PDA

View Full Version : anyone feel like a ride this weekend

Quasievil
2nd August 2004, 21:44
Im thinking ahead here obviously, but with a new bike and all it needs to go out, dunno where but somewhere down here would be best or Coromandel area? if anyone keen pm me :msn-wink:

Motoracer
2nd August 2004, 21:50
Im thinking ahead here obviously, but with a new bike and all it needs to go out, dunno where but somewhere down here would be best or Coromandel area? if anyone keen pm me :msn-wink:

I'll be doin 22 on Saturday. Dunno what everyone else is doing though. How many Ks have you done on it Quasie?

Firefight
3rd August 2004, 07:26
I'll be doin 22 on Saturday. Dunno what everyone else is doing though. How many Ks have you done on it Quasie?

sorry MR, 22 is closed saturday !, Yep, you guessed right, working dayshift saturday.

F/F :wacko:

sAsLEX
3rd August 2004, 07:44
would like to pay day and all this week, but might stay off the bike for a wee bit, well fast long rides anyways, as the neck is real sore from the cage crash I had on sun!

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 07:48

Hi MR, Ive done about 300kms so far, not to much but that will change this weekend, if 22 is closed I will probably want to go down around the bennedale mangakino road and back up through Te Awamutu way, you keen for that?

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 07:49
sorry MR, 22 is closed saturday !, Yep, you guessed right, working dayshift saturday.

F/F :wacko:

You working Sunday FF ? maybe we could ride then ?

Firefight
3rd August 2004, 07:54
You working Sunday FF ? maybe we could ride then ?

wow , brett, only joking about 22 man, sunday is Mrs F/F day, so no ride. am heading down hams in about 40 mins, got 20k service at the new yam place, are you around for coffee later in the morn.

Dave

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 08:01
wow , brett, only joking about 22 man, sunday is Mrs F/F day, so no ride. am heading down hams in about 40 mins, got 20k service at the new yam place, are you around for coffee later in the morn.

Dave

I have to go to TGA for a pointy at 10.30am wont be back till around 3.00pm unfortunetly. pity could have showed you my new bike !! :ride:

Firefight
3rd August 2004, 08:04
I have to go to TGA for a pointy at 10.30am wont be back till around 3.00pm unfortunetly. pity could have showed you my new bike !! :ride:

Bugger, :disapint: next time mate,

F/F

Slim
3rd August 2004, 08:23
I'm in town if you still feel like a coffee, Dave

As to riding this weekend. A few of us are doing the Coromandel from Tauranga on Saturday, staying in Coromandel town overnight. If anyone hits the Coromandel, look out for The Man on his 916 with (dirty) red mohawk and myself on Honda with rabbit ears attached to helmet.

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 09:01
I'm in town if you still feel like a coffee, Dave

As to riding this weekend. A few of us are doing the Coromandel from Tauranga on Saturday, staying in Coromandel town overnight. If anyone hits the Coromandel, look out for The Man on his 916 with (dirty) red mohawk and myself on Honda with rabbit ears attached to helmet.

Hi Slim, long shot here, did you used to own a TRX as your guy having the 916 reminds me of a girl guy riding around the east cape a couple of years back we saw them out at the lighthouse me and my mate were on day four with dirty grubby adventure bikes we all had a chat at the end of the road by the light house, I think we were invited back for drinks to there freinds house who was on the back of the 916, just that they were from Hamilton, was it you guys ?

Slim
3rd August 2004, 10:03
The simple answer is that I've never owned a TRX, and the East Cape road is about the only main road in the North Island I haven't yet travelled. :)

The Man only brought his 916 in February and it's got a single seat unit. The guy you saw didn't have a huge ZZ Top-style beard did he? Cos I know of a Tauranga couple where the lady has a TRX, although I thought her man had a Guzzi. Hnmmmm.

V Twin Raver
3rd August 2004, 10:39
Hey there Brett

Congrats with the bike. I could well be keen for a blast in the weekend - depends on the weather really. Will keep an eye on things throughout the week.

Motoracer
3rd August 2004, 11:51
Hi MR, Ive done about 300kms so far, not to much but that will change this weekend, if 22 is closed I will probably want to go down around the bennedale mangakino road and back up through Te Awamutu way, you keen for that?

I don't mind any roads just as long as it is hell twisty with minimum straights. That's cause I wana ride the XR again and it's not that much fun sitting at 140-160 with sore arms fighting the wind!

P.S. Road conditions doesn't matter on the XR, it's so cool. I don't mind if there is road works, gravel, big bumps or even jumps (that'd be pretty sweet! :D).

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 14:30
Im keen for a ride in the arvo with my old man and maybe papparazzi..... on saturday somewhere down around kawakawa bay....... anyone keen????

dss3
3rd August 2004, 14:56
Im in if the snow's no good... Oakune (sp?) festival on this weekend!!

-Daryl

Motoracer
3rd August 2004, 15:08
Im in if the snow's no good... Oakune (sp?) festival on this weekend!!

-Daryl

Oh yea, forgot about that. Ski bunnies on the piss! Anyone going to that??

V Twin Raver
3rd August 2004, 16:25
Oh yea, forgot about that. Ski bunnies on the piss! Anyone going to that??

Hey there MR, we've got ski passes this year and are going down for the second time this season for 5 days as of the 11th - we did not organise ourselves properly for the Festival Weekend and inquire too late about accommodation so have missed out this time around. Anyway, you don't have to be there fore festval weekend to get pissed, their pubs down there wlecome you with open arms any time.......and they have big open fires.........YEEEHAAAA

Motoracer
3rd August 2004, 16:51
Hey there MR, we've got ski passes this year and are going down for the second time this season for 5 days as of the 11th - we did not organise ourselves properly for the Festival Weekend and inquire too late about accommodation so have missed out this time around. Anyway, you don't have to be there fore festval weekend to get pissed, their pubs down there wlecome you with open arms any time.......and they have big open fires.........YEEEHAAAA

Sounds cool! Although, I have decided to take up way too many things this year so I can't afford to go snowboarding. I was just gunna check out this festival as I have heard all about it from others who went last year.

loosebruce
3rd August 2004, 19:09

Saturday is all good for me, anywhere is all good for, love coromandel to bits but always keen to check out new roads, just like my intro to 22 last sat :D

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 19:19
Im tending towards the Coromandel at this stage as the roads down south can still be icy even after midday so safer on the loop ?
What ya reckon? :ride:

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 19:32
Sounds cool! Although, I have decided to take up way too many things this year so I can't afford to go snowboarding. I was just gunna check out this festival as I have heard all about it from others who went last year.

MR on a Snowboard, now that would be a sight now wouldnt it :eek5:

loosebruce
3rd August 2004, 20:10
Im tending towards the Coromandel at this stage as the roads down south can still be icy even after midday so safer on the loop ?
What ya reckon? :ride:

Coromandel sounds like a plan quasi, i just got to be in akld by 6pm at the latest :niceone:

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 20:15
Coromandel sounds like a plan quasi, i just got to be in akld by 6pm at the latest :niceone:

Sunday good for you ??

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 20:27
Hey Quasi, is there somewhere myself and the old man can meet you guys up in the arvo???is this on saturday or sunday?????

loosebruce
3rd August 2004, 20:34
Sunday good for you ??

My arm could be twisted for sunday gotta chat to mate first see if i can do what i am doing on sunday on saturday instead but still the same deal gotta be back in akld for 5-6pm for work.

Quasievil
3rd August 2004, 20:40
Hey Quasi, is there somewhere myself and the old man can meet you guys up in the arvo???is this on saturday or sunday?????

Hi , yeah sure ,Im thinking Sunday,will stop at Whitianga for Lunch then over Hill as always to Coromandel then down to Kopu, where you going to be, maybe we can hook up for lunch, you on bikes?

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 21:05
Hi , yeah sure ,Im thinking Sunday,will stop at Whitianga for Lunch then over Hill as always to Coromandel then down to Kopu, where you going to be, maybe we can hook up for lunch, you on bikes?
its looking like i will have sunday off, so might make the whole ride, will let you know closer to the date... Yep we will be on bikes, me on the RG him on the CBR

loosebruce
3rd August 2004, 21:59
Sunday good for you ??

Jus got off the phone and sunday is all good for me quasi, guess you'll get a meeting place an a time sorted later this week

Cajun
4th August 2004, 07:45
I be good for sunday if possible.

V Twin Raver
4th August 2004, 07:59
At this stage all day Sunday, all good for me. Jane is working all day Sunday (amazing what paying double time will do for people who have a 'no working weekends' policy!!).

Looking forward to seeing you show that Kwaka whose boss Brett.

Quasievil
4th August 2004, 08:08
At this stage all day Sunday, all good for me. Jane is working all day Sunday (amazing what paying double time will do for people who have a 'no working weekends' policy!!).

Looking forward to seeing you show that Kwaka whose boss Brett.

Great I guess we should start thinking about a time ? meet at Kopu mobil at say 11am ? as a suggestion that way the Auckland crew can meet at the autobarn at 9.30 away at 10am at kopu at 11am ?? make sence ,waht ya all reckon?

Cajun
4th August 2004, 08:11
sounds like a plan,

V Twin Raver
4th August 2004, 08:23
Great I guess we should start thinking about a time ? meet at Kopu mobil at say 11am ? as a suggestion that way the Auckland crew can meet at the autobarn at 9.30 away at 10am at kopu at 11am ?? make sence ,waht ya all reckon?

Me says goody goody. However, how many Aucklanders want to get to Kopu via Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Kaiaua (sp?), Kopu? We would have to allow an hour from Clevedon?? Let me know & we will make a plan for the 1st stint.

loosebruce
4th August 2004, 15:47
Me says goody goody. However, how many Aucklanders want to get to Kopu via Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Kaiaua (sp?), Kopu? We would have to allow an hour from Clevedon?? Let me know & we will make a plan for the 1st stint.

11am at Kopu :2thumbsup the 9.30 at papakura AB sounds the plan for me though, im workin nights V twin Raver otherwise i'd be all keen for that first stint.

DEATH_INC.
4th August 2004, 17:02
Doesn't take that long,an hour from the a/b should be enough.
Dunno if We'll make it,gotta go north(cage)sat,see how broke we are...... :spudwhat:

wkid_one
4th August 2004, 17:03
feeling like one and going to be able to go on one are two different questions

Two Smoker
4th August 2004, 17:44
Alright everyone, I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!! Just got the news that im not working on sunday !!! :)

Cant wait to have a good look at your bikes Cajun and Quasi :niceone:

Hey Bruce ill be there at 0930 :niceone:

Wonko
4th August 2004, 19:02
I'll be there, unless I've got a hangover from the night before

loosebruce
5th August 2004, 00:21
I'll be there, unless I've got a hangover from the night before

Sweat az TS see you there, and wonko bring that handy camera of yours again to, don't wanna hear none of this hangover crap, be there :niceone:

White trash
5th August 2004, 08:20
I'll be there. Auto Bahn, Papakura at 9.30, right?

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 08:44
I'll be there. Auto Bahn, Papakura at 9.30, right?

Are you riding? If yes, then what?

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 09:01
Are you riding? If yes, then what?

Just saw the other thread.

sAsLEX
5th August 2004, 09:40
Damn you people, have an engineering ball the night before and was contemplating a day of being hungover and feeling sorry for myself after gettin up at the casual hour of 1300.

Now I am going to have to grab a few pies and litres of water before passing out and setting multiple alarms to get out of bed at some ungodly hour!!

heres hopiing for a bit of :sunny: :sunny:

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 09:57
Damn you people, have an engineering ball the night before and was contemplating a day of being hungover and feeling sorry for myself after gettin up at the casual hour of 1300.

Now I am going to have to grab a few pies and litres of water before passing out and setting multiple alarms to get out of bed at some ungodly hour!!

heres hopiing for a bit of :sunny: :sunny:

You gotta thrash the shit out of your body while you are still young and able to! It's all good man!! :Punk:

sAsLEX
5th August 2004, 10:00
and thrash the wallet while its still only a few days since pay day!!

Two Smoker
5th August 2004, 17:26
Man this is going to be a mint ride!!! Im just gutted as my leathers wont be ready :weep:

sAsLEX
5th August 2004, 17:43
find some of those skate board knee protectors, a chopping board, and with a bit of KK magic you will still be dragging your knee. I have a spare leather jacket if you would like to borrow it!

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 17:57
Man this is going to be a mint ride!!! Im just gutted as my leathers wont be ready :weep:
Hey chris -if you fit em you can borrow my leathers for the ride.
-rule though --you fuck em you own em
Ya could break in my new knee scrapers for me

Two Smoker
5th August 2004, 18:01
Hey chris -if you fit em you can borrow my leathers for the ride.
-rule though --you fuck em you own em
Ya could break in my new knee scrapers for me
Nah it will be sweet Tony, thanks for the offer :niceone: but once again dont want to risk a large amount of my deposit for the gixxer if i bin it :wacko:

Wonko
5th August 2004, 18:03
Unfortunalty it's not my camera, I managed to borrow it for the weekend from a workmate to take pis of friends nwe baby girl. Seems I got some shots of other people's baby's too :)

loosebruce
5th August 2004, 23:08
Sweet this is looking to be a good ride, pray for the sunshine, bummer about the camera wonko, i'll bring my video camrea along anyway (i'm sure WT will show us some stand up wheelies on that ZXR he has or more likely he'll borrow my TL and show me how it's supposed to be wheelied :not: ).

sAsLEX
6th August 2004, 07:55
I have a camera I will bring unless I forget...

Quasievil
6th August 2004, 08:09
I have a camera I will bring unless I forget...
You mean if you drink so much on Saturday night you fall over in a drunkin Stupor and loose all short term memory forget where you live dont get home in time for the ride
OR
you hit the town meet a awesome girl she takes you home locks you in the Bedroom for the weekend and you instantly forget your mates

Oh to be young again

sAsLEX
6th August 2004, 17:21
You mean if you drink so much on Saturday night you fall over in a drunkin Stupor and loose all short term memory forget where you live dont get home in time for the ride
OR
you hit the town meet a awesome girl she takes you home locks you in the Bedroom for the weekend and you instantly forget your mates

Oh to be young again

better not or the missus might get a little angry!! :angry2:

Quasievil
6th August 2004, 17:33
better not or the missus might get a little angry!! :angry2:
Shit didnt know ya had one, Oh well look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
I am supposed to be picking up a digital movie/ camera tommorrow $2500 worth so I will bring it along and get some Action down:2thumbsup

Two Smoker
6th August 2004, 19:37
Alright it is definate, i will be there, as will my old man :niceonne: i will get him to bring a camera, and ill *try* and do some stunts for the camera's but am bound to fuck up :wacko: :crazy:

Quasievil
6th August 2004, 21:20
Alright it is definate, i will be there, as will my old man :niceonne: i will get him to bring a camera, and ill *try* and do some stunts for the camera's but am bound to fuck up :wacko: :crazy:
Better not fuck up cause I will have it on film and the next day it will be on the forum :yeah: :yeah:
Well if ya let me, and assuming I can learn to drive it in time

loosebruce
6th August 2004, 21:35

If you do fuck up chances are i'll be right behind ya TS lying on the road that is, after my chambon inspired nac nac wheelie goes horribly wrong

dss3
7th August 2004, 14:38
hey Quasi, (and all other hamiltron riders) keen to meet up for the ride over? When? Where?

Sight ya
Daryl

Quasievil
7th August 2004, 15:18
hey Quasi, (and all other hamiltron riders) keen to meet up for the ride over? When? Where?

Sight ya
Daryl
Hey man what about my place at say 9.30am ?? give us a bit of time to get there, we will go to Kopu for 11.00am:msn-wink:

dss3
7th August 2004, 15:37
Sweet c ya then. Just have to remember not to get carried away with the AB victory celebrations tonigh! :first: :drinknsin

V Twin Raver
7th August 2004, 19:56
Hey there Quas, just seen forecast for tommorrow - not too flash - prob worse than today - are you going no matter what the weather??

If you get up tommorrow & decide to give it a miss could you txt me & let me know?? 027 2104226

Cheers

Quasievil
7th August 2004, 20:29
Hey there Quas, just seen forecast for tommorrow - not too flash - prob worse than today - are you going no matter what the weather??

If you get up tommorrow & decide to give it a miss could you txt me & let me know?? 027 2104226

Cheers
ERR unsure, I want to want to want to go ,but fuck if its pissing down I think it will be a waste of time, but yea I will text ya if Im out

Two Smoker
7th August 2004, 20:59
I should be out no matter the weather, ive just borrowed MRs brothers leathers.....they are a bit "tight" (imagine high pitched voice.....) so i have to wear my back protector on the outside lol..... but good news is i have sliders so can up the pace a little..... But if it is really pissing down i will most likely just wear my wet weather gear.....

DEATH_INC.
7th August 2004, 21:36
Looks like I'll be there,weather permitting......

loosebruce
8th August 2004, 01:33
I'll be there rain or shine guys, please shine please shine

Two Smoker
8th August 2004, 07:38
Well ill be there, its a mixture of rain AND shine at the moment.....

DEATH_INC.
8th August 2004, 07:43
Lookin at the sky maps there's a bit of rain around at the mo,but looks like it'll clear up later.......must be worth the punt..... :scooter:

Actually,looking around,we should be heading north,it's nice and blue up that way.....

DEATH_INC.
8th August 2004, 08:39
What's the word guys?still heading out?It's bloody awful black down south....

Quasievil
8th August 2004, 08:41
What's the word guys?still heading out?It's bloody awful black down south....
YUP game on, Im leaving with Dss3 at 9.30am, the weather word is not that bad so give it a punt, beats sitting at home all day wishing it was perfect sun

Quasievil
8th August 2004, 09:43
We are leaving Now, a bit of sunshine to WOHHHAAAAA:niceone: