PDA

View Full Version : Harley towed by a Gixxer - Wairarapa

Deano
29th January 2007, 13:09
A mate said he saw a broken down Harley getting a tow from Masterton, heading to Wellington yesterday.........by a Gixxer Thousand......:laugh:

Apparently the Harley rider did not look very amused. The American Iron Horse getting a tow from a shitty piece of Jap crap......:shutup:

Good to see some camaraderie between the classes eh ?

jtzzr
29th January 2007, 13:16
:shutup: :shutup: :rofl: :rofl:

Didn't look amused? probably the first time he's been over 70kph...

bistard
29th January 2007, 13:26
Come on Deano,where is the photographic evidence???
That would be funny!!

Deano
29th January 2007, 13:30
Come on Deano,where is the photographic evidence???

I wish there was mate.

Swoop
29th January 2007, 13:40
It is amazing what you see when you do not have either a camera or a gun....

SixPackBack
29th January 2007, 13:41
Hope Gixxer rider slowed down for the corners:rockon:

merv
29th January 2007, 16:41
Well lets be honest Deano, do you know if your Honda even came with a tool kit?

As a good samaritan I always have a tow rope in my Ventura bag just in case some bike needs a tow.

Deano
29th January 2007, 16:48
Well lets be honest Deano, do you know if your Honda even came with a tool kit?

Yep - used it to adjust the suspenders after just buying it and 'trying' out 'old 22' on the way back from Auck.

Bloody stock settings were way too firm.

I'm surprised they managed to squeeze the thing into the rear section of the Repsol though - it's arse is very tight.

As a good samaritan I always have a tow rope in my Ventura bag just in case some bike needs a tow.

I'll stop and see if there's anything I can do, or give a lift to the petrol garage in the rare instance that I've not got the seat cowl on, but I ride a motorcycle, not a tow truck.

merv
29th January 2007, 17:04
Yeah well I was joking about tool kits because many years ago on a South Island tour while stopped at Haast for the night a well known BMW rider was trying to show us what a lovely tool kit his bike came with - a couple of us Honda owners looked at each other and joked - "you got a tool kit?", "dunno mate never needed to look for it".

I've rarely ridden with Harleys so don't know much about their reliability, but one guy decides to come with us and he accelerates off and promptly pulled his left handgrip off the bar leading to a bit of a moment. I hope the rest of their parts are stuck on better than that.

merv
29th January 2007, 17:06
I'm surprised they managed to squeeze the thing into the rear section of the Repsol though - it's arse is very tight.

Did they design it to fit White Trash?

Timber020
29th January 2007, 20:18
At a combine weight of about 370kgs and 160hp the gixxer puts out it still probably improves the power to weight of the harley than if it was alone under its own power.

All bikes break down eventually, would have made a good pic though

Shadows
30th January 2007, 00:34
At a combine weight of about 370kgs and 160hp the gixxer puts out it still probably improves the power to weight of the harley than if it was alone under its own power.

Quite right. But it would have sounded like shit! :dodge:

Edbear
30th January 2007, 05:54
I've rarely ridden with Harleys so don't know much about their reliability, but one guy decides to come with us and he accelerates off and promptly pulled his left handgrip off the bar leading to a bit of a moment. I hope the rest of their parts are stuck on better than that.

So do I. My sister and Bro-in-Law are flying down from Hamilton to Chch on the 7th to ride the '97 Softail back they've just bought! :scooter: Apparently been owned 9 years by current owner who's off over seas... My younger Sis and Bro-in-Law are riding their new C90 down from Wellsford to Wellington to meet up with them. I'm peeved I can't go too! Something to do with having had my holidays and going back to work. Life's unfair at times...:bye:

limbimtimwim
30th January 2007, 06:55
I was there, and it looked like this.

SixPackBack
30th January 2007, 07:05
I was there, and it looked like this.

BAHAHAHAHAHA:rockon:

merv
30th January 2007, 10:40
Damn that Gixxer is pulling so hard its turned itself inside out.

nudemetalz
30th January 2007, 11:40
I love that pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!