PDA

View Full Version : Cow vs Bike

Chickadee
29th January 2007, 22:11
We had an outing with a mate on his bike today (myself & his Mrs followed in cages with weeins) and were nearly at our destination on Highway 22, when a cow appeared on the road, McJim narrowly missed it and but our mate wasn't so lucky. The beast wasted his Suzuki GSX250, broken a collar bone and munted his thumb. Not a nice thing to have happen - we can be thankful he's still alive. I'd hate to think what would have happened if it was in the path of one of the cages with us and kids on board.

Anyone else had incidents with livestock, and any words of wisdom for future reference?

SixPackBack
29th January 2007, 22:16
We had an outing with a mate on his bike today (myself & his Mrs followed in cages with weeins) and were nearly at our destination on Highway 22, when a cow appeared on the road, McJim narrowly missed it and but our mate wasn't so lucky. The beast wasted his Suzuki GSX250, broken a collar bone and munted his thumb. Not a nice thing to have happen - we can be thankful he's still alive. I'd hate to think what would have happened if it was in the path of one of the cages with us and kids on board.

Anyone else had incidents with livestock, and any words of wisdom for future reference?

Hows the beast?.........words of wisdom? avoid Cow's:sunny:

Chickadee
29th January 2007, 22:22
Cow stoated off the road into a paddock, not sure how badly it came off but it sure decided that the road wasn't a great place to be after that.

pixc
29th January 2007, 22:26
Dont let anybody cut the ear tag off the animal unless its the police etc. Its often the only way to identify the animal and who owns it. Ive heard of people cutting the tag off so they dont get the bill.

SixPackBack
29th January 2007, 22:32
Cow stoated off the road into a paddock, not sure how badly it came off but it sure decided that the road wasn't a great place to be after that.

Some one ran into a cow on a motorcycle and the animal was not checked but left to wander off?.........not cool, not cool at all:nono:

McJim
29th January 2007, 22:34
Aha - there's the problem right there - the cow scarpered - I wandered about for about an hour afterwards (mate was off to hospital I was waiting on a trailer for the wrecked bike) and couldn't find the cow. A couple of local farmers said they couldn't tell me whose cow it was as they couldn't find it. It ran into a paddock adjacent to a thick pine forest BUT we have got bits of cow embedded in the fairing should we need it (you know how they can tell the colour of a driver's underwear from paint transfer on CSI - we can match up the bald patches on the cow hopefully!)

So we have 3 witnesses - me, my wife and my mate's wife.

I have photos of where it happened.

We have bits of said cow attached to the fairing.

What more will my mate need to do in terms of the police report and the insurance claim? He is fully comp by the way.

McJim
29th January 2007, 22:37
Some one ran into a cow on a motorcycle and the animal was not checked but left to wander off?.........not cool, not cool at all:nono:

As soon as someone shows me how to stop half a ton of panicked running beast without a halter I'm there otherwise WTF?

SixPackBack
29th January 2007, 22:41
Aha - there's the problem right there - the cow scarpered - I wandered about for about an hour afterwards (mate was off to hospital I was waiting on a trailer for the wrecked bike) and couldn't find the cow. A couple of local farmers said they couldn't tell me whose cow it was as they couldn't find it. It ran into a paddock adjacent to a thick pine forest BUT we have got bits of cow embedded in the fairing should we need it (you know how they can tell the colour of a driver's underwear from paint transfer on CSI - we can match up the bald patches on the cow hopefully!)

I have photos of where it happened.

We have bits of said cow attached to the fairing.

What more will my mate need to do in terms of the police report and the insurance claim? He is fully comp by the way.

Insurance should be no problem. Good to hear you made a real effort to find the cow.
Lets hope Daisy the cow sleeps it off.

McJim
29th January 2007, 22:48
Insurance should be no problem. Good to hear you made a real effort to find the cow.
Lets hope Daisy the cow sleeps it off.

Yeah - the cow wasn't even limping - bike took a bit of hair off the hind quarters is all - glancing blow to a cow but enough to get a GSX airborne. Cow was moving fast - and seemed to bloody well know where it was heading too - 2 quads off looking for it but gave up (VTR is shit off road BTW)

gijoe1313
29th January 2007, 22:49
:gob: I'm glad no-one was killed ... but the injury and damage to your mate, bike and livestock :no: I dunno what the law of the land is, but isn't livestock running loose a no-no for the owner concerned (of the cow that is).

Shite :sick: gives me the shivers it does when I hear about things like this ... and I've only experience with poultry/fowl. Keep us updated about the rider and it's going to be a right mess sorting this thing out :doh:

Ride safely out there peeps :shit:

McJim
29th January 2007, 22:54
:gob: I'm glad no-one was killed ... but the injury and damage to your mate, bike and livestock :no: I dunno what the law of the land is, but isn't livestock running loose a no-no for the owner concerned (of the cow that is).

Shite :sick: gives me the shivers it does when I hear about things like this ... and I've only experience with poultry/fowl. Keep us updated about the rider and it's going to be a right mess sorting this thing out :doh:

Ride safely out there peeps :shit:

Hahaha - weren't you behind me when that kamikazee cat shot out in front of me on Jones road?

Disco Dan
29th January 2007, 22:58
Far out thats lucky! Hope alls ok!

Was the bike hot enough to cook the burger pattie? :shutup:

gijoe1313
29th January 2007, 23:01
Hahaha - weren't you behind me when that kamikazee cat shot out in front of me on Jones road?

Yeah, but I didn't hit it, unlike a ninja assassin duck coshing me on the back of the head resulting in drop! :doh: :o :sick: - you did the moose test and are able to type about it now!

How long did it take the ambos to cart your mate off to the 'awfitul?

edit : I've just had the awful idea that maybe people shouldn't ride behind you since odd things always occur to the following rider :shit: :eek5: :p

M1CRO
29th January 2007, 23:05
From past experience;

1. You are obliged to report the accident to the people in blue. You may want to contact the local authority ranger and let them know
2. The Farmer is generally not liable unless there is some suggestion that the farmer was negligent in their duty regarding fencing etc. Local Authority rangers generally have their ear to the ground in this respect and should be able to tell you if this is a trend..
3. Your mate is not liable (obviously) and I would leave it to insurance etc

Stock can make heaps of mess unfortunately. Have been to a few fatals in my life-time where cars have collided into cows that decided to ride the bonnet and enter the cabin .. Not pretty

The "best" one was three horses vs Mack Truck on Wiri Station Rd... Suffice to say that even the truck was pretty stuffed

Gremlin
29th January 2007, 23:23
Not really... different animals do different things... Some, its a sure bet to go where they are, as they move, others will retrace their steps.

With the smaller slower animals (like waddling ducks) I have seen it all happening early, and thought, surely this beast is going to stop moving into my bloody way... and keep thinking that in amazement, while I proceed to run over it. :sunny:

Jeaves
29th January 2007, 23:52
Good to hear you are all ok....more or less.....hitting a cow is like hitting a brick wall isnt it :gob: , hope the other rider recovers soon .

Edbear
30th January 2007, 06:26
With the smaller slower animals (like waddling ducks) I have seen it all happening early, and thought, surely this beast is going to stop moving into my bloody way... and keep thinking that in amazement, while I proceed to run over it. :sunny:

All the while, the "beast" was thinking, "Surely this beast is not going to run me over..!?" and keeps thinking this in amazement as...:yes:

McJim
30th January 2007, 06:29
Good to hear you are all ok....more or less.....hitting a cow is like hitting a brick wall isnt it :gob: , hope the other rider recovers soon .

There's a bit more give in a brick wall so I've heard.

thanks for the advice M1CRO.

2 local Farmers at the scene were notified - they are actively looking for the cow in question - they don't know whose cow it is nor will they until they find it - it wasn't in a nice flat open piece of countryside - creeks and gullys and forests and stuff. And when yer mate's lying on the deck in pain he takes kinda priority in the first few moments (which is when the cow made good it's escape)

Mate and his missus called the police.

NighthawkNZ
30th January 2007, 06:49
All the while, the "beast" was thinking, "Surely this beast is not going to run me over..!?" and keeps thinking this in amazement as...:yes:

nah the duck is just thinking "quack quack"

MSTRS
30th January 2007, 08:01

The cow could be considered a hostile witness..."There I was, just minding my own business in the tarseal paddock, when these two maniacs tried to take me out. Needless to say, I defended myself, but when the one wearing a kilt came at me with a Claymore, I thought better of it and beat a hasty retreat".
Glad to hear it wasn't worse, McJim.

Firefight
30th January 2007, 08:18
not an uncommom event, glad you ok, could have been a lot worse.

F/F

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 12:11
Man, glad you are ok and thank god your mate isn't too badly hurt.

First a cat, then a cow... what's next? Keep your eyes peeled for elephants and keep practising avoidance skills and braking!

I bags not behind McJim on the next ride.

MrMelon
30th January 2007, 12:17
I'd be after some steaks and hamburgers after that one!

McJim
30th January 2007, 12:44
I bags not behind McJim on the next ride.

Less o' yer complainin'! I wiz tail end charlie for ye at the weekend - is that no good enuff fur ye?

magicfairy
30th January 2007, 12:44
A couple of years I ago I was on back of BusaJims busa, 11:30pm pitch black night, raining night near Havelock (just come off the ferry, heading to Nelson) when he sees a pair of eyes, realises there is an animal on the road but it was too dark to see which way the cow was facing, where the body was.

He slammed on the brakes, (which is what made me look up to see a huge black cow right in front of us!!) and just in time could see where the rest of the cow was and did a massive countersteer to get round it. There was no way to stop in time, if it hadn't turned to look we wouldn't have seen the eyes reflect and it would have been all over rover.

It was that close that as we glanced off the cows body, it knocked back the mirror and knocked Jims left arm off the bars.
He kept riding on to Nelson.
My heart was beating so fast I now know what it means when people say "my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest"
He told me later that he didn't stop cos he thought I might never get back on the bike, it was that close.
Was probably one of the scariest moments I have had on a bike - ever.

aderino4
30th January 2007, 13:04
Sorry to hear that.

You guys must be the group that I saw going into 22 while I was on my way out.

ManDownUnder
30th January 2007, 13:08
As soon as someone shows me how to stop half a ton of panicked running beast without a halter I'm there otherwise WTF?

If it answers to "Weasel" just offer it a beer

kiwifruit
30th January 2007, 13:14
Holy cow, glad you are "ok"

Donor
30th January 2007, 15:26
Less o' yer complainin'! I wiz tail end charlie for ye at the weekend - is that no good enuff fur ye?

Didn't stop me front tyre taking a quick trip sideways when that bloody dead possum ran out in front of me at the top of the passing lane just before the Pukekohe Golf course.

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 15:33
when that bloody dead possum ran out in front of me

I know you think your bike is ugly but it would be beneficial if you rode with your eyes open :p

gijoe1313
30th January 2007, 15:40
Didn't stop me front tyre taking a quick trip sideways when that bloody dead possum ran out in front of me at the top of the passing lane just before the Pukekohe Golf course.

Another awful idea dawning... :eek5: Don't ride FRONT or BACK of McJim...bejeebus, it's satan hellspawn on two wheels of doom! :gob:

McJim
30th January 2007, 15:49
Another awful idea dawning... :eek5: Don't ride FRONT or BACK of McJim...bejeebus, it's satan hellspawn on two wheels of doom! :gob:

Ah - you fellas have finally recognised me for who I am - shucks.

Does this mean I won't get invited to any more of your L plate runs?

You do realise I kept that blue BMW off yer arse for about 40 minutes don't you?

Ungrateful wee sods :rofl:

crashe
30th January 2007, 15:56

Oi you....... I will have you know that I followed behind McJim very recently....
and nought happened to me....... In fact he saw me safely all the way back to the motorway entrance so that I could get myself home.

So there.

He is a alright rider in my books.... so stop picking on him....... or I will get chickadee onto you........ only cos she lives closer to you.

Disco Dan
30th January 2007, 16:08
I will get chickadee onto you........ only cos she lives closer to you.

you know any chickadoo's that live near me you could send round? ;)

McJim
30th January 2007, 16:10

And this is why you are called Desperate Dan by everyone.....

crashe
30th January 2007, 16:11

No
:shutup: :Punk:

PS: I thought you went out on a 'hot' date the other night....... she dump you too....
cos it was that memorable for her............ NOT !

Or did you pick her up and you got her LOST somewhere in the city.....?

Disco Dan
30th January 2007, 16:14
Awwwwwwww :shutup: heheh

gijoe1313
30th January 2007, 16:20
Oi you....... I will have you know that I followed behind McJim very recently....
and nought happened to me....... In fact he saw me safely all the way back to the motorway entrance so that I could get myself home.

So there.

He is a alright rider in my books.... so stop picking on him....... or I will get chickadee onto you........ only cos she lives closer to you.

Aieeeeee!! Not you toooooo! McJim has infected another! That tartan terror from the twisties of the Trossachs has tolled the bell for thee! (Hmmm W00t...just one more post to 1000...and I'm wasting it here!)

And chickadee doesn't scare me! ...... much I phear the wrath of the crazy frog undertaking me on a sweeping corner and leaving me gasping in a cloud and haze of it's two-stroking goodness (and Disco Dan... keep your hands above the bedsheets! :msn-wink:)

Wait... another smoted idea of awful dawning is resonating upon me!...

Disco Dan was helped by Crashe...who was infected by the kilted bike killer of the haggis clan McJimmyJimJim...the chain is growing :eek5:

Oh, when will this nightmare cease to torment my fevered and wracked overwrought imaginations? O! Feral and avowed Gods of the Ride! Hear my plea! Let me ride my little ol'Hornet over the hills and far away!
:shutup: :done: :innocent:

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 16:22
It's the blue pill gijoe :)

crashe
30th January 2007, 16:26
Yee gawds......... someone hide gijoe1313's pills........
He has taken the wrong one/s yet again......

Or better still get him out there on the bike for a ride......... to help clear his brain........

I know who is best to take him for a ride...... McJim...... yep he is the best person to help him out.:yes:

yungatart
30th January 2007, 16:30
blah blah blah blah

Thank the Lord that school goes back next week!! gijoe can baffle his unwilling students with bullshit, big words and palaver, and we may be lucky enough to have KB return to "sanity"

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 16:30
McJim...... yep he is the best person to help him out.:yes:

McJim and his menagerie :)

McJim
30th January 2007, 16:35
Awwwwwwww :shutup: heheh

I actually had that annual as a child - I remember getting it brand new.

Back cover "By hokey, I've shaved myself a bit too high. And where's my pesky hat gone?"

Incidentally I think Desperate Dan was actually a Maori - coz he was always talking about Cow Pie. (Inside Cover of 1979 Annual had Desperate Dan's Patent Cow Catcher and Cow Pie maker - it looked like a steam train.)

Hence bringing the thread back on topic and collisions with cattle.

Ixion
30th January 2007, 16:37
Eh. You know what a cow pie is , dontcha ?

McJim
30th January 2007, 16:39
Eh. You know what a cow pie is , dontcha ?

In what context Ix?

Disco Dan
30th January 2007, 16:43
Yee gawds......... someone hide gijoe1313's pills........
He has taken the wrong one/s yet again......

I know who is best to take him for a ride...... McJim...... yep he is the best person to help him out.:yes:

take the little white ones with the "E" stamped on them...

I'll take your for a ride!!! "bring ya own gps ride"

crashe
30th January 2007, 16:43
Tis a clump of cow shit.......... :whistle:

Disco Dan
30th January 2007, 16:47
Tis a clump of cow shit.......... :whistle:

kow Pai Crashe!

Chickadee
30th January 2007, 18:27
A couple of years I ago I was on back of BusaJims busa, 11:30pm pitch black night, raining night near Havelock (just come off the ferry, heading to Nelson) when he sees a pair of eyes, realises there is an animal on the road but it was too dark to see which way the cow was facing, where the body was.

He slammed on the brakes, (which is what made me look up to see a huge black cow right in front of us!!) and just in time could see where the rest of the cow was and did a massive countersteer to get round it. There was no way to stop in time, if it hadn't turned to look we wouldn't have seen the eyes reflect and it would have been all over rover.

It was that close that as we glanced off the cows body, it knocked back the mirror and knocked Jims left arm off the bars.
He kept riding on to Nelson.
My heart was beating so fast I now know what it means when people say "my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest"
He told me later that he didn't stop cos he thought I might never get back on the bike, it was that close.
Was probably one of the scariest moments I have had on a bike - ever.

Bugger me, that would have definitely been a brown pants situation. Hope you've not had anything remotely like that happen again.

Our mate is probably giving up bikes which is a shame. We'll keep hoping he'll come around to the idea again, he is a good rider - but I suppose when the call is that close you start to wonder if it's worth it (bearing in mind he's a Dad to two lassies under 16mths and all). Irony being he was on the RRRS course a couple of weeks ago. He probably handled the situation better as a result. As long as he realises it would have been deadly senario in cage or bike - it was just bad luck.:cry:

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 18:31
Perhaps given some time to reflect he may change his mind about giving up biking totally... then again he may not. Probably all he can think about right now is how his daughters could have been left fatherless.

I haven't had a close call like that so I don't really know what my reaction would be either.

Aitch
30th January 2007, 18:39
From past experience;

1. You are obliged to report the accident to the people in blue. You may want to contact the local authority ranger and let them know
2. The Farmer is generally not liable unless there is some suggestion that the farmer was negligent in their duty regarding fencing etc. Local Authority rangers generally have their ear to the ground in this respect and should be able to tell you if this is a trend..
3. Your mate is not liable (obviously) and I would leave it to insurance etc

Stock can make heaps of mess unfortunately. Have been to a few fatals in my life-time where cars have collided into cows that decided to ride the bonnet and enter the cabin .. Not pretty

The "best" one was three horses vs Mack Truck on Wiri Station Rd... Suffice to say that even the truck was pretty stuffed

I think the farmer is liable, that's what public liability insurance is for!!!!!!!

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 18:42
Yeah - the cow wasn't even limping

That's cause it was wearing its leathers :rofl: Bad joke I know

Chickadee
30th January 2007, 18:44
I'm sure if there is someone at fault, the insurance folks will find them. Otherwise I guess the insurance company will have to pay regardless, he had full cover (wise man).

Aitch
30th January 2007, 18:46
I'm sure if there is someone at fault, the insurance folks will find them. Otherwise I guess the insurance company will have to pay regardless, he had full cover (wise man).

Wise man, wise chickadee!

The Joka
30th January 2007, 19:19
Glad to hear that you guys are okay.. well nearly okay!

We had a similar accident in a car..

Going back sometime now but it was a really wet night and a friend was heading to Hahei on the coromandel! Slowly cruizing round the twisties.. They start going past a cliff only to have the bejeezus scared out of them when a Sheep falls from the cliff and lands on the bonnet of the car!

Needless to say doing some serious damage to car and Sheep...

:shit:

Chisanga
30th January 2007, 19:22
A mate's dad hit a horse at 120km in his Galant about 15 years ago, it jumped a fence, ran down a steep embankment and straight into the right front of the car.
Luckily it was only a glancing blow and the horse didn't go over the bonnet into the car but along the side.... still wrote off the car and a farmer was quite close by with a shotgun to put the horse out of its misery :(

McJim
30th January 2007, 20:12
Talking of sheep - It was Hellraiser that supplied the trailer to bring the old smashed GSX back to Auckland - I followed along behind in case bits fell off the bike when I spotted some sheep at the side of the road - I took it slowly and took a wide line - later Hellraiser and his wife told me they saw the sheep and said to each other "I hope McJim has spotted them - it would just be murphy's law wouldn't it?" Good we could have a laff about it afterwards eh?

Disco Dan
30th January 2007, 20:57
Talking of sheep

:shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :rofl: :rofl:

McJim
30th January 2007, 21:17
:shutup: :shutup: :shutup: :rofl: :rofl:

Hmmmm - if you didn't want your seat recovered you could have just said - you didn't need to take the piss.:Pokey:

cowboyz
30th January 2007, 21:25
In 05 I had a crack at running over a cow. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=16879

Not really as good an idea as it sounds. Hurts lots and I got away without breaking anything (on me)

The farmer is liable. He should keep his stock on his property. There is a loophole where the farmer cant be "officially charged" with reckless endangerment if he was not found to be deliberately negalgent., (for christ sake there is a lot of big words creeping into this post, probably all spelt wrong too)

The farmer , or the farmers insurance did pay out for my accident but only because I packed a real big mental at them. They tried several times to get out of it.

kro
31st January 2007, 05:34
Finn is obviously slipping, so I'll say it for him.....What was Helen Clark doing in the middle of the road to begin with........ ?

Thankfully, as you said, noone was hurt. I haven't hit anything larger than a bird, and that was scary enough.

Edbear
31st January 2007, 05:48
we may be lucky enough to have KB return to "sanity"

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

Finn
31st January 2007, 07:08

Well, you manged to stop.

DMNTD
31st January 2007, 07:23
The Farmer is generally not liable unless there is some suggestion that the farmer was negligent in their duty regarding fencing etc.

I think the farmer is liable, that's what public liability insurance is for!!!!!!!

From what was experienced by myself and a "few" others up North,the farmer is not liable unless it is after a certain time at night...twilight from memory etc,and yes the state of said farmer's fences is taken into consideration too.

Have had MANY close calls with cows/horses/sheep/dogs/etc and a general rule of thumb is to pick a line and nail it!!(if you're unable to stop safely :yes: )
The faster you're past them the better because as mentioned they are a scatty bunch and you never know which way they'll head...ie: start left,head right. Hawks are another...

SixPackBack
31st January 2007, 09:06
Have had MANY close calls with cows/horses/sheep/dogs/etc and a general rule of thumb is to pick a line and nail it!!(if you're unable to stop safely :yes: )
The faster you're past them the better because as mentioned they are a scatty bunch and you never know which way they'll head...ie: start left,head right. Hawks are another...

And Women, don't get me started on them:dodge:

McJim
31st January 2007, 19:02
Well, you manged to stop.

Yeah, but I was wearing my gimp mask at the time...it has a halter attached.

Lias
1st February 2007, 10:54
DESPERATE DAN
ƒ A D Bm E C#m

The big fat chud wobbled home one night, singing:
'Woah, Maccy Maccy'
After twenty eight pints.
Had a bit of trouble getting the key in the door,
His belly dragged him downwards and his face hit the floor.
Spilt curry down his shirt, soaked through to the vest,
Pisses in his jeans as he tries to undress,
Trousers round his ankles, he bangs into the door,
Decides to have a piss in the cutlery drawer

Then he starts to vomit on the telly by the wall,
She must have been to Comet,
Coz that cunt wasn't there before.

He pukes and he pukes, but there's no stopping,
New picture on the stairs, the old bag's been shopping.
He spews and he spews then its time to relax,
He props himself up on the edge of the bath.
One last puke strains his whole body,
Out of his arse plops a vindaloo jobby.
Bile out the front end, bum-sick out the back,
Vomit in the toilet, diarrhoea all over the bath.

Then his buttock hits the hot tap and his chubby legs collapse,
His jeans are round his ankles,
The big fat bastard falls backwards into the bath

His arms and legs are waving, they're flapping like fuck,
But the shit's sealed him in, and the fat cunt's stuck.
He flounders in the tub, but he's a perfect fit,
Turds down his back, his front's borted in sick.
He grabs at the taps to pull himself clear,
But he hasn't got a clue about the trouble at the rear,
He crawls into bed, covered in shite,
And tries to cuddle up to his extremely fat and ugly wife.

She hits him with a small brush
He's landed on the floor, she says:
'You smelly fat walrus, you live at number 24.'

©1990 The Macc Lads

N.B.- 'Borted' = covered/ drenched/ soaked/ coated/ caked/ etc (usually with something loud and powerful).

N.B.- ‘Woah Maccy Maccy’= A football chant sung at the Moss Rose: a 1972 tune by Giorgio Moroder
(made famous by Chicory Tip)... all together....
“Woah, Maccy Maccy; Maccy, Maccy, Maccy, Maccy Macclesfield”

Mp3 available on request.. classic song :-)

Aitch
1st February 2007, 16:02
He's responsible for keeping his animals off the road. Unless he can prove they were let out of the paddock by some miscreant, he should cough up. Again, this is why they have public liability insurance!

NotaGoth
1st February 2007, 16:52
Just about hit a dog one night... Partner was driving.. He didn't see it.. Suddenly he's got me screaming for him to stop... Slammed on brakes and stopped just in front of some idiots dog....

Have only ever seen the damage done to a BMW (car) when someone I know hit a horse... The locals seem to think its cool to let their dogs, pigs, cows, horses roam on the roads at nights.. Oh and theres even emus!!!!!!!!! Its pathetic...

Horse must have literally rolled.. Ended up hitting the very front part of the roof/windscreen.... Pushed that right in and just about crushed the passengers head... Killed the horse.. And just about killed both driver and passenger....

Saddest part is.... Partner was driving through the area the next day... And to his amazement.... Another 6 horses out roaming on the ride... And 1 dead horse still in the ditch.... You'd think the owner would have opened their eyes... OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!!!! Unfit to own an animal.. And they obviously don't care about the fact that they just about killed someone with their stupidity... Wasn't the horses fault... They don't know any better..

After seeing the aftermath of horse versus car... I'd hate to think about cow verse bike... You're friends very very lucky... Also in saying that.. I hope the cows ok... Real horrible to not know wether it died in pain... Or wether its ok... Poor thing..

NotaGoth
1st February 2007, 16:55
He's responsible for keeping his animals off the road. Unless he can prove they were let out of the paddock by some miscreant, he should cough up. Again, this is why they have public liability insurance!

I'm also pretty sure owners are liable... Then again thats "IF" you can track them down...