PDA

View Full Version : Would be better if you could respond to offer on trademe?

cowboyz
27th January 2007, 07:32
Looking at several bikes lately on trademe and some are just too dear for what they are. When the auction finishes and an offer made would it be better if instead of accept/decline you could counteroffer?

James Deuce
27th January 2007, 07:37
Yeah, I agree. I suggested this to Trademe but was told that it wasn't in keeping with the spirit of the site.

JimO
27th January 2007, 07:42
Yeah, I agree. I suggested this to Trademe but was told that it wasn't in keeping with the spirit of the site.

what trade me dont want is being left out of the loop

cowboyz
27th January 2007, 07:47
huh? How is it not keeping in the spirit of the site? That is just silly. But then it is owned by Austrialians now.

Just had some more thoughts (hurt too)

Not only could you counteroffer but make that counteroffer binding. So it goes to auction with a reserve, reserve doesn't get met so it goes up for tender if you like. Then the seller can choose the best price or decide its not for sale.

cowboyz
27th January 2007, 07:48

but you pay when listing so how are they left out?

erik
27th January 2007, 07:52
In this case it wouldn't put them out of the loop since bike listings are a fixed price as far as I'm aware.

Krusti
27th January 2007, 08:41
I would tend to agree but if you where really interested would you have not allready spoken with the seller or asked a heap of questions?

If you had bid your highest offer has allready been lodged?

Changing the system would mean every one would wait for the offer and not bid?

I have found the best way is to ring and make my offer...as long as the ph number has been listed..

No I do not own Trade Me!

scracha
27th January 2007, 09:03
With so many users on this site wouldn't it be even cooler if we just had our own auction system. I reckon within a few months every motorcyclist in NZ would know about it and stick too fingers up to Tardme. It'd also generate some much needed income for our poor struggling webmaster.

kro
27th January 2007, 10:23
scracha has a good point.

Once again, Trademe propagates the sellers market, which is wrong.

scracha
27th January 2007, 14:09
scracha has a good point.

Once again, Trademe propagates the sellers market, which is wrong.

What say we mention this on the site enhancements forum thingiemibobbery. I reckon about 10 bucks to list a bike (stuff selling fees and all that carp) and maybe a buck to list parts, acessories etc. That way it'd stop it becoming full of $hite that nobody wants to buy (ala trademe). Keep it motorcycle only too. Either that or it could be the one section of the site partly paid for by Google ads (and maybe offer a subscription to turn that off)?