PDA

View Full Version : Shiny! I need shiny!

Donor
29th January 2007, 20:31
I know I will suffer beatings for this but...

SOMEONE SWAP ME A SHINY BIKE FOR DAISY!!!

Sigh...

So often I arrive at rides with the "ugly duckling" ... I know Daisy is well loved by one and all, but I just don't know when I will have the cash or time to either bring her up to her former glory, or find something else to replace her while she takes some time off the road...

I'm so confused... *sob*

S'cuse me as I go and flameproof my PM inbox...

Ixion
29th January 2007, 20:57
Its a two smoker . They don't do shiny. Just settle for being noisy smelly antisocial and obnoxious. And fast. Very fast. The perfect biker.

NighthawkNZ
29th January 2007, 20:57
So often I arrive at rides with the "ugly duckling" ... I know Daisy is well loved by one and all, but I just don't know when I will have the cash or time to either bring her up to her former glory, or find something else to replace her while she takes some time off the road...

You look after her... she'll lokk after you... ;)

Donor
29th January 2007, 20:59
Its a two smoker . They don't do shiny. Just settle for being noisy smelly antisocial and obnoxious. And fast. Very fast. The perfect biker.

But I want to conform! I want whiny, zippy and relatively safe... hells teeth, I think I just described my wife...

maybe
29th January 2007, 21:00
:rockon: Dont always need polish realiability the big one.

Chisanga
29th January 2007, 21:01
Somehow, Donor, the thought of you on a 'pretty' bike is just wrong. Maybe it's like some people say with our pets... the motorcycle reflects the owner and vice versa (Hmmmm... I think I just called you an Ugly Duckling :))

I think your bike is cool. Just harden up and be grateful that you are a biker at all :lol:

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:01
You look after her... she'll lokk after you... ;)

This is the free bike that has so far cost me a grand... admittedly small things like obtaining a license, registering, warranting, riding gear and a new tyre pretty much accounts of $990 of that...

But that's not the point. Or is it...

I really have to stop posting when sober...

Steam
29th January 2007, 21:06
Let it get REALLY ugly and dirty and then post a picture of it here http://ratbike.org and then many odd British Bodgers will love you and compliment you on how ugly it is.

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:10
Somehow, Donor, the thought of you on a 'pretty' bike is just wrong. Maybe it's like some people say with our pets... the motorcycle reflects the owner and vice versa (Hmmmm... I think I just called you an Ugly Duckling :))

Closest thing to a compliment I've had in a while on the personal level - I'll accept it! :D

I think your bike is cool. Just harden up and be grateful that you are a biker at all :lol:

I thank all that is good on 2 wheels each and every day for the ability to piss cage pilots off with my uber care free air conditioning.

I just wish sometimes I could do it in a bit more... style...

Chisanga
29th January 2007, 21:15

Buy a VTR250 then and i'll let you join the "cool" club :rofl:

toymachine
29th January 2007, 21:17
Don't make Daisy shiny. The look is the only thing holding the poor bike together. If you had the name Daisy would you want the only thing showing the real you taken away? Thats a tough bike, don't give it looks to match it's name.

Ixion
29th January 2007, 21:23

Style? style? You need more #8 wire and gaffer tape. And pull the cable on the oil pump a bit so it makes more smoke. That's style.

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:35
Don't make Daisy shiny. The look is the only thing holding the poor bike together. If you had the name Daisy would you want the only thing showing the real you taken away? Thats a tough bike, don't give it looks to match it's name.

A bit like a boy named Sue?

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:36
Style? style? You need more #8 wire and gaffer tape. And pull the cable on the oil pump a bit so it makes more smoke. That's style.

But... but... SHINY!

Chisanga
29th January 2007, 21:41
But... but... SHINY!

Buy a shiny Elvis jumpsuit to wear whilst you ride her then

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:46
Buy a shiny Elvis jumpsuit to wear whilst you ride her then

Welcome to the Hardcore posting group dude!

I couldn't wear anything that could possibly rival your work uniform!

Ixion
29th January 2007, 21:48
Now where in here do you see shiney? and y'don't get any more style than the Ace.

xwhatsit
29th January 2007, 21:48
But... but... SHINY!

You still sure you don't want to swap for mine? ^_^ Mine's silver -- really shiny! :D

Buddy, you have the sweetest little bike. If I had one of those, there's very few I'd want to swap it for.

But that said, if you do lose your mind and decide to sell it, promise you'll put it up for sale on KB first! I'll sell my kidneys and we'll talk...

You'd be mad to give up Daisy though. Don't be so superficial :D

Jeaves
29th January 2007, 21:49

:rofl: :rofl:

Disco Dan
29th January 2007, 21:49
what about some silver foil? :innocent:

Disco Dan
29th January 2007, 21:50
Now where in here do you see shiney? and y'don't get any more style than the Ace.

Which ones you then? :shutup:

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:53

I'll bet none of those are yellow... and are named Daisy... and ummm... are Yamahas!

Donor
29th January 2007, 21:58
You still sure you don't want to swap for mine? ^_^ Mine's silver -- really shiny! :D

Buddy, you have the sweetest little bike. If I had one of those, there's very few I'd want to swap it for.

But that said, if you do lose your mind and decide to sell it, promise you'll put it up for sale on KB first! I'll sell my kidneys and we'll talk...

You'd be mad to give up Daisy though. Don't be so superficial :D

Heh...

It's not so much the image really, it just that she's not really what I wanted in a first bike.

Though the Mrs leaned over a short while ago (must shorten that bloody chain from the stove!), saw what I was on about, and told me I'm not allowed to get rid of Daisy in a hurry.

Of course, now I have to seriously think about it, to discover a way to piss the wife off and not act on it, is just plain WRONG!

Ixion
29th January 2007, 22:01
Gawd, you're hard to pleae

Well what about this one. It's yellow, A yamaha, a two smoker and VERY styish

Donor
29th January 2007, 22:03
Gawd, you're hard to pleae

Well what about this one. It's yellow, A yamaha, a two smoker and VERY styish

I was thinking more along the lines of this...

xwhatsit
29th January 2007, 22:30
I was thinking more along the lines of this...

Hehehehe. Perhaps you're not the RZ250s intended target market?

Assuming that's not a P/T, there's nothing wrong with a cruiser -- over Christmas I was riding one around in Aus (remind me to post up some photos) and quite enjoyed myself.

Again, I sort of reckon I know what you're on about... my little 250cc thumper isn't the prettiest or newest bike in the world, or most exciting -- I've rode a KR150 screamer, quite recently a ZXR250, a Ginny, and a 250cc Intruder cruiser -- all in their own ways shinier, faster, better looking, more modern -- but my CB250RS just fits me like a glove somehow. Sometimes I wish for a bit more power, and it being easier to start, but it just is `me'. I can't quite work out whether Daisy is not `you' or you're just having a passionately romantic love/hate/great sex relationship with her :D

Donor
29th January 2007, 22:35
I can't quite work out whether Daisy is not `you' or you're just having a passionately romantic love/hate/great sex relationship with her :D

It's just weird.

I either think she looks wrong for me, but can't get enough time in the saddle, or think she's just the best thing since internal combustion, yet feel awkward riding.

I guess fate throwing us together so quickly really hasn't allowed much bonding time.

Hmmm, how to convince the missus I need some 'me' time with Daisy. Say, oh a week or two pootling round the country...

McJim
29th January 2007, 22:51
You conform with me - my bike is a 2003 4 stroke and looks ratty as hell.

I just ride a slow bike quickly and you ride a quick bike slowly.

s'all.

Anyway - I told you to bring her round to my garage for some tartin' up ya madman so stop whingin' or I'll call you a pom.

Donor
29th January 2007, 22:54
Anyway - I told you to bring her round to my garage for some tartin' up ya madman so stop whingin' or I'll call you a pom.

I blame the 10 year association with SWMBO... she's corrupted me number 8 wire nature!

xwhatsit
30th January 2007, 01:00
You conform with me - my bike is a 2003 4 stroke and looks ratty as hell.

I just ride a slow bike quickly and you ride a quick bike slowly.

s'all.

McJim, fellow trumpeter, your bike is far from ratty. In fact, it is one of the best looking 250s I've seen around Auckland (not hard when you include all of the old beaten up CBRs and ZXRs). Never mind the tank ding.

0arbreaka
30th January 2007, 17:13
must shorten that bloody chain from the stove!
I am proud of you, young grasshopper..