PDA

View Full Version : Riding on a beach near kids?

McDuck
27th January 2007, 11:14
i was on the beach and two guys on trail bike were at full throttle on the beach (i dont have a problem with this) but the guys were doing about 80kph like 20m away from kids. what do you think? should they slow down and should i get pissed off with them when they dont? there is about 8kms of beach with maby 500m with kids on it.

Motu
27th January 2007, 13:11
What's the point in hooning around on a beach where there is no one to watch? Check out Kariotahi Beach some summer weekend - the beach is packed with off road vehicles....but 3 km down the beach there is not a soul.Egos need to be pampered - are you denying them this basic human right?

blacksheep
27th January 2007, 13:29
baby goats on the beach,them buggers get everywhere!

sunhuntin
27th January 2007, 13:37
not good, cos you never know what kids are gonna do.
but then, its not much different to riding 50k past a school when the kids are at lunch. the school near me has no fencing, and i refuse to ride that way cos one might come belting out after a ball.

so long as the kids know not to go running into their path, its all good. but thats the whole point of being at the beach.

honestly, there should be a section clearly signposted as being for off road vehicles only, and have it a decent size as well. kinda like swim between the flags.

McDuck
27th January 2007, 13:37
What's the point in hooning around on a beach where there is no one to watch? Check out Kariotahi Beach some summer weekend - the beach is packed with off road vehicles....but 3 km down the beach there is not a soul.Egos need to be pampered - are you denying them this basic human right?

i would be ok if they were not going fast when they could get hit etc. once the bike has gone past it is manditory to show off.

tipper
29th January 2007, 16:56
once the bike has gone past it is manditory to show off.

get a Jet Ski. then everyone will know FOR SURE that you are a tosser :)

KATWYN
29th January 2007, 17:44
so long as the kids know not to go running into their path, its all good.

Chance is a fine thing, unfortunately they might learn by accident. Just like kids shouldn't squeal & run when theres a
strange dog around. It doesn't stop them doing it. Kids are kids

The beach is a public road too- so the off roaders are in a whole lotta truble if they aren't warrented and
registered and something happens

sunhuntin
29th January 2007, 17:52
Chance is a fine thing, unfortunately they might learn by accident. Just like kids shouldn't squeal & run when theres a

The beach is a public road too.

yeh....thats kinda the point i was tryin to make...barely *actually invisible* sarcasm.
learning by getting hurt by the kids own stupidity is sometimes the only. but learning with the aid of someone elses stupidity is not the way to go. in this case, the off road biker is in the wrong. should be off up the beach a little ways were kids can watch, but be safe out of the way.

Manxman
29th January 2007, 17:56
get a Jet Ski. then everyone will know FOR SURE that you are a tosser :)

Here, here...:laugh:

Dai
29th January 2007, 18:55

Thats where we used to hold the beach races. Sand was harder packed and we didnt want kids getting in the way

NordieBoy
29th January 2007, 20:04

The beach is a public road too

Damn kids, playing on the road again.

Denniso
29th January 2007, 20:44
Slowig down is the answer coz it's a pain in the butt pulling pieces of child out of your bike and they insist on wearing clothes that melt to hot parts of the bike that are a bastard to clean off.

Motu
29th January 2007, 21:50
What the hell are kids doing on the beach in the first place!?? What are their parents thinking? They should be at home,tucked up safely in front of their computers.

Ixion
29th January 2007, 21:55
Definately slow down for kids. It's like cornering - slow in fast out.

Slow down to make sure you've got the aim right, then roll the throttle on gradually, and pin it just before y'impact the kid.

That way y'don't risk losing one if they try to dodge y'