boots that are value for money as well as offering great protection for that inevitable low or high side?

Panther
24th January 2007, 22:15
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puss_in_Boots_%28fairy_tale%29

Quasievil
24th January 2007, 22:17
I'm looking to get some 'real' boots as in ones with proper ankle protection.

Does anyone have any advice on brands of boots that are value for money as well as offering great protection for that inevitable low or high side?

Just did a google on plus size Boots for large people and came up with nothing, sorry dude. I can get you a size 15 with extra width around the ankles if ya like ???:shutup:

Panther
24th January 2007, 22:23
Wow that was quick Bret.
yeah elephantitis is quite the disability...if anyone wants photo evidence its in a thread in racing somewhere team something

Panther
24th January 2007, 22:24
But seriously i think im a nine...and i want some nice boots please santa

beyond
25th January 2007, 08:09
After my broken ankle I wanted some boots with heaps of ankle protection, twisting resistance from highsides with heaps of features and tightening points etc.

I settled for the new Sidi Vertigo Corsa Race Boots. They are expensive but again they are an excellent boot with air vents for summer, ratchet across the top of the foot to minimise broken toes, ratchet around the calf to keep everything in place, ceramic toe sliders for protection there as well as hanging off the bike, if that's your thing.

They are comfortable and riding is no problem on a road bike in them. You can look around to knock a fair bit of the suggested retail. I got mine at Colemans and they have a good range of Sidi boots there.

ajturbo
25th January 2007, 08:36
hey matey... i have a size 9 from Quazi... ( what's your account number Brett?)
want to try them on for size?

Kwaka14
25th January 2007, 08:40
Styl Martin to a boot they call StylSafe which is pretty good, somewhere around the $400 mark I think when I was looking....

Waylander
25th January 2007, 08:53
Wow that was quick Bret.
yeah elephantitis is quite the disability...if anyone wants photo evidence its in a thread in racing somewhere team something
I don't think this one should count. Needs to be bigger and more detailed.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50933&d=1168833552

ArcherWC
25th January 2007, 08:55
I settled for the new Sidi Vertigo Corsa Race Boots. .

Got my vote too

vifferman
25th January 2007, 09:34
Styl Martin to a boot they call StylSafe which is pretty good, somewhere around the $400 mark I think when I was looking....
Yeah, I've got those. Excellent for people with wide, flat feet like mine.
They are advertised (quite accurately) as "a boot within a boot". The inner boot has carbon fibre panels on the sides and back, and cups for the ankles. The outer boot has a large CF shin guard, and plastic cups for the heels and ankles and (I think) the toes. The boot is leather, 100% waterproof, has a removable/replaceable activated carbon insole (can be replaced with an orthotic sports insole instead). The boots are VERY comfy, and all the better for having velcro closures both sides of the calf, which almost no other boots apart from StylMartin have.

No, I'm not a rep for StylMartin; I just love these boots. They replace another pair of StylMartins - the Strada, which gave me several years of good service, and are still serviceable, apart from one wonky zip tooth.

The only shortcoming of these boots is that they could do with a toe slider to protect the little toe.

uhhh how about no

Playing hard to get? I love a challenge.

Panther
25th January 2007, 10:01
Are you??? :innocent:

go back to biker angels

Panther
25th January 2007, 10:06
Sidi Vertigo Corsa Race Boots. They are expensive.

What is your definition of expensive??
Are you all better now?

Panther
25th January 2007, 10:08
hey matey... i have a size 9 from Quazi... ( what's your account number Brett?)
want to try them on for size?

His parents spelt is bret with only one t

ArcherWC
25th January 2007, 10:17
What is your definition of expensive??
Are you all better now?
Around the $600 mark

Panther
25th January 2007, 10:20
Around the $600 mark

Cool thankyou

HenryDorsetCase
25th January 2007, 11:59
My partner has a pair of size 39 Diadora boots (which came from KBer BabyB) and they dont fit her that well. They are at least equivalent protection and looks wise to my Sidi (mid range) boots.. they have sliders and armour and such.

would that go anywhere near you? they would be around the $200 mark. If in Chch you can try them on.

Panther
25th January 2007, 15:10
awww you boys have been keeping the mods busy:innocent:

Panther
25th January 2007, 15:12
My partner has a pair of size 39 Diadora boots (which came from KBer BabyB) and they dont fit her that well. They are at least equivalent protection and looks wise to my Sidi (mid range) boots.. they have sliders and armour and such.

would that go anywhere near you? they would be around the $200 mark. If in Chch you can try them on.

atm i have sidi boots and they say
eur42
uk8
us8.5
jap26.5

but i think im looking for some 'hard out' ones

HenryDorsetCase
25th January 2007, 16:02
eur42
uk8
us8.5
jap26.5

no worries. If your boots are 42 these would be no where near you.

in my experience Sidi's are pretty consistent size-wise. i.e. any size 42 Sidi should fit the same. that cant be said of some other manufacturers....

good luck with the hunt.

Panther
25th January 2007, 17:14
thankyou :Punk:

Waylander
25th January 2007, 21:41
Hey what the hell? Weasle and I were on topic for all that. Talking about boots for Sallo right?

Could have atleast waited till she read it.:shutup:

I think she saw it, and turned it down :(

Waylander
25th January 2007, 22:00
A woman turn down a free pair of shoes? Damn now I really want to meet her.

Panther
26th January 2007, 07:35
you guys are gonna get the learn, im gonna think up something really dispicable!

A good spanking?

Disco Dan
26th January 2007, 10:17
A good spanking?

Make that two....

I got some boots here... some bird left them here... she was pretty fit too so prob fit ya ;)

dawnrazor
26th January 2007, 11:26
eur42
uk8
us8.5
jap26.5

Can't recommend SIDI, my pair have busted both zips and I have had to have them replaced, the velcro is well tired and they have not been heavily used.

When they finally die I will be looking at Alpinestars for replacemnets, but they are expensive, the top of the line stymartin might be a go. Oxtars are another great make, but I haven't seen them here.

Try www.motostrano.com for wicked deals on lots of bike gear, I saved heaps buying stuff from them and it was dead easy

see http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=40599&highlight=alpinestars for details

Waylander
26th January 2007, 15:37
A good spanking?

Make that two....

I got some boots here... some bird left them here... she was pretty fit too so prob fit ya ;)
Three perchance?

Panther
26th January 2007, 17:26
Can't recommend SIDI, my pair have busted both zips and I have had to have them replaced, the velcro is well tired and they have not been heavily used.

When they finally die I will be looking at Alpinestars for replacemnets, but they are expensive, the top of the line stymartin might be a go. Oxtars are another great make, but I haven't seen them here.

Try www.motostrano.com for wicked deals on lots of bike gear, I saved heaps buying stuff from them and it was dead easy

see http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=40599&highlight=alpinestars for details

thanks thats helpful

Panther
26th January 2007, 17:27
Three perchance?

isn't there a playground somewhere near by for you guys to occupy (with or without kids)

isn't there a playground somewhere near by for you guys to occupy (with or without kids)

Meet ya behind the bike sheds...

Satch
26th January 2007, 20:36
Meet ya behind the bike sheds...

leave her alone dude, not every chick wants to be hit on allll the time, Take it from someone who knows

McJim
26th January 2007, 21:05
I would recommend a pair of Gaerne boots - made in Italy - I find them very comfortable and I've abused them a lot - they're still good. $280 from Cycletreads - shin, ankle, heel and toe protection - toe sliders too - solid boot and waterproof too.

I've seen too many people spend a mint on Sidi boots only to see them disintigrate 6 months later.

Ask Maverick or TerminalAddict - they have the same boots as me.

Used to see a lot of poser cyclists go for Sidi too - great for one race - shot after that. Sidi is all about fitness for purpose - as long as you don't intend walking in them they're fine.

leave her alone dude, not every chick wants to be hit on allll the time, Take it from someone who knows

Who says I was hitting on her? and I've got enough experience of being an unwanted admirerer, that's what being a dick is all about.

Panther
27th January 2007, 07:03
I would recommend a pair of Gaerne boots - made in Italy - I find them very comfortable and I've abused them a lot - they're still good. $280 from Cycletreads - shin, ankle, heel and toe protection - toe sliders too - solid boot and waterproof too.

I've seen too many people spend a mint on Sidi boots only to see them disintigrate 6 months later.

Ask Maverick or TerminalAddict - they have the same boots as me.

Used to see a lot of poser cyclists go for Sidi too - great for one race - shot after that. Sidi is all about fitness for purpose - as long as you don't intend walking in them they're fine.

thanks
i just might have to go have a chat to the guys in cycletreads now!

McJim
27th January 2007, 07:11
thanks
i just might have to go have a chat to the guys in cycletreads now!

Cool - just tell them McJim sent you so I can keep getting good prices on tyres!

Cool - just tell them McJim sent you so I can keep getting good prices on tyres!

They'll be like... McWho?

And who would have thought a scot would be so penny-pinching?

Hailwood
29th January 2007, 09:20
I will echo the sentiment on the Stylsafe boots..have had mine for about 5 months and ridden in all sorts of weather..yes some Harleys go out in the rain!!!!

They are great, warm, waterproof and feel secure with the xtra carbon fibre boot in them. i got mine from Lou at AMPS via here (send him a PM) and he did me a great deal.....thanks again Lou

Panther
29th January 2007, 11:34
thanks dude can't wait to see those chaps