PDA

View Full Version : Demerit points for no licence?

pervert
26th January 2007, 11:51
Was wondering if anyone knew FOR SURE if the $55 fine for not carrying your drivers licence carries any demerit points?

Also, does the $150 no seatbelt fine have any demerit points associated with it if you are the driver of the vehicle?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but as I've never had either fine I'm not 100%.

I'm on 90 demerits for the next six months, so I'd hate to loose my licence for either of those laughable little offences. :laugh:

Edbear
26th January 2007, 11:53
Now, I may be a bit obtuse, here, but how about this for an idea? Carry your licence with you and wear a seatbelt...:innocent:

scumdog
26th January 2007, 12:00
This MUST be a troll, right?

You MAY forget to take your licence with you but forget to put your seat-belt on? sheesh!

People like that NEED demerits for forgetting to put it on but sadly there are none.

pervert
26th January 2007, 12:08
No-one said anything about forgetting anything...:laugh:

scumdog
26th January 2007, 12:11

So you enjoy frittering away $150 from time to time?

Must be dang sight richer than me and could afford a taxi for three months if you DID lose your licence from demerits.!!

Patrick
26th January 2007, 12:11

But don't forget to bitch and moan about it on here when you get ticketed for it...:zzzz:

pervert
26th January 2007, 12:17
So you enjoy frittering away $150 from time to time?

It doesn't both me much...if it happens it happens. It's all about risks I guess, like most things in life.

If that $150 didn't get wasted on that fine, it would have been wasted on something else. I won't loose any sleep over it.

But don't forget to bitch and moan about it on here when you get ticketed for it...:zzzz:

I've never done that, and never would...I deserve any fines I receive and pay them within due dates.

Patrick
26th January 2007, 12:19
It doesn't both me much...if it happens it happens.

If that $150 didn't get wasted on that fine, it would have been wasted on something else. I won't loose any sleep over it.

But at least you'd be spending it on what "you" want.

pervert
26th January 2007, 12:20
But at least you'd be spending it on what "you" want.

I'll just spend the other money on what "I" want...:laugh:

HRT
26th January 2007, 21:28
Dont be such a lazy bastard :yes:

At least you have BMX for when they do take it ;)

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/roadcode/driver-responsibility/stepping-over-the-line1.html
http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/legislation/penalty.html

<insert other such "I'm better than you because I dont ask stupid quesions" comments here>

NighthawkNZ
26th January 2007, 21:34
shall i answer this thread or not... errr nope :shutup:

pervert
27th January 2007, 06:49

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/roadcode/driver-responsibility/stepping-over-the-line1.html

<insert other such "I'm better than you because I dont ask stupid quesions" comments here>

Haha thanks dude, I was interested in winding the cops on here up as much as the answer though, hence the lazyness...

It's funny how I said to you the other day I was back down to 55 and it's the first time in ages I've been that low, then two day's later I'm back to 90...:laugh:

Mr. Peanut
27th January 2007, 07:07

You forgot the third one :sunny:
http://www.donuts.co.nz/net/our-menu.aspx

McJim
27th January 2007, 07:09
There is an approach I should have taken back in 1987...that was not bother getting a licence at all - then they can fine you all they like but they can't give you any demerit points

Grahameeboy
27th January 2007, 07:30
Freedom of speech.......................

Patrick
27th January 2007, 09:36
I was interested in winding the cops on here up...

It's funny how I said to you the other day I was back down to 55 and it's the first time in ages I've been that low, then two day's later I'm back to 90...:laugh:

S........L..........O..........W
L........E..........A..........R............N..... .....E...........R..........

Patrick
27th January 2007, 09:40
There is an approach I should have taken back in 1987...that was not bother getting a licence at all - then they can fine you all they like but they can't give you any demerit points

Yes they can...a number is generated just for you...you get suspended from "holding or obtaining a drivers licence..."

pervert
27th January 2007, 09:55
S........L..........O..........W
L........E..........A..........R............N..... .....E...........R..........

I wouldn't say that, I have never lost my licence before, and I don't intend to either.

I've been on 90 a few times before, and I've always managed to be good for the required time frame.

RT527
27th January 2007, 10:01
hmmm I dont think I`ve ever had any demerit points.

What are they?

HRT
28th January 2007, 16:37
They're also known as "cool points" :Punk:

Patrick
28th January 2007, 18:45
They're also known as "cool points" :Punk:

Get 100 and cool yer heels for three months?

HRT
28th January 2007, 19:04
Haha, something like that :yes:

pervert
28th January 2007, 20:35
Get 100 and cool yer heels for three months?

Yet another choice in life is to continuing driving for three months anyway...:laugh:

Some get caught and that's not a good time, some don't and all is well...I think it's called risk management or something like that...

McJim
28th January 2007, 20:40
Yes they can...a number is generated just for you...you get suspended from "holding or obtaining a drivers licence..."

Shame I haven't had any demerit points in over 20 years of road use then - there's an opportunity missed. Always wanted someone to de something "Just for me"!

Unfortunately I'm law abiding which means I get butt fUcked by the crims and then butt fucked by the state. :(

Oh happy day....

moko
29th January 2007, 14:36
Also, does the $150 no seatbelt fine have any demerit points associated with it if you are the driver of the vehicle?

Not if you`re riding a motorcycle

pervert
29th January 2007, 14:38
Not if you`re riding a motorcycle

Please enlighten me as to how one would go about getting a $150 fine for failure to wear a seatbelt...on a motorcycle?

Ixion
29th January 2007, 15:13
Easy. Here y'go

pervert
29th January 2007, 15:15
Easy. Here y'go

Haha well done, I knew someone would have an answer for that...:laugh:

scumdog
30th January 2007, 21:33
hmmm I dont think I`ve ever had any demerit points.

What are they?

Dunno, but I once DID think about getting a couple - they seem to be trandy with certain KBers :dodge:

pervert
31st January 2007, 08:53
I'm pretty trandy alright! :laugh:

RedKLR650
31st January 2007, 09:24
I've never done that, and never would...I deserve any fines I receive and pay them within due dates.
Hi All,
Having had a few walks over the years due to demerit points ( being a photographer means lots of Km's and being late isn't acceptable ) I have a couple of tips for those who do get ticketed. Pay all the early tickets IMMEDIATELY as demerit points kick in the day you pay them ( or the day it goes to court for you not paying within the 3 months) then when you get to a number where the next one will put you over, if you do get caught, wait the full 3 months before paying, and sometimes some of those early ones will have dropped off. Cheers, Stu :scooter:
P.S. All were in a car, never been caught on the bike :whocares:

pervert
31st January 2007, 10:38
Hi All,
Having had a few walks over the years due to demerit points ( being a photographer means lots of Km's and being late isn't acceptable ) I have a couple of tips for those who do get ticketed. Pay all the early tickets IMMEDIATELY as demerit points kick in the day you pay them ( or the day it goes to court for you not paying within the 3 months) then when you get to a number where the next one will put you over, if you do get caught, wait the full 3 months before paying, and sometimes some of those early ones will have dropped off. Cheers, Stu :scooter:
P.S. All were in a car, never been caught on the bike :whocares:

You're tripping. Demerits points are entered the day you pay the fine or settle it in court, but are EFFECTIVE from the date of infringement. So that doesn't work at all.

Don't believe me? Ring the LTSA, or have a read next time you get the letter telling you that you're over 50 points...:yes:

scumdog
31st January 2007, 12:46
I'm pretty trandy alright! :laugh:

Being trEndy might be cool but I'm not keen on the $$$$ needed to be spent just to be trendy!!!!! (and walking).

How much have YOU spent to be 'trandy'?

pervert
31st January 2007, 13:51
Being trEndy might be cool but I'm not keen on the $$$$ needed to be spent just to be trendy!!!!! (and walking).

How much have YOU spent to be 'trandy'?

Haha, managed to press the 'E' key instead of the 'A' key this time did you? Let's hope you weren't inferring I mis-spelled the word unintentionally.

Dunno, but I once DID think about getting a couple - they seem to be trandy with certain KBers :dodge:

scumdog
31st January 2007, 16:38
Haha, managed to press the 'E' key instead of the 'A' key this time did you? Let's hope you weren't inferring I mis-spelled the word unintentionally.

My bad - 'speeed-wobbles' on the keyboard eh?

pervert
31st January 2007, 18:29
My bad - 'speeed-wobbles' on the keyboard eh?

I'm sure even Hitcher suffers from it from time to time, all good Mr Dog...:yes: